Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Firefox7275 wrote:
DrJ might AnteAGE be of any use in skin that has thinned from chronic use of topical corticosteroids? Not for myself but it crops up on forums every so often.

Thanks for asking. Corticosteroids cause collagen to break down, not build up. result - thin, fragile skin. Stem cytokines (on the other hand) are anti-inflammatory (like corticosteroids) but build collagen up. Plus many other ingredients help that too.

And have did you have anyone with thinner skin - perhaps of more advanced years - in your trials? If so did their skin appear thicker and more resilient or is it too early for that sort of result? I appreciate even Retin-A takes many months to really make an impact on the skin.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Kath91
Quote:
Two weeks ago tried the Anteage samples of night serum and day moisturizer for the 1st time.

Considering that chicken skin is probably not the look you are going for..
Solution:
Discontinue use and be done with it.

Discussion:
The rare individual has reported spontaneous eruption of the rare chicken skin disorder. However it was not full blown, albeit the case is potentially full of something. Feathers have not erupted from the enlarged pores. Case study continues to complain about the horror of chicken skin while continuing to use the serum. Logic would dictate otherwise.

Conclusion: The serum is extremely active.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
DrJ wrote:
Firefox7275 wrote:
DrJ might AnteAGE be of any use in skin that has thinned from chronic use of topical corticosteroids? Not for myself but it crops up on forums every so often.

Thanks for asking. Corticosteroids cause collagen to break down, not build up. result - thin, fragile skin. Stem cytokines (on the other hand) are anti-inflammatory (like corticosteroids) but build collagen up. Plus many other ingredients help that too.

And have did you have anyone with thinner skin - perhaps of more advanced years - in your trials? If so did their skin appear thicker and more resilient or is it too early for that sort of result? I appreciate even Retin-A takes many months to really make an impact on the skin.

Yes indeed. One of the results that exceeded expectations was the degree to which those with thinner skin (e.g. postmenopausal women) would have an appearance transformation. You see it most in the cheeks. They often go from being flat to round. The added volume really helps to reduce "perceived age".
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 8:10 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Yes indeed. One of the results that exceeded expectations was the degree to which those with thinner skin (e.g. postmenopausal women) would have an appearance transformation. You see it most in the cheeks. They often go from being flat to round. The added volume really helps to reduce "perceived age".

That sounds excellent! Whilst not yet menopausal, I can't be too far away from it since I'm 45. I already have thin skin (I think this can tend to be the case with pale complexions), possibly made worse due to medication.

If Ante Age helps to improve the thickness of my skin, then I'll be your best friend for life, Dr J! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 8:18 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
DrJ wrote:

That sounds excellent! Whilst not yet menopausal, I can't be too far away from it since I'm 45. I already have thin skin (I think this can tend to be the case with pale complexions), possibly made worse due to medication.

If Ante Age helps to improve the thickness of my skin, then I'll be your best friend for life, Dr J! Laughing

Be careful majorb, loopy already laid claim to Dr. J! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Dr.J.....that's very impressive about the return of volume to the cheeks. Are there any results regarding reduction of wrinkles?

Bethany....is there any easing up of the dry skin? I'm sorry to hear about your skin breaking out. I really hope it clears up. Do you have any idea what is causing it?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Bethany....is there any easing up of the dry skin? I'm sorry to hear about your skin breaking out. I really hope it clears up. Do you have any idea what is causing it?

The dry skin issue is gone! I have started adding either tamanu oil or Skinactives ELS over the AnteAGE products, and it made a huge difference.

I am not sure if the Acclerator is causing the little pimples, or if maybe the Cure product either caused them or brought them to the surface. Since they are small they are fairly tolerable, so hopefully they will just go away and not invite any more of their friends! Very Happy They showed up in 2 waves, so let's hope a 3rd wave is a no show.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

The dry skin issue is gone! I have started adding either tamanu oil or Skinactives ELS over the AnteAGE products, and it made a huge difference.

I am not sure if the Acclerator is causing the little pimples, or if maybe the Cure product either caused them or brought them to the surface. Since they are small they are fairly tolerable, so hopefully they will just go away and not invite any more of their friends! Very Happy They showed up in 2 waves, so let's hope a 3rd wave is a no show.

I jinxed myself, sigh. Wave 3 showed up this afternoon!

I am going to increase my Retin A to 2x a week, and stop using the Accelerator on my face as previously discussed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Firefox7275 wrote:
DrJ wrote:
Firefox7275 wrote:

Thank you. It will be interesting to see if that is replicated in anyone from EDS. IMO it would also be interesting to see the effects on those with corticosteroid-induced thinning - perhaps from the skin lightening community.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Considering that chicken skin is probably not the look you are going for..
Solution:
Discontinue use and be done with it.

Discussion:
The rare individual has reported spontaneous eruption of the rare chicken skin disorder. However it was not full blown, albeit the case is potentially full of something. Feathers have not erupted from the enlarged pores. Case study continues to complain about the horror of chicken skin while continuing to use the serum. Logic would dictate otherwise.

Conclusion: The serum is extremely active.

Not sure why you're making fun of "chicken skin". The little bumps that show up all over the skin making it look like that of a chicken is quite a common complaint - and is as equally annoying as any other of the myriad of skin issues which we are all dealing with. I have it under my eyes and on my neck. Keratosis Pilaris is often referred to as chicken skin but I don't think that is what I have. I think mine has just been caused by sun damage. I do know that it is different to milia.

Anyway, your snide remarks about feathers appearing is not appreciated - but if I start to cluck I'll let you know!

Quote:
Keratosis Pilaris Treatment: Easy Home Remedies

While it is not a dangerous condition to suffer from, many people who have it on their face will be self conscious about it. It may look like acne and if you are in early or mid teens, you will be in the company of others who seem to have the same complaint. It manifests itself as small red bumps but it can be treated differently from acne. The easiest way to tell if it is acne or not is by the look of the skin. Keratosis Pilaris has the bumps under the skin rather than on top and does not have anything that may leak out. It has unkindly also been referred to as chicken skin and while that can be hurtful, it does resemble the small mounds that appear on the skin of a freshly plucked chicken.
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/15197/1/Keratosis-Pilaris-Treatment-Easy-Home-Remedies.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone tried rolling the AnteAGE serum in yet? Dermarolling, that is...Laughing

How did it go? Any irritation?

I'm thinking of trying it this weekend with my little 0.5mm roller.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

I have rolled about 4 times with a 0.2 roller just for product penetration. I had no problems with irritation. Product soaked in well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu: Am appreciative Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Not sure why you're making fun of "chicken skin". The little bumps that show up all over the skin making it look like that of a chicken is quite a common complaint - and is as equally annoying as any other of the myriad of skin issues which we are all dealing with. I have it under my eyes and on my neck. Keratosis Pilaris is often referred to as chicken skin but I don't think that is what I have. I think mine has just been caused by sun damage. I do know that it is different to milia.

Anyway, your snide remarks about feathers appearing is not appreciated - but if I start to cluck I'll let you know!

Quote:
Keratosis Pilaris Treatment: Easy Home Remedies

While it is not a dangerous condition to suffer from, many people who have it on their face will be self conscious about it. It may look like acne and if you are in early or mid teens, you will be in the company of others who seem to have the same complaint. It manifests itself as small red bumps but it can be treated differently from acne. The easiest way to tell if it is acne or not is by the look of the skin. Keratosis Pilaris has the bumps under the skin rather than on top and does not have anything that may leak out. It has unkindly also been referred to as chicken skin and while that can be hurtful, it does resemble the small mounds that appear on the skin of a freshly plucked chicken.
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/15197/1/Keratosis-Pilaris-Treatment-Easy-Home-Remedies.html

Keliu, have you experienced chicken skin appearing right after you applied a product? What you are describing does not sound at all like Kath91 experienced. But I totally understand about KP...I often get it on the backs of my arms, and have to use Retin A there to keep it in check.

Kath91 wrote:
Two weeks ago tried the Anteage samples of night serum and day moisturizer for the 1st time. (Previously,I had unsuccessfully been experimenting with all kinds of face stuff over the years. But mainly my regimen subsisted of wash face in AM, do eyes, put on foundation, blush, lipstick, hair and done. Over the years have primarily used Este Lauder products, Night Serum, etc. I did alot of things wrong (or wrong time/combinations: used lavender stuff, NIA24, alpha-hydroxy, retinol..Anyway...I never knew what I was doing! I was ust going by what felt good on my face. Unfortunately,I can't wear Sunscreen because it dries my skin...) To repeat, I used the Anteage night and day for the first time and was horrified how my facial skin pruned up and turned to chicken skin. I slathered on any moisturizer cream I had, but it was still horrible. I ordered a sample of Lifeline night serum. Now, I use the Lifeline night serum, Estee Lauder Hydrationist over it and follow with Anteage Day stuff. Best I can do at night. In the AM, just do my regular wash face, make-up. Waiting for the Anteage magic skin repair.

I also feel badly that Kath91 has had a number of skin issues, and hopefully she can get those resolved with some professional guidance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
This is about "physiological regeneration". This is related to what we do. We just take it backward in terms of life stages, and we rely on reparative mechanisms which really are the same as regenerative in adults.

Could the Ways in Which Animals Regenerate Hair and Feathers Lead to Clues for Restoring Human Fingers and Toes?

Review article about the state of regenerative biology published in current edition of Physiology

Bethesda, Md. (May 10, 2012)—This summer’s action film, “The Amazing Spider-Man™,” is another match-up between the superhero and his nemesis the Lizard. Moviegoers and comic book fans alike will recall that the villain, AKA Dr. Curt Connors, was a surgeon who, after losing an arm, experimented with cell generation and reptilian DNA and was eventually able to grow back his missing limb. The latest issue of the journal Physiology contains a review article that looks at possible routes that unlock cellular regeneration in general, and the principles by which hair and feathers regenerate themselves in particular. The authors apply what is currently known about regenerative biology to the emerging field of regenerative medicine, which is being transformed from fantasy to reality.

While the concept of regenerative medicine is relatively new, animals are well known to remake their hair and feathers regularly by normal regenerative physiological processes. In their review, the authors focus on (1) how extrafollicular environments can regulate hair and feather stem cell activities and (2) how different configurations of stem cells can shape organ forms in different body regions to fulfill changing physiological needs.

The review outlines previous research on the role of normal regeneration of hair and feathers throughout the lifespan of various birds and mammals. The researchers include what is currently known about the mechanism behind this re-growth, as well as what gaps still exist in the knowledge base and remain ripe for future research.

The review examines dozens of papers on normal “physiological regeneration”—the re-growth that happens over the course of an animal’s life and not in response to an injury. This regeneration takes place to accommodate different stages in an animal’s life (e.g., replacing downy chick feathers with an adult chicken’s, or replacing the fine facial hair of a young boy with the budding beard of an adolescent), or in response to various environmental conditions (e.g., cats shedding a thick winter coat in the summer heat but re-growing it when the seasons change again, or snowshoe hares switching from brown in the summer to white in the winter for camouflage). These changes seem to respond both to internal cues such as physiology of the hair follicle itself, or external cues such as the environment, but the mechanisms behind these normal alterations are largely unknown. Stem cells inside the follicle prompt hair and feather regeneration, but researchers are still unsure how to guide those cells to form the shape, size, and orientation of these “skin appendages” so that controlled re-growth is possible. Additionally, scientists are still unsure how to re-grow hair on skin in people after severe injuries that lead to scar tissue.

Importance of the Findings

The reviewed studies suggest that while researchers are making headway in understanding how and why hair and feathers regenerate after normal loss or in response to different life stages, much still remains unknown. This missing knowledge could hold valuable clues to learning how to regenerate much more complicated and valuable structures after loss to injury, such as fingers and toes.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well, the feathers aspect certainly was timely, lol. Thanks for sharing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
The reviewed studies suggest that while researchers are making headway in understanding how and why hair and feathers regenerate after normal loss or in response to different life stages, much still remains unknown. This missing knowledge could hold valuable clues to learning how to regenerate much more complicated and valuable structures after loss to injury, such as fingers and toes.

A doctor was on the radio yesterday discussing this very topic - growing new limbs. Apparently there has been some ground breaking research going on - mainly by researching certain animals (is it lizards?) which can do this. Unfortunately, I only caught the last bit of the interview so don't know the whole story.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

I have rolled about 4 times with a 0.2 roller just for product penetration. I had no problems with irritation. Product soaked in well.

As much as I detest rolling, I am going to start doing so under my eyes with a .25mm since I am forced to cut back to 1x day application. Hopefully that will help me get the biggest bang for my buck!

Cookie, what brand roller are you using that is only .2mm?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Keliu, have you experienced chicken skin appearing right after you applied a product? What you are describing does not sound at all like Kath91 experienced. But I totally understand about KP...I often get it on the backs of my arms, and have to use Retin A there to keep it in check.

No never, but then I can never quite believe the reactions that some people get to the most mundane things. Kath's description of chicken skin probably isn't KP - but I know myself that I'm very prone to "bumpy" skin from certain serums - it's why I prefer watery serums and oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

As much as I detest rolling, I am going to start doing so under my eyes with a .25mm since I am forced to cut back to 1x day application. Hopefully that will help me get the biggest bang for my buck!

Hi Bethany
I'm not sure the brand. I got it online at skinmedix

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

Hi Bethany

Hi Cookie,

Is this the one?

Brand: Micro Needle Rollers

Micro Needle Roller 0.2mm

http://www.skinmedix.com/products/Micro-Needle-Roller-0.2mm.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Are the serum and accelerator increasing subcutaneous fat? Just the skin thickening alone is causing this transformation? It seems incredible that the serum and accelerator could help add noticeable volume to the cheeks. JMHO.
Sunshinetreasure
5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2012 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I am loving this product. I will need to reorder next week. Is the loyalty program going to be in place soon?
Tina
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 5:47 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

Hi Bethany

Hi Cookie,

Is this the one?

Brand: Micro Needle Rollers

Micro Needle Roller 0.2mm

http://www.skinmedix.com/products/Micro-Needle-Roller-0.2mm.html

Yes, Dark Moon that's the one. Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Bethany for your reply.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

I'm hesitating whether or not to purchase the Accelerator. I have such sensitive skin!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |