Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Careprost review & updates!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:00 am      Reply with quote
After using Careprost, it was the first time ever in my life that I actually had to trim back my own eyelashes! Cool

and I am not young either LOL.

They were literally dragging across my lids and forget wearing reading or sunglasses. The pushing against the lenses was a bit unnerving.

What can I say? it just works.

BFG
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Tonight I used blue-black 1,000Hour lash dye and wow my lashes look amazing. I've been putting coconut oil on them at night to keep them soft but now they're also dark all the way to the tips. Very Happy
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:55 am      Reply with quote
So great to see all the positive reviews...I just started on this product. My lashes have gotten so thin and short...it takes a ton of mascara just to make them look like they are there!! Thanks for sharing!!! ~ Aprile
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I used Careprost for a few months and it did indeed make my eyelashes grow longer (although not thicker.) HOWEVER, it caused a lot of redness to my lids and even now, a year after I've stopped using Careprost, I have red lines above my lash line where I once applied the Careprost. There is a caution that Careprost (and Latisse) can cause a brown line in that area, which is permanent, but since my skin is fair I think the line left from the product is instead red...and I suspect permament. I will never use it again.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:44 am      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
I used Careprost for a few months and it did indeed make my eyelashes grow longer (although not thicker.) HOWEVER, it caused a lot of redness to my lids and even now, a year after I've stopped using Careprost, I have red lines above my lash line where I once applied the Careprost. There is a caution that Careprost (and Latisse) can cause a brown line in that area, which is permanent, but since my skin is fair I think the line left from the product is instead red...and I suspect permament. I will never use it again.

Wow Ethel - so sorry to hear that! Did you experience any irritation to the tissues or anything *while* using the product? I just started on the regimen.... Thanks, Aprile
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Careprost and had minimal growth compared to others. After reading these posts I decided to order Latisse and see if there will any difference. I will post any results that I get!
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Today I had a mini-facial and microcurrent session with my esthetician after not seeing her for a while. She asked me if I was using Latisse - I said no, Careprost. She'd never heard of it, which surprised me. She had used Latisse the last time I saw her and her lashes were amazing then, but she said because of the price it just got too expensive. She said to me, "I've NEVER seen the kind of results that you have, from anyone who used Latisse" and I guess she's seen a few to compare to! She asked me to e-mail her the name and some links. So I guess if my esthetician was impressed, even as a former Latisse user, that's a good endorsement.

[And in case anyone is wondering, I don't work for Careprost, or get free or discounted product, or have any deal going with them to bring in customers - I have just gotten great results without irritation so when asked, I always tell!]
Chinookbaby

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there
Does anyone know of a good site to buy careprost from that ships to Canada? My last order was with buy best medicine and the product was inexpensive and arrived quickly, however it appears they no longer ship to Canada.
I've had great results with careprost and have been using it for several months. I've never heard of rapid lash....is it effective?
Thanks!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I use inhousepharmacy.biz.

ETA link:

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-585-careprost-eye-drops.aspx

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:41 am      Reply with quote
In house pharmacy does not have Canada in the drop down menu and so the order cannot be completed. Any other choices?
Does anyone know how I can have it shipped to a nearby U.S address? Shelby or Great Falls Montana are the nearest U.S cities to me.
Any info is much appreciated!!!
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
My lashes have grown out to an amazing length. rarely use mascara, and when I do my lashes look fake. This stuff really works.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Chinookbaby wrote:
Hi there
Does anyone know of a good site to buy careprost from that ships to Canada? My last order was with buy best medicine and the product was inexpensive and arrived quickly, however it appears they no longer ship to Canada.
I've had great results with careprost and have been using it for several months. I've never heard of rapid lash....is it effective?
Thanks!

Have you tried All Day Chemist?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Other than AllDayChemist, which site do you recommend for the US? Thank you! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I also use inhousepharmacy.biz and have for many, many years. Just reordered from them last month and although not in the US they do ship here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Other than AllDayChemist, which site do you recommend for the US? Thank you! Very Happy

fitengineer, I got mine from United Pharmacies

https://www.unitedpharmacies.com/Careprost_Bimatoprost_Ophthalmic__003_3mL-p-1001.html

Good shipping speed, good customer service to the States. Shipping a little pricey but not really any worse than inhousepharmacy. Possibly a couple bucks more. I don't remember exactly now, but it's worth checking out.

Sadly, though, despite my positive customer service experience, it looks like the Careprost may turn my eyelids pink. I already have some "smudging" on my eyelids that, after doing some research today, I realize is probably related to thinning skin on my eyelids, in the way some people get circles underneath their eyes when that skin thins.

But after only just one use, the Careprost seems to have made the smudging worse. No irritation of my eyes, just this weird pink coloration.

We'll see...I may just be hyper about it b/c the smudging was bothering me to begin with, and I could definitely be imagining such quick negative effects with Careprost. But it could happen.

Also, I honestly am expecting bad side effects from it because of all the problems I've already had on my lids (contact dermatitis/flaking eczema from eye make up, crepey skin, etc.). So that could be influencing my perception, too.

And I just started using Merbe as well as some vitamin A (not tretinoin) topicals, so that could be it, too.

But even though it's early in I am still just a bit bummed because I really would love to have nice eyelashes and it's already looking like I may have to quit the Careprost. I so don't want to be one of the unlucky ones with this. Sad

Again, I guess we'll see.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for replying. Have you had any issues using your credit/debit cards on these sites?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I am experiencing similar issues as the ones you are describing, hence why I have been reluctant to try Careprost for so long. I've used Revitalash and Nutralash in the past, and they both worsened the pink line on my top eye lid and they made the outer corners of my eyelids red and sensitive. Revitalash was the worst, despite the beautiful lashes (nothing to rave about after reading of others' results with Careprost though...). I stopped and tried something that claimed to be more natural, Nutralash - I could barely see any results, and the top of my eyelids was still pink.

So, I figured I'd give this one a try too, knowing that I already have pink eyelids, thin crepey skin all around the eye area, and that Careprost might exacerbate it all... But, it's human nature to not give up on hope Smile

Yubs wrote:

Sadly, though, despite my positive customer service experience, it looks like the Careprost may turn my eyelids pink. I already have some "smudging" on my eyelids that, after doing some research today, I realize is probably related to thinning skin on my eyelids, in the way some people get circles underneath their eyes when that skin thins.

But after only just one use, the Careprost seems to have made the smudging worse. No irritation of my eyes, just this weird pink coloration.

We'll see...I may just be hyper about it b/c the smudging was bothering me to begin with, and I could definitely be imagining such quick negative effects with Careprost. But it could happen.

Also, I honestly am expecting bad side effects from it because of all the problems I've already had on my lids (contact dermatitis/flaking eczema from eye make up, crepey skin, etc.). So that could be influencing my perception, too.

And I just started using Merbe as well as some vitamin A (not tretinoin) topicals, so that could be it, too.

But even though it's early in I am still just a bit bummed because I really would love to have nice eyelashes and it's already looking like I may have to quit the Careprost. I so don't want to be one of the unlucky ones with this. Sad

Again, I guess we'll see.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:04 am      Reply with quote
fitengineer wrote:
I am experiencing similar issues as the ones you are describing, hence why I have been reluctant to try Careprost for so long. I've used Revitalash and Nutralash in the past, and they both worsened the pink line on my top eye lid and they made the outer corners of my eyelids red and sensitive. Revitalash was the worst, despite the beautiful lashes (nothing to rave about after reading of others' results with Careprost though...). I stopped and tried something that claimed to be more natural, Nutralash - I could barely see any results, and the top of my eyelids was still pink.

So, I figured I'd give this one a try too, knowing that I already have pink eyelids, thin crepey skin all around the eye area, and that Careprost might exacerbate it all... But, it's human nature to not give up on hope

Yeah, fit, never say die! Very Happy

Good news...I used Careprost last night before bed instead of yesterday during the day, and my eyelids actually seem a little better this a.m.. At least, no worse than they were without the Careprost. If it never gets any worse than this I can live with it. Sad thing is I very rarely use make-up (has to be a special occasion, definitely not for work or informal gatherings) because my whole face can get sensitized very quickly by regular use, so the smudging will never get covered up. Sad

So I'm going to embark on a campaign of trying to thicken up my eyelid skin. I'm going to do light pinching and very gentle massage, occasional gentle actives only, and generally leave them alone for a long time. I've been pretty rough on them lately. I thought the smudging was due to hormones, but thinking back it's probably because of recent aggressive treatment because I haven't had the problem for that long. I have always treated eyelids exactly like the rest of the skin on my face (acids, needling, SuperCop on occasion, etc.), which flies in the face of most expert recommendations. But I figured, skin is skin and so treat it all the same. What do those experts and people with more experience than me *really* know, after all? Rolling Eyes Up until recently that strategy worked okay, but apparently now the worm has turned.

Stupidity and arrogance aside, the reactivity with cosmetics and the resulting inflammation and flaky dermatitis that has occurred over the years is also known to thin skin wherever it happens. So, double whammy on my eyelids.

Hopefully now that I've wised up I can correct it. Hope maybe you can find a strategy that will help you do the same. Or at least that Careprost doesn't make your situation worse. Keep us posted.

P.S. The United Pharmacy link has no problem taking credit cards. I found it because inhousepharmacy.biz was having problems with their credit card interface that day. I have no idea if they've corrected it or not, but United as far as I know has had no problems.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:

So I'm going to embark on a campaign of trying to thicken up my eyelid skin. I'm going to do light pinching and very gentle massage, occasional gentle actives only, and generally leave them alone for a long time. I've been pretty rough on them lately. I thought the smudging was due to hormones, but thinking back it's probably because of recent aggressive treatment because I haven't had the problem for that long. I have always treated eyelids exactly like the rest of the skin on my face (acids, needling, SuperCop on occasion, etc.), which flies in the face of most expert recommendations. But I figured, skin is skin and so treat it all the same. What do those experts and people with more experience than me *really* know, after all? Rolling Eyes Up until recently that strategy worked okay, but apparently now the worm has turned.

Stupidity and arrogance aside, the reactivity with cosmetics and the resulting inflammation and flaky dermatitis that has occurred over the years is also known to thin skin wherever it happens. So, double whammy on my eyelids.

You've used SuperCop on your eyelids?? Shock Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
You've used SuperCop on your eyelids?? Shock Shock

Yes, yes, yes. I know. I am a dumb-a$$. Wink I'm quite aware. Please do not rub it in. Kicking myself enough as it is. Laughing Razz

FWIW, I used this strategy for a long time and my eyelids did pretty well. Never bothered them, at any rate. The dermatitis/eczema thing has been going on since I was in my 20's, long before I started serious hobbying with skin care. It used to only happen when I wore eyeshadow with a purple tint to it. Then it progressed to increased sensitivity to most make-ups over the years.

But this smudge effect on the eyelids is recent, and I do think it's due to being overly aggressive (the needling, SuperCop, etc.), plus I'm hitting 50.

I'm hoping it's just a good bout with the uglies and if I leave it alone it will correct itself over time.

Again, we'll see.
Chinookbaby

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:39 am      Reply with quote
What is supercop...or needling? Any suggestions on skin care products?
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Chinookbaby wrote:
What is supercop...or needling? Any suggestions on skin care products?

Hi Chinook--SuperCop2x is a super-strong formulation of copper peptides (CP's). CP's are supposed to help build healthy collagen and elastin in your skin. However, they don't agree with everyone so if you're interested in trying copper peptides you should start out with the gentlest formulation (NOT one of the SuperCops!)and experiment your way up.

Skin care is pretty individualized, and recommendations vary according to skin type. General rules of thumb that everyone can probably agree on is use the gentlest cleanser that gets your skin clean but doesn't unnecessarily strip it of your body's natural oils (some people need to strip more oil than others), and moisturize with the moisturizer that works best without breaking you out (some people can use heavy moisturizers, others can't). Between those two alpha-omega recommendations there are 100's of actives and potions you can try for anti-aging, anti-acne, etc.

But this is not the thread to discuss skin care. This thread is about Careprost for eyelashes. If you have more questions about skin care and skin care products, I suggest you read around a bit more to see if you can answer some of your own questions, and then start your own thread for what you can't. I'm sure people will be happy to give you advice.

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Update on my eyelids: I have not used Careprost or anything harsher than OSEA serum and moisturizer on my eyelids, and the smudges/redness are fading. Slowly. Crepiness of eyelids also seems to be improving. I'm going to hold off on Careprost and strong actives for another month to see what happens. I'll start Careprost as soon as the smudges are gone.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
After using Careprost, it was the first time ever in my life that I actually had to trim back my own eyelashes! Cool

and I am not young either LOL.

They were literally dragging across my lids and forget wearing reading or sunglasses. The pushing against the lenses was a bit unnerving.

What can I say? it just works.

BFG

Me too. I tried careprost thinking I could finally ditch mascara forever. I ended up having to trim down my upper and lower lashes.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Careprost in mid September and have been using it once per night ever since. I was hoping to see some improvement by now, but if it's there, it's minimal... Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all!

The thing that's really helped me get good results with careprost with MINIMAL irritation(honestly I have the faintest pink at the base of my lashes on top eyelids and I'm ok with that) is using the tiny fuzzy tipped wands that you can find on amazon if you search 'eyelash micro brush'

I like these because they deposit just the right amount of liquid for me, which is very very little. I tried careprost a couple years ago and quit because of irritation but was inspired to go back this year and I'm loving it. I need to figure out how to post a picture on here.

I think careprost is one of those less is more products...I'm starting to think a lot of what I do would be improved if I could remember everything in moderation! I've been saying that a lot lately actually, EDS is teaching me Wink

-C
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |