Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I am really interested in your views on the Sqoom, as I have been thinking about doing a review. But not sure if it is just a ultrasound/galvanic machine, or does it do more?

Might try and get hold of one to look at.

I use the Depilex Vibroderm for all my ultrasound work, and I have had some fantastic results, with the cheapest of skin products.

http://www.depilex.co.uk/depilex/vibroderm.php

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the late reply people. To be honest I just have not been consistent enough with The Sqoom to say for sure if it gives any benefits or not. I started using it but stopped pretty soon after realising that just to get through the introductory period of using it every day I would have to buy at least 4 bottles (most probably more) and I have other things that I want to spend that kind of money on at the moment. I think I have mentioned the price before but it is an important consideration to make before purchasing the Sqoom.

So I decided to use plain Aloe Vera bought from a health food store. I used this for a couple of weeks but was using the Tripollar Stop as well so cannot confidently say which results are attributed to which machine. I get botox injections in my jaw so had to stop using both things for a while. Will take it up again soon unless my doctor wants to give me another touch up in the next couple of weeks which will mean waiting a bit longer. Anyway when I am able to use it again maybe just for you guys I will hold off the Tripollar (which by the way is fabulous) and test the Sqoom on its own Wink That said I will be testing it with plain Aloe Vera until I have the money available for the Aloe HA serum.

Quote:
Hi Moon, any update on the Sqoom? Also I think Karenlee said she thought the Fyola Facial ultrasonic was the same thing as the Sqoom. Is that right? I am starting to think about getting one of these but the Fyola is a lot cheaper. Thanks.

I honestly don't know CookieD. Am a bit of an ignoramous when it comes to knowing how these machines work so can't say if they are the same or not though I seem to remember someone on EDS (maybe it was Karenlee) giving an informed opinion about whether there was a difference between the two.

May sound like a bit of a mug here but personally I would just pay the larger sum for the Sqoom if you can get the money. At least that way you will have piece of mind that you have the "real deal" so to speak. That said if you can't then am sure the Fyola will be effective just cant guarantee that it will be as effective as the Sqoom.

Quote:
I am really interested in your views on the Sqoom, as I have been thinking about doing a review. But not sure if it is just a ultrasound/galvanic machine, or does it do more?

I use the Depilex Vibroderm for all my ultrasound work, and I have had some fantastic results, with the cheapest of skin products.

PQ

Hi Photqueen,

As I said to CookieD am not very clued up on how the Sqoom works. I can tell you that there are four buttons on the front:

The first button switched on and off.
The one below that is where you choose the programme: C,M,N,L,W,W = Clean, Massage, Nutrtion, Lifting, Wrinkles, Whitening.
The button below that gives you a choice of using Ion, Ultra or both after having selected your programme.
The one below that gives you the choice of Low, High or Both.
I have always had the setting on both for the bottom two buttons but the only programmes I have used (so the only ones I know you can do this with) are Massage, Nutrition, Lifting and Wrinkles.

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful but I would say if you want to test it out then go for it. Have watched some of your review videos on your blog and am very impressed Very Happy Am sure you would make a really good one for the Sqoom and lots of people would be appreciative as there does not seem to be any thorough reviews out there for The Sqoom and yet it seems that loads of people are interested in it.

It's also quite a loveable gadget. I have grown rather fond of mine
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
Sorry for the late reply people. To be honest I just have not been consistent enough with The Sqoom to say for sure if it gives any benefits or not. I started using it but stopped pretty soon after realising that just to get through the introductory period of using it every day I would have to buy at least 4 bottles (most probably more) and I have other things that I want to spend that kind of money on at the moment. I think I have mentioned the price before but it is an important consideration to make before purchasing the Sqoom.

So I decided to use plain Aloe Vera bought from a health food store. I used this for a couple of weeks but was using the Tripollar Stop as well so cannot confidently say which results are attributed to which machine. I get botox injections in my jaw so had to stop using both things for a while. Will take it up again soon unless my doctor wants to give me another touch up in the next couple of weeks which will mean waiting a bit longer. Anyway when I am able to use it again maybe just for you guys I will hold off the Tripollar (which by the way is fabulous) and test the Sqoom on its own Wink That said I will be testing it with plain Aloe Vera until I have the money available for the Aloe HA serum.

Quote:
Hi Moon, any update on the Sqoom? Also I think Karenlee said she thought the Fyola Facial ultrasonic was the same thing as the Sqoom. Is that right? I am starting to think about getting one of these but the Fyola is a lot cheaper. Thanks.

I honestly don't know CookieD. Am a bit of an ignoramous when it comes to knowing how these machines work so can't say if they are the same or not though I seem to remember someone on EDS (maybe it was Karenlee) giving an informed opinion about whether there was a difference between the two.

May sound like a bit of a mug here but personally I would just pay the larger sum for the Sqoom if you can get the money. At least that way you will have piece of mind that you have the "real deal" so to speak. That said if you can't then am sure the Fyola will be effective just cant guarantee that it will be as effective as the Sqoom.

Quote:

PQ

Hi Photqueen,

As I said to CookieD am not very clued up on how the Sqoom works. I can tell you that there are four buttons on the front:

The first button switched on and off.
The one below that is where you choose the programme: C,M,N,L,W,W = Clean, Massage, Nutrtion, Lifting, Wrinkles, Whitening.
The button below that gives you a choice of using Ion, Ultra or both after having selected your programme.
The one below that gives you the choice of Low, High or Both.
I have always had the setting on both for the bottom two buttons but the only programmes I have used (so the only ones I know you can do this with) are Massage, Nutrition, Lifting and Wrinkles.

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful but I would say if you want to test it out then go for it. Have watched some of your review videos on your blog and am very impressed Very Happy Am sure you would make a really good one for the Sqoom and lots of people would be appreciative as there does not seem to be any thorough reviews out there for The Sqoom and yet it seems that loads of people are interested in it.

It's also quite a loveable gadget. I have grown rather fond of mine

Really appreciate your feedback and help Moon.

thanks again

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information Moon. One of the things I don't really like is the cost of the gels so I will have to think about that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:39 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Thanks for the information Moon. One of the things I don't really like is the cost of the gels so I will have to think about that.

I am also put off by the price of the products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Mmm yeah. The price of the gels are definitely the real draw back. The Sqoom itself is pricey but at least it is a one off price. I am using organic aloe vera which means that I will probably get the benefits from some of the settings e.g. Tightening and massage. The HyaGel, I would think, is needed for the wrinkle setting and possibly enhances the nutrition setting (though I have no idea how the nutrition setting works).

I have researched if it is possible to make your own gels but Sqoom insist that their gel has been specially created to work better than other hyaluronic acid gels by altering the chemical structure so that it permeates the skin better. There is also the question of purity of other products. Indeed so far I have found products in other hyaluronic serums that I would not want to be pushed in to my skin.

You guys are wise to consider the price of the gels. Always good to think in terms of long term maintenance. If I could go back I would buy the Sqoom again because I needed an ultrasound and I like the idea of having one which does different things. Also have the option to use the hyagels if I can ever justify the cost but for now I will settle with getting the benefits of some of the settings with the aloe gel. Indeed, for me wrinkles are not so much of a problem but massage, tightening and nutrition I could do with.

One other thing: The makers claim that, when used properly, the Sqoom eliminates the need for botox and fillers. This is definitely where the hyagel would be needed. If you spend a lot of money on botox and fillers every few months or so then maybe it works out the same or even slightly cheaper (and safer) to use the Sqoom and it's gels instead. In fact this is the only situation where I can really justify buying those gels.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
Mmm yeah. The price of the gels are definitely the real draw back. The Sqoom itself is pricey but at least it is a one off price. I am using organic aloe vera which means that I will probably get the benefits from some of the settings e.g. Tightening and massage. The HyaGel, I would think, is needed for the wrinkle setting and possibly enhances the nutrition setting (though I have no idea how the nutrition setting works).

I have researched if it is possible to make your own gels but Sqoom insist that their gel has been specially created to work better than other hyaluronic acid gels by altering the chemical structure so that it permeates the skin better. There is also the question of purity of other products. Indeed so far I have found products in other hyaluronic serums that I would not want to be pushed in to my skin.

You guys are wise to consider the price of the gels. Always good to think in terms of long term maintenance. If I could go back I would buy the Sqoom again because I needed an ultrasound and I like the idea of having one which does different things. Also have the option to use the hyagels if I can ever justify the cost but for now I will settle with getting the benefits of some of the settings with the aloe gel. Indeed, for me wrinkles are not so much of a problem but massage, tightening and nutrition I could do with.

One other thing: The makers claim that, when used properly, the Sqoom eliminates the need for botox and fillers. This is definitely where the hyagel would be needed. If you spend a lot of money on botox and fillers every few months or so then maybe it works out the same or even slightly cheaper (and safer) to use the Sqoom and it's gels instead. In fact this is the only situation where I can really justify buying those gels.

It still sounds a great device.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 12, 2013 6:47 am      Reply with quote
SQOOM review on its way:

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/sqoom-review/

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 12, 2013 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
SQOOM review on its way:

PQ

Oh good PQ. I want to hear what you think about all the different programs that it offers and how to use them. I don't really know what to do with mine knockoff so I just use the wrinkle program. Are you going to use the Sqoom gels or something else? Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 12, 2013 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
SQOOM review on its way:

PQ

Oh good PQ. I want to hear what you think about all the different programs that it offers and how to use them. I don't really know what to do with mine knockoff so I just use the wrinkle program. Are you going to use the Sqoom gels or something else? Thanks

They are sending me some gels to use, so hopefully I can review the whole product with their gels.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
FYI...I bought the Merbe/Sqoom and my early feedback is LOVE. More to come tomorrow.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Can't wait Bethany!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Not a good sign......for my bank account.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
So let's start with a little background...

KarenLee had posted some pics of improvement using the Squoom, and lots of discussion took place about the unit being the same as the Fyola (old model) on the Skindream Titanium thread. Fyi that the Sqoom has BOTH galvanic and ultrasound functionality. That means that it can both pull impurities from the skin, and push product for better penetration of actives.

karenlee wrote:
Here is a picture taken in 2009. I was actually photographing my face, not my shoulders, but this shows my crinkling. I had a very deep V wrinkle also, not visible in this photo. By Dec 2010, I was no longer wearing any kind of V or scoop neck top.

Here is the same shoulder, taken this morning about an hour after waking, 2 weeks after using SQOOM

My chest this morning, the same one that was too wrinkled in 2010 to wear low cut tops

karenlee wrote:
I didn't think I could see much happening in my face yet, even though my husband thinks so, but now comparing these two pics, I can see a little something starting to improve around the jowls. Here is a pic I took 2 months ago, in Sept:

Here is a pic from this morning:

I think the pouching (my main reason for buying gadget upon gadget) is lessening, and my skin in general is looking a little fuller. (I have always suffered from dehydrated skin, no matter how many v.expensive quality products I have layered on.)

Skindream thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39252&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=sqoom&start=0

At the time, I was impressed by the pics but put off by the high price of the Sqoom and the ongoing gels. (that much still has not changed for me, lol). About the same time, the old model Fyola disappeared which seemed to be identical to the Sqoom and a new "Fyola Lite" appeared (with less than stellar reviews).

Fast forward to now....PQ reviewed the Sqoom and really liked it, but the price is still nuts. However, 2 other EDS members mentioned that they had a "Merbe" which they referred to as a Sqoom knockoff and they were both very pleased with it. After finding it on ebay to be MUCH more affortable than the Sqoom ($265 vs $900), I was also surprised to see that it was identical to the Sqoom M1. It appears that Shick Medical either bought Fyola or the rights to the original Fyola, and is now marketing with BOTH a consumer and professional focus. They have actually expanded the line to include medically focused gels for treatments of various issues like pain, skin disorders, etc. They have also minimally tweaked the Sqoom unit and created a M2 version, as well as clinical units designed to treat larger areas. In a nutshell, all of this says to me that the technology is sound and Shick is investing heavily. In the meantime, a version called the Merbe showed up, as manufactured by Lotts...yet called the Fyola??

Sqoom site...lots of info available.
http://www.sqoom.com/en/

Lotts ad:
http://www.gobizkorea.com/blog/ProductView.do?blogId=lotts&id=932361

PQ's multi-part review:
http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/posts/

However, my primary concern was still the pricey gels. After doing lots of reading, I was able to find that the Sqoom gels used Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid to penetrate deeper and increase the moisture level in the skin (as seen in Karenlee's pics above). This is basically HA that has been broken down into smaller fragments, aka "fragmented HA"
which can reverse skin atrophy in aged skin.

"Hyaluronate Fragments Reverse Skin Atrophy by a CD44-Dependent Mechanism"
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1702558

And my search for fragmented HA was officially on...enter Lotioncrafter, who carries 3 different molecular weights of HA. I then decided to go ahead and purchase the Merbe.

Regular HA:
http://www.lotioncrafter.com/hyaluronic-acid.html

Super Low Molecular Weight HA:
http://www.lotioncrafter.com/hyaluronic-acid-slmw.html

Ultra Low Molecular Weight:
http://www.lotioncrafter.com/hyaluronic-acid-ulmw.html

On to the Merbe:

My primary concerns are jowls, forehead lines, and pigmentation. While I have a ReAura, I do not feel that I can use it extensively due to inflammation, and laser heat can make pigmentation worse. So I was looking for something else that could help with the jowls and forehead lines...something that needling has NOT helped with me in the past. Sad

So I bought the Merbe. Shock It came with a Korean plug (no converter) and a BIG container of gel for $264.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Merbe-Ultrasonic-I-on-Anti-Aging-Skin-Care-Face-Manager-EMS-3-6days-Free-/190849168061?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item2c6f7f32bd

And then of course AFTER I bought it, I found this one for less than half the cost! ($109!!!!!) Please note that these are supposedly refurbished, so I would look into this more carefully if interested, though they do have 100% positive feedback and a 14 day return policy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Facial-machine-30-Days-Younger-Looking-Skin-Fyola-Old-Model-Original-289-/121160029968?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item1c35b35710

Sqoom Manual (since the Merbe manual is in Korean):
http://www.sqoom.com/uploads/media/105.201303.EN-SQOOM_antiAge_manual-portrait.pdf

Orginal Fyola Manual (differs a bit from Sqoom manual above):
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/98303279/A-clean-and-clear-skin

Ok...I need to take a break. First impression review coming later!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bethany, I am looking forward to your review of merbe!

Regarding Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid , I have used this form lotioncrafter for many months but then I stopped after I read that it can cause inflammation:

http://www.skinactives.com/Skin-Actives-Discussion-Forum.html

I am sure her reviews are not biased as she can easily sell the LMW HA too.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Daler, a couple of us have been discussing that as well...something I discovered after I bought. Rolling Eyes

I have not yet seen her viewpoint, so I will check those out later tonight.

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Daler, a couple of us have been discussing that as well...something I discovered after I bought. Rolling Eyes

Thanks!

just wondering if anyone has used astroglide gel version for the ultrasound gadgets? I think it should work wonderfully.... it is water based with no silicones...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks!

just wondering if anyone has used astroglide gel version for the ultrasound gadgets? I think it should work wonderfully.... it is water based with no silicones...

Here are the ingredients for the Astroglide Natural...I would prefer to avoid the aloe. And I don't need any sweetener either, lol. But if one has no issues with aloe it should be fine.

Ingredients
Purified Water, Xylitol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Potassium ascorbyl tocopheryl phosphate (Vitamins C & E), Pectin, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Chamomile), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
no, no that one but the following one:

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Methylparaben, Glucono Delta Lactone, Sodium Hydroxide
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Hi bethany, I am looking forward to your review of merbe!

Regarding Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid , I have used this form lotioncrafter for many months but then I stopped after I read that it can cause inflammation:

I am sure her reviews are not biased as she can easily sell the LMW HA too.

This is the most definitive thing I could find that she said, since neither of your links went to specific posts.
Quote:

I seem to remember reading papers on the inflammatory activity of lower molecular weight "hyaluronic acid" but I am not sure. I will have to check on that

I am going to look into this further, but considering all of the anti-inflammatory steps I take I am not overly worried for now. But if I see something concrete that everyone should know, I will share it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
you are right, the links dont take one to the specific posts, I have no idea why!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Daler, that says nothing concrete about LMW HA.

Do you think that maybe we could start another thread and discuss HA properties there? That way we could focus on the tool here, and link back to the HA discussions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Do you think that maybe we could start another thread and discuss HA properties there? That way we could focus on the tool here, and link back to the HA discussions.

sure bethany, and we dont need to start another thread re HA, I just wanted to share what I knew n thought you might be interestd in as you are trying to reduce inflammation.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
bethany wrote:

sure bethany, and we dont need to start another thread re HA, I just wanted to share what I knew n thought you might be interestd in as you are trying to reduce inflammation.

I think it is a very important topic, and one I would definitely like to discuss further! New thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6511352#6511352

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I see that both Sqoom and Fyola have different 'modes' of ultrasound for different purposes. I would like to know what the differences between these modes are.
Is it a difference in intensity or what?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |