Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Cellcosmet Gentle Cream Cleanser :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Well, I used it for the first time last night and here is my review.

I was at Holt's and I bought the Cellcosmet cream cleanser, eye contour gel XT and a bunch of samples. Over time I will post all my reviews with the samples I took.

After I made my purchase, I went to Chanel and got a makeover done for the new fall season.

The makeup application was so amazing as usual! Very Happy

Anyway, the liner was applied extremely close to my lash line. I made my purchases and went home. After a couple of hours it was time to got to bed and very happily I used the Cellcosmet cream cleanser.

I rinsed my face first and then put very tiny amount of the cream on my face as reccommended from the packaging. Let me just say "OH MY GOD!" what a luxuries feeling. Even though I could feel some type of oil from the cleanser, afterwards when I was done cleansing, my skin did not have any type of film/waxy feeling/or moisterizing feeling. It was squeeky clean without feeling dry or tight feeling I can get with Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin.

BUT, it could not remove my eye makeup. Sorry to dissapoint everyone about this. I applied more cleanser and still it could not remove my eye makeup. I had to grab my Cle de Peau eye makeup remover to remove the eye makeup and recleansed my skin with the cream cleanser.

I have to agree with the packaging that you do not need to use a lot of the cream cleanser to clean your face. I think this cleanser is concentrated.

This morning, I washed again and it did feel like there was oil in the cleanser but when I rinsed, there was absolutely no residue. I did feel squeeky clean.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Just an update:

I spoke to the manager at Cellcosmet and I gave him my review of the cream cleanser. He did agree that the cleanser is not strong enough to remove waterproof makeup.
Mabsy

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review Skincare! I use this to remove my eye makeup and have no problems at all but I do not wear waterproof makeup though.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, I used it again this morning and last night. For last night, I only wore non-waterproof mascara and some lipgloss and the cleanser could not remove my mascara.

I know that Cetaphil for oily skin cleaser can remove the same mascara.

I hope my review will help others. Very Happy
Mabsy

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to bring this up to the top again but I just finished a tube of this and wanted to update.

I still really really like this cleanser - it's gentle, it's not at all drying, it takes off my makeup well, I don't need to use a separate eye makeup remover, and it feels *so* luxurious. I think it's one of those cleansers that should be suitable for most skin types, even the really dry ones.

One thing that I really wish that Cellcosmet would do (apart from lowering the price Razz) is to *please* put this cleanser in a pump bottle! It comes in a large twist-top tube - this is tedious and the cap tends to get a bit icky (if you keep it in the shower for example) because the water runs into it.

Will I buy this again? You bet! Not right away though. I did like the gel cleanser sample I tried and it was a difficult choice when I was deciding whether I should get the cream or the gel. So, next time the gel gets a go Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I have a quick question. I have a sample of gel activator and I have half a tube left of the cream cleanser. How do intergrate the two? Which one do I use first?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I have a quick question. I have a sample of gel activator and I have half a tube left of the cream cleanser. How do intergrate the two? Which one do I use first?

use the cream cleanser first. rinse, then put on the gel activator which you then dampen (slightly emulsify) and leave on for two minutes. rinse off and voilá!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Smile
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I have used the Cellcosmet Gentle Cream Cleanser for the past year and I would give it a 10, I have sensitive skin and am over 50. I would not be without this cleanser
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, thanks for your great reveiw and update.

That's what I am trying to describe^^. This is one of the best cleanser I have ever used, love so much. I started to use it after finishing the cellcosmet Gel. I'm still torn between these two though. As for me, it works way better than DHCC. Only downside is a bottle. It should be a pump. I think this is something I am looking for for the next level cleanser ever. Will give 4.5 out of 5 just because of a container.
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannie,
I know what you mean about loving both the cream and the gel cleanser. My solution has been to use the gel cleanser in the morning and the cream cleanser at night. That routine works great for me.
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Samkaj, Thanks for your post. Good idea, I'll try to use that way. *+*
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Neutral

I tried so many brands , and now I am using this. I feel this one is extremely gentle. I never feel dry effect any more. My face tends to dry in winter and oily in summer. But it is good for the whole year. However, I use purifying Gel once again after this cream to make sure all sunscreen is removed.

In winter, I still use moisturizer with spf15. So I am thinking to use purifying gel following this cream. But I am worry that this will wash off my natural lipid too much. Does anyone know if this can make me skin dry?
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

I just finished reading bushy's review highly recommending cleansing gel, and decided to go with the gel. But after reading your post, I'm completely hesitant about which one to buy....

Have you tried the gel? Which one is better for a dry skin?

Thank you.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to ask, do we only need to use the cream once, and no other further cleansing product after that any more?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:
Oh, I forgot to ask, do we only need to use the cream once, and no other further cleansing product after that any more?

I only used it once during my wash and that's it. Sometimes I use my Clarisonic brush.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:
Hi Mabsy,

I just finished reading bushy's review highly recommending cleansing gel, and decided to go with the gel. But after reading your post, I'm completely hesitant about which one to buy....

Thank you.

Hi I'm not Mabsy but I have used both products and you will find the cream less drying.

At the moment my skin is quite dehydrated and I find that even the cream is drying if I use it in the normal quantity, I've had to switch to a micelle solution for cleansing.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:16 am      Reply with quote
I only used it once during my wash and that's it. Sometimes I use my Clarisonic brush.[/quote]

Thank you Skincare. In that case, it will save much time for me. Good to know that.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:19 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
jhelenhan wrote:
Hi Mabsy,

Thank you.

Hi I'm not Mabsy but I have used both products and you will find the cream less drying.

At the moment my skin is quite dehydrated and I find that even the cream is drying if I use it in the normal quantity, I've had to switch to a micelle solution for cleansing.

Thank you too, miranet. Your advice gives me a very clear direction. Since I have dry skin, I think I will go with the cream.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:13 am      Reply with quote
I use the gel in the summer and purchase the cream in the winter. Inbetween, I use Cetaphil.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I use the gel in the summer and purchase the cream in the winter. Inbetween, I use Cetaphil.

Great, then I should change my mind to gel... Shock

By the way, I know you have used pretty many products from Cellcosmet and Valmont. Which serum and which cream do you think are the best for antiaging? I used to have dry skin, but after using Ultra Vital it seems to have changed to combination skin. Question
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:55 am      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Great, then I should change my mind to gel... Shock

By the way, I know you have used pretty many products from Cellcosmet and Valmont. Which serum and which cream do you think are the best for antiaging? I used to have dry skin, but after using Ultra Vital it seems to have changed to combination skin. Question

I don't think any provides anti-aging. It would be sunblock, high dosage of vitamin C, exfoliating regularly and a good moisturizer that can plump and maintain proper moisture to your skin.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think any provides anti-aging. It would be sunblock, high dosage of vitamin C, exfoliating regularly and a good moisturizer that can plump and maintain proper moisture to your skin.[/quote]

That sounds too bad... But what really attracts me is that your mentioned "high dosage of vitamin c". Would you please recommend one serum for me? Can the sensitive skin bear vitamin C?

Bunch of thanks.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:
I don't think any provides anti-aging. It would be sunblock, high dosage of vitamin C, exfoliating regularly and a good moisturizer that can plump and maintain proper moisture to your skin.

That sounds too bad... But what really attracts me is that your mentioned "high dosage of vitamin c". Would you please recommend one serum for me? Can the sensitive skin bear vitamin C?

Bunch of thanks.[/quote]

If you have sensitive skin, you may not be able to tolerate it. I first started by using it once a week and slowly built it up.

There is Cellex-C and Vivier
Mabsy

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:
Hi Mabsy,

Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been overseas most of June and did not expect that I would not have internet access while traveling.

I actually like both of the cleansers and at the moment still have some of the gel left (as samples). Both are nice and neither feels drying, however, if you already have dry skin then I would recommend the cream version.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |