Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
REVIEW: ReLuma Skin Illuminating Anti Age Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have been on this product now for about 24-25 days, bad at counting Laughing !

While I do not see anymore lines going poof, I am definitely seeing more softening of lines. The lip lines (uggggggggggg) are softer, wish they'd be out of my life for good, but I can't say they are, they are lighter though! That's a start.

My skin loves this stuff, I can't put my finger on exactly what I am seeing, its firmer, just better! I know that's an awful review, but I can see stuff, but nothing I can name yet.

The eye areas are still looking great, lids smoother, no grooves still!

I've used about 1/3rd of bottle of serum at this point, maybe a wee bit more, I have on several occassions used too much.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I have been on this product now for about 24-25 days, bad at counting Laughing !

While I do not see anymore lines going poof, I am definitely seeing more softening of lines. The lip lines (uggggggggggg) are softer, wish they'd be out of my life for good, but I can't say they are, they are lighter though! That's a start.

My skin loves this stuff, I can't put my finger on exactly what I am seeing, its firmer, just better! I know that's an awful review, but I can see stuff, but nothing I can name yet.

I've used about 1/3rd of bottle of serum at this point, maybe a wee bit more, I have on several occassions used too much.

It is an honest review, I want to see SOMETHING in the first month, but I am realistic that major results take months to see! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

I also forgot to add, I mentioned this on another thread, but, I smear this serum all over my face, eyes, eyelids, ect. Therefore its getting on my lashes! and wow my lashes are lovingggggggggg this stuff, they are longer and look alot better when I apply mascara then they did prior to using this product!

Also I am not using any eyelash growth products, so it can only be this, they do make hair growth products as well. DM is using the lash serum, but I am using this serum as one, without meanging too LMAO!!

and since lash serums are rather costly, I feel like I am more than getting my moneys worth on the serum, a 2 fer!! lmao Wink
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny....thank you for the update. I like it. What you're experiencing with your lashes is exactly what I experience with my La Mer. I know CDLM does not contain any anti-aging actives or ingredients. I use it for the intense hydration. However, there is something with this cream that makes my eyelashes thicker. I've used it long enough to know it's not my imagination. So, I know the serum is working for you in that respect as well. Isn't it just wonderful?!!

Now, maybe I missed it, tiny, but are you also using the cream or just serum?
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Tiny....thank you for the update. I like it. What you're experiencing with your lashes is exactly what I experience with my La Mer. I know CDLM does not contain any anti-aging actives or ingredients. I use it for the intense hydration. However, there is something with this cream that makes my eyelashes thicker. I've used it long enough to know it's not my imagination. So, I know the serum is working for you in that respect as well. Isn't it just wonderful?!!

I am using the serum and the cream, but not the eyecream, I am just using the cream as an eyecream. I am with you on using a heavier cream off and on, I've done that for ages, even La Mer! So I understand how it does help even the lashes too! This is a bit more help than that, and faster, if that makes any sense!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

I would bet it is the algae in the CDLM that is also helping your lashes leelee, I know some swear by SKB and or Seaemolient for help with thinning hair!

I am using the serum and the cream on my lids and the lash serum from ReLuma, if my results mimic Tiny's I will be trimming lashes! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Tiny and Dark Moon. When I purchase I will definitely get the serum and the cream. Perhaps the eye cream. I will think about that. If I feel like I don't have enough moisture I always have a jar of CDLM on hand.

Dark Moon, I think you are right about the algae making the lashes thicker. I look at the ingredients and I just don't see anything else that can be responsible for thicker lashes. I am waiting for your report about the lash serum. It sounds so promising!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:22 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Thank you, Tiny and Dark Moon. When I purchase I will definitely get the serum and the cream. Perhaps the eye cream. I will think about that. If I feel like I don't have enough moisture I always have a jar of CDLM on hand.

Dark Moon, I think you are right about the algae making the lashes thicker. I look at the ingredients and I just don't see anything else that can be responsible for thicker lashes. I am waiting for your report about the lash serum. It sounds so promising!!

I really do believe it is the algae in there! Very Happy

I am doing as Tiny with the serum and cream plus the lash serum so I will let you know as soon as I see growth I know my lashes feel conditioned and silky not at all dry or brittle! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't want to put a damper on things here, but if this stuff makes your eyelashes thicker,
won't it make any facial hairs more noticeable?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
I don't want to put a damper on things here, but if this stuff makes your eyelashes thicker,

It has not so far, I think the serum and cream do have different formulas than the lash serum.

People ask the same about CP's yet I don't see many happy users complaining of excess hair on the face!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:

No lmao! eyelash serums do not grow hair on your eyelids or cheeks either, and the eyelash serum definately migrates when you apply it. It always gets on your lids and we have NEVER heard of anyone sprouting lashes in their eyelid crease!

I can happily report, no extra hair growth anywhere on my face!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Holmes wrote:

No lmao! eyelash serums do not grow hair on your eyelids or cheeks either, and the eyelash serum definately migrates when you apply it. It always gets on your lids and we have NEVER heard of anyone sprouting lashes in their eyelid crease!

I think that is an excellent question. When I was using the GHK CP (Skinbio), I got excellent eyelash growth from that serum. However, I also got lovely facial hair growth, as well, which I did not appreciate! So, why would this grow hair only in a particular place on ones face?
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:58 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Holmes wrote:

I think that is an excellent question. When I was using the GHK CP (Skinbio), I got excellent eyelash growth from that serum. However, I also got lovely facial hair growth, as well, which I did not appreciate! So, why would this grow hair only in a particular place on ones face?

Well it is a good question, I never said otherwise, but one thats been asked on lash serums as well. The answers I've read is what I said (I'd have to go back thru tons of thread to find it again, but I wrote from memory). The only time I've ever had facial hair growth issues is when I was on a steriod (my peach fuzz got longer, but no new hair in other places). Otherwise I have never had unwanted hair growth with a product and I can say at least at this point and time I have no hair growth on face at all.

If a man, perhaps he would have a thicker growth, don't know. But then again I believe I read we don't gain new follicles either, so maybe faster growth rather than thicker!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Holmes wrote:

Well it is a good question, I never said otherwise, but one thats been asked on lash serums as well. The answers I've read is what I said (I'd have to go back thru tons of thread to find it again, but I wrote from memory). The only time I've ever had facial hair growth issues is when I was on a steriod (my peach fuzz got longer, but no new hair in other places).

I thought that she was asking about the Reluma Serum, not the Eyelash product. I just would think it if could affect ones eyelashes, it could affect the peach fuzz on the face (which, again, is what the CP GHK serum did to me). I probably worded it incorrectly in my last post, but I do believe that in some individuals it definitely Could make ones own facial hair more noticeable! I am glad it has not for you, tiny, but there is a possibility that it could for some!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:07 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Holmes wrote:

I did not have thicker or longer facial hairs during the aprox. year of CP usage either Riley? so far none on my face with this, and I have the joy of a few evil chin hairs post meno so I would notice if the dreaded things increased! Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Holmes wrote:

Well it is a good question, I never said otherwise, but one thats been asked on lash serums as well. The answers I've read is what I said (I'd have to go back thru tons of thread to find it again, but I wrote from memory). The only time I've ever had facial hair growth issues is when I was on a steriod (my peach fuzz got longer, but no new hair in other places).

I thought that she was asking about the Reluma Serum, not the Eyelash product. I just would think it if could affect ones eyelashes, it could affect the peach fuzz on the face (which, again, is what the CP GHK serum did to me). I probably worded it incorrectly in my last post, but I do believe that in some individuals it definitely Could make ones own facial hair more noticeable! I am glad it has not for you, tiny, but there is a possibility that it could for some!

well maybe, not ever going to say no, but I do know its the same stuff (all mixed a bit diff) as ISCO, or I think it is, there have been long term users of that product and I do not read anywhere saying hair growth. But your right everyone reacts differently to different products.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Holmes wrote:

well maybe, not ever going to say no, but I do know its the same stuff (all mixed a bit diff) as ISCO, or I think it is, there have been long term users of that product and I do not read anywhere saying hair growth. But your right everyone reacts differently to different products.

I recall ONE user of Lumagen or Latisse (can't recall it has been a while) who managed to have one spot of hairs sprout out on just one cheek, but she just chose to pluck those.

We all do react uniquely to ingredients/formulas! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if Reluma is pregnancy safe? If it is, I may get the serum too. (I only know that Lifeline says yes but I didn't get on with it and Cellese is a huge "don't know because of the Retinol.)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Does anyone know if Reluma is pregnancy safe? If it is, I may get the serum too. (I only know that Lifeline says yes but I didn't get on with it and Cellese is a huge "don't know because of the Retinol.)

It has Tetra C but no retinol as I recall, let me find the ingredient list WW! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients on the serum and cream:

ReLuma Skin Illuminating Anti-Aging Serum 20 ml:
Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Water, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, DL-Panthenol, Hydroxy Ethyl Cellulose, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol.

ReLuma Moisturizer 30 ml
Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Cetearyl Olivate, Sodium Olivate, Caprilic Capric Triglycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Jojoba Ester, Sodium L-Pyrrolidone Carboxylate, Sodium Lactate, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, L-Phenylamine, Silica, Vitamin E Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Hyaluronic Acid, Coenzyme Q-10, Methylisothiazolinone and Caprylyl Glycol, Water

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I did not have thicker or longer facial hairs during the aprox. year of CP usage either Riley? so far none on my face with this, and I have the joy of a few evil chin hairs post meno so I would notice if the dreaded things increased! Question

Not everyone does, but there have been others besides myself that noticed the increased peach fuzz with the CP's. All I am getting at here is that if the serum can increase lash growth, then it should also be able to increase the peach fuzz if a person is prone to that.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
but I do know its the same stuff (all mixed a bit diff) as ISCO, or I think it is, there have been long term users of that product and I do not read anywhere saying hair growth. But your right everyone reacts differently to different products.

I actually think ISCO is in a class all by itself. It is not using conditioned media like Reluma and AnteAGE, it uses the lysed cell.

Sorry all, last post from me on this, as I did not mean to highjack this thread at all. I just thought the question regarding the hair was a very valid question. Back to your regularly scheduled thread! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Not everyone does, but there have been others besides myself that noticed the increased peach fuzz with the CP's. All I am getting at here is that if the serum can increase lash growth, then it should also be able to increase the peach fuzz if a person is prone to that.

Agree,

And maybe it is just conditioning Tiny's lashes. I don't know at this point as 10 days of the lash serum I know is too early to see results! Maybe with a very sophisticated caliber?

I was not trying to imply that only you have had that issue with CP's! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Agree,

And maybe it is just conditioning Tiny's lashes. I don't know at this point as 10 days of the lash serum I know is too early to see results! Maybe with a very sophisticated caliber?

I was not trying to imply that only you have had that issue with CP's! Smile

I would agree with DM, perhaps just very conditioned, I am not needing to trim my lashes by any stretch of the imagination! I've used lash growth products and this is NOT doing that! I actually have great lashes to start with, just very light without mascara (non existent visually) But when I do my make-up and add mascara they look fabulous! is that a combo of eye smoother, lines less, lashes conditioned, probably!

As LeeLee said even La Mer makes her lashes NICER, thats what I am seeing.

I will be the first to scream hairy face if I start getting one Shock I really do NOT want that result. This is also NOT a brand new product there are reviews if one googles, I re-looked today, I could not find anyone saying they had hair issues after using this.

Honestly I know its kinda hornets nest on this cytokine, that cytokine, this product that product! If this one does not work, so be it, I do not make a dime if it does or doesn't, I will happily say ok, this is NOT doing it for me, next!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:
but I do know its the same stuff (all mixed a bit diff) as ISCO, or I think it is, there have been long term users of that product and I do not read anywhere saying hair growth. But your right everyone reacts differently to different products.

I actually think ISCO is in a class all by itself. It is not using conditioned media like Reluma and AnteAGE, it uses the lysed cell.

Sorry all, last post from me on this, as I did not mean to highjack this thread at all. I just thought the question regarding the hair was a very valid question. Back to your regularly scheduled thread! Laughing

I think you are making a very valid point. In theory if it can increase one hair it should therefore be able to increase more. I don't have my reluma yet so I cannot say if this will happen to me.
I hope my eyelaashes grow but no face hair.I expect there is a scientific explanation but honestly I don't want to know what it is.
personally I think it is an important enough issue to warrant its own thread. Not just the reluma but all the stuff that can increase hair growth.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |