Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

- I would like more details on the promised loyalty program now...since I am planning on giving this a 3-6 month trial, I know I will need to repurchase and would like to do so BEFORE my other bottles run out. Since there is no way to tell product levels with airless pumps, that requires pre-planning on my part in order to avoid a week's break in usage.[/list]

Agree. Info now please!

Triple that Please!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

- I would like more details on the promised loyalty program now...since I am planning on giving this a 3-6 month trial, I know I will need to repurchase and would like to do so BEFORE my other bottles run out. Since there is no way to tell product levels with airless pumps, that requires pre-planning on my part in order to avoid a week's break in usage.[/list]

Agree. Info now please!

Triple that Please!

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

GOOD NEWS

Ours is a unique airless pump in that you can tell how much is left. Hold it up to the light. The outer chamber is SEMI-translucent, so you can see the shadow of the inner chamber. If you have used some of the product, you will see that the upper part is darker than the lower. The line between them shows you how much you have left compared to what you started with. When nearing empty, the line is very close to the silver cap. It works just like a gauge. Very cool.

BAD NEWS

Cannot tell you final numbers yet on the loyalty discount. Ask me again in a week.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
jom wrote:
I just thought I would report in on my progress after using the serum for three weeks. I really love this product and I think it has improved my under-eye area by plumping up some lines and I think my pores are smaller and redness diminished. It is a real pleasure to use this product. It is high quality stuff.

I have to agree with the line plumping comment. I noticed some line softening on my forehead and glabella near the end of my sample usage, and I noticed it again this morning after starting back up with the full size products Friday night (I am using both 2x day). Obviously it is hydration related, but I'll still take it!

I am using it on my face (including eyelids), neck, chest and the tops of my hands so I will be interested in how long it lasts (though I am using it sparingly). I do enjoy using the products, though ongoing usage will need to be based on results.

I was very impressed with the look of the packaging and even the shipping materials, but do have a few comments:
    - My full size accelerator leaked inside the box, which was very surprising/disappointing. I was able to clean it off, but it was yucky and wasteful. Sad
    - At this price point I would have liked to see an in-box product insert extolling the virtues of the 2 products and providing more detail on usage and clinicals (maybe in the future, since I know this is basically a startup)
    - I am not really clear on why the Accelerator has more 20ml product than the serum?
    - I would like more details on the promised loyalty program now...since I am planning on giving this a 3-6 month trial, I know I will need to repurchase and would like to do so BEFORE my other bottles run out. Since there is no way to tell product levels with airless pumps, that requires pre-planning on my part in order to avoid a week's break in usage.

Hi bethany. Thanks for the comments. Please see my other note (just above) about loyalty final numbers and using the light gauge to tell how much is left.

We had a problem with the manufacturer whereby a small % of accelerator container caps were not fully turned to the "off" position before final packaging. We will trade out at our expense any that arrive in an unsatisfactory condition (like yours). We want it to be perfect!!! Let customer service know if you would like to swap out.

Our estimates suggested that the serum and accelerator would last about the same time. Basically 6 pumps per day of accelerator vs 4 pumps for the serum. With the nozzle being slightly larger on the accelerator, it actually worked out pretty close to 5:3 (or 50:30). But the clinical trial (real world usage) showed us that despite the label instructions , people tended to experiment and find what felt best for them, for their skin. Some ran out of serum first, some accelerator. Of course, some used it on other areas than their face. "The accelerator works great on dry elbows". "The serum heals cuts and abrasions in record time." In the end we decided to sell them separately as well as in a bundle, so people could adapt their orders to individual patterns.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Recieved my AntiAGE serum & accelerator 2 days ago. Arrived intact...no leaking. Nice bottles and packaging! It took 15 days to arrive in The Great White North (Canada) Very Happy Looking forward to getting started but have to finish the LifeLine serum first.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
bethany wrote:
jom wrote:
I just thought I would report in on my progress after using the serum for three weeks. I really love this product and I think it has improved my under-eye area by plumping up some lines and I think my pores are smaller and redness diminished. It is a real pleasure to use this product. It is high quality stuff.

I have to agree with the line plumping comment. I noticed some line softening on my forehead and glabella near the end of my sample usage, and I noticed it again this morning after starting back up with the full size products Friday night (I am using both 2x day). Obviously it is hydration related, but I'll still take it!

I am using it on my face (including eyelids), neck, chest and the tops of my hands so I will be interested in how long it lasts (though I am using it sparingly). I do enjoy using the products, though ongoing usage will need to be based on results.

I was very impressed with the look of the packaging and even the shipping materials, but do have a few comments:
    - My full size accelerator leaked inside the box, which was very surprising/disappointing. I was able to clean it off, but it was yucky and wasteful. Sad
    - At this price point I would have liked to see an in-box product insert extolling the virtues of the 2 products and providing more detail on usage and clinicals (maybe in the future, since I know this is basically a startup)
    - I am not really clear on why the Accelerator has more 20ml product than the serum?
    - I would like more details on the promised loyalty program now...since I am planning on giving this a 3-6 month trial, I know I will need to repurchase and would like to do so BEFORE my other bottles run out. Since there is no way to tell product levels with airless pumps, that requires pre-planning on my part in order to avoid a week's break in usage.

Hi bethany. Thanks for the comments. Please see my other note (just above) about loyalty final numbers and using the light gauge to tell how much is left.

We had a problem with the manufacturer whereby a small % of accelerator container caps were not fully turned to the "off" position before final packaging. We will trade out at our expense any that arrive in an unsatisfactory condition (like yours). We want it to be perfect!!! Let customer service know if you would like to swap out.

Our estimates suggested that the serum and accelerator would last about the same time. Basically 6 pumps per day of accelerator vs 4 pumps for the serum. With the nozzle being slightly larger on the accelerator, it actually worked out pretty close to 5:3 (or 50:30). But the clinical trial (real world usage) showed us that despite the label instructions , people tended to experiment and find what felt best for them, for their skin. Some ran out of serum first, some accelerator. Of course, some used it on other areas than their face. "The accelerator works great on dry elbows". "The serum heals cuts and abrasions in record time." In the end we decided to sell them separately as well as in a bundle, so people could adapt their orders to individual patterns.

Dr. J, thanks for the info above.

The leaking Accelerator bottle is not enough for me to worry about (as in require me to take a trip to the post office), though I appreciate the goal of perfection and the great customer service.

I already did the light check on the bottles, and love the fact that I can see the remaining product levels.

I will hopefully be scheduling a VISIA analysis for later this week, and will keep everyone posted as things progress. I am enjoying the products thus far, and look forward to seeing if/how the stats change over a 3 to 6 month period (I plan on doing checks at both points).

However, I will state up front that I will NOT be using only the AnteAGE products, as I am not willing to put my personal skin goals on the backburner (and there is no incentive for me to do so). At this point I anticipate also using Retin A 1 to 2 times a week, as well as using the Nia24 Depigmentation Serum and Pen since I have a few PIH spots I need to get rid of, as well as keep my diffuse cheek melasma in check. Plus my Safetox, of course. We'll see how things look at the end of the hot Florida summer! Smile

PS....I just took a ton of pics tonight, and will share before and after pics at a later point.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Great news Jom, I would be happy with that too. Are you using other products as well? I think you might have posted that somewhere but I can't find it. TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
jom wrote:

Great news Jom, I would be happy with that too. Are you using other products as well? I think you might have posted that somewhere but I can't find it. TIA

Hi Frodo, I am still using Retin A at night. Then during the day I use my Skinceuticals C E Ferulic (I know Dr. J would not approve) then the AnteAGE serum and then sometimes a light moisturizer then sunscreen. The only thing that I have been using that is new is the AnteAGE serum, which I find to be quite hydrating on its own so I don't always need a moisturizer. I'm really very impressed by the serum and think it has made a difference in the way my skin looks. It wasn't too bad to begin with but I think it is even better now. Have you started using the products yet?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Hello brierrose.....I live in Canada too. Did you have to pay and customs duty and taxes?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Frodo wrote:
jom wrote:

Hi Frodo, I am still using Retin A at night. Then during the day I use my Skinceuticals C E Ferulic (I know Dr. J would not approve) then the AnteAGE serum and then sometimes a light moisturizer then sunscreen. The only thing that I have been using that is new is the AnteAGE serum, which I find to be quite hydrating on its own so I don't always need a moisturizer. I'm really very impressed by the serum and think it has made a difference in the way my skin looks. It wasn't too bad to begin with but I think it is even better now. Have you started using the products yet?

DrJ encourages experimentation. Results are what counts, not purity of protocol. On the CEF do remember that you are putting an acid on your skin pH=3 when it leaves the mixing room, by the time it hits your skin maybe pH=4-5. (Anybody out there with some commercial CEF and a pH meter?). Now your skin is pretty good at buffering, but takes a few minutes. Ferulic acid is itself very unstable and will quickly buffer out. Body heat alone may be enough. But I would advise waiting a few minutes between CEF and AnteAGE to prevent the residual intact CEF from buffering by grabbing actives to make salts.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 8:15 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

DrJ encourages experimentation. Results are what counts, not purity of protocol.

But, if one is doing all this experimentation, how do we know what product/s is/are working?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
Frodo wrote:
jom wrote:

DrJ encourages experimentation. Results are what counts, not purity of protocol. On the CEF do remember that you are putting an acid on your skin pH=3 when it leaves the mixing room, by the time it hits your skin maybe pH=4-5. (Anybody out there with some commercial CEF and a pH meter?). Now your skin is pretty good at buffering, but takes a few minutes. Ferulic acid is itself very unstable and will quickly buffer out. Body heat alone may be enough. But I would advise waiting a few minutes between CEF and AnteAGE to prevent the residual intact CEF from buffering by grabbing actives to make salts.

Thanks for this. I used the samples of AnteAGE and really liked it, but there are two other products that have given me long term results and didnt want to give them up - my DIY L-AA serum and Retin A. I think with the wait time on the c serum, that'll work for me.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:18 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DrJ wrote:

DrJ encourages experimentation. Results are what counts, not purity of protocol.

But, if one is doing all this experimentation, how do we know what product/s is/are working?

Good question. You do sacrifice the satisfaction of knowing which exact parts of the whole are working. If you are already using these other products, then you might expect the difference (incremental improvement) to be your gain.

I suppose I would prefer that everyone just use AnteAGE alone (well, add sunscreen of course) so they could be more certain - but the reality is people get very attached to what they think has worked in the past. Not willing to "give it up" (maybe even fearful?). On the other hand, I also tend to trust people to know their own skin better than I do. Especially the folks on this forum.

Maybe I should restate my stance on experimentation. If you are not ready to give up your favorite highly focused products (like retin-A, or CEF) then you can keep that going with a few adjustments. Or you can take the leap of faith and do a pure AnteAGE trial. Keep in mind that AnteAGE also contains C, E and retinoids. Now if you told me you wanted to use it along with Renovage or something whacky , I might be less inclined to bless that experiment.

Does that help??
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I have used the two products exclusively since I received them (full size), however I will add back my Retin A and C serum, I am planning on rolling and I have faith in the protocol of Dr. Fernandez and those who followed that way before I decided it was time to throw rolling into my mix! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Good question. You do sacrifice the satisfaction of knowing which exact parts of the whole are working. If you are already using these other products, then you might expect the difference (incremental improvement) to be your gain.

I suppose I would prefer that everyone just use AnteAGE alone (well, add sunscreen of course) so they could be more certain - but the reality is people get very attached to what they think has worked in the past. Not willing to "give it up" (maybe even fearful?). On the other hand, I also tend to trust people to know their own skin better than I do. Especially the folks on this forum.

Maybe I should restate my stance on experimentation. If you are not ready to give up your favorite highly focused products (like retin-A, or CEF) then you can keep that going with a few adjustments. Or you can take the leap of faith and do a pure AnteAGE trial. Keep in mind that AnteAGE also contains C, E and retinoids. Now if you told me you wanted to use it along with Renovage or something whacky , I might be less inclined to bless that experiment.

Does that help??

Yes that does help, and it makes me feel better to be honest with you. I was a little worried with your previous statement. Well, I have taken the leap of faith, so here's hoping AnteAGE doesn't let me down (and maybe even lifts me up! Laughing)
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:37 am      Reply with quote
It's been over a week (closer to 10 days) since I place an order for samples. How long did it take everyone to receive their samples?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:43 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
It's been over a week (closer to 10 days) since I place an order for samples. How long did it take everyone to receive their samples?

No reflection on Cellese, I actually got my full sized products a few days before the samples arrived! Laughing

ETA: The full size are sent priority mail, not so with samples.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 10:52 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

It took my samples 9 days to arrive.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 10:55 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
foxe wrote:

It took my samples 9 days to arrive.

I am wondering if the delay has to do with Cellese fixing the issue some had with leakage on the samples?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
Frodo wrote:
jom wrote:

Thanks Dr. J, I do usually wait at least five minutes if not more after applying the CEF to apply the AnteAGE. I think I can tell I am getting results from the AnteAGE serum because it is the only new product I have added into the mix and I think my skin looks better since I started using it.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 11:49 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I have used the two products exclusively since I received them (full size), however I will add back my Retin A and C serum, I am planning on rolling and I have faith in the protocol of Dr. Fernandez and those who followed that way before I decided it was time to throw rolling into my mix! Very Happy

Thanks for bringing this up, DM. I really think rolling & AnteAGE are going to be wonderfully complimentary. Think about it - damaging your skin (to induce healing) but then adding something tuned to healing more quickly, and more importantly the right way (i.e. not relying on your aging stem cell repair system alone; but rather supplementing it to a more youthful functional level in the way nature designed).

So, this is different. Not like Vits C, E, A (already in AnteAGE). We think that any procedure (rolling., laser, lift, etc) should be accompanied by AnteAGE (during healing & then for maintenance).

I vote that it should be the new standard of care!
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 11:52 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Are you in the US, foxe? It's only been 2-5 days in the US from feedback we have gotten. Longer (10 days) for Canada & AU. Send me a PM (with a name) so I can ask staff to look up your order.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 11:56 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Thanks for bringing this up, DM. I really think rolling & AnteAGE are going to be wonderfully complimentary. Think about it - damaging your skin (to induce healing) but then adding something tuned to healing more quickly, and more importantly the right way (i.e. not relying on your aging stem cell repair system alone; but rather supplementing it to a more youthful functional level in the way nature designed).

So, this is different. Not like Vits C, E, A (already in AnteAGE). We think that any procedure (rolling., laser, lift, etc) should be accompanied by AnteAGE (during healing & then for maintenance).

My plan is to use the .5mm with AnteAge after and the A,C,E immediately after the 1mm roll and then apply the AnteAge a wee tad later?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

My plan is to use the .5mm with AnteAge after and the A,C,E immediately after the 1mm roll and then apply the AnteAge a wee tad later?

OK, let's get back to the wisdom of Dr.F (who as far as we know hasn't yet been educated about stem cytokines). I will refer to his 2008 paper in Clinics in Dermatology; I cannot link to the complete published paper because it is copyright restricted. I cane cite key excerpts (in quotes).

First, he emphases preparing the skin prior to rolling "Photoaged skin needs to be turned into healthier, functionally younger skin before PCI". Hmmm. Sounds like a job for AnteAGE to me (DrF says say to prep for 3 wks. to 3 mos.). Now, Dr.F recommends VitA and C, but lets look at why he does. He states: "...to facilitate rapid healing of the skin". and "to encourage the release of TGFbeta-3". Now while we are believers in VitA and C (they are in the AnteAGE Accelerator) we can state unequivocally that healing in general, and cytokine directed healing in particular (TGFbeta3>>TGFbeta1&2) is an order of magnitude better with AnteAGE. TGFB-3 IS A CYTOKINE. We directly stimulate, control & measure the cytokines as they are manufactured by the cells famous for making healing cytokines.

Post rolling Dr.F recommends using Vit A or VitC "or oils" "...to promote better healing". He adds: "the addition of palmitoyl pentapeptide could possibly ensure even better results". In my mind this means 1. he is looking to decrease acute phase inflammation using oils as emollients, and 2. he seek to promote healing response with peptides (synthetic cytokines). I cannot help thinking that DrF would be very excited to learn about stem cytokines. I need to write him a letter.

So, for these reasons, I think that AnteAGE is the best choice 1. to prep the skin for rolling, and 2. as a post procedure synergistic strategy to assure that healing is promoted in the right direction (non-scarring, youthful type).

My recommendation: AnteAGE serum + Accelerator 8-12 weeks before, AnteAGE serum applied more frequently & liberally in the immediate post roll period, then continue AnteAGE serum + accelerator as before. Of course, I am biased, don't bother to mention. But, I have tried to lay out my logic for you clearly in light of DrF's theories. I think they dovetail very nicely.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Well then maybe I will combine both Dr. Fernandes and Dr. J's ideas of the best protocol for rolling.(best of both worlds?)
I am not planning on giving up on the AnteAge assuming the loyalty program allows! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Well then maybe I will combine both Dr. Fernandes and Dr. J's ideas of the best protocol for rolling.(best of both worlds?)
I am not planning on giving up on the AnteAge assuming the loyalty program allows! Very Happy

Make sure yous use the forms of C, E, A (to supplement that in AnteAGE) least likely to inflame. No ferulic acid, OK? Like putting vinegar & salt on a fresh would.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |