Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
If you use at home Ultrasound, which device, and results pls
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:54 am      Reply with quote
light123 wrote:

Keliu, ampheric refers to ion-pairing, a technique used to increase skin penetration capabilities. This type of mixture works on its own, without any microcurrent.

Thank you for this information.

This would definitely seem to indicate that solutions can indeed be ionised.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Not only that, some solutions are naturally ionized, like hyaluronic acid solution, becude the HA molecule is negatively charged, so the solution will be "- ioinised".

Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:33 am      Reply with quote
light123 wrote:
Not only that, some solutions are naturally ionized, like hyaluronic acid solution, becude the HA molecule is negatively charged, so the solution will be "- ioinised".

Oh, you're a mine of information - fantastic! I guess that's why HA is favoured in these gels.

Do you have an opinion on the preference for fragmented HA?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:53 am      Reply with quote
This is a tough question hmm and I am still to come up to a conclusion for myself.
All scientific articles point towards the direction that LM HA, especially below 20 kDa, are all inflammatory, HA with a MW lower than 500 kDa do prevent the natural formation of HA by the fibroblasts, while > 500 kDa HA induces the production of natural HA.

That of course only matters if such a big molecule can be delivered to epidermis or dermis, still searching for evidences with other molecules of similar molecular weight. So this search is in progress...
I am referring to iontophoresis here, as high frequency ultrasound, i.e. above 1 MHz can deliver substances limited to <1,000 Da. Well, Ascorbic acid fits into that limit.

Light

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Let me know when all of your Wiz-Kids come to a conclusion on what are the best products to use - I'm ready to hear! The Zia has some water but also a nice amount of glycerin and aloe. Really nice ingredients.

For me - I am definitely, 100%, seeing improvements! Wild. Never expected it this early but at almost two weeks - I assume that this is just a temporary plumping effect and wonder if eventually collagen will get rebuilt or what?

My question here is the same one that I have with my LED and have never gotten an answer for >

I wish that they would tell us exactly what results each mode gets and how to "sculpt" a face. For instance - plump the cheek area while firming the chin and jaw line. Lift the forehead but then firm the eyelids.

You know? It would make it so much easier to devise a program. Because what I need on my chin area - slight marionette lines - is different than what I would like for my cheeks?

Any ideas???
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:41 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Let me know when all of your Wiz-Kids come to a conclusion on what are the best products to use - I'm ready to hear! The Zia has some water but also a nice amount of glycerin and aloe. Really nice ingredients.

For me - I am definitely, 100%, seeing improvements! Wild. Never expected it this early but at almost two weeks - I assume that this is just a temporary plumping effect and wonder if eventually collagen will get rebuilt or what?

My question here is the same one that I have with my LED and have never gotten an answer for >

I wish that they would tell us exactly what results each mode gets and how to "sculpt" a face. For instance - plump the cheek area while firming the chin and jaw line. Lift the forehead but then firm the eyelids.

You know? It would make it so much easier to devise a program. Because what I need on my chin area - slight marionette lines - is different than what I would like for my cheeks?

Any ideas???

I think there are a few things to keep in mind with these ultrasound + galvanic devices:

Topicals - penetrating your own topicals is great, but the impressive line reduction results seen by Karenlee with her Sqoom are in part a result of driving HA down to the deeper levels of the skin to plump things up. (This should address your plumping/firming questions). My personal plan is to use the Sqoom gels sparingly, and to top them off with another gel containing HA (the Fyola cleansing/massage gel). I will also use my regular topical serums with the Fyola gel over them to assist with penetration.

Sculpting - I think this is where the lift aspect of the programs come in. I am using Massage and Lift everywhere, but I do focus the majority Lifting program time a bit more heavily on the areas where I need the lift, and am definitely seeing results that way. I don't think you need a complicated program...just intuitively use the Lift program where you need it, and use strokes that mimic the lift you want to accomplish.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:07 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Rapunzell wrote:
Am just ordering the Le Mieux gel >
http://www.modernsalon.com/news/Le-Mieux-O2-Calming-Gel-221214981.html

They said it's great for all sort of skin issues, very healing so might be nice to have it on hand anyway!

I have been looking all over the internet for the Le Mieux Gel. The only places I found it for sale require you to call to order it.

Not sure if this will help you, packratmack, but it looks like Joella carries some or maybe all (?) of the Le Mieux line: http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/Le-Mieux-Skin-Care_bymfg_105-0-1.html
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
HI ALL,

My results after 2 weeks are impressive. I don't think you could drag this thing out of my hands now! Very Happy

My routine - I use the Le Mieux gel and go over face and neck 5 minutes with #2 which is all 3 (LED, US, Galvanic). Then I go to specific areas that need tightening or lifting a few minutes longer. Like: jawline.

Then wash off the gel and apply a great anti-aging serum and go back over all areas for a much shorter length of time to penetrate the serum. Spritz with Zia Toner if I need more slip. Leave on for rest of the day.

Bethany, thank you for your help! You posted that it takes how long for serum penetration? Was it 2 seconds? Can you repeat that info?

I am using Massage and Lift everywhere, but I do focus the majority Lifting program time a bit more heavily on the areas where I need the lift, and am definitely seeing results that way.

Which mode on the Sqoom is Lifting? On the RK that is Galvanic + Infrared (LED). Not US. Same?

Firming for RK is #4 - US only.

Which areas are you focusing on lifting?

The Le Mieux gel has HA and so does the serum I'm using.

Thank you Havana for the link. LOVE - LOVE - LOVE the 02 Calming Gel (made for Ultrasound) by Le Mieux. Will be buying much more!!!
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jae Blue,

Great to hear you are getting excellent results!

Are you seeing a reduction in fine lines as well as lifting/firming?

I am still undecided as to which device to purchase -(it's between the Merbe & the Beauly-Si - Slim) but need a bit more data before I make a decision.

As far as I can tell the Sqoom lifting function (if identical to the old Fyola/Merbe) is Galvanic (both + & - ions alternating) and US.

Curious what anti-aging serum you are using with the RK?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Bethany, thank you for your help! You posted that it takes how long for serum penetration? Was it 2 seconds? Can you repeat that info?

A video I saw showed them holding the device in one place for 2 seconds for the Nutrition (penetration) mode. But the Sqoom manual just says to do slow circles.

JaeBlue wrote:

Which mode on the Sqoom is Lifting? On the RK that is Galvanic + Infrared (LED). Not US. Same?

There is a Lifting mode on the Sqoom, and it is recommended that you use both galvanic and ultrasound combined at a Medium intensity level.

Here are all the modes for the Sqoom M1 and M2...it was interesting to see that they recommend some different programs around the eyes on the M2. I am going to have to look into that further.

Quote:

What is the difference between the individual SQOOM programmes?

SQOOM M1 offers a total of six programmes:

C (Cleansing) is used for the skin-deep cleaning and is only applied with cleanserGel, which was specially developed for this purpose.

M (Massage) executes a deeply effective massage. The tissue is strengthened by an optimised stimulation of the blood circulation, and it is also perfectly prepared for the following programmes.

N (Nutrition) delivers an 80% push and 20% pull on the skin with the primary aim of drawing active ingredients deep inside the skin.

L (Lifting) is a slightly stronger programme that works to reduce the small, visible wrinkles at the skin’s surface. A power programme for fast and short term success.

W (Whitening) has the priority of lightening the skin. This physical tuning is mainly applied to treat liver spots or age spots successfully in combination with our specially developed DeSpot Gel, and against acne in combination with SQOOM AK Gels.

W (Wrinkle Care) is our most gentle programme, especially used for sensitive skin and for babies and infants. Also for the treatment of sensitive and stressed skin during the first few treatments.

SQOOM M2 offers a total of seven programmes:

C (Cleansing) is used for the skin-deep cleaning and is only applied with the cleanserGel, which was specially developed for this purpose.

M (Massage) executes a deeply effective massage. The tissue is strengthened by an optimised stimulation of the blood circulation, and it is also perfectly prepared for the following programmes.

L (Lifting) is a slightly stronger programme that works to reduce the small, visible wrinkles at the skin’s surface. A power programme for fast and short term success.

W (Whitening) has the priority of lightening the skin. This physical tuning is mainly applied to treat liver spots or age spots successfully in combination with our specially developed DeSpot Gel, and against acne in combination with SQOOM AK Gels.

S (Sono / Ultrasound) provides ultrasound only without iontophoresis, for booster application.

I blue (Iontophoresis) especially for cleansing around your eyes.

I green (Iontophoresis) especially for applications around your eyes.

http://www.sqoom.com/en/meta/faq/

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Hi Jae Blue,

Great to hear you are getting excellent results!

Are you seeing a reduction in fine lines as well as lifting/firming?

I am still undecided as to which device to purchase -(it's between the Merbe & the Beauly-Si - Slim) but need a bit more data before I make a decision.

As far as I can tell the Sqoom lifting function (if identical to the old Fyola/Merbe) is Galvanic (both + & - ions alternating) and US.

Curious what anti-aging serum you are using with the RK?

Hi Cabrita,
Have you found a place that sells the Beauly-Si Slim and would you mind posting a link? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Cross posting from the Sqoom thread.

Here is a list of all the DIY sites that sell HA and the weights of the HA they sell. If anyone knows any others fell free to add to the list.

Lotion Crafters
HA- 1000kDA
SLMW HA- <50kDA (avg. batch is 17kDA)
ULMW HA- 3-5 kDA

Garden of Wisdom
HA- 1000 kDA

BulkActives
HA- 1,320 kDA
ULMW- 5kDA

Making Cosmetics
HA- 800-1200 kDA
SLMW- <50kDa

SkinActives
HA- doesn't state but says by definition molecular weight of HA is in the millions

Skin Essential Actives
HA- 1500kDa
SLMW- .10x10-6 I take this to mean to the power of 6 which would make it 100kDa

Sell HA but don't state the molecular weight

Ingredients to die for
The Personal formulator

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

But what functions are in each of all of these program modes?

I don't see that information?

Is one just US. Another US + LED? What are they?

Cabrita, to be honest I don't have a lot of wrinkles. Some laugh lines that I don't mind. I do have a few lip lines that bug me. Both of those seem to be reducing.

I mainly am using this for firming. Areas that bother me mainly from lips down to neck. Small lip lines, marionette lines (not too deep but there) and some looseness on jaw and under neck. That is what I'm looking at.

I will figure out in a week or so how to post some photos without my identity being out there!!! I've been very diligent to take photos. It's obvious.

BUT I CAUTION EVERYONE - do your homework. And I advise only buy a product you can return and that has a warranty. That's just smart, right?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
OH, I'm using the Quasar Anti-Aging Serum!

They confirmed that it's safe for US. I also use this with my LED.

Purified Water, Yeast Extract (Phyto Hyaluronic Acid 10%) Vegetable Glycerine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Argireline, Silk Amino Acid, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, PEG -40 Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea) Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Vitamin E Acetate, Ubiquinone (Co-Enzyme Q10), Phenoxyethanol (And) Caprylyl Glycol (And) Sorbic Acid
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here you go doodles - http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?pf=&pt=&f=0&fs=0&vm=2&sm=0&st=&tl=100939&k=beauly+ - You can get em with or without the gels. The gels actually look kinda interesting to me. Here's a link to the C & E gel ingredients (original one - new is supposedly better & ALOT more expensive!)

BTW they do not ship overseas so you have to use tenso.com to ship - not terribly pricey tho & the basic device is on sale till EOM.

I will post back when I hear (if) regarding the power issue. (the settings look very similar to Sq/Merbe & it has a titanium transducer & lithium ion battery) See here : http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beauly.co.jp%2F

Looking forward to seeing your photos Jae Blue!
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cabrita!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Not sure if this will help you, packratmack, but it looks like Joella carries some or maybe all (?) of the Le Mieux line: http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/Le-Mieux-Skin-Care_bymfg_105-0-1.html

Thank you havana8. I might call and see if I can order.

"Le Mieux Products are for JoElla Milan Enterprises existing clients only. Please call to order 866 568-8858 or pick up at studio ( Call first)"
havana8

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Thank you havana8. You have to call to order, but it may be worth a try.

"Le Mieux Products are for JoElla Milan Enterprises existing clients only. Please call to order 866 568-8858 or pick up at studio ( Call first)"

packratmack, if you log into your existing account first and then add to your cart, it seems to work. HTHs!

BTW, has anyone been able to post the ingredient deck for the Le Mieux O2 Calming Gel? or did I miss it somewhere?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
BTW, has anyone been able to post the ingredient deck for the Le Mieux O2 Calming Gel? or did I miss it somewhere?

I did? Somewhere I'm losing track. It's wonderful!!

Hang on >

Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Orange Blossom Floral Water, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Extract, White Tea Extract, Allantoin, German Chamomile, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Rhodiola Rosea (Golden Root) Extract, Argania Spinosa Leaf Extract, Cucumber Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Comfrey Extract, Carrageenan (Red Seaweed), Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Extract, French Clary Sage Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Vaccinium Myrtyllus (Bilberry) Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

packratmack, if you log into your existing account first and then add to your cart, it seems to work. HTHs!

Thank you again havana8. Smile I just placed an order. We'll see what happens.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Bethany,

But what functions are in each of all of these program modes?

I don't see that information?

Is one just US. Another US + LED? What are they?

Jae, the Sqoom/Merbe/Fyola devices offer 2 functions...US and galvanic (which can also be operated at the same time). While you can chose to run them separately, the stats we posted earlier show that penetration of the actives is much greater if you always use both at the same time. (And the only time you would not use both is if you wanted less deep penetration of actives)

So you select a mode like Massage, and the Ion and US functions....the Massage mode is programmed to do 50% pull and 50% push with the galvanic. The Nutrition does 80% push and 20% pull. Cleanse would do primarily pull.

You can see a pictorial detail below of each of the M1 functions via the arrows and ions.

The only exception to this is with the new Sqoom Booster gel...this is designed for penetration closer to the surface for immediate results lasting 24 hours, so they suggest turning off the Ultrasound and using only the galvanic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Here you go doodles - http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?pf=&pt=&f=0&fs=0&vm=2&sm=0&st=&tl=100939&k=beauly+ - You can get em with or without the gels. The gels actually look kinda interesting to me. Here's a link to the C & E gel ingredients (original one - new is supposedly better & ALOT more expensive!)

FYI that it looks like those are the gels they used in some of the research!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I wondered about that Bethany! I think I will order some even if I don't order the Beauly Si- Slim!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

The only exception to this is with the new Sqoom Booster gel...this is designed for penetration closer to the surface for immediate results lasting 24 hours, so they suggest turning off the Ultrasound and using only the galvanic.

With the RK the galvanic function cannot be applied separately. It's nice to have that option with the Fyola/Merbe. Guess it's not really a big deal since you want to use it with US for better product penetration. I guess if I wanted to only lightly penetrate something I would use the ultrasound setting. I also noticed from the above chart that three of the settings combine positive and negative ions. I wonder what the benefits of this are? The RK uses the positive and negative ions in separate functions. JaeBlue, this is what I was referring to when I said the Fyola seems to have more variations on the functions than the RK.

On the Fyola step 3 and 5 use the same functions. Steps 2,4,6 also use the same functions. Wonder why they chose to use separate settings for them. Is there something that makes them different from each other besides the products you use with them?

From the Dermaconcepts article.

http://www.dermaconcepts.com/documents/0000/0072/Treating_Damaged_Skin.pdf

"It is possible, maybe even highly desirable to treat skin with only one polarity."
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone tried this gel? Palacia EGF + Hyaluronic acid gel. Pricey, but it is 9oz.

http://www.amazon.com/Hyaluronic-Provides-anti-aging-stimulate-turnover/dp/B0027AHEF0/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1380260652&sr=8-19&keywords=Hyaluronic+gel

Contains Aloe, EGF and HA.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |