Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
beautiful skin

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I love this product--it saves my skin in the winter! FYI I store all my Dr H products in the refrigerator where they will keep longer. My skin feels baby soft after I use it.
Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I got the Rose Day Cream last year.It smells great.
However, the Rose Cream very rich and personally don't think it would be suitable for oily skin.
hellcat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
mandm wrote:
I got the Rose Day Cream last year.It smells great.
However, the Rose Cream very rich and personally don't think it would be suitable for oily skin.

I agree, it's very rich, I only use it in autumn and winter, never in summer.
sunteana
5% products discount

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I want to have a try of this cream.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
The Rose cream from Dr. Hauschka is great. I used the light version last winter, because I have combo skin. It moisturized very well and made my skin very soft. I also love the scent of rose.

P.S. I spent most of my time in humid part of European continent last winter.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
it's like a must cream for me during winter. The smell is great. It used up pretty fast, so, Inever really bother to put it in refrigerator.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Sounds good! But is this product for dry/sensitive skin?
Does Dr Hauschka has some products line of rose scent for oily skin?
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:48 am      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
i don't know why, but i heard that in Europe, this production is very very cheap

Besides, this cream is really popular

well, in Germany one tube of rose day cream costs 17-19 EUR, not that cheap, but definitely cheaper than in the North America.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Yes I agree this cream is similar to La Mer in consistency, but unlike La Mer it does not penetrate very well, leaving a greasy film that caused me many whiteheads that required frequent extractions for several months even after I stopped using this product
peachy3001
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
This is definitely worth trying!
rose rain

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 44, and have sensitive combo skin that tends toward a little bit of congestion in the t-zone while also being dry. Typical mid-40's psycho skin. Ageing is fun! Right?

This is my staple face cream. I am a skincare product junkie and this is one of the few products that I continually repurchase.

I used La Mer for years, and tried lots of other pricey brands. Dr H Rose day cream is the only face cream that I have noticed an undeniable improvement in my skin. After I went through the 1st tube I've stuck with this brand.

I think it's totally different than any other cream. Somehow it keeps my face really taut. The surface of my skin is almost tight and shiny, like a child's face after washing. But not oily looking.

This stuff prevents breakouts for me. Smooths my skin. At the same time my face always feels a bit dry and sometimes has a few flakes. But this is the best I've ever been able to get my skin to look.

I tend to use up a tube about every 2 months. I use a pea-sized amount at night and mix the same amount into my foundation in the morning.

I love it so much I'm not tempted to try anything new!
Smile
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I love the smell of this cream.
This is very good for me to use in winter, and very safe for sensitive skin.
It's not oil, but nourshing, and moisturing.
I'm going to use it in every winter in the next few years!
saring
5% products discount

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I like shiny finish ,since I have very dry and sensitive skin, I use La Mer Cream now, I saw all the rose cream are positive, should I try? I'm so scared change a brand .
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the Rose Day cream and I liked it but I think it might be a little rich for my skin right now. Maybe in 10 years. I use the Day Oil--big surprise but love it!
saring
5% products discount

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:17 am      Reply with quote
it's me again, I decide to buy one for morning instead of La mer, because I really don't have time warm La mer cream between my fingertips during the morning Wink
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say I am still using this cream - its one of those things I always have in my cosmetics bag and go back to again and again.

I like the whole Dr H range - if my skin is feeling or acting stressed then its Dr H I use to settle things down again. Very Happy

5% products discount

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I got my rose cream this Sunday. Today it's the second day I used, I don't like the scent,I prefer the smelling of La Mer. The first time I have to mix it well in my hands before application, it kind of cream and essential oil separate. But the result is really pleasantly surprised. Shock Since I have dryness and sensitive skin, I need rich cream can last whole day long. Rose cream did it! Very Happy first 30 minutes , skin looks glossy ( I used to this feeling, I used LA MER for 2 years ) after that, skin absorbs all , it is smooth and moisture. Finally I find a day cream I love.

Thanks all the post It really helps me a lot.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I tried the sample from EDS and it is just too oily for me.
iregal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I like to use this on my cheeks sometimes, as my cheeks tend to be dry. I have an oily t-zone so i'd be cautious about putting it there in case it breaks me out. I love the smell though.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Dr H Moisturizing Day Cream and I think its making me break out in eczema.

Maybe I should try the rose cream instead.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:20 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
I bought the Dr H Moisturizing Day Cream and I think its making me break out in eczema.

Maybe I should try the rose cream instead.

I think rose cream is gentle enough for you to try. Although I do not think I would use it again, it is absolutely a good cream. A lot of my friends really like it so well, not only becuase it smells good, the texture feels really cool, too.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
For people who are allergic: This product DOES contain Peanut Oil

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Both the regular Rose Cream and the Rose Cream Light are good for calming stressed skin.
I think the regular Rose Cream gives more of a dewy finish.

If you find the regular Rose Cream to rich, you can always dilute it with some HA or Aloe Vera (in the palm of your hand).

A cheaper but just as good alternative would be Weleda Everon Face Balm. It’s one of those creams that you can always rely on in winter but that you forget about.

The very best and most gentle German (winter) creams I know of are Martina Gebhardt Sheabutter Cream and Martina Gebhardt Evening Primrose Cream. Both are among the purest natural/organic creams you can find. They are rich in texture and do not contain alcohol, plant extracts(except for green tea) or essential oils. But don’t get fooled by their simplicity. The effect of both creams are phenomenal. They heal dry, red, irritated and flaky skin overnight. They contain a bit lanolin but don’t clog my pores at all and trust me, they get clogged by just about anything!
Both creams will take a couple of minutes to get absorbed. Excellent for sensitive skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
It smells very nice and makes me want to taste it! However, it's too oily and creamy for me so I can only use it in the winter time.
feiona

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is a little bit oily. It makes my face oiler.....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |