Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

REVIEW: ReLuma Skin Illuminating Anti Age Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
anyone can answer this, but DM or Riley you prob know this off the top of your head, Does Re Luma have Retinol in it already, it is the only thing I am thinking of adding, since all scream we need it.

I did find at target today Neutrogena has a new serum with what they claim highest retinol, gulcose complex and ha in it. It would be a cheap add on for 19.00, if it has all the stuff this doesn't.

Any thoughts?

right now I have not added anything
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I don't "think" it contains A, tiny. I did find this on the FAQ's on the Reluma site:

Does ReLuma work with other skin care products?

The use of Reluma with AHAs, BHAs, or antioxidant products is highly recommended, and the combination of these products may enhance skin rejuvenation.

I think if you want to add a product with A, you could based on the above statement on their site, but you may want to write to them to be on the safe side?
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I don't "think" it contains A, tiny. I did find this on the FAQ's on the Reluma site:

The use of Reluma with AHAs, BHAs, or antioxidant products is highly recommended, and the combination of these products may enhance skin rejuvenation.

I think if you want to add a product with A, you could based on the above statement on their site, but you may want to write to them to be on the safe side?

Thank you so much, Ok I will def add an A! Sandooch said this Neutrogena is not good..so off to search, she suggested Roc
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny - you've mentioned Bushy's impressive results from using this product a couple of times, but I thought she was currently usig the ISCO stemcell line. Have I missed something? I admit that I've only just skimmed through this thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny - you've mentioned Bushy's impressive results from using this product a couple of times, but I thought she was currently usig the ISCO stemcell line. Have I missed something? I admit that I've only just skimmed through this thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I've always known she was using ISCO, I thought I kept mentioning that, or at least saying this ingredient, but no one that I know of has used this line with these ingredients. Sorry I did not mention it last time, my brain thinks all know. I will make sure I add that in future, but she is one who I know has used ISCO for over a year with fantastic results, which is what I think we'd all love, hell I'll settle for half that
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I don't "think" it contains A, tiny. I did find this on the FAQ's on the Reluma site: Question

I am still using my LAA in the AM and RA in the evening?
Here are the ingredients from page one but will post again:

Serum:
Ingredients: Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Dl-panthenol, Hydroxy Ethyl Cellulose, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Water.

Cream:
Featured Ingredients:

Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media-Provides a therapeutic application of growth factors, and cytokines secreted from Human Adult Stem Cells. It is safe, non-toxic, and causes no irritation to the skin. With TGF-b (transforming growth factor-beta) to stimulate fibroblast cell growth, in the presence of PDGF (platelet derived growth factor) and excellent quantity of Vitamins, Amino Acids, and Minerals, it increases collagen, elastin, and other matrix protein production to help improve texture, and thickness of skin.
Cetearyl Olivate/Sorbitant Olivate- Derived from olives. It's moisturizing and nourishing.
Squalane - Derived from Olives. It mimics the natural oils of our skin and prevents aging. In addition, it nourishes the skin with important nutrients, eliminates roughness and dryness on outer skin.
Camellia Sinesis Extract - Green tea extract contains high levels of polyphenols and is also a rich source of EGCG (an antioxidant), that's over 200 times more potent than Vitamin E in fighting free radicals and peroxidation. Is anti-bacterial and anti aging, anti-cancer.
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate - Vitamin C oily(an antioxidant) increases collagen levels, reduce melanin production, brighten skin, and repair the effects of UV exposure and other environmental damage from free radical.
Co-Enzyme Q10 - it is an antioxidant that helps neutralize harmful free radicals, one of the causes of aging
Grapefruit Seed Extract: Used as a preservative, this extract is a natural antioxidant.
Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 - Argireline® has six amino acid peptides in a chain and simply keeps down the release of a neural signal protein (catecholamine) and thus, prevents the muscle contraction involved in facial expressions. It does this without paralysis, allowing natural expression and movement in the target area while relaxing the muscle that is causing the wrinkle. With constant use, the skin smoothes and the repetitive motion of wrinkles are ultimately reduced.
Leuphasyl® (Pentapeptide-1Cool - is a modified enkephalin that couples to the enkephali receptor, outside of nerve cells which in turn close calcium channels and consequently inhibiting acetylcholine release and attenuate muscle contraction and reduce expression line wrinkles.
HYALURONIC ACID MICROSPHERES (Hyaluronic Filling SpheresTM) - This plumping ingredient is composed of high and low molecular weight dehydrated hyaluronic acid (HA) microspheres which are able to rapidly penetrate the skin. Once the spheres come in contact with the skin's natural water sources (TEWL), the HA takes up this water and the spheres swell, creating volume and filling in wrinkle.
Allantoin: A botanical extract of the comfrey plant, Allantoin is a natural-identical, non-toxic moisturizer that promotes the health of the outer dermal layer.

Cleanser:
Ingredients: Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Decyl Glucosides, Cocamide Propyl Betaine, Sodium PCA, Quillaya Saponin, Calendular Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Capylyl Glycol, Distilled Water

http://www.cellvitals.com/stem-cell-skin-care/anti-aging-essentials-trio-1

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM, I was being cautious and thought perhaps you knew off top of your head, wanted to make sure I had not miss-read it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Thanks DM, I was being cautious and thought perhaps you knew off top of your head, wanted to make sure I had not miss-read it.

There is the Tetra C in this, but no retinol, you could get the Green Cream #9 (9%) right from EDS if you want a fairly strong retinol?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
For any wanting a start with abstracts to read on Adipose Stem Cell Media I posted a few of many abstracts on the other ReLuma thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45705&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=100

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
LOL. I think you 3 have covered all areas I am looking for improvement in! Thank you DM, loopy, and tiny! I appreciate that you are actually working on improving something rather than just maintaining already good skin. It makes a difference to me as I have things I am working on also! Definitely looking forward to reading reviews from you all after you have used it for a time!

You can count on an unbiased report from me on the products, I never have many things that "blow my socks off"! I have to see some real improvement to say wow this really is doing something for my issues! Smile

I trust we will get the same from the other "Guinea Pigs" using this! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:15 am      Reply with quote
I will be telling the truth when I post my thoughts and results or lack of them. Angel

I do not work for the company. I am not a phony character invented by the company to post fabulous reviews. Wink

I do not want people wasting their money or time. I do want it to work for me but if it doesn't I will move on.

I think we are an honest little tester group here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Count me in on unbiased too! I do not care if this works, I want it too, but it won't hurt my feelings or my bottom line if it doesn't!

It will just mean off to plan C, have no idea on that yet lmao!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Count me in on unbiased too! I do not care if this works, I want it too, but it won't hurt my feelings or my bottom line if it doesn't!

It will just mean off to plan C, have no idea on that yet lmao!

None of us are betting on this horse race, not selling anything. It either works or not and if it does then I am going to stick with it, if not on to something else. I don't know what yet, I do know what it won't be! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Hey dont forget me Bad Grin

If it dont work Im not spouting forth its greatness Laughing

Cant wait for ti arrive but it may be a little while for me to post as DH is coming home in a few mins Laughing

So I have the glad rags on and the makeup and perfume Confused Cool Laughing Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
TeeHEE

See You soon Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:

Cant wait for ti arrive but it may be a little while for me to post as DH is coming home in a few mins Laughing

So I have the glad rags on and the makeup and perfume Confused Cool Laughing Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
TeeHEE

See You soon Cool

Enjoy, we'll miss ya!!! Cool I say put dust all over you, have all cleaning products out and look exhuausted! I get a great dinner that way Shock Hope hubby never reads this
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:

TeeHEE

See You soon Cool

Enjoy Sylvia, wear some "pretty" lingerie!

We would never leave you out of the truthful review club, pinkie swear! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:27 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:

TeeHEE

See You soon Cool

How could we forget you. Very Happy
You have a fantastic time with hubby. Hopefully yours and mine will arrive soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I guess we will just be the FOUR MUSKETEERS until anyone else decides to join in on the party! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I noticed on another thread, product, someone say, "I am joining this club", I hope everyone knows this is NOT a War, or a contest at all. I got on this product because of the reviews all over the place (not eds, just anywhere you google) that were very positive, and quick results, at least the start of results, were within the first month and so on. Then I saw a sales price, that I think might actually be a long standing trio pice, but not totally sure on that. So the price and the reviews started my purchase! I gave everyone a complete platform on this prodcut before I purchased to let me know what they thought, nothing on the other thread convinced me this was not a fantastic product. Now I will probably be told that I am taking that statement out of context, and if so, then I am glad I have, I think everyone should know this is not a competition. All should feel free to post what they like or dislike and not feel they have to be in any boot camp.

I am posting this because of a few pm's and statements, so all know I am just trying to find a good product, nothing more, nothing less. I do NOT work for ReLuma or make a dime if this works or doesn't. In fact this is costing all of us a decent amount of money.

I think the few of us on this have been asked what we expect and we have agreed to be honest, and give reviews regarding what we see, not what we want too see.

To let this become a competition between a different product defeats the purpose. So just stating that is not my intention, goal or desire. If this product does not deliver, then I for one and few others have stated, we will move onto to a different one, they seem to be in the works all over the place!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I noticed on another thread, product, someone say, "I am joining this club", I hope everyone knows this is NOT a War, or a contest at all. I got on this product because of the reviews all over the place (not eds, just anywhere you google) that were very positive, and quick results, at least the start of results, were within the first month and so on. Then I saw a sales price, that I think might actually be a long standing trio pice, but not totally sure on that. So the price and the reviews started my purchase! I gave everyone a complete platform on this prodcut before I purchased to let me know what they thought, nothing on the other thread convinced me this was not a fantastic product. Now I will probably be told that I am taking that statement out of context, and if so, then I am glad I have, I think everyone should know this is not a competition. All should feel free to post what they like or dislike and not feel they have to be in any boot camp.

I am posting this because of a few pm's and statements, so all know I am just trying to find a good product, nothing more, nothing less. I do NOT work for ReLuma or make a dime if this works or doesn't. In fact this is costing all of us a decent amount of money.

I think the few of us on this have been asked what we expect and we have agreed to be honest, and give reviews regarding what we see, not what we want too see.

To let this become a competition between a different product defeats the purpose. So just stating that is not my intention, goal or desire. If this product does not deliver, then I for one and few others have stated, we will move onto to a different one, they seem to be in the works all over the place!

Exactly! Well said Tiny!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ok update, I am now on day 19, and 2 days ago I noticed the crows feet area on left eye, where I had the grooves, I had 3 distinct lines, like a chickens foot, 2 days ago I was stunned to only be able to see 2 of the 3 lines, one is GONE! This morning I thought a second line was gone, so I went outside in sunlight to check, and while I can see it faintly, and I mean faintly, its almost gone.

Now when I smile, they are still there, but when I am relaxed 1 is totally gone, another basically gone and the 3rd is a lot less noticeable! My upper eyelids are just better, not sure if lifted (mine were not hooded but were aging), but eye is more open and smoother!

While I am thrilled with the eye results I am wanting the mouth lines to follow suit, while less noticeable, they are still there. And this is the area I am more concerned over, than the eyes.

The left eye area I lived with for so many years it really didn't bother me much, but to see it is going away is nice! I could always hide this area with makeup, until about 6 months ago, when they became deeper.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
well if UPS have not really lost my package (when I checked tracking number, it said UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later. )
So I will give them until Monday then I gonna cry down the phone.
Anyway I am still waiting to see if this stuff works for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Ok update, I am now on day 19, and 2 days ago I noticed the crows feet area on left eye, where I had the grooves, I had 3 distinct lines, like a chickens foot, 2 days ago I was stunned to only be able to see 2 of the 3 lines, one is GONE! This morning I thought a second line was gone, so I went outside in sunlight to check, and while I can see it faintly, and I mean faintly, its almost gone.

Now when I smile, they are still there, but when I am relaxed 1 is totally gone, another basically gone and the 3rd is a lot less noticeable! My upper eyelids are just better, not sure if lifted (mine were not hooded but were aging), but eye is more open and smoother!

While I am thrilled with the eye results I am wanting the mouth lines to follow suit, while less noticeable, they are still there. And this is the area I am more concerned over, than the eyes.

The left eye area I lived with for so many years it really didn't bother me much, but to see it is going away is nice! I could always hide this area with makeup, until about 6 months ago, when they became deeper.

Thanks Tiny,

You give me a ton of hope that I will see more than expected (I am a jaded skeptic)!

I am loving the products so far and still have had not a drop of irritation using all the products around my eyes! Shock Shock

I can say at this early stage that I like how my skin is looking, better over all just can't pinpoint any specifics yet! I hate to be cliche but my skin is glowing, and has a younger look in general! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
thats how I felt about upper eye lids, can't explain what I am seeing, it just is BETTER!

Funny I wasn't even thinking about these results at all, I want around mouth and sides lmao, so this is a bonus! Now I do see why all the eye cream reviews are so glowing!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |