Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 8:13 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:

After reading all this, here's what I got:

we have ONE miracle
a hand full of its nice on my skin
a few it breaks me out

And people paying different prices for the same product Shock ! Perhaps "marketing" should of looked into that before they offered diff discounts

Pretty much, but as I pointed out earlier to CM, most of us have used it 1-1 1/2 months. Not long enough to have any other results to report.

As for the different % of discount, I guess we could look at it as this is what EDS does also?

Agree!

At least EDS is up front and consistent on the discount we receive and all do receive the discount they are entitled to.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 8:24 am      Reply with quote
In looking back over the past few days I see many questions and comments. My time remains limited, so I apologize in advance if I don’t get to them all. I like that you all are getting to the point of being able to answer each other’s questions. You are getting more sophisticated about the science. And you questions are getting deeper as a result. I will address a few today, and others another day. Thank you for your patience.

Q: How applicable are studies on one subpopulation of MSCs (e.g., BM-derived) versus another type of MSCs (e.g., adipose-derived)? Cytokine profiles among cell types are presumably quite different and even within particular immune cells, cytokine secretion can vary by subpopulation or localization.

Adipose-derived MSC’s and marrow-derived MSC’s have a great deal in common. But there are also differences. In terms of skin we know that derivatives of AT-MSC’s do show many or even most of the benefits of BM-MSC’s. So it is quite logical and scientifically sound to speak of cytokine-mediated benefits MSC’s generally. It is also quite reasonable to look at the differences, and to point to the unique role of MSC’s in healing & regeneration. All cells make cytokines – it’s like a language between them. All MSC’s express an abundance of the most important cytokines (esp. for healing, regeneration) in culture. BM-MSC’s are the body’s 911 system, and have a unique role as coordinators of healing & regeneration, as the local “drug store” for “prescription level” regenerative cytokines, by dint of strength (concentration) and the right mix (the prescription, if you will). Now, there is a few steps beyond just growing MSC’s in culture and farming these cytokines. Further sophistication comes into play when you understand the cytokine language and can metaphorically “talk” to the cells in culture. You can convince them to send out just the right cytokines to do a particular job. That is the proprietary layer that Cellese has invented.

Q: How applicable are studies on MSC cytokines from animals (in particular, rats and mice) versus those from humans? In other words, how similar are the cytokine profiles?

Good question. Mostly the same. There are differences, albeit subtle. But interestingly the abundance of literature is in humans. You can learn a lot from rat studies, but you always want to be careful in extrapolating.

Q: Do you measure any particular cytokines or related markers to ensure that you have not created a pro-inflammatory environment? Do you screen the volunteers from which you harvest the MSCs to ensure that they are healthy?

We do measure cytokines but have not yet published that data. Yes, the donors are fully screened and tested. The cells originate in a highly respected lab that supplies them for human bone marrow transplantation, so lots of controls in place. But remember, we do not put any cells or cell parts in our product. We only use them as a factory to create cytokines. We separate and leave behind all cells and cell parts. Contrast this with another company that “lyses” the cells to break them apart, then uses that extract in their product. The lytic process includes repeated freeze/thaw cycles that also can destroy cytokines.

Q: That's interesting that you have one formula that's for quick time-release and one that's for sustained time-release. Is the sustained time-release one really necessary?

Not necessary, no. But helpful. It’s based on what we know about cytokines receptors, absorption dynamics, etc. The system is designed to optimize around those sort of physicochemical considerations. We did a smaller clinical trial using a different formulation, without the accelerator concept. The results were about the same, but the final clinical trial (with accelerator) was incrementally better. I have explained elsewhere the rationale for the complete formulation and its composition, and separation of actives based on various considerations including chemical and functional characteristics.

Q: if a person had to pick one, is the time release formula better than the quick release one?

The serum is more important, because it contains the higher concentration of cytokines. The science is very young I terms of understanding of absorption dynamics, receptor saturation, that sort of thing. We are pioneering some of those studies now.

Q: Another thought that occurred to me: Do the MSC cytokines influence the differentiation "status" (excuse my lack of a better word) of cells that they are applied to?

The term differentiation implies undifferentiated cells. Nearly every cell that cytokines applied topically will contact are already differentiated, but at different of “maturity”. So while cells in the basal layer of keratinocytes are already differentiated, cytokines can signal for them to proliferate (divide, make more daughter cells) and push them into the maturation cycle that creates the visible cells of our skin. Similarly, fibroblasts become more active, and may proliferate. Now, if there are stem cells within the dermal layer, the cytokines will stimulate them in the same way they do in culture. We call it cross chatter. Your own stem cells will be stimulated to proliferate, and to join the battle (make more cytokines). Like most cells, they are team players.

Q: If MSC cytokines are so effective, the lack of more solid quantitative data on this particular product from the product makers themselves is surprising.

I point you back to what I have said before. We do not pre-publicize results of studies in progress, nor data from studies which we are in the process of publishing or trying the get published through a peer-review process. For those of you not in the sciences, this will be no surprise. To publish it here would make it ineligible for publication elsewhere. Has to do with copyrights. Publishing is a business. Also, there are scientific ethics that govern when results should be released. In substitution for the time being, I try to educate from the ground up. I offer published data from other studies, hoping to show you how they synthesize into a cohesive theory of action. Some days I wish I could tell you more, but I myself must live with the frustration of the limits that come from “doing science”.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:

After reading all this, here's what I got:

we have ONE miracle
a hand full of its nice on my skin
a few it breaks me out

And people paying different prices for the same product Shock ! Perhaps "marketing" should of looked into that before they offered diff discounts

Pretty much, but as I pointed out earlier to CM, most of us have used it 1-1 1/2 months. Not long enough to have any other results to report.

As for the different % of discount, I guess we could look at it as this is what EDS does also?

The difference is that that EDS discount is public knowledge.

From a marketing standpoint, sharing key information/discounts/etc. with select individuals during early adoption can create bias (even though the recipients generally don't realize that). There is a reason that products are sent to beauty bloggers for feedback...they seldom write bad reviews on free stuff! But this is a tough crowd and I think most people here will remain fairly unbiased even if they paid a discounted price. (FYI...Getting product for free creates a higher level of bias, and a definite sense of "obligation" to say positive things)

In retrospect, I suspect that Cellese probably would do a lot of things differently if they did this all over again. They may have day jobs with a big university, but I would have to agree that this product seems to be a start up venture. And that means a learning curve.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 8:55 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Firefox, I hear ya! There is the other thread for this type of discussion:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45271

This thread is supposed to be for results and how we're getting on with the product. Sad

P.S. AnteAge works really great on burns, I burnt my wrist recently from the oven, helped speed healing.

I understand the frustration you feel WhiteWolf,

however part of most all threads where a product is reviewed some will report issues with customer service and ask questions regarding everything from studies to packaging, customer service, special offers....ect. ect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 8:57 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
In retrospect, I suspect that Cellese probably would do a lot of things differently if they did this all over again. They may have day jobs with a big university, but I would have to agree that this product seems to be a start up venture. And that means a learning curve.

We would of course do a few things differently, but not too many. We are delighted with the response we have received in the marketplace, from skin care professionals, and from fellow scientists. This forum only sees a sliver of what Cellese does. While it may look tiny to you, you only see the tip of the iceberg. But a unique bit because you get to peek behind the scenes and communicate with one of the key players. It is well known in the science world that entrepreneurial companies, often spinning out of university projects, are where all the real innovation occurs. As Medical Director at Johnson & Johnson, I had relationships with hundreds of these. Big companies don't do much innovating. They support and later buy up small companies when they are to enter that product realm. It's an ecosystem. If you are an early adopter, you don't wait for J&J, or P&G, or any of the bigs in personal care.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
I am not a witch hunter but more a Miss Tick. All I try to do is look at dr J's product the same way he makes us look at the products of the competition.

I am intrigued by this
Quote:
The formula with or without the BM MSC is solid. All anyone is doing "testing" after that point is looking for a potential synergy positive or negative. That may be relevant. That the active components in the formula have effect is known. [depending on concentration] It becomes redundant and daft after a certain point or not?

because it is supposed to be a. the effects of the cytokines and b. the synergy with the rest of the formula that will give wonderful results.
Now, that could do with a bit of substantiating evidence don't you think?
In this topic we have read dr J about beneficial effects on rosacea and eczema, and even about the plumping of cheeks. It would be nice if there was some kind of evidence on that, regarding the serum/accelerator itself. After all, application to intact skin is something different than application on open wounds, and cytokines sec are not the same as implanted stem cells producing cytokines in loco, triggered by local events such as severely damaged heart muscle giving out emergency signals.

Cytokines and stem cells are the buzz words of today. Interesting that you keep on emphasizing that the product would deliver even without the stem cell cytokines. That would mean you don't need them in the formula even though you're paying for them. If you really mean that, why endorse a product that has a main ingredient that, according to you, does not add significantly to its effectiveness?

LE,
Don't put words in my mouth. Ever. You are mixing apples and oranges and calling it cheese.

No, you don't need them,they are in your skin as you type. What part of that is not clear to you?

Further to which, I don't need your permission to try a product. I will try any product I feel like if it interests me enough to do so.

There is no gun to your head forcing you to buy the product. Don't. Be done with it. Forget about it. Plenty of others out there. Some 10X the price.

http://www.noesa.com/shop/shop/2_products/products_list.php?catID=
ANTI AGING CONCENTRATE
NIGHT 445.00 € for 40ml.

CONCENTRATE
WITH DANADEM®
WITH ALCHEMETICS® TYPE 2

Get back to me on the science behind that...

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 10:01 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
bethany wrote:

We would of course do a few things differently, but not too many. We are delighted with the response we have received in the marketplace, from skin care professionals, and from fellow scientists. This forum only sees a sliver of what Cellese does. While it may look tiny to you, you only see the tip of the iceberg. But a unique bit because you get to peek behind the scenes and communicate with one of the key players. It is well known in the science world that entrepreneurial companies, often spinning out of university projects, are where all the real innovation occurs. As Medical Director at Johnson & Johnson, I had relationships with hundreds of these. Big companies don't do much innovating. They support and later buy up small companies when they are to enter that product realm. It's an ecosystem. If you are an early adopter, you don't wait for J&J, or P&G, or any of the bigs in personal care.

Agreed....it is the same in many verticals, like high-tech. And I am only referencing what is taking place here at EDS, BFT and on the ecomm store, since that is all we have visibility to.

So when will you be selling on HSN and QVC? I could actually see the hosts talking about the science, and driving tons of sales to people that don't require the scientific backup that people here do. (of course that could have some brand development/reputation implications)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am personally thinking that *either* the Cure or the AnteAge Accelerator may have caused my pimples to surface...I am honestly not sure which one deserves the credit.

So I used Cure last night while I was stuck stitting around during Tropical Storm Beryl. I spent this morning clearing debris off my lawn, and finally got around to doing my "morning" skincare routine this afternoon.

So what did I see? Little pimples. Shock I am really starting to think that the Accelerator was NOT the pimple culprit, and that the Cure either brought stuff to the surface or the film agent was causing my pimples. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DrJ wrote:
bethany wrote:

Agreed....it is the same in many verticals, like high-tech. And I am only referencing what is taking place here at EDS, BFT and on the ecomm store, since that is all we have visibility to.

So when will you be selling on HSN and QVC? I could actually see the hosts talking about the science, and driving tons of sales to people that don't require the scientific backup that people here do. (of course that could have some brand development/reputation implications)

Thanks, bethany. You actually see only a few of our sites. I think we have several hundred (now or in the works).

I did QVC once (when I was in the music industry). Not a good fit for Cellese. If you see us on TV, it will probably be sponsoring NOVA as they delve deep into the fascinating world of cytokines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I didn't receive any PM offering a discount either. This is where this type of marketing gets tricky. It's happened with other products which get discussed here - sellers offer free products or discounts for comment or review on the forum. Then allegations get made inferring a "cash for comment" situation.

The discount was not offered with the requirement that we post our results on the forum. It was merely offered saying since you had shown interest on the forum here is some thanks for showing some support. There was no expectation that we would post about our experience on the forum. Remember, I did not like the accelerator too much when I tried it and I posted a comment about that it did not seem like a product that would work for me (and I got that for free - by mistake!). If I did not like the products and I did not see results from them I would say so - no 20% discount is going to cloud my opinion. It's only 5% more than what is offered to all the sample purchasers. You JUMP to a lot of conclusions Keliu!
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Keliu wrote:
jom wrote:
I've had a sneek peek at the loyalty program and all I'm authorized to say is that I am pleased with it and think others will be as well. It is quite generous. Even more generous than EDS if you're a repeat user. I think the email is supposed to go out soon.

I have to ask. How did you manage to get a sneek peek at the loyalty programme?

Dr. J wanted some feedback so he asked for my opinion. I think the email will come out this week. I think they are just making sure they get all of the programming on the website done right so the discount shows up correctly when someone orders.

Thanks, jom. That's exactly right.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 11:09 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
So what did I see? Little pimples. Shock I am really starting to think that the Accelerator was NOT the pimple culprit, and that the Cure either brought stuff to the surface or the film agent was causing my pimples. Confused

Frustrating! Hard to narrow down the cause.

For myself most anything caused/es a break out, hair care lotions, mousses, spray, sunscreen with who knows what in it. Clinique moisturizer etc.etc.etc. The AnteAge, did none of that to me. Just boring calm skin. That's a good thing.

I put my crazy SS on top, no problems, put my peptide serum under it, no problems, US'd it in, dermarolled it in...and fine. Doesn't help you I know...but ..what's CURE anyways? Just curious.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I will remind all that some have had breakouts from using the Accelerator!

Thank you for the reminder. But you forgot to also remind that I discussed the whole issue of making incorrect causality assumptions when breakouts occur in the context of new products. I'lll repeat it here:

Most skin care professionals adhere to the notion that breaks outs right after starting a product have little to do with the product, and more to do with the antecedent conditions. Many also agree that break out might actually be a good thing. This is counterintuitive, I know. Let’s briefly look at the pathogenesis of a break out. There are four primary factors:

1. elevated sebum production
2. excess dead keratinocytes, sticky with sebum, collect inside pores
3. P. acnes, the bacterium, finds this a favorable place to start a colony
4. The pore becomes clogged, and a papule or pustule erupts.

Along with this, inflammatory cytokines are released. This leads to redness and pus. The inflammation also (in older skin) takes time to fade and meanwhile stimulates more sebum production as a stress response. Hormonal fluctuations can play a big part as well. A cycle begins.

Given the timing of these factors, starting a product and seeing something erupt the first few days does not mean the product caused it. The conditions were already set. It may have accelerated its appearance (e.g. by increasing skin cell production in the basal layer, therefore more superficial ones are suddenly being shed). AnteAge works to regenerate new skin. It’s the old, dead, unshed skin cells on the surface e that are the real problem.

AnteAGE has ingredients which should actually help. The serum is rich in anti-inflammatory cytokines, so the cycle should be impeded. Reducing inflammation is regarded as one key in treating acne conditions. Retinoids (accelerator) decrease sebum production, and unclog pores. Other ingredients in there are also considered helpful. The accelerator also contains isoflavones which can mimic hormone effects in the skin. This could contribute if it is a mainly hormonal type of break out.

It would be hard for me to convince anyone that the appearance of acne is a good thing, but nonetheless many professionals make this argument, for the reasons noted. My usual advice is to continue to use the serum (hold the accelerator for a few days) while attending to the other things (unclogging pores, eliminating bacteria). Start the accelerator back when all is calm again, which shouldn’t take long. If the breakout recurs, then the product probably has oils incompatible with your skin type. In which case I would recommend the serum alone. If you require additional moisturization, use a product you know you tolerated in the past in substitute for the accelerator. Even then, I would encourage you try the accelerator aging after a month of use of the serum. By that time the renewal cycle will be more established, and you skin may react differently. Pores may even be less deep, making the clogging pathophysiology less likely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Can we talk about the product and not the people.
Everyone has some kind of biase it's human nature. If you like someone your more likely to give them the benefit of the doubt then someone you don't like/trust. I would think everyone here has bought products before that have no clinical science behind them. Maybe I liked the salesgirl maybe I fell for the pitch.

Don't get me wrong. Science is important and I do want to see the studies when they are published. My DIL has a doctorate and is doing research at Havard. I know from her experience it can take a long time before results are released to the public in a scientific journal.

So until then we can share our thoughts and results and hopefully get a better understanding
of what this product does and doesn't do.

For full disclosure I did get a 20% discount but I got it because of a mix up with ordering. I saw on a thread here that you could buy it on April 3
and I tried but it didn't go though so I tried again. Then I emailed the company to make sure I didn't order twice. They told me they were still in test mode and neither order went though but if I would wait till they were up and running I could use a discount code for the product. I emailed with a guy named Rockey.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Then as I have said in the past this makes us the "lab rats" if it is still in the testing phase why are people not using this as part of a trial even using the products? We did not sign consent forms normally associated with testing.

We have published on our web sites and made many references to here a study of 49 subjects. This is about double the size of most trial from other companies.

We are a science company. Of course we continue to test the technologies, products, new ideas, all under clinically controlled conditions. Why wouldn't we? We want to make all this work even better. You are obviously not part of that. Repeating the "lab rats" mantra again does not make it any more true now than the last time I addressed this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Well I guess Bethany can't say if it is the Cure or the Accelerator? Both are new products!

I have older skin and nothing breaks me out, never have had issues with them regardless of age, hormone fluctuations, or new products.

DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
I will remind all that some have had breakouts from using the Accelerator!

Thank you for the reminder. But you forgot to also remind that I discussed the whole issue of making incorrect causality assumptions when breakouts occur in the context of new products. I'lll repeat it here:

Most skin care professionals adhere to the notion that breaks outs right after starting a product have little to do with the product, and more to do with the antecedent conditions. Many also agree that break out might actually be a good thing. This is counterintuitive, I know. Let’s briefly look at the pathogenesis of a break out. There are four primary factors:

1. elevated sebum production
2. excess dead keratinocytes, sticky with sebum, collect inside pores
3. P. acnes, the bacterium, finds this a favorable place to start a colony
4. The pore becomes clogged, and a papule or pustule erupts.

Along with this, inflammatory cytokines are released. This leads to redness and pus. The inflammation also (in older skin) takes time to fade and meanwhile stimulates more sebum production as a stress response. Hormonal fluctuations can play a big part as well. A cycle begins.

Given the timing of these factors, starting a product and seeing something erupt the first few days does not mean the product caused it. The conditions were already set. It may have accelerated its appearance (e.g. by increasing skin cell production in the basal layer, therefore more superficial ones are suddenly being shed). AnteAge works to regenerate new skin. It’s the old, dead, unshed skin cells on the surface e that are the real problem.

AnteAGE has ingredients which should actually help. The serum is rich in anti-inflammatory cytokines, so the cycle should be impeded. Reducing inflammation is regarded as one key in treating acne conditions. Retinoids (accelerator) decrease sebum production, and unclog pores. Other ingredients in there are also considered helpful. The accelerator also contains isoflavones which can mimic hormone effects in the skin. This could contribute if it is a mainly hormonal type of break out.

It would be hard for me to convince anyone that the appearance of acne is a good thing, but nonetheless many professionals make this argument, for the reasons noted. My usual advice is to continue to use the serum (hold the accelerator for a few days) while attending to the other things (unclogging pores, eliminating bacteria). Start the accelerator back when all is calm again, which shouldn’t take long. If the breakout recurs, then the product probably has oils incompatible with your skin type. In which case I would recommend the serum alone. If you require additional moisturization, use a product you know you tolerated in the past in substitute for the accelerator. Even then, I would encourage you try the accelerator aging after a month of use of the serum. By that time the renewal cycle will be more established, and you skin may react differently. Pores may even be less deep, making the clogging pathophysiology less likely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
As for the milia - milia are caused by pores/glands being clogged from dead skin cells. Thus, the method used to get rid of it is exfoliation. I would, therefore, presume that if you are using an exfoliator that is what would be responsible for it disappearing rather than a serum which is working deep in the dermis. The serum may be responsible for faster cell turnover, but I still think the exfoliator would be the "magic bullet".

Exfoliation is many things. From a little sponge scrub to deep dermabrasion. Some people have milia for years, unable to exfoliate despite attempts. Another way to took at it is that the serum is the magic bullet. Suddenly what didn't work before, e.g. superficial abrasion. works now when it didn't before. .

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
It would be hard for me to convince anyone that the appearance of acne is a good thing, but nonetheless many professionals make this argument, for the reasons noted. My usual advice is to continue to use the serum (hold the accelerator for a few days) while attending to the other things (unclogging pores, eliminating bacteria). Start the accelerator back when all is calm again, which shouldn’t take long.

That's exactly what I did. I gave the accelerator a break, the skin went back to normal, and once I introduced it back into my routine, the skin became bumpy as though it is about to break out again.

DrJ wrote:
Given the timing of these factors, starting a product and seeing something erupt the first few days does not mean the product caused it. The conditions were already set. It may have accelerated its appearance (e.g. by increasing skin cell production in the basal layer, therefore more superficial ones are suddenly being shed).

So have I not used the accelerator, the bumps would have never appeared?

BTW, I only get breakouts when I eat dairy products. And the AnteAge accelerator was the only new product in my routine.

bethany, if you think it was Cure, then stop Cure and add the accelerator. Well, why am I telling you this! You probably know how to test it! Very Happy
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Wow a lot to get caught up on this thread!

Thank you to Dr J for responding regarding the science ?'s.

I have been using both the serum & the accelerator for about 9 days (off the acc for the last 2)

Prior to this I was using both in samples mostly on AK's (of which I have a number - due to growing up in the tropics & inadequate sunscreen & several severe sunburns) I did not really wish to share this publicly but am as it is relevant to my experience with the Ante-age products.

I noticed a significant improvement in these AK's just from sample usage & a couple even disappeared. I had been planning to go to the derm (altho I KNEW I would not follow her treatment plan) & then decided to try the Cellese products on them.

I am now using these products on all the AK's I have - some on arms & back as well & all are much improved & some have gone. It seems to me that my skin has apparently been severely deficient in stem cytokines & is very happy to have more on board!

My skin is also quite soft & very moisturized. I do have a bit of hyperpigmentation but so far no changes there. Some fine wrinkles as well & some slight softening which is probably due to the excellent moisturization.

I would like to say tho - the accelerator has broken me out (I was not using anything else but these 2 products & my usual sunscreen so I am convinced this is what has done it. (& I am praying it wasn't the serum!!) In fact I think it may be the safflower oil (as I have used the other oils listed & never had a problem with them) but I have not found anything that indicates it is comedogenic. I stopped it a couple of days ago (just using the serum) & have not seen any new eruptions. I thought I would use the rest up on my arms (I am now using the serum there too - so I sure hope the loyalty program will be rolling out soon!) & my arms are also breaking out! And this just simply NEVER happens to me. I do hope you are able to find out which ingredient is causing the trouble!

Also if you can suggest something else to use in lieu of this I would appreciate it. (I think I will simply go back to my DIY KNN cream tho for now)

Anyway I think you can call this the 2nd reported miracle - it sure IS to me anyway!
I hope to be using the serum for some time to come. (but will post back again soon to report on any new acne from this)

Dr J - I also asked some time ago (got lost in the barrage of posts I am sure - LOL) regarding whether Cellese has any plans to develop a product for hair loss/scalp repair? I for one would be very interested!

I would also like to know if others have reported improvement in AK's &/or scar tissue? (either here or those participating in your study Dr J)

FWIW - I did not receive any special compensation for writing this review - but I did use the 15% sample coupon when I purchased.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
bethany wrote:
So what did I see? Little pimples. Shock I am really starting to think that the Accelerator was NOT the pimple culprit, and that the Cure either brought stuff to the surface or the film agent was causing my pimples.

Frustrating! Hard to narrow down the cause.

For myself most anything caused/es a break out, hair care lotions, mousses, spray, sunscreen with who knows what in it. Clinique moisturizer etc.etc.etc. The AnteAge, did none of that to me. Just boring calm skin. That's a good thing.

I put my crazy SS on top, no problems, put my peptide serum under it, no problems, US'd it in, dermarolled it in...and fine. Doesn't help you I know...but ..what's CURE anyways? Just curious.

Cure is an exfoliator...ingredients below. Since I haven't been using the serum or the accelerator, and had the same little pimples pop up today after using this last night it sure seems like this might be the cause.

Quote:
Here are the ingredients of Cure Natural Aqua Gel: water (activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin (a moisturiser), acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer (a thickener), dicocodimonium (a conditioner), chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract (moisturises, protects rough skin), gingko biloba extract (moisturises, prevents skin-mottling and freckles), rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract (possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties), butylene glycol.

http://www.makeupstash.com/2010/04/cure-natural-aqua-gel.html

And while this is NOT a thread on Cure, I did want to post my experience since I had previously thought it was the Accelerator causing the pimples. And if I was/am wrong, I need to let people know! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Thanks....I will follow this advice when I start adding the products back into my routine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Here are the ingredients of Cure Natural Aqua Gel: water (activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin (a moisturiser), acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer (a thickener), dicocodimonium (a conditioner), chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract (moisturises, protects rough skin), gingko biloba extract (moisturises, prevents skin-mottling and freckles), rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract (possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties), butylene glycol.

I wouldn't call it an exfoliator. A gentle face wash that relies on massage as the exfoliating agent. Group of thickeners for the gelling aspect but not necessarily useful for the skin. Could be reacting to who knows what? Even the EO's.

At the same time, it's new to your skin and break outs can be expected. Only you can decide how long you are willing to work through it. My regime is emulsified OCM and the odd time a microfiber cloth. Very simple. If there's ever a problem, I can zero in on it very fast.

foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Boy! I've had a lot of catching up to do from a busy weekend.

I have say I'm very disappointed I've seen no offers of either a 15% or even a 20% discount to purchase after ordering the samples. The price of the product is what is putting me off buying so I sit back and wait for the reviews (and would love to peak at some of those future studies).Reports of blemishes particularly scare me off!

Since my order of samples went missing and it took awhile to get some in, I haven't tried them yet. (Am still a little bit leary.)

bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:
@ Bethany: I, and I guess lots of other people as well, received a pm from dr J when the products were launched offering me a 20 % discount.

That was valid april only.

Hmmmmm. Looks like most posters here used that coupon code. Very clever marketing.

I notified Havana of this, because I assumed selling through pm would not be allowed, but apparently it is. I am learning here every day, though not just about skin care.

I went against the doctors orders and shared that code with Bethany so she is well aware of the fact he sent those out, I guess she missed the use by date!

I used the 15% off that came with my samples, but I definitely would have used the 20% off on a reorder if it had worked! Laughing

That said, even though I have reservations about the possible blemishes, I would like to be included in the Loyalty Program and I have not revieved an email regarding that. Very disappointed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

I have say I'm very disappointed I've seen no offers of either a 15% or even a 20% discount to purchase after ordering the samples. The price of the product is what is putting me off buying so I sit back and wait for the reviews (and would love to peak at some of those future studies).Reports of blemishes particularly scare me off!

Since my order of samples went missing and it took awhile to get some in, I haven't tried them yet. (Am still a little bit leary.)

bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:
@ Bethany: I, and I guess lots of other people as well, received a pm from dr J when the products were launched offering me a 20 % discount.

Hmmmmm. Looks like most posters here used that coupon code. Very clever marketing.

I notified Havana of this, because I assumed selling through pm would not be allowed, but apparently it is. I am learning here every day, though not just about skin care.

I went against the doctors orders and shared that code with Bethany so she is well aware of the fact he sent those out, I guess she missed the use by date!

I used the 15% off that came with my samples, but I definitely would have used the 20% off on a reorder if it had worked! Laughing

That said, even though I have reservations about the possible blemishes, I would like to be included in the Loyalty Program and I have not revieved an email regarding that. Very disappointed.

The emails regarding the loyalty program have not gone out yet. As Dr. J confirmed they are busy doing the programming (maybe slowed down by the long weekend) so the correct discount shows up when someone purchases. Hopefully the email will go out this week. You will not likely receive an email if you have not purchased from the site before. I think even if you have just purchased samples you will be included in the email though. If you have not received your samples yet you will probably find when you do receive them that you will receive a coupon code for 15% off your first order. If you do not get the code (most likely due to an oversight) I would call Cellese customer service and tell them that you have read on this forum that people are getting a 15% off code and you did not receive it and I think they will give you the discount. Or PM Dr. J and I'm sure he'll see that you get the 15% off discount.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

The paperwork with my samples included a 15% discount. It was my understanding that all the samples included this. Might have been an oversight. You should email their customer service and see if they can rectify.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |