Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If you use at home Ultrasound, which device, and results pls
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Email sent, I will report what I hear back! Very Happy

Great... I know the SkinDream Titanium is a 1 Mhz and they are probably under a certain amount of scrutiny since they've been around longer. So I'm hopeful that regardless, it will be fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Email sent, I will report what I hear back! Very Happy

Great... I know the SkinDream Titanium is a 1 Mhz and they are probably under a certain amount of scrutiny since they've been around longer. So I'm hopeful that regardless, it will be fine.

I know "the controversy" is there, I have no desire to do damage to my face!
I was assured earlier that these are safe for the face, but I asked about the specifics of the MHz adjusting for facial use in this email. I will let you know, I am sure with the time difference it might be tomorrow before I get a response!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
DM-did u receive yr ultrasound?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:

No Deb,

They shipped out yesterday, so it will be at least a week! I promise to announce the arrival! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
DebM wrote:

No Deb,

They shipped out yesterday, so it will be at least a week! I promise to announce the arrival! Very Happy

Got mine today! It's very sturdy... much heavier than the 3 Mhz TIA one... seems well built and I like the bigger head size. Will test it out tomorrow since I already used the 3 Mhz this morning. Very Happy

ETA: The directions are practically non-existent so I'll be looking at other sites for increased info. But for this price point... I am impressed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
DebM wrote:

No Deb,

Got mine today! It's very sturdy... much heavier than the 3 Mhz TIA one... seems well built and I like the bigger head size. Will test it out tomorrow since I already used the 3 Mhz this morning. Very Happy

ETA: The directions are practically non-existent so I'll be looking at other sites for increased info. But for this price point... I am impressed!

I am jealous, but I am sure you ordered yours way before me!

I can't wait to hear what you think about this new one you have! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
DebM wrote:

No Deb,

Wow after it seemed to sit a while it moved fast, tracking shows it is at DHL in Ohio now! Laughing

You are correct it is 1MHz only, He responded quickly and assured me it is safe for the face. Water test! Laughing

Here is the link again for anyone interested:

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/410936/211469722/Ultrasonic-massager.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
If I end up ordering an ultrasound from aliexpress I am going to buy this too:

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/410936/211469722-542241489/Iron-nano-Facial-steamer-handheld-Ultrasonic-massager-Rechargeable-avalible-1-year-guarantee-.html

should be good, no?

Also, on aliexpress some ultrasounds are being marketed as a body slimming massager, so does it really melt fat or ....?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
If I end up ordering an ultrasound from aliexpress I am going to buy this too:

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/410936/211469722-542241489/Iron-nano-Facial-steamer-handheld-Ultrasonic-massager-Rechargeable-avalible-1-year-guarantee-.html

should be good, no?

Also, on aliexpress some ultrasounds are being marketed as a body slimming massager, so does it really melt fat or ....?

Mine showed up today so I played with it just a little bit.

It does have a face mode and a body mode, also there is an intensity setting from 1 to 8.

I have asked twice in emails to the seller about facial use and safety, and was assured if used on the face mode as per instructions (included) it is perfectly safe.
It also has a built in timer which beeps after 5 minutes (standard setting when turned on), can be set to 30, and shuts off when the time chosen is reached! Smile

I looked at the device you linked to also, but I have enough new gadgets right now! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DarkMoon.. and yes , you been on a gadget shopping spree! Wink and it's a good thing!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Thanks DarkMoon.. and yes , you been on a gadget shopping spree! Wink and it's a good thing!

LOL. Funny usually my spending sprees on "gadgets" are pc/mac related!

The tech in me gets the best of me when it comes to playing with computers! Laughing

I am enjoying my new beauty treats though! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I checked the cute little purple one and it also works just as described! Very Happy

I know I have to do the water test on both still but I am just not ready yet today! I will when the mood strikes! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon, what do you think of this device now that you've had it since May? worth it?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping this general ultrasound thread for Rapunzell so she can discuss various types of ultrasound devices and pick the best device for her needs!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
My personal recommendation...a unit with Galvanic AND Ultrasound for the following reasons.

This is an except from the original Fyola manual and shows the increased cleansing and penetration rates when you combine galvanic and ultrasound and use them together:

There are a number of devices that fit into this category such as the Fyola, Fyola Lite, Merbe, Sqoom, Beauly, etc. The key thing is that you must be able to use the galvanic and ultrasound at the SAME TIME.

This video is a great overview of how they work together:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azXkE1g9jq4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DazXkE1g9jq4

5% products discount

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this one:

it won't let me post links so put the www dot ebay dot com in front of this slash /itm/Photorejuvenation-3-color-3-MHz-Ultrasonic-Photon-LED-Light-Therapy-Ultrasound-/261103578320?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3ccafc6cd0

Just know this seller does not leave feedback from my experience. Good , bad or any.

I tried the LED first and it made a difference. Enough that I suckered and bought the Sirius Aurora and they work just the same! I thought maybe my knockoff wouldn't handle the job and the Aurora would be better. I was wrong.

Now for the ultrasound. I like it for my neck, it seems to slim things down. As far as the face, I don't like this unit for my face as I don't feel that it is toning, but taking away any plumpness I have. So I am not sold on the ultrasound yet. When I bought this the listing said 1-3 mhz ultrasound and that is what it says in my paperwork. It has low medium and high.

I ordered a microcurrent unit that will come sometime in the next month.

Also I want to add that I am using the ultrasound on the lowest setting. Maybe I will use it on my body to get rid of fat. Very Happy
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:26 am      Reply with quote
This device (made in Korea) also has a mode to use the galvanic and ultrasound at the same time.

Interesting, the mhz of the ultrasound of this device is of 1.7 mhz.

http://rexkara.de/shop/index.php?XTCsid=514d923baa244555d83b449ea514e23c
http://www.ahrong.com/eng/product/view.htm?category=001&goodsno=1142652

Brochure
http://www.rexkara.de/index.php/en/press-events-brochures/brochures-user-manuals

Company
http://www.ahrong.com/eng/company/about.htm

You can buy it from here
http://english.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_search/search_total.asp?selecturl=total&SearchClassFormWord=goodsSearch&keyword=rex+kara
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I was tempted by that one too Summer. It looks very good - Korean, all the right specs, and is super cute. In fact, if I hadn't got such a good deal on mine I would have bought it over the more expensive sqoom. Instead I bought the fyola/merbe/sqoom, which I have been using for months now and have been very happy with what it has done for my skin quality. I use my sqoom with any water soluble active serum or even mask kept moist with either water or (my favorite) rose water spray, and have found that any wrinkles I once had are a thing of the past. I did have parenthesis lines around my mouth, and they are completely gone, as in, not there AT ALL (and one side had been there for almost ten years). Now I have done two intense dermapen treatments also which I am incredibly thrilled with the results of, and I did concentrate on these lines, so I can't be sure how much of each device is responsible, but I believe the ultrasound has certainly increased the results I would have seen from the dermapen alone. Also, after doing one side of my face I have a much more fresh, open and less puffy appearance on the treated side, so I can see immediate results which keep the treatment rewarding.

I am glad people are catching on to this modality, as I do think it is helpful. The tissues get a very good massage and a lot of fresh blood supply (and of course plenty of this ATP we hear about), as well as stimulated lymph. Clearing out the congestion to allow fresh nutrition to cells I believe is key to a beautiful healthy complexion, and one that stays younger looking for longer. Of course manual massage is wonderful too, but this seems to be able to work more deeply and effectively than we can manually (which is why it is such an effective tool for physical therapists as well). I also love to use mine in massage mode on the back of my neck and shoulders.

I don't understand why others don't feel the differences between the modes, or don't feel the ultrasound working. I can completely tell the differences between the modes, and can even sense how deeply they are working. The massage and lifting modes in particular on the original sqoom model are deeply tissue warming. The device still feels cool, but your tissue gets warmed from within. Beautifully soothing.

I am starting reaura this week, so I am not sure how it is going to work, but I will find a way to make sure I can use sqoom at least a bit. I find it helps with swelling.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:53 am      Reply with quote
According to the "quick user guide" in the description this 3Mhz device also allows you to combine ultrasound and ion functions at the same time:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/251125419157?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

It was mentioned on EDS before and apparently corresponds to the Ultra-renew Plus sold on TIA.

Probably not as sophisticated as the Sqoom/Merbe (which is 1Mhz anyway) but still ...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
This is the new version of the Fyola - the Fyola Lite.

http://www.fyola.com/facialtreatment/what-fyola-lite.shtml

It's $249.00 but you can buy it on Ebay for $189.00 (or offer).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
I was tempted by that one too Summer. It looks very good - Korean, all the right specs, and is super cute. In fact, if I hadn't got such a good deal on mine I would have bought it over the more expensive sqoom. Instead I bought the fyola/merbe/sqoom, which I have been using for months now and have been very happy with what it has done for my skin quality.

Thanks Bethany and Idealist for linking to this thread!

Idealist, can you explain why you would have chosen this over the Fyola if you'd found them for the same price?

I'm still sold on the Merbe, but that's mostly because of the marketing (I admit, I'm a sucker for marketing) and because I feel like I know more about it thanks to all the users sharing their experiences. The Sqoom (Merbe) has an extensive website in English, too, which does also influence my decision... but maybe that also boils down to marketing.

What is it about this device that you like?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am a sucker for Korean devices. The merbe is also Korean, but this device is just generally better priced for what you get. Sqoom's with the titanium head go for hundreds, whereas you can get the Rex Kara with the same features including titanium head for 150-190 for the latest version (fyola is stainless steel, which is fine, but to get an idea of what you get for your money). Korean skin care devices tend to be very well researched and made. I like the design on the RK and think the head is potentially a better shape. That is the only thing that slightly bothers me about the merbe - the edges of the treatment head could be rounder. Also, the RK allows you to use LED if you like when treating, which may or may not be a plus to some people.

Really when it comes down to it I would buy whichever was the better price (which is what I did). I think both would work equally well.

Really I bought this up for those looking for and considering one of the Chinese devices because they feel they cannot afford the Merbe or Sqoom options. I would most certainly instead buy the cheaper RK (Punic) which can be had for $119. However I would also consider the RK11 which you can buy for $190 as definitely comparable to the fyola/merbe, and potentially better due to the upgraded features the sqoom has such as the titanium head. They have done some nice little studies too. Actually, probably just as much as Sqoom have done except theirs are more product dependent.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that I recently emailed Lotts who makes the Sqoom, Merbe, and the Fyola in hopes of getting more details on the spec differences. Unfortunately I have not yet heard back from them yet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
FYI - My DH advises against purchase of any corded galvanic devices. If there is a circuitry malfunction this is potentially hazardous! Shock Shock Shock
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
From page 3 of the Rex Kara II brochure:

TREATMENT OF PROBLEM AREAS
Strengthens the skin from the inside,
reduces annoying fat pads and smoothes dents and waves (cellulite)

and page 12:

... At the same time, the production of collagen and elastin is stimulated, the fat cell volume is reduced and the connective tissue is strengthened.

This terrifies me Shock

Karenlee has used her sqoom for 2 years and has noticed no loss of facial fat, and that makes me feel a bit better about the Merbe/Sqoom.

If it weren't for that one line, I would probably spring for the Rex Kara.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |