Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
If you use at home Ultrasound, which device, and results pls
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm still using but I got so crazy busy that I didn't even have 5 minutes to use this for a week. Back on it now - and will report.

Really love the Le Mieux Calming Gel - works great and the Zia toner spray.

Will come back in a week and report how it's all working! I took a photo after the 2nd week and improvement was there. Still testing this out though -
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking I may need to order some of that Calming gel!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

On the Fyola step 3 and 5 use the same functions. Steps 2,4,6 also use the same functions. Wonder why they chose to use separate settings for them. Is there something that makes them different from each other besides the products you use with them?

Pack, I am not sure what the differences are between 3 and 5, but I suspect one penetrates deeper than the other using different ultrasound programming. (Whitening most likely is deeper to impact melanin)

2 and 4 probably also use different ultrasound strengths, and I know that 6 is the weakest of all the programs and is for highly sensitive skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:10 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am thinking I may need to order some of that Calming gel!

Hi Bethany, it's really nice and it does calm the skin! Skin feels so soft afterwards! I think the bottle is going to last for a few months. I put some on my neck - do the neck. Put some on the bottom half of my face - do that. Then the top. It really glides!

I wish that I hadn't missed a week - but life sometimes gets in the way of beauty! Smile
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I saw these microcurrent/galvanic gels today online while surfing around. I don't know anything about the person selling them and she/he list some of the ingredients but not all of them. I haven't bought any of these but might be of interest to someone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A1CPTJSZEXAY6#/ref=sr_nr_p_4_0?me=A1CPTJSZEXAY6&rh=p_4%3AAgeless&ie=UTF8&qid=1380392798

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:49 am      Reply with quote
For the cleansing mode, if you don't own the company's (Rex Kara/Sqoom/Merbe) cleansing product, what do you use? Is the cleansing product actually just that?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Cora wrote:
For the cleansing mode, if you don't own the company's (Rex Kara/Sqoom/Merbe) cleansing product, what do you use? Is the cleansing product actually just that?

I used a Le Mieux cleanser that I bought. I only used the cleansing mode twice though because I felt it dried my skin out and I didn't like it? I don't have a cleanser that came with my Merbe so I'm not sure about your other question.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Smile
cmayes71
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased a 6 in 1 ultrasound device on ebay for 49.00. Do you think this is a good device? I didn't want to spend much money. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRASOUND-PHOTOREJUVENATION-GALVANIC-MICROCURRENT-GLOVES-6-in-1-ULTRASONIC-1MHz-/140890268185?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item20cdb6e219
cmayes71
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I received the ultrasound device from an ebay seller today. It arrived fast and was packaged very nicely. It looks very sturdy. It has an instruction booklet. For the money, it seems great. I have not had a chance to use it but am very impressed so far. I put a link in the previous post.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
OK Still using!

I've gotten 5 compliments on my skin in the last 48 hours. The last one was about an hour ago where she kept asking me over and over what I'm doing. And finally said "are you doing botox, you don't have one wrinkle".

So - I think this is really working and I'll tell you some of what I've noticed most. I have some wrinkles but very few, mainly when I smile and ugh a few lip lines which are both improving. BUT what's bothered me is skin starting to slacken. Want to keep my firmness. I do see a difference there! Right under my chin was a little bit of loose skin. Nothing major but as we all know - once it starts going south it keeps going! What I've noticed with this (and also with BQ MD LED light), is as it starts firming it actually is a little more noticeable. It looks a little plumber and firmer. BUT when this happens I usually stop. I think this time I'm going to forge forward and see how firm I can get it.

I've also noticed improvement to my skin texture. I had a few light brown sun spots that I'd tried TCA peels on and other things and they weren't budging. They're almost completely gone now. My skin looks really soft and silky.

I'm going to really take a good look at the results this week! Do some more photos and be really critical. But so far - the response I'm getting is pretty GREAT! There is nothing else new that I'm doing.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:36 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue - Thanks for the update. Would you mind posting your age category - under or over 50?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:35 am      Reply with quote
A tad over mid-50's! Cool

As I said, the biggest change I'm SEEING in the mirror is skin texture! But I think that there must be other changes that I'll need to see in objective photographs!

Something is causing people to notice - I'm not sure exactly why?! Last night a friend of mine wouldn't stop. Could also be that I've finally gotten some rest? - they got used to the tired version? Less stress, too. But I think it's more . . .

Definitely the skin under my chin is changing as is my neck. I almost wish that the RK also had a sole galvanic setting. I think that has as much to do with this as the US. So far - good stuff.

Will report mid-week! Want to keep it really objective and honest -
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:34 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue - what are the "tools" you use?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
There are 3 things that have actually truly worked for me. I've tried expensive treatments with doctors, none did much. But these have!

1. Dermarolling!

2. Baby Quasar MD LED Light

3. Just got - Rex Kara (Sqoom, Fyola, etc) Ultrasound/galvanic/led tool.

All of these have made big differences. My skin is better now in my mid-50's then in my 30's. Wink

The only issue really is gravity pulling down and that's what I'm trying the Rex Kara for!

Thank you for asking, Deb.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Need to add - that I had started face cupping a few months ago - but the process made me leery. It felt like I was pulling my skin . . . but I was starting to see some good improvements to marionette lines.

When I got the Rex Kara a few weeks ago - I stopped the cupping to give this a far shot.

I'm hoping to add the cupping back into my routine after this 30 day trial period is up for the RK. After that I can't return it so I wanted to just use this for 30 days to get a clear picture if it was working.

Cupping is very interesting IMO.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
OK had the time today, and realized that I started the Rex Kara on Sept. 9th so my 30 days is almost up.

I pulled up all of the photos I took - starting in July. Standing in same spot, same lighting.

The improvement is so clear. The areas I can see most are lip lines - nearly gone. Marionette lines - nearly gone. Neck skin - much firmer. Texture - big difference. Lips - slightly fuller.

Where I don't see improvement yet are upper eye lids - none. Also some spider vein around my nose, still there. But it's only been under one month of using and I skipped a few days last week.

What can I say - I'm VERY happy with this device and the improvements. VERY!!!

I'm loving this machine, I would recommend the Rex Kara - but I personally would only get a device where I have a 30 day return policy and warranty!! Which I got. Everyone's skin is different - you may not have these improvements. So be wise! Spend your money carefully.

This has been really a neat experiment - to see these improvements in only a few weeks really surprises me. I'm a "long hauler", never expect improvements for at least 6 months and am very patient. To see it this quickly - thumbs up.

I will think about posting photos - don't really like the idea of doing that on the internet. All I can report is that the compliments I've gotten this week have been constant, from different people and all really filled with !!!, to the point of asking me what I'm doing.

I don't what else to say - but I'm on board! Thank you everyone, and Bethany especially, for giving so much info - this forum is so amazing!!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
HI JaeBlue, how many times a week r u using your RK? TIA!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Daily.

I will eventually go to every other day. But had 30 days to decide whether to keep it . . .
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Someone emailed me to ask why I think I'm getting such good results!

To be really truthful - I think we have to start with good skin practices. My face and neck are already in good shape. I'm in my 50's, skin starts to lose it's firmness, that's life. I always wore sunscreen, my weight is slim, I've been careful with what I've done. I have issues but nothing that a filler or botox couldn't greatly improve. So - these tools for me are in place of that and adding firmness.

So - I'm not going from really big problems and expecting a huge miracle. Outside of a facelift - I think we have to have realistic expectations. Which is why I think it's important to start in our 30's.

There are definitely at-home DIY tools that WORK! Patience, IMO, is key and sticking with it.

I know that I'm not going to stick with anything too complicated so I choose easy, comfortable tools I know I'll use for the long haul. The Rex Kara and these other US devices are great for that.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jae Blue,

Great to hear of your results! I just got my Merbe (finally decided on this after MUCH research!) & I am hoping for good results as well. Very Happy I too am in my 50's so good to hear it is working for you.

I am curious tho what you have been using with it? Still the Quasar serum & Lemieux Calming Gel?

Also could you verify the settings you are using also? (I know we have different devices but I do think this could be helpful)

Thanks for posting your experience!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes using both of those along with the Zia Toning spray when I need more slip.

The setting I use is #2: LED + Galvanic + US. On Medium.

I don't think that the Merbe/Sqoom has LED.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Jae Blue! I will start with the Fyola gel for cleansing only & then use the Calming Gel for the massage & lifting settings for the 1st 2wks & see how I do. Then I may add some DIY Vit C (Mg Asc Phos) on the nutrient setting.

I tried the LeMieux Phyto Nutrient Cleansing Gel & had a nasty reaction to it & sent it back! (I think this product is WAY too strong for sensitive skin! Shock )
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I go over my skin with the Rex Kara, on #2, with the Calming gel thoroughly - that is my main treatment using the effects of all 3 modes.

Rinse that gel off then apply just the Anti-aging Quasar serum and spray Zia on top. I do that for a shorter period of time, to help it really sink in.

Then I leave that on my skin for the entire day!
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jaeblue,

really pleased you are getting results. would you say you have got any lifting from it, jowl area? and any wrinkle reduction? and how long are you using it for every day? I am looking into this one, but if its a lot of time investment I know I wont do it, as with everything else! thanks so much.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |