Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
REVIEW: ReLuma Skin Illuminating Anti Age Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you Tiny that you found something that works for you. It's funny that you missed the cleanser the most. I have never been willing to spend a lot of money on a cleanser but it must be really good because it has gotten a lot of good feedback. I wonder what ingredient is in the cleanser that makes the difference?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Good for you Tiny that you found something that works for you. It's funny that you missed the cleanser the most. I have never been willing to spend a lot of money on a cleanser but it must be really good because it has gotten a lot of good feedback. I wonder what ingredient is in the cleanser that makes the difference?

Not sure I'd purchase it seperately, only because of the cost, but that said, its really nice lmao!! It came in my kits, so I have plenty. It doesn't really foam like a normal cleanser, at first I hated that, now I am use to it.

I actually missed it all, how my skin feels after using all products. I think what I ment on cleanser is, I missed how moist my skin is after I use it.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this will help anyone but TIA has 20% off all Reluma products until the 17th (today) using code RELUMA20.

I say good for you too, Tiny, and thanks for updating. I am always interested in hearing how skin fares when stopping a product for a week or more so glad to hear nothing untoward Laughing happened. I had a good laugh at your "hopefully I am not just delusional!" comment. I'm sure you're not. Smile
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Not sure if this will help anyone but TIA has 20% off all Reluma products until the 17th (today) using code RELUMA20.

I say good for you too, Tiny, and thanks for updating. I am always interested in hearing how skin fares when stopping a product for a week or more so glad to hear nothing untoward Laughing happened. I had a good laugh at your "hopefully I am not just delusional!" comment. I'm sure you're not. Smile

Thanks for the info! and the vote of confidence Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sadly, this hasn't done much for my skin, so I'll be giving up on stem cell products for awhile. Mainly because they hurt my wallet.

Ebay has the serum for a good price right now, if anyone's intersted (cheaper price than TIA).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Sadly, this hasn't done much for my skin, so I'll be giving up on stem cell products for awhile. Mainly because they hurt my wallet.

Ebay has the serum for a good price right now, if anyone's intersted (cheaper price than TIA).

I am a big believer in these take a long time, that said, they should also be producing results along the way, if they are not, one should stop. It is too much money for a hope and a prayer 6 months later.

now for the important info: hows the baby coming along?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny, almost there, one more week till my c-section (I'm carrying around a total of 13lbs of twins and I'm only 4' 10", it's rather funny)!

Forgot to mention, the Reluma Moisturizer makes a no-makeup day better. It reminds me somewhat of the IQ Beauty Sheer Activity Glow. That's what I've been using since some days I don't want to even shower (haha). So the moisturizer I may repurchase. I should have been more clearer, it's the serum that seems to not do much.

I'm still using the eye serum, that I did repurchase.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:15 am      Reply with quote
good luck with the C section!!

I guess you are going to be in for a busy busy time soon Wink

Sorry for off topic

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:17 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Tiny, almost there, one more week till my c-section (I'm carrying around a total of 13lbs of twins and I'm only 4' 10", it's rather funny)!

Forgot to mention, the Reluma Moisturizer makes a no-makeup day better. It reminds me somewhat of the IQ Beauty Sheer Activity Glow. That's what I've been using since some days I don't want to even shower (haha). So the moisturizer I may repurchase. I should have been more clearer, it's the serum that seems to not do much.

I'm still using the eye serum, that I did repurchase.

wow one week!!! please let us know and OMG to carrying around 13lbs!!! Saying prayers that you and the 2 little ones are fine!

I love the cream too, I also think I am going to stop the serum and just use the cream, it would be a lot more cost effective and the first ingredient is the SC, so it will still work long term. Win/win I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Sorry I've not posted in what seems ages, I took a break, I felt like anytime I posted good or bad, it became competition and that just defeats the purpose of others following products.

I must say I still like RL, I am using just as maintenance, due to no other reason, than complete laziness. I need to get back here more, I take a lot better care of my skin Laughing !!

After catching up on RL, LL and AA threads, I am beginning to think the best product is LL. While not a magic bullet on a fast train, its appears to be long term before the magic results.

My take is:
RL is faster results, then a level out. AA, with the exception of a very few does not appear to work as well as these other 2. LL seems to give some pretty good results once ones used the products for about 8 months..give or take. While I did try stemulation, the smell was overwhelming for me and that is unusual. I did love love their cream. while others have said same on RL smell, I find whatever smell it does have is gone in seconds, I can live with that.

All that said, I have noticed increased peach fuzz as well Shock , while not the end of the world, it is a drawback, apparently with all these products.

Once I finish up the remaining RL, I will either just go with the cream or go with LL, still on the fence about which to do.

Any other opinions out there??????

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I have no opinion, as I have not used but wanted to say a big THANKS for your feedback. I have been thinking about trying out one of those three next year.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
My thinking is this - if stemcell topicals were the solution to anti-aging, they would have been widely adopted by the major companies and there would be much more buzz about them in the market place.

Did you all see the news story this week on the little Dachshund dog who became a paraplegic in an accident? They injected stemcells in his spine and he is now walking again. I do believe that stemcells are the leading light in modern medicine - but as far as the cosmetic industry is concerned, I think there's a way to go. And when they do produce a topical that has profound anti-aging effects, I think it will be classified as a drug and be subject to governmental regulations.

If you look at this forum and others, the fact is that these serums haven't actually taken off in a big way. There are a couple of happy campers, but many users have moved on to other products. I did try Reluma (only one bottle - which probably isn't a fair trial) - but I felt that I couldn't justify the ongoing cost. Instead I purchased the Philips ReAura Laser and I'm much happier with that - much more "bang for my buck".

I'll continue to search for that "miracle in a bottle" - but I think if it was a stemcell serum, people would be screaming about it from the rooftops and we would all be in a frenzy about it - clearly, that is not happening at the moment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
My thinking is this - if stemcell topicals were the solution to anti-aging, they would have been widely adopted by the major companies and there would be much more buzz about them in the market place.

Did you all see the news story this week on the little Dachshund dog who became a paraplegic in an accident? They injected stemcells in his spine and he is now walking again. I do believe that stemcells are the leading light in modern medicine - but as far as the cosmetic industry is concerned, I think there's a way to go. And when they do produce a topical that has profound anti-aging effects, I think it will be classified as a drug and be subject to governmental regulations.

If you look at this forum and others, the fact is that these serums haven't actually taken off in a big way. There are a couple of happy campers, but many users have moved on to other products. I did try Reluma (only one bottle - which probably isn't a fair trial) - but I felt that I couldn't justify the ongoing cost. Instead I purchased the Philips ReAura Laser and I'm much happier with that - much more "bang for my buck".

I'll continue to search for that "miracle in a bottle" - but I think if it was a stemcell serum, people would be screaming about it from the rooftops and we would all be in a frenzy about it - clearly, that is not happening at the moment.

I tend to agree, with one sidenote, it tends to take "major" brands a bit to catch up to lesser brands on new products, due to the fact that this technology costs a lot for them to adapt and use. And yes they have more money, ect., but for some reason it really does take them a lot of time to catch up with ingredients, most on this forum have already been using for a good year or in most cases even longer,before they have it. I've noticed this for years.

There are major downsides to these products thus far, more facial hair, cost, ect...not ENOUGH results. So your right, the cost might not in the end justify this. I've not had to spend a small fortune to use it, I don't have to use a lot of any product, and I bought when it was a lot cheaper than it is right now. Would I spend 200.00 a month or every 6 weeks on this NOOOOOOOOO nor would I on any product, unless it wiped all lines off my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I'm kind of with Keliu on SC products. I do think they work better then the average product. At least for me, and I was going to go back to one of them because the products I'm trying now are not working out. Then I started thinking about the cost of these products compared to the results with the ReAura laser and for me there is no comparison. I think for me I'm going to stick with cheaper skin care products and spend my money on gadgets. I do think stem cells hold a lot of promise and we will see them working their way into the skincare industry more and more. Maybe as a drug and down the line as a OTC product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I'm kind of with Keliu on SC products. I do think they work better then the average product. At least for me, and I was going to go back to one of them because the products I'm trying now are not working out. Then I started thinking about the cost of these products compared to the results with the ReAura laser and for me there is no comparison. I think for me I'm going to stick with cheaper skin care products and spend my money on gadgets. I do think stem cells hold a lot of promise and we will see them working their way into the skincare industry more and more. Maybe as a drug and down the line as a OTC product.

I just want to be sure the "newer" products that will come out, are not "this" technology re-invented, so to speak. I really do look forward to the next generation of these.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I just want to be sure the "newer" products that will come out, are not "this" technology re-invented, so to speak. I really do look forward to the next generation of these.

My thinking on all of this is that these products should work for everyone. I know that, with skincare, there is no "one size fits all". But one thing is certain - we all age (no exceptions). If stem cells technology can halt or slow down the biological aging process - then it should work for all. That's the technology I'm waiting for!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

My thinking on all of this is that these products should work for everyone. I know that, with skincare, there is no "one size fits all". But one thing is certain - we all age (no exceptions). If stem cells technology can halt or slow down the biological aging process - then it should work for all. That's the technology I'm waiting for!

I'm not sure how anything can work for everyone. Botox certainly doesn't - and it's a drug. Some people love the results from IPL and others see no results at all. I can't think of a prescription drug that is universially acceptable - certainly not antibiotics.

My issue with devices is that I fear them. I fear that anything that produces heat can melt fat. I have personally experienced that with textual damage from ultrasound (in the form of Ulthera). Perhaps the only thing that I ever bought into from DrJ is the idea of inflamaging and that is certainly something that concerns me about personal use skincare devices - dermaroller included. But then, this is just me trying to present another point of view.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
I'm not sure how anything can work for everyone. Botox certainly doesn't - and it's a drug. Some people love the results from IPL and others see no results at all. I can't think of a prescription drug that is universially acceptable - certainly not antibiotics.

My issue with devices is that I fear them. I fear that anything that produces heat can melt fat. I have personally experienced that with textual damage from ultrasound (in the form of Ulthera). Perhaps the only thing that I ever bought into from DrJ is the idea of inflamaging and that is certainly something that concerns me about personal use skincare devices - dermaroller included. But then, this is just me trying to present another point of view.

All I'm pointing out is that aging is a biological process that is the same for everyone - the degeneration of cells. Theoretically, if scientists can rejuvenate human cells, it should work for everyone. But, obviously, I'm just thinking out the top of my head.

I definitely don't have a fear of skincare devices and treatments. It is surgery and these types of treatments that keep celebrities looking young, not topicals.

There may be no one size fits all for drugs - but in the majority of cases, they are effective. But I'm not sure you can put stemcell technology into the same category as drugs - it's more about fiddling with the biology of the human body than developing a medicine (that's my take on it anyway) - kind of like IVF. Ok, so IVF doesn't work for everyone because sometimes it doesn't "take" - but, in theory, the principal is the same for everyone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm actually using up the very last bit of my Reluma moisturizer and saw no changes at all. Same goes for the eye serum, I even bought two bottles of that. Was hoping the eye serum would help with my dark circles (which are now incredibly worse being that I have 8 week old twins, haha).

I have to echo Keliu here...I'm giving up on SC products and sticking with devices like the ReAura and the LightStim (which I just love).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:23 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I'm actually using up the very last bit of my Reluma moisturizer and saw no changes at all. Same goes for the eye serum, I even bought two bottles of that. Was hoping the eye serum would help with my dark circles (which are now incredibly worse being that I have 8 week old twins, haha).

I have to echo Keliu here...I'm giving up on SC products and sticking with devices like the ReAura and the LightStim (which I just love).

I am not too too far behind either of you, while I do see changes or "lack" or changes as well (meaning def not looking worse), I think this stuff has a way to go and I don't like the extra peach fuzz and getting rid of it. The main draw back is that, RL can be bought on sale ect..so its not as huge an outlay as the other two Imho, which is why I choose it, to begin with.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:

Ditto...I decided to stop wasting money on topicals beyond A and C, and spent the money on a ReAura instead!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I love ReLuma. I think the serum helped get rid of my eye bag and definitely softened the lines around my eyes. BTW it has just launched in the UK at reluma.co.uk
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:46 am      Reply with quote
pcitygirl wrote:
I love ReLuma. I think the serum helped get rid of my eye bag and definitely softened the lines around my eyes. BTW it has just launched in the UK at reluma.co.uk

I too like it, its just the cost vs. the results. Perhaps, we all expect too much from any product. But at the cost of these, its hard not to expect a miracle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am tossing in the towel on SC products, until that is they come out with some innovations down the road, while I do love some of the changes I see in my skin, its not worth the extra "fuzz" it causes. While a lot saw this early on, I did not, but alas it happened. Had it removed all lines and aging, fuzz wouldn't of mattered. Being very light in coloring, hair, skin, ect, I did not expect any of this. I will say since I've stopped using this, the additional fuzz is gone, so bright side is it did stop.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
On the bright side, I've been using the AQ serum and have seen my eyebrows fill in and some length in eye lashes. I just bought the lifeline eye cream with the special (almost finished the AQ). That's one area I don't mind hair growth.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |