Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 5:52 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:
Anyone tried rolling the AnteAGE serum in yet? Dermarolling, that is...Laughing

How did it go? Any irritation?

I'm thinking of trying it this weekend with my little 0.5mm roller.

I have rolled about 4 times with a 0.2 roller just for product penetration. I had no problems with irritation. Product soaked in well.

As much as I detest rolling, I am going to start doing so under my eyes with a .25mm since I am forced to cut back to 1x day application. Hopefully that will help me get the biggest bang for my buck!

Cookie, what brand roller are you using that is only .2mm?

Hi Bethany
I'm not sure the brand. I got it online at skinmedix

Hi Cookie,

Is this the one?

Brand: Micro Needle Rollers

Micro Needle Roller 0.2mm

http://www.skinmedix.com/products/Micro-Needle-Roller-0.2mm.html

Yes, Dark Moon that's the one. Thanks

Thanks for posting about it Cookie, I may just have to add that to my wish list!

It appears to be very well made, and I trust skinmedix. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 5:55 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Thank you, Bethany for your reply.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

I'm hesitating whether or not to purchase the Accelerator. I have such sensitive skin!!

Can you still order samples and try before you buy leelee? That would be great to see if it agrees with your skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Dark Moon, I think I will do that. I know many of you have said that the accelerator is moisturizing, but I think Bethany has sensitive skin like I do so I'm taking careful note of her results. I'll refrain from buying the full size at the moment.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 7:47 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Yes, Dark Moon, I think I will do that. I know many of you have said that the accelerator is moisturizing, but I think Bethany has sensitive skin like I do so I'm taking careful note of her results. I'll refrain from buying the full size at the moment.

I think giving the samples a test run would be the best option to see just how you react. Nobody ever really knows without trying, one reason I like samples even without sensitive skin! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 7:50 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

I had no problems with sample size Accelerator...2-3 days of usage didn't seem to be enough to clog my pores.

I have kept it away from my nose, and there have been no more pimples there. However, I just had 3 pop up on my chin. I definitely suspect the Accelerator at this point, and will be using that just on my chest as Cookie suggested.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 8:00 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

Maybe if you pm Dr J. he can work it out so you gets two accelerator samples to give you more product to test out since that is the major concern? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 8:07 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

I had no problems with sample size Accelerator...2-3 days of usage didn't seem to be enough to clog my pores.

I have kept it away from my nose, and there have been no more pimples there. However, I just had 3 pop up on my chin. I definitely suspect the Accelerator at this point, and will be using that just on my chest as Cookie suggested.

Nose and chin are classical places for sloughed off cells to get caught in micro-nooks and crannies where bacteria like to go for a two-martini lunch. What cleanser are you using bethany? A good, oil free, exfoliative cleanser is best. Maybe even one with SA. I often recommend Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. Cellese really needs to do their own scrub/wash. The ingredients are inexpensive. Don't tell them I told you that.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 8:14 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

Maybe if you pm Dr J. he can work it out so you gets two accelerator samples to give you more product to test out since that is the major concern? Smile

Approved! Go ahead and order two sets.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Good idea, Dark Moon. I think that is exactly what I will do Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

Approved! Go ahead and order two sets.

Thank you Dr. J, That is very accommodating of you and even better as leeleedeedee can try both products that way! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
bethany wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

Nose and chin are classical places for sloughed off cells to get caught in micro-nooks and crannies where bacteria like to go for a two-martini lunch. What cleanser are you using bethany? A good, oil free, exfoliative cleanser is best. Maybe even one with SA. I often recommend Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. Cellese really needs to do their own scrub/wash. The ingredients are inexpensive. Don't tell them I told you that.

That Neutrogena Acne Wash is brutal stuff...very drying! I typically use Olay sensitive skin wipes or the 302 Skincare bar, and have no acne issues other than an occasional deep hormonal pimple. So this is not the norm for me, and hopfully it will resolve quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 9:27 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DrJ wrote:
bethany wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

That Neutrogena Acne Wash is brutal stuff...very drying! I typically use Olay sensitive skin wipes or the 302 Skincare bar, and have no acne issues other than an occasional deep hormonal pimple. So this is not the norm for me, and hopfully it will resolve quickly.

The chief of dermatology in med. school summarized all skin problems and solutions this way: "if it's wet, dry it - if it's dry, wet it -- and if that fails slap on some steroids. Some days I wonder how far we have come ....
Miss Wisteria
5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2012 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have experiences with The TEI Spa Sonic Spatula tool? This tool 1. cleans the skin thoroughly 2. Makes products penetrate deeper: might be a good combo with the Cellese products? It works with ultrasonic waves.
Tei Spa dot com.
I started a thread to ask for experiences with this product in the Tools section. (can't post links yet)

European Beautylover> Rhassoul soap, Emu oil, Macadamia oil, Evian facial spray, Olay Microdermabrasion peel kit, Steaming, PMD, Microfiber cloth, Vaculifter (NCN), Dermaroller 0,2mm, sunblock, lots of vegetables/fruits, vitamins
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Tried to place my order using my sample user code & it was rejected. Then tried to contact Cellese by phone & got a recording.

Frustrating as I would like to place my order & the 3 times I have phoned I have yet to get a real person on the line!

Any suggestions are welcome! (maybe more customer service reps are in order?)

I really like these products & was hoping to get my order in today!

Oh well.

cabrita
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I just tried for the 3rd time & my code finally DID work !

But what I said re inability to get someone in customer service still stands.

cabrita
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Ok I just tried for the 3rd time & my code finally DID work !

But what I said re inability to get someone in customer service still stands.

cabrita

Glad it worked. Thanks for your patience. We had a phone glitch. Just a reminder you guys if you have a problem can always PM me and I will forward to CM and make sure they respond.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Yes indeed. One of the results that exceeded expectations was the degree to which those with thinner skin (e.g. postmenopausal women) would have an appearance transformation. You see it most in the cheeks. They often go from being flat to round. The added volume really helps to reduce "perceived age".

Are the serum and accelerator increasing subcutaneous fat? Just the skin thickening alone is causing this transformation? It seems incredible that the serum and accelerator could help add noticeable volume to the cheeks. JMHO.

I am reposting this. Please comment about the increased cheek volume. Thank you.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I would also like to know how long it took to see the increased cheek volume. Knowing me I will be checking for this every other day.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I would also like to know how long it took to see the increased cheek volume. Knowing me I will be checking for this every other day.

In a clinical trial, we saw evidence at 8 weeks in a number of subjects. Anecdotally we hear from people who have been on for 6 months that the improvement continues. Every other day could be pushing it. Like going on a diet and weighing hourly.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

Are the serum and accelerator increasing subcutaneous fat? Just the skin thickening alone is causing this transformation?

Dr. J, I would also like to know the answer to this. Are your products increasing subq fat?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Yes indeed. One of the results that exceeded expectations was the degree to which those with thinner skin (e.g. postmenopausal women) would have an appearance transformation. You see it most in the cheeks. They often go from being flat to round. The added volume really helps to reduce "perceived age".

Are the serum and accelerator increasing subcutaneous fat? Just the skin thickening alone is causing this transformation? It seems incredible that the serum and accelerator could help add noticeable volume to the cheeks. JMHO.

I would also like an explanation of how cheek volume increase can be achieved by a topical. How does the mechanism of the topical know to target the cheek area specifically. I would have thought if something has a plumping action, then the entire face would be effected - not just the cheeks.

As most of you would know, my favourite treatment for a post menopausal face is cheek filler. Plumper cheeks definitely give a youthful look to an aging face. But, from experience, I know that it takes quite a bit of filler (thick fillers at that) to achieve any real visible difference. As the treatments are expensive I cannot afford multiple syringes, so therefore, my results tend to be minimal.

I am, therefore, intriqued at how a topical can mimic the effect of a thick filler and show a definite visible difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
packratmack wrote:
DrJ wrote:

I would also like an explanation of how cheek volume increase can be achieved by a topical. How does the mechanism of the topical know to target the cheek area specifically. I would have thought if something has a plumping action, then the entire face would be effected - not just the cheeks.

As most of you would know, my favourite treatment for a post menopausal face is cheek filler. Plumper cheeks definitely give a youthful look to an aging face. But, from experience, I know that it takes quite a bit of filler (thick fillers at that) to achieve any real visible difference. As the treatments are expensive I cannot afford multiple syringes, so therefore, my results tend to be minimal.

I am, therefore, intriqued at how a topical can mimic the effect of a thick filler and show a definite visible difference.

I should pull together a BFT post on lipogenesis. The answer is yes, both fat and matrix (collagen + elastin). It's not targeted at cheeks, its just that cheeks tend to show the difference the most. For the same reason that filler works best there. We should also explore in depth the inflammatory underpinnings of aging skin, and how reversal of chronic inflammation seems to be a key factor. Inflammation is strongly lipolytic (fat burning), and combating inflammation (changed cytokine pattern) restores the milieu back to normal. Also there is the huge issue of endocrine receptors and the role of cytokines in mediating the effects of HRT (meaning you can replicate some of the effects without HRT). And of course the phytoestrogens which do a good job of biomimicry, and are also fat restoring. Oh, and the role of carrier peptides to move across basement membranes. We'll take it a step at a time.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Considering your trial has now run for 6 months or so, you should be able to show some evidence for this like pictures and histological analysis.

As far as I know lots of things including cytokines have been tried to restore volume to the face of HIV patients. The results, if any, were minimal, fillers are still the only option.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Considering your trial has now run for 6 months or so, you should be able to show some evidence for this like pictures and histological analysis.

As far as I know lots of things including cytokines have been tried to restore volume to the face of HIV patients. The results, if any, were minimal, fillers are still the only option.

I am not familiar with this cytokine study. Citation please.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. J, does the serum help eliminate milia? I have had these tiny milia bumps at the base of my jawbone for I don't know how long and all of a sudden I was scratching at the area and it seems like I was able to scratch out the white bumps. I now have a red spot from where I've been scratching all day but I think the milia is gone. Is that from using the serum?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |