Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I am charging up my Merbe and can't wait to use it.
Can we have an update on what everyone thinks of whatever gel product they are using? I think most of you got a regular gel with the machine when you got it. I got-- a set of "snail" products!!! I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on using these, as I would prefer to use something else. I do have some Baby Quasar serum and wonder if you think that would do for both conduction and the actives part. What's the best place to get Fyola or Sqoom gels in the US? TIA
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
Hi merbe/sqoom users - I now have my sqoom and sqoom gels and have been using for a week - when did you start to see improvements? Am following the protocol and only using massage and nutrition at the moment - thanks!

Lizzie, I didn't exactly follow protocol, but started using Lifting asap and saw results asap from that aspect. The lines decreasing took a bit longer, and my forehead lines still need more work.

Keep in mind that if your goal is to reduce lines, you definitely need to use a gel with a high HA concentration to fill in the lines over time.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
I am charging up my Merbe and can't wait to use it.
Can we have an update on what everyone thinks of whatever gel product they are using? I think most of you got a regular gel with the machine when you got it. I got-- a set of "snail" products!!! I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on using these, as I would prefer to use something else. I do have some Baby Quasar serum and wonder if you think that would do for both conduction and the actives part. What's the best place to get Fyola or Sqoom gels in the US? TIA

Hi there! Unfortunately the Sqoom gels are not available in the US, and neither is the Fyola HA gel. I bought my Fyola massage gel from the ebay seller I listed earlier in the thread, and have purchased Sqoom gels from the Dr. Serene site. Sqoom also sells the gels directly and ships to the US.

However, the Fyola Skinfood Gel is available from number of sellers online.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I used my Merbe for the first time for the cleansing and the massage features. I used my regular creamy cleanser, then rinsed and dried my face and applied my Baby Quasar serum, which has HA and Copper peptides as the actives. I also used the Avene water to keep it moist.

The next day I thought my pores looked smaller, and when I did the massage, it felt afterward like I had been doing facial exercises.

Thanks to everyone who has added in their thoughts and experiences to help with the learning curve for this device.

I did have one question- the manual suggests using it 2x week, but I noticed some of you were using it daily. For those of you that only do it a few times a week, do you think it helped to use it more in the beginning, or do you feel that using it more even at the beginning is unnecessary?
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I have been using it about 5 times a week for 3 weeks - 4 minutes massage and 4 minutes nutrition on each side - I'm now going to start using the lift programme. I think some others felt they got better results using only 2 or 3 times a week and that might be the best way to go because I haven't noticed anything dramatic so far but think my skin looks generally better and using the RO gel has definitely reduced my redness - would also like to thank everyone for their input!
bluebell
5% products discount

Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using my Merbe about 2 weeks now I emailed sqoom as to what programs to use they suggested to do every day alternating the program
I have been using my own SBC gels which are based on Collagen and vit E not seen much difference yet, I have just ordered from the Sqoom site the Hydra gel, Hope to make some improvements considering the cost of the Gels, I do not intend to use the lifting program on my merbe yet as I am having microcurrent treatments at a salon, not sure if I should or shouldn't
any suggestions would be appreciated
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
After using the Baby Quasar serum with HA and green tea, as well as spraying with water to keep it moist, I do think that something more cost effective is in order.
I am going to try Kassy's recipe for the HA. What I wondered is this: Since I make my own C serum and a separate niacinamide serum, can I just apply them separately as I do in my regular routine, and then apply the HA gel in Kassy's recipe on top of that? I am not a skilled formulator, so maybe someone that is can chime in here and let me know if this would work, or if I should blend all of it in together and apply at the same time.
Also, I have been looking for gels online, and noticed that the Fyola one that is available is the purple container "skin food" or "toning gel" rather than the tubes of gel (the blue and the silver gray ones, which I understand are the actually the same product).Has anyone used the "skin food" fyola gel ? The Sqoom manual seems to say that you need to use different settings depending on what you want your gel to do, so would the "skin food" be the nutrition setting or do you guys think you could use an HA gel with actives on a number of the settings? Thanks for any thoughts anyone has on this subject.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone who is interested...I emailed Sqoom to find out what the "power program" was (for anyone who has been using their Sqoom for a while and not seeing the desired results- also assuming that you are using their gels) and this was their reply:

The power program of your SQOOM M1 is:

Monday:

Left side: 4 min. program M + 4 min. N

Right side: 4 min program M + 4 min N

Tuesday:

Left side: 4 min. program M + 4 min. L

Right side: 4 min program M + 4 min L

Wednesday:

Left side: 4 min. program M + 4 min. N

Right side: 4 min program M + 4 min N

And so on ….

Every day M.

Additional N and L change from day to day.

So your skin don’t have the possibility of habituation effect.

Changing is the best for better and faster success.

Best treatment time is in the evening.

After the treatment leave the hyaGel on your surface and use it like a nightmask over the night.

Wash it off in the morning.

If you don’t have an impure skin, use the program C not every time, it’s enough to use it every other treatment day. Important: After the cleansing program wash it away with much of water, best without rubbing, very soft.

A good result you can see after every treatment.

A good level you can reach in 6-7-8 weeks (concerning individual condition of several skin). Then your natural and human moisture depot in the sin layer DERMIS is good saturated. Good refilled. And so you have reached a good level. And then you can hold this level in treading 1-2 times per week.

I hope someone finds this helpful Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
It's very helpful! Thanks doodles!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
So, if I interpret this correctly, they recommended the every day treatment (alternating N and L) for 6-8 weeks and then switching to 1-2 times a week.

This is different than what I'd seen before which was daily for 2 weeks and then 1-2 times a week.

I'd be interested in hearing results from anyone trying this.

Thanks for posting it.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
The manual I first printed out in English for the Sqoom did not have the suggested treatments in it. When I saw the other manual online, that one had a recommendation of treating twice a week, but said you could do more if you wanted. The second version of the manual also had pictures of a woman's face, with arrows indicating the directions you should move the device-- different for cleansing, massage and lifting.
I have to say I am liking my device and decided I will go ahead and try the snail gels they sent me with mine. I am also going to make Kassy's HA serum (thank you so much for posting this Kassy!) and use my C and niacinamide serums with the HA serum.
Thanks again to all who have contributed their experience and thoughts on this thread -- the input has been invaluable . I love this place!
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
That's interesting - they told me (via email) first 3 weeks 4 min M and 4 min N each side then next 3 weeks 4 min N and 4 min L each side - every day and only cleansing twice a week - seems like everyone gets different instructions!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
For anyone who is interested...I emailed Sqoom to find out what the "power program" was (for anyone who has been using their Sqoom for a while and not seeing the desired results- also assuming that you are using their gels) and this was their reply:

I hope someone finds this helpful Smile

Doodles, thanks so much for this info!

LizzieG wrote:
- seems like everyone gets different instructions!

I totally agree with this, lol. Based on how many versions of instructions I saw printed in various brochures online, I am not surprised at all. Growing pains maybe?

LizzieG wrote:
I'm now going to start using the lift programme. I think some others felt they got better results using only 2 or 3 times a week and that might be the best way to go because I haven't noticed anything dramatic so far but think my skin looks generally better and using the RO gel has definitely reduced my redness - would also like to thank everyone for their input!

Lizzie, I love the Lifting program...that is where I have seen the most results. The RO gel is also my favorite...I started using it shortly before I moved (and I haven't started up treatments yet, sigh) and saw a marked reduction in redness. I haven't used it for about 6 weeks now, and I can see the redness returning. Embarassed I need to get back on the RO!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Question for those of you using Sqoom or any US / Galvanic device.

I'm having really impressive results with the device that I have. Especially on my neck, jawline, chin, lips - WOW.

But not so much around the eye. I don't want to get too close to my eye with this - is anyone seeing any good results with their eyelids or any lifting there?

If so, what are you doing to get those?

TIA!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:20 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Question for those of you using Sqoom or any US / Galvanic device.

I'm having really impressive results with the device that I have. Especially on my neck, jawline, chin, lips - WOW.

But not so much around the eye. I don't want to get too close to my eye with this - is anyone seeing any good results with their eyelids or any lifting there?

If so, what are you doing to get those?

TIA!

I would say that my results are consistent with yours...no miracles around the eyes, other than improved drainage under them. I think I am going to have to pull my Safetox back out or start back up on the eye exercises to get the improvement I had before.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Is that the device that I also bought on Ebay? I never even opened it!

Or is that something different?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:19 am      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
I have been using it about 5 times a week for 3 weeks - 4 minutes massage and 4 minutes nutrition on each side - I'm now going to start using the lift programme. I think some others felt they got better results using only 2 or 3 times a week and that might be the best way to go because I haven't noticed anything dramatic so far but think my skin looks generally better and using the RO gel has definitely reduced my redness - would also like to thank everyone for their input!

Hi Lizzie - What is RO gel? Thanks. Sis

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Hi Lizzie - What is RO gel? Thanks. Sis

It is one of the Sqoom medical grade gels designed to reduce redness associated with rosacea.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I started using the Merbe again after taking almost 2 months off from all skin stuff. After 2 treatments I am right back to loving this thing, and wishing I hadn't taken a break!

My current protocol is applying Epionce Melanolyte (for pigmentation), followed by a squirt of both the HyaGel and the RO MedGel (for redness). Mixing the 2 definitely is more economical than using just the HyaGel alone as it seemed to evaporate so quickly. Now it doesn't start to get dry at all until I am nearly finished my 2nd 4 min cycle.

FYI that I am doing the power program that Doodles shared with us above, except that I am treating my forehead as a 3rd zone. So basically I am doing Massage every time and alternating Nutrition and Lift. I am also not necessarily doing it every day (more like 3-4 times a week).
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I really like how my Merbe is cleaning out my pores. I have only used the cleanse function a few times, but concentrating it on my nose and cheeks beside my nose has really helped with some pesky blocked pores. I use it with a MVO cleanser. I am also using the MVO treatment oil and serum at night (not with the Merbe, can't do oils with it, I think), and feel this has really helped the clarity of my skin and to
sooth the roughness due to cold weather. Using the massage and lifting functions I can really tell a difference, especially my jaw line and chin. I do my neck too, and it looks thinner and tighter. I broke down and ordered some of the sqoom gels to see how they work with more hA than is in my BQ serum, but I will probably make my own from Kassy's recipe.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
I really like how my Merbe is cleaning out my pores. I have only used the cleanse function a few times, but concentrating it on my nose and cheeks beside my nose has really helped with some pesky blocked pores. I use it with a MVO cleanser. I am also using the MVO treatment oil and serum at night (not with the Merbe, can't do oils with it, I think), and feel this has really helped the clarity of my skin and to
sooth the roughness due to cold weather. Using the massage and lifting functions I can really tell a difference, especially my jaw line and chin. I do my neck too, and it looks thinner and tighter. I broke down and ordered some of the sqoom gels to see how they work with more hA than is in my BQ serum, but I will probably make my own from Kassy's recipe.

I'd like to hear what you think of the Sqoom gels after you try them. I've not purchased but keep debating.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie is using the Sqoom gels as well...hopefully she will weigh in. I personally love them, but detest the high price.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
The challenging part of this entire device is coming up with a gel that will act like a conductor for the device so products can push in, as well as the appropriate vehicle for the actives themselves. I can't wait to get them, but I think they will be late for Christmas.
too bad EDS can't sell the gels!
I like the idea of the DIY from Kassy but my DIY is mostly hits, with a few misses, so it'll take some experimenting.
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the sqoom gels too and really like the effect it's having on my skin - very plumped - when I used to push the side of my face up with my hand I would get lots of creased skin - now when I push up its much firmer and much less creased - quite a dramatic difference - don't know if I've explained that very well! Also as I said before the RO gel is helping with redness and does help to extend the hyagel - but I haven't used other gels with it so can't make comparisons
havana8

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Are there English instructions for the Merbe somewhere? I'm finally charging mine up and notice that the enclosed booklets are in Korean with occasional English words / headings. TIA!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |