Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
REVIEW: ReLuma Skin Illuminating Anti Age Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
My educated guess on this is a case of well conditioned lashes just like hair on the head will grow better.

What the difference in the lash serum is I would have to email that question to Cell Vitals where I purchased it!

Still no package lori, darn it!

ETA: I still plan on a thread for the lash serum and any that may use the hair products they also sell. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Since I really can not answer certain questions that have been asked, here is the link to Re Luma's site:

http://invitrxtherapeutics.squarespace.com/reluma/

Their founder:

Habib Torfi Founder, Chairman and CEO. Before founding Invitrx in Irvine, CA back in 2003; he directed the Laboratory of Regenerative Bioengineering and Repair for the Department of Surgery at UCLA from 1998-2001. The laboratory goal was discovering and developing proprietary, cell-based therapeutics utilizing adult stem cells derived from adipose tissue. Mr. Torfi was the director of Epithelial Autograft Facility at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, California
Epithelial Autograft Facility provided three dimensional tissue engineered skin and cornea for burn, diabetic leg ulcer and patients with ocular surface disorders. Mr. Torfi holds an Undergraduate degree in Microbiology and a graduate degree in Human genetics. He is licensed as a clinical scientist in state of California. Mr. Torfi has published numerous papers and holds several patents in stem cell and bioengineering field.

Hope this helps with anyones questions
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Since I really can not answer certain questions that have been asked, here is the link to Re Luma's site:

http://invitrxtherapeutics.squarespace.com/reluma/

Their founder:

Habib Torfi Founder, Chairman and CEO. Before founding Invitrx in Irvine, CA back in 2003; he directed the Laboratory of Regenerative Bioengineering and Repair for the Department of Surgery at UCLA from 1998-2001. The laboratory goal was discovering and developing proprietary, cell-based therapeutics utilizing adult stem cells derived from adipose tissue. Mr. Torfi was the director of Epithelial Autograft Facility at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, California
Epithelial Autograft Facility provided three dimensional tissue engineered skin and cornea for burn, diabetic leg ulcer and patients with ocular surface disorders. Mr. Torfi holds an Undergraduate degree in Microbiology and a graduate degree in Human genetics. He is licensed as a clinical scientist in state of California. Mr. Torfi has published numerous papers and holds several patents in stem cell and bioengineering field.

Hope this helps with anyones questions

Thanks for posting this Tiny great to have the information, and his credentials on the thread! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Before we move on I would just like to clear up this point: - my question about facial hair growth concerned the Reluma Serum and Cream, not the Eyelash Serum.
H.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Before we move on I would just like to clear up this point: - my question about facial hair growth concerned the Reluma Serum and Cream, not the Eyelash Serum.
H.

We realize that Holmes, Smile

I am the only one using the lash serum, and if I see hair sprouting on my face from the facial serum and cream I will be the first screaming about that side effect! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:
Tiny....thank you for the update. I like it. What you're experiencing with your lashes is exactly what I experience with my La Mer. I know CDLM does not contain any anti-aging actives or ingredients. I use it for the intense hydration. However, there is something with this cream that makes my eyelashes thicker. I've used it long enough to know it's not my imagination. So, I know the serum is working for you in that respect as well. Isn't it just wonderful?!!

Now, maybe I missed it, tiny, but are you also using the cream or just serum?

I am using the serum and the cream, but not the eyecream, I am just using the cream as an eyecream. I am with you on using a heavier cream off and on, I've done that for ages, even La Mer! So I understand how it does help even the lashes too! This is a bit more help than that, and faster, if that makes any sense!

Hi Holmes,

My lashes are NOT growing like with a lash serum. I have used those in the past and my lashes get ridiculously long with them. Without makeup my lashes look the same to me, but when I apply mascara, they look longer, better! Am I growing lashes that I need to trim, NO I am not. They could just be getting healthier. I could be noticing no breakage, therefore no shorter hairs, just better looking lashes.

I put a link a few posts above to their website, it shows their science, their board of adviser's, their labs, and their products. Perhaps you could go look around and see if they have any information that would concern you. I would assume you could contact them as well to make super duper double sure! I am with you, I do not want hair anywhere other than were I already have it Laughing !!

I am almost a month into using this, and I have not had any "hair" issues at all. I only use their serum, their cream and their cleanser!

I hope this helps, I can only suggest you contact them to make sure.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
It was brought up on another thread, that how one uses a product, with other products can effect the results! Well I do agree with that. So I just want to make sure all know I am using the PMD with this.

I do notice my "freckling" which isn't so cute as I am aging, getting less and less, I attribute this to the PMD, the lightening is faster since adding the serum. So the serum is making a difference, but I cannot attribute all of it or even most to the serum alone. The lessening of lines I must contribute to both as well. I must say for me, the combo is a good team. I am seeing good results with both. More results than before adding the serum, and more than likely better results than just with the serum alone.

So I've used the PMD a good 3 months and the reluma not quiet a month. PMD perhaps a teeny bit longer, I did buy it back in February but used a few times, hurt myself, put it down for a long bit then started back, so my actual "real" time with it is a bit blurry but def 3 months for sure. I am sitting on the side of less than more time using the PMD.

Hope that helps
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
It was brought up on another thread, that how one uses a product, with other products can effect the results! Well I do agree with that. So I just want to make sure all know I am using the PMD with this.

I do notice my "freckling" which isn't so cute as I am aging, getting less and less, I attribute this to the PMD, the lightening is faster since adding the serum. So the serum is making a difference, but I cannot attribute all of it or even most to the serum alone. The lessening of lines I must contribute to both as well. I must say for me, the combo is a good team. I am seeing good results with both. More results than before adding the serum, and more than likely better results than just with the serum alone.

So I've used the PMD a good 3 months and the reluma not quiet a month. PMD perhaps a teeny bit longer, I did buy it back in February but used a few times, hurt myself, put it down for a long bit then started back, so my actual "real" time with it is a bit blurry but def 3 months for sure. I am sitting on the side of less than more time using the PMD.

Hope that helps

I am still using my LAA serum and Retin A (took a week or so off to trial another product) but I want to prep for a dermaroll. I have used C for around 18 years or more and RA about 1 1/2 year. The only new thing I really count in as new is the PMD and I am seeing some of the same as Tiny.

The C has helped on pigmentation but at this point I think it is more for collagen and maintenance (sun protection as well). RA I am just sticking with have not seen huge changes from it.

I have noticed some fading of pigment and fine lines with the combo of ReLuma and the PMD. That is a win for me. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Finally, I tracked my parcel to where they were holding it prisoner for extra taxes. I ended up paying an extra £28. Sighs. No matter, I have my reluma. Mumbles I probably wont pay extra for fast shipping in future, if the customs in my country are going to nab it and keep hold of it for days.

Obviously I have tried it already. I used 1 pump of serum and it was fine. It felt quite nice. Not sticky, often I find serums feel sticky. When it had time to sink in I applied the moisturiser. I needed a couple of squirts. It isn't thick at all but went on nice. I liked the feel of it and I hope it is going to do wonders or my skin.
I didn't use the cleanser because it was midday and I had already cleansed and showered in the am. I will use the cleanser tonight when I go to bed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:58 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Finally, I tracked my parcel to where they were holding it prisoner for extra taxes. I ended up paying an extra £28. Sighs. No matter, I have my reluma. Mumbles I probably wont pay extra for fast shipping in future, if the customs in my country are going to nab it and keep hold of it for days.

Obviously I have tried it already. I used 1 pump of serum and it was fine. It felt quite nice. Not sticky, often I find serums feel sticky. When it had time to sink in I applied the moisturiser. I needed a couple of squirts. It isn't thick at all but went on nice. I liked the feel of it and I hope it is going to do wonders or my skin.
I didn't use the cleanser because it was midday and I had already cleansed and showered in the am. I will use the cleanser tonight when I go to bed.

That is highway robbery what they do holding your package for ransom like that, sorry lori!

I am glad you finally have your products and can give them a try, we will be waiting for your review once you have used it for a while!

Here's hoping you love it as much as we do so far!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

Hi again lori,

I posted some exciting and interesting information on the other ReLuma thread....I just thought you may want to have a read when you have a chance. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45705&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=100

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Ty DarkMoon. I appreciate your good wishes.

I will go now and read. I hve the time but not for much longer. Two of my grandchildren are going to be Stayng with me for two days so I am having a last minute catch up. I will probs be busy with them as soon as the parents leave in 30 minutes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Ty DarkMoon. I appreciate your good wishes.

I will go now and read. I hve the time but not for much longer. Two of my grandchildren are going to be Stayng with me for two days so I am having a last minute catch up. I will probs be busy with them as soon as the parents leave in 30 minutes.

Enjoy the pleasurable mayhem of young ones around lori!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Loopy I am so excited you got yours!

I just have to brag on TIA's customer service! I emailed them yesterday regarding a bottle issue I had with the cream I had received. I had not looked at it till then, and finally decided to unbox and put in cabnet, when I noticed the problem.

They took care of it prior to even emailing me back that a replacement was already on its way! Now that is customer service. They did NOT have to do that, but it is very appreciated by me, this product is not cheap!

While I read reviews were EDS is fantastic as well, sadly they do not carry this product.

I am always happy to find a vendor that stands behind what they sell. They cannot control these things, but nice when they fix them and fix them fast!

so a very happy customer here!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
While I read reviews were EDS is fantastic as well, sadly they do not carry this product.

Tiny - In my experience, EDS is pretty good in that if enough people email them and ask them to consider stocking a product line, they will usually at least consider it.

Worth a try if people would like to buy it from EDS. Very Happy
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:09 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Tiny - In my experience, EDS is pretty good in that if enough people email them and ask them to consider stocking a product line, they will usually at least consider it.

Good Idea thanks Majorb! will do
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Loopy I am so excited you got yours!

I just have to brag on TIA's customer service! I emailed them yesterday regarding a bottle issue I had with the cream I had received. I had not looked at it till then, and finally decided to unbox and put in cabnet, when I noticed the problem.

They took care of it prior to even emailing me back that a replacement was already on its way! Now that is customer service. They did NOT have to do that, but it is very appreciated by me, this product is not cheap!

I am always happy to find a vendor that stands behind what they sell. They cannot control these things, but nice when they fix them and fix them fast!

so a very happy customer here!

I feel the same way Tiny,

I did not have any problems with my products or containers but the shipping was amazingly fast!

I was emailed within minutes to confirm my order and am thrilled with the customer service!

I am so far very happy with the products! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Tiny wrote:

who do we email? or do we add the "wish" to the product wish list in lounge? Sorry I've never done it before.

TIA
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

who do we email? or do we add the "wish" to the product wish list in lounge? Sorry I've never done it before.

TIA

There's an online form for contacting EDS on their salon shop page. Here you go, try this: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/contact_us.htm
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:51 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Tiny wrote:

TIA

There's an online form for contacting EDS on their salon shop page. Here you go, try this: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/contact_us.htm

Thanks, I did ask on the thread!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Hey Im back( just for a little while, DH has gone to fetch minxes) Laughing Exclamation Exclamation

And guess what Question
My stuff has arrived Laughing I did have to pay £20 in customs but at least I could get it delivered.

So ,I tried it all out.( of course)
So far I like the cleanser, usually my face goes as tight as a 10000 yr old mummmy with cleanser, not so with this.
Then the serum (mixed with my diy vit CE ferulic a la Kassy )

then wait a bit then the moisteriser, then my ZO retinol cream

So far ( I KNOW FAR TOO EARLY, but no bad reaction yet Laughing )

But what I am trying to work out is the right order of things like

GHk serum/cream
Kin/nag nia serum
retinol
vitc serum
I am not really quite sure when to put all this on and the wait times.

But so far I am not Frankenstein"s monster YET
Rolling Eyes
Oh I have still managed to do .25mm rolling 2x weekly for product penetration but only when DH has been asleep Laughing

My name is 10Sylvia5 and I am a secret skin needler Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

DH would have a hairy fit Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Sylvia I am glad you got your stuff at last. So those evil customs held yours to ransom too. I had £20 vat and £8 handling fee. I knew the guy at the sorting office. I went down and paid cash becaus I wanted my stuff immediately and he said nearly every parcel that comes in at the moment is being slapped with charges.
Next time I think I will just go with the other shipping option. They had my parcel 5 days before they even informed me there was a charge.

I absolutely love the cleanser, usually I am not over keen on cleansers. They always make my eyes tear and sting. This one I can rub all over my face and eyes and it doesn't irritate me at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
LMAO CLOSET needler!!! The only order I know is definately re luma serum first, let sit a few minutes, then go to town on others!

not sure why were all loving this cleanser but we are Confused ! It does not bother my eyes at all either, I leave it no a bit then wash off, without any eye issues at all
Renata
5% products discount

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your ReLuma reviews! For months I've been considering trying it, and your comments helped me make the decision to give it a go. FYI, at the moment, Truth in Aging is selling the cleanser, serum, and moisturizer trio for $164. As I understand it, their combo includes the original version (which some users apparently prefer) of the moisturizer--the Skin Illuminating Anti-Aging Moisturizer--instead of the new formulation of the moisturizer--the Advanced Facial Moisturizer. There is a comparison review of the two moisturizers on their site, as well as a review of the Skin Illuminating Anti-Aging Moisturizer only and a review of the Advanced Facial Moisturizer only.

Also, the other day I contacted http://www.cellvitals.com to ask how to use ReLuma in combination with retinol, alpha or beta hydroxy acids, or vitamin C. I heard back from them today and they said they asked the manufacturer and: "According to them, you can use retinol, alpha or beta hydroxy acids, or vitamin C with ReLuma. Just apply them first, and then use ReLuma. You should wait for the first products to dry first, usually 3 to 5 minutes."

I haven't received the product yet so I haven't had the chance to experiment with usage, but it seems a little counterintuitive to not put ReLuma on first in a couple of cases. But I will follow those instructions to begin with, and maybe switch it up later. I plan to use ReLuma alone for the first two or three weeks, anyway, before I add other products. By the way, Cell Vitals is currently offering 20% off on bundles and the eye cream.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Renata wrote:
Thank you all for your ReLuma reviews! For months I've been considering trying it, and your comments helped me make the decision to give it a go. FYI, at the moment, Truth in Aging is selling the cleanser, serum, and moisturizer trio for $164. As I understand it, their combo includes the original version (which some users apparently prefer) of the moisturizer--the Skin Illuminating Anti-Aging Moisturizer--instead of the new formulation of the moisturizer--the Advanced Facial Moisturizer. There is a comparison review of the two moisturizers on their site, as well as a review of the Skin Illuminating Anti-Aging Moisturizer only and a review of the Advanced Facial Moisturizer only.

Also, the other day I contacted http://www.cellvitals.com to ask how to use ReLuma in combination with retinol, alpha or beta hydroxy acids, or vitamin C. I heard back from them today and they said they asked the manufacturer and: "According to them, you can use retinol, alpha or beta hydroxy acids, or vitamin C with ReLuma. Just apply them first, and then use ReLuma. You should wait for the first products to dry first, usually 3 to 5 minutes."

I haven't received the product yet so I haven't had the chance to experiment with usage, but it seems a little counterintuitive to not put ReLuma on first in a couple of cases. But I will follow those instructions to begin with, and maybe switch it up later. I plan to use ReLuma alone for the first two or three weeks, anyway, before I add other products. By the way, Cell Vitals is currently offering 20% off on bundles and the eye cream.

Thank you for that information Renata. I am off to read. Any excuse to delay the housework.

I hope you like the reluma when you get it. I have only been using it a few days, so although I know I like it, I have yet to find out if it does wonderous things for me.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |