Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:47 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Hi Majorb,

I wanted to mention the skin plumping but wanted to hold off. I thought it was my imagination. At my age, this isnt enough as an eye cream though. Someone younger could definitely use just AA. My favourite eye cream so far (since you asked Laughing ) is the new YBF correct. I can say this without reservation even though I've only been using it for a week. YBF makes a great lip plumper too that (surprise) actually works. Next tip (I'm on a roll) grab some Nars orgasm illuminator and apply it on top of your cheekbones. Instant glow, swear it takes years off, without glitter.

Hi, marina - it's always nice to see you around. Very Happy

Fingers crossed for that skin plumping to stay with us. Funnily enough, it didn't really register me until I looked into the mirror first thing this morning and marvelled at how much better my skin is looking. I'm quite slim and often worry about appearing gaunt at my age so the recent bit of plumping out is very welcome indeed.

As for eye cream, the AA (I use both the serum and the accelerator) is fine overnight, but I do a little top up with my beloved Valmont Eye Contour (or Prime, as it's now called) each morning and definitely under makeup.

I've never heard of YBF. Please tell me more! (Maybe you could start a new thread on it as I know quite a few other EDS'ers have been involved with a similar search for something to help with their undereye lines.)

I've heard of Nars' Orgasm but, would you believe, have never tried it. I am enjoying the youthful glow I achieve from a different product, though - Chanel Tweed Rose blusher.

Anyway, please do check in again with your thoughts on AA as you continue to use it. Would love to compare notes!
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:33 am      Reply with quote
If you read back, I asked dr J. some time ago if his second ingredient shouldn't read 'cell conditioned media' instead of 'cytokines'. He denied that explicitly, cytokines were cytokines. That is what surprised me - as you can see ReLuma's ingredient list is way more realistic.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
but also totally crazy since most cytokines are in vivo measured in nanograms/ml serum, and pure cytokines as second ingredient would make a huge - and dangerous - overkill.

How on earth did you draw that conclusion??? Generally only a small fraction of any active is absorbed topically. For example we use up to 20% L-ascorbic acid but that is not the concentration that we expect in our skin. Secondly being the second ingredient doesn't tell you anything about the concentration unless you can establish the concentration of an ingredient lower down the list. For example you might have 79% water, 20% L-AA, 1% preservative OR you might have 98% water 1% L-AA and 1% preservative. Ingredients lists would look identical.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
NanSam
5% products discount

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
NanSam wrote:

While I am a brand new AnteAGE customer, I learned about it from two women here where I work who have been using for several months, and rave about it. Maybe I can get them to leave comments. -Nan

Cookie and NanSam, I would love to hear your and your colleagues reviews. Nansam, what are the ages of the women using it at your work place, and have you, yourself, noticed an improvement in their skin?

rileygirl- Liz is 46 (I think), and Jill is 52. The way I first heard about AnteAGE was one day seeing Jill in a meeting and thinking this woman has had some work done 'cause she definitely looks younger than the last time I'd seen her. After the meeting I asked her, and she told me about AnteAGE. Because we do stem cell research (I'm a biochemist), I was at first skeptical, then curious, then did a lot of background research, was swayed by the science and Cellese's clinical trial results, and decided to try for myself. Day 2, too early for results, but I do like the feel of it, wonderfully moisturizing. I will email both Jill and Liz to see if they would share their experience directly with you. -Nan
NanSam
5% products discount

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
If you read back, I asked dr J. some time ago if his second ingredient shouldn't read 'cell conditioned media' instead of 'cytokines'. He denied that explicitly, cytokines were cytokines. That is what surprised me - as you can see ReLuma's ingredient list is way more realistic.

Non sequitur (Latin for "it does not follow"), in formal logic, is an argument in which its conclusion does not follow from its premises.

I thank those of you who privately sent me notes filling me in on the cast of characters who try to distract from science based discussions for their own ego inflation, trying to pose as experts in one thing or another, without any real qualifications. I thought it was an exaggeration until I looked back over the notes in this section. I'm appalled.

To the people who don't fit this description, thank you for welcoming me.-Nan
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I asked a simple question and received a simple answer from the producer himself. IMO this is very logical, the possible conclusions are:

1. the answer was truthful
2. the answer was not truthful.

Both conclusions are disturbing.

If you have a third option, I would like to hear it.
NanSam
5% products discount

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
I asked a simple question and received a simple answer from the producer himself. IMO this is very logical, the possible conclusions are:

Let me get this straight. You asked DrJ which he thought was a better label descriptor, and he said cytokines. Some other company uses an older descriptor, conditioned medium. Therefore DrJ is lying, or he is not, in which case you are scared. This despite one Firefox7275 correcting you about your complete misinterpretation of label requirements. I'm sorry, but your logic escapes this girl. Do you even know what conditioned medium is? What does the other company think their active ingredient is, sugar water? How is that realistic? You seem to be trying to create controversy, but you do so without offering any clear argument. If you are trying to push this other product, you are certainly doing a poor job. And why are you doing so in an AnteAGE forum? Sorry if I sound harsh, but all this DrJ bashing is really despicable in my book. What makes you so bitter? Have you no decency, no shame? -Nan
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
"Stem cell conditioned medium" would be the acceptable description. The other possibility would be to state the medium ingredients and the cytokines seperately as ingredients on the label, preferably specified.
That would be according to the FDA guidelines. There's a link to them in this topic somewhere - I suggest you read them before commenting any further on this matter.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

Let me get this straight. You asked DrJ which he thought was a better label descriptor, and he said cytokines. Some other company uses an older descriptor, conditioned medium. Therefore DrJ is lying, or he is not, in which case you are scared. This despite one Firefox7275 correcting you about your complete misinterpretation of label requirements. I'm sorry, but your logic escapes this girl. Do you even know what conditioned medium is? What does the other company think their active ingredient is, sugar water? How is that realistic? You seem to be trying to create controversy, but you do so without offering any clear argument. If you are trying to push this other product, you are certainly doing a poor job. And why are you doing so in an AnteAGE forum? Sorry if I sound harsh, but all this DrJ bashing is really despicable in my book. What makes you so bitter? Have you no decency, no shame? -Nan

So DrJ free to bash all competitors and customers who have not had satisfactory results with cellese.
No one is allowed to ask him any awkward questions or disagree with him.
Seems a wee bit unfair. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 am      Reply with quote
The whole controversy wouldn't exist if dr J. had been honest about the ingredients in the first place - still unclear if, and if so which ones, there are any essential oils in the accelerator! And also things would not have become such a big issue if dr J.'s main contributions in this topic hadn't been info on totally different uses of stem cells and bashing the competition, instead of giving clear and convincing data on his own product.
This whole mess, sorry to say, is of his own making. He has told us he would 'educate' us to view skin care products more critically - and that's just what I am doing. Science, proof, logic and an ingredient list that is correct, without any fancy 'fairy dust' to make it look more interesting. Oh, and testing for safety of course.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Oh and RESULTS, that's what I left out, results that can justify the price tag.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:52 am      Reply with quote
It's a real shame that we can't have 2 threads: one for those of us who want to review the products and report back on what results (if any) we're experiencing from them and then another thread for all of the arguing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favour of questions being asked and criticisms made, etc. But it would be great if it were done somewhere else so we didn't have to wade through pages of arguments in order to find out how other AA users are doing.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
It's a real shame that we can't have 2 threads: one for those of us who want to review the products and report back on what results (if any) we're experiencing from them and then another thread for all of the arguing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favour of questions being asked and criticisms made, etc. But it would be great if it were done somewhere else so we didn't have to wade through pages of arguments in order to find out how other AA users are doing.

I've gotten so used to the arguments on the thread that any posts about product results seem random and out of place.
havana8

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi All, we are opening this thread back up for discussion. If you wish to participate further, then please ensure your comments are civil and directly on topic without any animosity, inflammatory language or personal references as they are not welcome here. As always, if you find a comment objectionable, then as per the forum guidelines, please use the report feature rather than responding.

Please do not post any comments to the moderation itself. Thank you.
NanSam
5% products discount

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm the newbie and have no social standing around here, but would like to make a proposal. If you want to talk about another product, do it in that product thread. It just seems like the respectful thing to do, and maybe will prevent clashes. While a scientist myself, I still have a lot to learn about skin applications of stem cells. As a woman, I like chatting with other women about these things too. This forum seems to have a lot of thoughtful and sincere people. I would like to learn from you all as well. Can we agree on that? Will someone second my motion? -Nan
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:
I'm the newbie and have no social standing around here, but would like to make a proposal. If you want to talk about another product, do it in that product thread. It just seems like the respectful thing to do, and maybe will prevent clashes. While a scientist myself, I still have a lot to learn about skin applications of stem cells. As a woman, I like chatting with other women about these things too. This forum seems to have a lot of thoughtful and sincere people. I would like to learn from you all as well. Can we agree on that? Will someone second my motion? -Nan

Hi and welcome Nan. Nice to have you here. I'll second your motion. That is the way things are "supposed to work" anyway. Your posts are thoughtful and sincere too so I think you'll be a great new addition to the forum.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum NanSam, and we look forward to your input at EDS.

UPDATE for me: I've been using AnteAge for approximately 6 weeks. I can say that the serum (which is all I use) is a nice one. I like how it applies (it has a nice consistency) and it seems to absorb readily. The scent is decent - not offensive and not perfumed. For effects, I cannot claim a lot in that department for I believe that copper peptides have covered a lot of the same ground that the cytokines can in AnteAge, and I did not have a lot of correcting to do (no fine lines, wrinkles). I can say that it did help heal blemishes more rapidly than CPs, though not as thorough a job as CPs.

I have seen quite a few blemishes pop up on me this past month, but I'm not sure that AA is to blame on that since I also started using the Oil Cleansing Method about a week after initiating AA, and my monthly showed up after a few mo's absence. (I believe there is a 'purging' period w/ OCM- and certainly, hormones leave a few behind!). I am willing to finish using what I have left of AA to see if any additional benefits arise. Since I already saw quite a bit of firming and improvement with texture using CPs, I am not surprised that no additional (there's not much more needed) improvement has come about using AA. I could always use help in the 'sag' department, though. Rolling Eyes And I have always looked for some help in a couple areas that I damaged with the use of strong acids.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished my second bottle of serum. It only lasted 5 1/2 weeks but I was using it on my chest area every day for awhile.(along with my face)I have been using anywhere between 4 to 5 pumps on my face on nights when I used the ReAura laser and 3 pumps on my chest on those nights also. I also use 3 pumps on my face the morning after my laser treatment and 2 pumps on my chest. My first bottle lasted I think 7 1/2 weeks. I vary the amount on different days and nights(depending on my skin condition) but most of the time I'm down to one pump in the morning and one pump at night with the exception of laser usage nights and next morning.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:
I still have a lot to learn about skin applications of stem cells.

Me too.

I chose to use Anteage a few months ago because I was intrigued by the list of active ingredients in the serum and in the accelerator. I'm not a DIYer, so the 2 products had ingredients that I would have chosen to want to use.
The cytokine content was irrelevent.
I am naive when it comes to facial skin gadgets; never had any facial procedures, surgical or non-surgical; Have no facial wrinkles, eye wrinkles nor facial skin disorders. I like how AA keeps my skin in ph balance.
My goal was to NOT to have to use any other facial skin treatments and/or ingredients.
As a fellow anteage user (FAU?), over the past few months, I don't know what the cytokines do or don't do, done or haven't done.
But I better not get any wrinkles.
(though I noticed a teeny one on one side of my chin and another teeny one on the other side of my chin over the past week.
Now how is that possible if I'm using Anteage product ingredients with it's BRIGADE of CYTOKINES?)
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
majorb wrote:

I've gotten so used to the arguments on the thread that any posts about product results seem random and out of place.

I would love to have a thread where we could talk about the product and how it is (or is not) working for us. I'm sick to death of all the arguing.

Originally, I was very interested in learning more about the science behind the product and looked forward to the studies and commentary. At this point, however, I couldn't care less. This stuff could be shot out of a monkey's rump, and I wouldn't care. I have been drained of my will to care.

I would love for Dr. J to be able to participate and answer questions without folks just itchin' for a fight. I would love for reviews of the product to be the norm, not the exception. Brick wall

Would it help to start a new thread just for reviews and leave this one for people who want to discuss their scientific views?

BTW, I just ordered my second bottle of the serum. Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I like all discussion, the only time I don't like it is when people become offensive. But I don' t particularly find the raves or the moans that helpful. You can only find out if a product is for you by actually using it yoursrlf. Other people's experiences are often irrelevant. On the other hand discussions on which type of stem cells are most beneficial to everyone's skin aren't.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I don't believe people are "itchin for a fight" I just feel that for whatever reason people get offended by comments as if a personal attack was made against them. I find that very strange, indeed. In threads like this one there are going to be positive and negative reviews and comments. If that fact can't be accepted then there will be problems.
nuttymadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Im also very sick of the arguing

I originally joined to join a discussion thread where dr Ben was present but it seems he was scared off too... The only way I can receive answers to my questions from DRJ is on skincare boards via PM, I dont understand why people have to chase people away here because they have a different opinion... Its a good thing

5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I have been using AnteAGE for 5 days now. I find the serum + accelerator system to be very quick and simple which is good because I am always in a hurry in the mornings. The texture and smell is very pleasant. Feels good going on. What I have already noticed, to my surprise, is that my skin color is changing. I tend to have a blotchy redness and a tendency to flaking (occasional full blown eczema for which I sometimes have to take meds). I feel like my skin is calmer now than it has been in years, and my color has really “un-reddened”. My face is also much smoother, probably from being hydrated and nourished (even though I was using a moisturizer before). Anyway, so far so very nice. I will see Liz today and ask how she is doing.

My anti-aging learning quest has taken me to reading about wrinkles. Can anybody recommend a really good textbook or other resource? -Nan
NanSam
5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 am      Reply with quote
nuttymadam wrote:
Im also very sick of the arguing

I originally joined to join a discussion thread where dr Ben was present but it seems he was scared off too... The only way I can receive answers to my questions from DRJ is on skincare boards via PM, I dont understand why people have to chase people away here because they have a different opinion... Its a good thing

Hey nuttymadam I certainly cannot replace DrJ but if you have any basic questions about stem cells I work in the field (cell biochemistry) and would be happy to help where I can. I'm still learning about the skin science; where I work the focus is more internal organ regeneration. -Nan
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |