Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
karmin

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just found this on You tube- It is a recipe for making your own ultrasound gel

It won't last that long -maybe a week in the refrigerator, but it is inexpensive

I tried to post the you tube address- but this site won't let me. How do the rest of you ladies post youtube video links? there must be way to do it.

Just type in:
Make your own ultrasound gel: the movie

If I make this gel which mode would I use on my machine? massage and or lifting?
karmin

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a $50 kockoff from ebay----
Latest Ultrasound Galvanic Therapy LED Light Microcurrent Gloves 6in1 Ultrasonic (I tried to post the website address but this site won't allow me)

It has gloves but I don't know if they can compare to the PICO gloves everyone loves here. I figure I won't be out a lot of money and it can help me with the product penetration and some skin plumping. I saw a similar unit on ebay for $300 so it makes you wonder if they are the same with a high markup.

There are no gels with it and I know the sqoom gels are the best but the price is pretty high with shipping. I'm taking notes on what everyone else is substituting.
I plan on getting a derma pen from your own doc when it comes out in a few months to help with acne scarring but I know that is a different forum.

It is coming from china so I have a few weeks to get my gels. I hope I can get some good results like most of you have gotten.
Some one said she uses it after the dermapen or derma rolling and it helps heal the skin faster.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Who says the SQOOM gels are the best? My experience with them is that they are loaded with alcohol! The only advantage I see with them is that they use a specific kDa of hyaluronic acid, and anyone can make a HA gel, as you've found out, and add a few actives to it. No brainer.

"The main ingredients in the gels are celebrated anti-ageing elixir hyarulonic acid (HA), aloe vera to moisturise, argireline for a botox- like effect and panthenol, jojoba oil and chamomile extracts to soothe the skin. The SQOOM fragmented HA has been specially engineered to create smaller molecules that can be driven by the software technology deep into the skin."
http://drserene.com/sqoom-about.php

And as we've found out, aloe vera is cytotoxic in the presence of UV light. Not a good ingredient. Argireline is controversial and there are plenty better peptides out there IMHO. Its the HA doing the work.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Well I got my machine - now I need some gel- aloe vera is out so what is a good one we can leave on?
here are some I have heard suggested-
gels to buy :MCR from Texas Beauty Institute (great hydration) and one called Skinagain.
spray rose water
Trace 60 Conductive Electrolyte Spray & Skin Prep Solution for Electrotherapy Pain Treatment (4 oz.) $9
MyFawnies peptide US serum

this site won't let me post the websites - but I see other people doing it- what am I doing wrong?
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:47 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
denesiel-- the Merbe is great and less expensive and you can use Squoom gels or other gels with it. I have some from Texas Beauty institute that I think are really good.

Hi sister sweets,

I just saw your post now - found it when searching info about the Merbe. So thank you for your recommendation and sorry I am late in acknowledging!

So do you still think Merbe is as good as Sqoom? And may I ask where do you purchase and which gels do you use?

Dr. Serene says Sqoom can replace dermarolling so I am very interested in Sqoom or some similar device. Now I don't know:

1. What is the best device (given that I am dealing with melasma, starting to sag and get crows feet, and in late 40s)?

2. Can't get Sqoom gels where I live so need to find an equivalent and hopefully cheaper substitute.

I have read the Sqoom threads on EDS but still unsure which device to purchase (or is there another technology about to be launched....eek!).

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:21 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
denesiel-- the Merbe is great and less expensive and you can use Squoom gels or other gels with it. I have some from Texas Beauty institute that I think are really good.

2. Can't get Sqoom gels where I live so need to find an equivalent and hopefully cheaper substitute.

If anyone is interested, Texas Beauty Institute sent the ingredients list:

MCR WITH DERMALASTYL CONDUCTION GEL

Complete Ingredients: water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) seed oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene glycol*, Isopropyl palmitate, Glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, Cetyl alcohol, Stearic acid, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Matrixyl 3000 (Butylene glycol, Polysorbate-20, Palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7), Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Acetyl hexapeptide-8 (Argireline), Carbomer, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, **Butylene glycol, Sorbic acid, Selenomethionine (Prolisel), Fragrance, Tropoelastin (Elastatropin)

Does anyone see issues with using this with Sqoom/Merbe? Looks like it has some great actives.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:58 am      Reply with quote
MCR WITH DERMALASTYL CONDUCTION GEL

Complete Ingredients: water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) seed oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene glycol*, Isopropyl palmitate, Glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, Cetyl alcohol, Stearic acid, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Matrixyl 3000 (Butylene glycol, Polysorbate-20, Palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7), Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Acetyl hexapeptide-8 (Argireline), Carbomer, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, **Butylene glycol, Sorbic acid, Selenomethionine (Prolisel), Fragrance, Tropoelastin (Elastatropin)

There are some good things in it, but there are too many chemicals in it that I would not want pushed into my skin. DMDM Hydantoin is a known irritant, for one thing, and PEGs can be contaminated with by products of petroleum distillation. Fragrances also can be irritating and should not be pushed into the skin.

Emulsifiers like cetearyl and cetyl alcohol (and the others used here) can upset the barrier function of the skin if they are pushed into the skin. Why would anyone want to push them into the deeper layers? And dimethicone? Its only for plastering over the top of the skin to give the illusion of good skin, why would I want to deeply infuse it?

Just my 2¢ before taxes ...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
There are some good things in it, but there are too many chemicals in it that I would not want pushed into my skin. DMDM Hydantoin is a known irritant, for one thing, and PEGs can be contaminated with by products of petroleum distillation. Fragrances also can be irritating and should not be pushed into the skin.

Emulsifiers like cetearyl and cetyl alcohol (and the others used here) can upset the barrier function of the skin if they are pushed into the skin. Why would anyone want to push them into the deeper layers? And dimethicone? Its only for plastering over the top of the skin to give the illusion of good skin, why would I want to deeply infuse it?

Just my 2¢ before taxes ...

Thanks fawnie, appreciate your advice! Do you recommend any other HA based gel that is less expensive than the Sqoom products?

denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:01 am      Reply with quote
The Rex Kara II has a titanuim coated head (Sqoom also has a titanium (not sure if only coated) head. But the description says the RK reduces fat pads: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896314001

I definitely do not want to lose facial fat. Is anyone losing their facial fat and if so, which device are you using (Sqoom, Merbe, Iola, Fyola, Rex Kara, etc)?

zucker

Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I have two used merbe sitting here which I am willing to sell if anyone here is interested for $ 110 plus postage each. Just send me a pm.
They come with the original box. I have been using two devices, one in each hand to cut treatment time in half. I found that very convenient and I used them for two months like that.
I am selling them because I moved on to microcurrent and do not have time for both modalities.
For the first person deciding to buy, I am giving free a spare full Squoom xCential booster gel.
I have tried three of the Squoom gels with the merbe but greatly prefer the Fyola gel which comes with the device or any diy serums.
zucker

Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Just to answer the question in the post earlier if that is still a concern for some: I have not been loosing facial fat during my two-month trial of the merbe and subsequently neither. I was wary of that since my face is very slim and I as a lady of a certain age I need to take very good care of the facial fat I still have. And I don“t wish to take Catherine Deneuve`s route of choosing between a full face or a toned body:)
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone want to sell their Merbe? There are two of us interested in purchasing a used one.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
hi, are these for sale?

zucker wrote:
I have two used merbe sitting here which I am willing to sell if anyone here is interested for $ 110 plus postage each. Just send me a pm.
They come with the original box. I have been using two devices, one in each hand to cut treatment time in half. I found that very convenient and I used them for two months like that.
I am selling them because I moved on to microcurrent and do not have time for both modalities.
For the first person deciding to buy, I am giving free a spare full Squoom xCential booster gel.
I have tried three of the Squoom gels with the merbe but greatly prefer the Fyola gel which comes with the device or any diy serums.

zucker

Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Denisiel, both are sold and shipped already. Sorry about this.... I hope you find another offer somewhere else soon for a used merbe.
bodyskincare
5% products discount

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. Interesting post and a lot of reading (26 pages) Smile

By the way ladies. I saw someone talking about the Fyola ingredients in Korean. I wouldn't trust a product if I don't know what's inside.

I have found the official Fyola website here:www.Fyola.com

They have the Fyola skin food (60ml) with 100% natural ingredients. It's made in Canada.

See the complete list of ingredients here:
http://www.fyola.com/facialtreatment/fyola-gel.shtml

I also found the specifications of the Fyola lite:

Specifications of Facial Machine:
- Battery: 2 X AA batteries
- Size: 39 x 198mm
- Ultrasound Frequency: 1 Mhz

It was somewhere hidden at the bottom of the product page. You need to read through the page.

I don't know about the LED Photon and Galvanic specs. You to Need email their customer support

I also saw someone talking about the vibration of ultrasound wave. You need to drop water or alcohol on the facial head and press on button sonic to see the vibration.

Don't put the machine into the water. It's not waterproof. Very Happy Very Happy

Hope my answers can help you.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've had the Rex Kara II now for 1.5 years. I used it consistently last fall and saw wonderful changes in my skin. Friends were constantly asking me what I was using.

I got caught up in a long, time consuming project and slacked off.

I've just restarted using it along with my Baby Quasar and again - am very happy with what I'm seeing. The BQ MD-Pro takes about 6 months of continued use to see real long-term changes.

The Rex Kara happens much more quickly but it still takes continued use to see real changes. I have photos of my jaw and chin before and after and the difference is obvious. Especially for marionette lines. I don't use either close to my eyes, so no changes. Wish I felt confident it was safe around the eyes, would like to use for the upper eyelids.

In my 50's - these tools have really, truly worked for me! And I'm not easy to please. I want real results. I like the fact that the RK has 1.7 MHz. That was the power that I wanted. Over 1 but not higher than 2. Appreciate all the info on these forums, helped me make my purchase.

BTW - the only setting on the RK that says fat reduction is setting #4. I've used that on areas that need more firming. I've experienced zero fat reduction on face but I have had real firming.
TTracy

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking for a great HYA, I looked at the below and none of those are pure HYA
they are basically a salt of the HA.

CookieD wrote:
Here is a list of all the DIY sites that sell HA and the weights of the HA they sell. If anyone knows any others fell free to add to the list.

Lotion Crafters
HA- 1000kDA
SLMW HA- <50kDA (avg. batch is 17kDA)
ULMW HA- 3-5 kDA

Garden of Wisdom
HA- 1000 kDA

BulkActives
HA- 1,320 kDA
ULMW- 5kDA

Making Cosmetics
HA- 800-1200 kDA
SLMW- <50kDa

SkinActives
HA- doesn't state but says by definition molecular weight of HA is in the millions

Skin Essential Actives
HA- 1500kDa
SLMW- .10x10-6 I take this to mean to the power of 6 which would make it 100kDa

Sell HA but don't state the molecular weight

Ingredients to die for
The Personal formulator
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2018 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Selling my Sqoom - good price - pm me if interested
Willy von Whompers

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Does this device purchased from Germany work with our Canadian electrical system? Please can anyone tell me, I can't find a definitive answer on line.
Willy von Whompers

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Updating to add the device does mean you have to purchase a universal adaptor to make the F plug work,just in case anyone is interested. Costs about $20 from Best Buy.

The Sqoom is friggin amazing...used it for nearly four weeks now and I can't say enough about it. It works, it really works. I am over the moon with how good this product is. Sadly expensive, and sadly so are the gels, but I am definitely continuing on with this one. And my Light Stim. Both excellent products. Better than I hoped.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I have never heard of it. But I have now, thanks to you Wink

Moon wrote:
Just wondering if anyone here is using the Sqoom? Am now finally in a position where I can purchase it but want to be sure it is worth the money. Reviews would me much appreciated Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |