Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 7:53 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
summer2004 wrote:
Dr. J,

What might my skin look like if I stop using your products after seeing huge improvement, say 1 year of nightly use and then I broke? Smile

I know everyone is aging every second, can I maintain the good skin just using anti-oxidants, Retin-A & sunscreen everyday?

an excellent question. I don't suppose that aspect has been tested. I could volunteer to be the lab rat if DrJ would like to send me a years supply.
Makes puppy dog eyes at DrJ.

Great question, no easy or simple answer. We have not yet had anyone using for a year. In theory, you would just go back to your own natural ability to mobilize cytokines for repair, but miss the extra amounts for rejuvenation. As you cleverly anticipated though, you will have aged a year and therefore will have less ability to make natural ones. You will have more & healthier collagen & elastin bundles than you otherwise would have, so having the clock stopped for a time will have helped, certainly. But the aging process itself will resume. Your own mesenchymal stem cell population will decline. There is not yet a permanent cure for aging skin, or for aging, period. In the stem cell arena, and mitochondrial cell biology, we are working on some interesting new ideas, though. We may get there. Just not real soon. Meanwhile, like Captain Hook, there is that haunting tick-tock sound trailing us wherever we go.
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Can I use obagi clear fx( the one contain arbutin) with anteage serum? Do I need to apply this before serum or after. I recently order serrum. Since I have melasma I need something for my pigmentation I am not sure if serum by itself be able to help fade my melasma Ant thought on Dr. J . And also can I use arbutin containing product while breast feeding or it is no no as hydroquinone? I really need to get rid of my melasma can you please create a product for melasma pls? Thank you by the way I order sample and it leaked just the serum I was not even able to use even for one day anyway I order full size today I think will receive it in 2 weeks since I am in Canada . Thanks
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 am      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:
Can I use obagi clear fx( the one contain arbutin) with anteage serum? Do I need to apply this before serum or after. I recently order serrum. Since I have melasma I need something for my pigmentation I am not sure if serum by itself be able to help fade my melasma Ant thought on Dr. J . And also can I use arbutin containing product while breast feeding or it is no no as hydroquinone? I really need to get rid of my melasma can you please create a product for melasma pls? Thank you by the way I order sample and it leaked just the serum I was not even able to use even for one day anyway I order full size today I think will receive it in 2 weeks since I am in Canada . Thanks

Yes, you can use AnteAGE along with arbutin. After better. We had considered adding it at one point to the accelerator. Nobody has data on HQ & breast milk, so the usual caution is don't (until the data comes along). AnteAGE does contain ingredients that help with melasma, and we are considering a separate higher potency product for that. Sorry about those samples - we are switching to new containers. What city? I'll ask CS if there is any way to put a rocket on your order.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

Too late, you just wish you had thought of it first. I have a very special relationship with DrJ. She hasn't told me off once. Very Happy

LOL. I do wish I had thought of it! As usual, a day late and a dollar short! Laughing
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
loopylori wrote:

Too late, you just wish you had thought of it first. I have a very special relationship with DrJ. She hasn't told me off once. Very Happy

LOL. I do wish I had thought of it! As usual, a day late and a dollar short! Laughing

Even better would be the one who hasn't told DrJ off at least once! Really small club. Bad Grin
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
loopylori wrote:

Even better would be the one who hasn't told DrJ off at least once! Really small club. Bad Grin

Then post that small list some of us know we are off of it already! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ might AnteAGE be of any use in skin that has thinned from chronic use of topical corticosteroids? Not for myself but it crops up on forums every so often.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Yes, you can use AnteAGE along with arbutin. After better. We had considered adding it at one point to the accelerator. Nobody has data on HQ & breast milk, so the usual caution is don't (until the data comes along). AnteAGE does contain ingredients that help with melasma, and we are considering a separate higher potency product for that. Sorry about those samples - we are switching to new containers. What city? I'll ask CS if there is any way to put a rocket on your order.

Thank you . I am so glad you are working on melasma product . If your product work for melasma you gonna be multi billionaire . Because this is getting quite common and annoying . I am in surrey bc Canada .
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
DrJ might AnteAGE be of any use in skin that has thinned from chronic use of topical corticosteroids? Not for myself but it crops up on forums every so often.

Thanks for asking. Corticosteroids cause collagen to break down, not build up. result - thin, fragile skin. Stem cytokines (on the other hand) are anti-inflammatory (like corticosteroids) but build collagen up. Plus many other ingredients help that too.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Question: Is this DrJ of Anteage the same DrJ of DrJ Skin Clinic products sold online?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Question: Is this DrJ of Anteage the same DrJ of DrJ Skin Clinic products sold online?

no, no, no. I don't think those are real doctors over there.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Kath91 wrote:

no, no, no. I don't think those are real doctors over there.

No doctors I can find affiliated with that site snooping as I am known to do! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
More little pimples today...mow on my chin. This is perplexing because I usually only have periodic horrid hormonal acne around my mouth, and that is very seldom as well. Confused

I am going to give the Accelerator another week...if this continues, I'll switch to only using the serum.

Btw, I checked my product levels, and I am FLYING through the serum. Shock I am going to have to cut back to once a day in order to make the bottle last a month. (I was doing my face, neck and chest 2x day). I sure hope they get that loyalty program in place soon if they expect me to repurchase! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Question: I recall that somewhere in this thread Dr J utilized an analogy of tiny facial wrinkles as being comparable to paper cuts on the skin and Anteage serum could help 'heal' these paper cuts. Somewhere later-or-earlier in the thread he stated that "photoaging is inflammatory and the older you get the more you respond to inflammatory damages w/ fibrosis. Fibrosis means scarring. Scarring is confluential fibrosis that obliterates the architecture of the underlying organ or tissue. In the skin we call this a wrinkle."
So, if the Anteage serum heals 'paper cuts' and scarring, wouldn't a few months of usage give users "baby-butt' faces?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
More little pimples today...mow on my chin. This is perplexing because I usually only have periodic horrid hormonal acne around my mouth, and that is very seldom as well. Confused

I am going to give the Accelerator another week...if this continues, I'll switch to only using the serum.

Btw, I checked my product levels, and I am FLYING through the serum. Shock I am going to have to cut back to once a day in order to make the bottle last a month. (I was doing my face, neck and chest 2x day). I sure hope they get that loyalty program in place soon if they expect me to repurchase! Very Happy

Throw your vote on the Loyalty/Discount in on this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=25

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Maybe you could just use the accelerator on your neck and chest area. It still has the cytokines in it (I think just not as much) and the bottles is much bigger so you wouldn't go though it quite as fast.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Question: I recall that somewhere in this thread Dr J utilized an analogy of tiny facial wrinkles as being comparable to paper cuts on the skin and Anteage serum could help 'heal' these paper cuts. Somewhere later-or-earlier in the thread he stated that "photoaging is inflammatory and the older you get the more you respond to inflammatory damages w/ fibrosis. Fibrosis means scarring. Scarring is confluential fibrosis that obliterates the architecture of the underlying organ or tissue. In the skin we call this a wrinkle."
So, if the Anteage serum heals 'paper cuts' and scarring, wouldn't a few months of usage give users "baby-butt' faces?

I'm not sure that matters, considering that AnteAGE gives you pruny chicken skin. But I think it would all hinge on your age, how much underlying damage your skin has, your diet, if you drink or smoke, etc.

Can I ask why you continue to be so interested in a product that you have complained about repeatedly?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:

Maybe you could just use the accelerator on your neck and chest area. It still has the cytokines in it (I think just not as much) and the bottles is much bigger so you wouldn't go though it quite as fast.

Cookie, that is a great idea!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
bethany wrote:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=25

I already did.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
bethany wrote:

I already did.

I am glad you did Bethany, hopefully others will also! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:

You use such colorful descriptions. Baby butt soft, yes. But not exactly like a baby butt w/ crack and all. Takes more than a few months if you have been inhabiting this planet for 40 or more years.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:

Cookie, that is a great idea!

Yeah, the skin surface area you are covering is about twice as much as face alone. Agree, just the accelerator except on face.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
bethany wrote:

I already did.

I am glad you did Bethany, hopefully others will also! Very Happy

Are they white? Could they be milia? http://www.skinsight.com/adult/milia.htm

Could also be hormonal "awakening" in the dermis. Have seen this, and it is in some ways a good sign. It always goes away on its own, and it usually ushers in a brightening phase. Almost like "glow of pregnancy". You can cut back a tad on the accelerator if it persists. Try a good defoliating scrub if you think it looks like milia. They form when you increase skin turnover (but rather than shedding old cells, they get trapped on the surface).
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Pruny chicken skin, to use perhaps Dr.J's terminology, "architectural defects in the skin's matrix compartment" was a revelation of skin reaction to Anteage I posted only once, and openly clarified only once, and I believe, does not constitute repeatedly complaining about the product per se.
Question: Did the clinical studies for Anteage that were performed on subjects for a period of time include screening them for their age, skin type, diet, sun exposure, products they've used before, if they drank, smoked etc. in order to ascertain Anteage's potential effectiveness?

BTW, my papercuts heal naturally in 2-3 days.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Pruny chicken skin, to use perhaps Dr.J's terminology, "architectural defects in the skin's matrix compartment" was a revelation of skin reaction to Anteage I posted only once, and openly clarified only once, and I believe, does not constitute repeatedly complaining about the product per se.
Question: Did the clinical studies for Anteage that were performed on subjects for a period of time include screening them for their age, skin type, diet, sun exposure, products they've used before, if they drank, smoked etc. in order to ascertain Anteage's potential effectiveness?

BTW, my papercuts heal naturally in 2-3 days.

Kath, I still think you should try the AnteAGE again just at night so the chicken skin isn't noticeable to others and then see how your skin looks in the morning. Maybe your skin just needs to get used to the products and after a few nights of use you won't have the chicken skin.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |