Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:59 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:

There are 2 ultrasound + galvanic devices at a lower cost:

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/Item.aspx?goodscode=174201197&pos_shop_cd=EN&pos_class_cd=90000001&pos_class_kind=T&keyword_order=%C0%CC%BF%C2+%B8%B6%BB%E7%C1%F6

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/Item.aspx?goodscode=115842124&pos_shop_cd=EN&pos_class_cd=90000001&pos_class_kind=T&keyword_order=%C0%CC%BF%C2+%B8%B6%BB%E7%C1%F6

Both are of 1 mhz too.

The original version of the Beauly (there is a I and a II) was the predecessor to the Fyola...expand the description section for more info.

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/Item.aspx?goodscode=115842124&pos_shop_cd=EN&pos_class_cd=90000001&pos_class_kind=T&keyword_order=%C0%CC%BF%C2+%B8%B6%BB%E7%C1%F6

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:18 am      Reply with quote
After owning my Sqoom for a while now, I can confirm that the battery is indeed of high quality. We had renovations done during Nov/Dec/Jan 2012-2013, and the Sqoom got chucked into a storage box along with everything else. When I pulled it out, it was still fully charged, having been out of its cradle for several months.

Oh, and I never take the cradle away with me on holiday, only the handset. The charge always lasts me my average 10 day holiday.

Sqoom are now renting their devices in Germany in Austria
http://www.sqoom.com/en/meta/rent-a-sqoom/
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:45 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Sqoom says there is no such thing as overuse

Actually they say you shouldn't use it for more than 16 minutes per day in the following video (first one):

http://www.sqoom.com/en/meta/sqoom-movies/

This correlates to what I was told by customer services when I first purchased mine.

Here is the program I was given via email:

Day1: 4 min. M + 4 min. L on each side of the face
Day2: 4 min. M + 4 min. N on each side of the face
and so on
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:23 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
bethany wrote:
Sqoom says there is no such thing as overuse

Actually they say you shouldn't use it for more than 16 minutes per day in the following video (first one):

http://www.sqoom.com/en/meta/sqoom-movies/

This correlates to what I was told by customer services when I first purchased mine.

Here is the program I was given via email:

Day1: 4 min. M + 4 min. L on each side of the face
Day2: 4 min. M + 4 min. N on each side of the face
and so on

It sounds like they are giving out conflicting info...why does this not surprise me?

Quote:

Do I have to run through each of the set programmes every time I use SQOOM? What if I don’t have enough time to do the full 12 minutes?

The programme has been developed to allow you to get the most out of SQOOM, but if you miss a session or have to cut it short, there will be no repercussions and you can always do a longer session if you have more time. There is no such thing as over SQOOM-ing!

Personally I think less is probably more.

Karenlee - what about the cleansing cycle? Did they advise that you do that each time?

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
No - the manual "suggests" you use it each time before treatment, but customer support didn't mention it. Probably because I didn't ask.

Personally, I tried the cleansing cycle and didn't like it, it took too long and besides, I like to just whizz quickly around my face with foaming face wash (I use Dermalogica mostly), the gel felt too fussy for me.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
No - the manual "suggests" you use it each time before treatment, but customer support didn't mention it. Probably because I didn't ask.

Personally, I tried the cleansing cycle and didn't like it, it took too long and besides, I like to just whizz quickly around my face with foaming face wash (I use Dermalogica mostly), the gel felt too fussy for me.

Ok....thanks! I am looking at the Sqoom manual now, and they are recommending 2 of the 4 min cycles for everything other than cleansing, which is different than what they told you in your email. I wonder if things have changed since you purchased, and which of the protocols are out of date? Ugh...everything has to be so complicated, lol.

I am going to try checking with both Sqoom and Dr Serene and see what kind of info we can get.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
From the Sqoom.Global facebook page:

Quote:
Plunging necklines are a must this spring. For a smoother, crease free decolletage, you can treat your skin with SQOOM.
SQOOM M1: 12 min 3/N with xcential hyaGel.
SQOOM M2: 12 min 3/W with xcential hyaGel

Quote:
As well as stocking up on lip balm, you can use SQOOM to heal your lips - simply treat them with xcential hyaGel - 2 minutes programme M (Massage) and 2 minutes progamme N (Nutrition). Soon your lips will regain their usual moisture and look great again.

Quote:
SUN KISSSED? SUNBURNED? ALWAYS SQOOM AFTER THE SUN!

We’ve already told you that too much sun exposure can severely affect the aging process. Your skin ages faster, but then again you were having so much fun at the beach or pool, you lost track of time, so here you are sun kissed? Sunburned?

SQOOM together with xcential hyaGel have a super moisturizing effect which results from its low molecular bi-hyaluronic acid and aloe inner – leaf gel in a glycerol matrix, which is a very intensive and long lasting moisture optimization for the skin. Xcential hyaGel is also packed with dittrichia viscosa extract which has a very protective and repairing effect in case of cell damage, specifically caused by UV radiation.

So sun kissed? Sun burned? Here is our advice!
1. Apply a generous amount of xcential hyaGel on the affected area.
2. Treat first with program M (Massage) for 4-8 minutes then N (Nutrition) for 4-8 minutes.
3. Leave the leftover gel as a mask.

Quote:
SQOOM for botox lovers

Botox users can look unnatural and expressionless. SQOOM concept allows you to show all your facial emotions but smoothes wrinkles when your face is in a relaxed state. Regular botox users can extend botox effectiveness if they SQOOM their faces after botox treatments (wait three days after treatment before using).

Quote:
SQOOM for acne - (use medgel GelComplexAK)

A holistic acne solution. SQOOM is the first breakthrough product to use ultrasound with a targeted specific frequency to totally unblock ducts, while gels combat scarring and pigmentation. Many products treat acne by drying the skin. This works in the short-term, but is not a good idea long term because dried-up cells exfoliate and die, then block ducts, which results in sebum accumulation, stagnation and inflammation (acne). This acne treatment opens up ducts and rehydrates the skin. Follow it up with GelComplexNA (a medgel), which reduces scar appearance, and DeSpot Gel, which reduces pigmentation. One of the few acne treatments which doesn’t make your skin sun sensitive and has no side effects. Will treat the spectrum of acne disorders from mild to the most severe.

5% products discount

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
This is kind of why I'm looking for 2MHz. In the middle.

AND I want a money-back warranty. This is still a lot of money. I like that Jenu gives a 60 DAY full return. That tells you something!!

BUT - what is the MHz? I'm still not sure. I've emailed them again. I also asked if it can be used over the entire face. Which I'm sure the answer is yes as it is also for the lips. Their serums are not expensive either. There is a video review of it here >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcNX_seM8g
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNHBsadAUDw

Also check out the reviews of the Opal on Amazon. The only people who didn't give 4-5 was because the unit broke! Smile
http://www.amazon.com/Clarisonic-Sonic-Infusion-System-Aging/dp/B004VJ56AK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378064633&sr=8-1&keywords=clarisonic+opal
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Finally! A 24 week protocol for the Sqoom M2 device. It differs from the M1 in that the Nutrition mode is gone, and you can no longer select the Ion vs Ultra nor the Low/Med/High.

See page 10 for the protocol...it basically says once a week, but you can get faster results by doing 2-3 treatments a week for Weeks 1-6.

http://www.sqoom.com/uploads/media/114.201304.EN_manual_M2_01.pdf

I will say that my face feels a bit funny today, even though I did not do more than maybe 16 mins at the most (20 is the max). I am definitely going to take tonight off, and am cutting back to 2-3x a week. I did 4 days in a row and just don't like the odd feeling. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Rapunzell wrote:
This is kind of why I'm looking for 2MHz. In the middle.

AND I want a money-back warranty. This is still a lot of money. I like that Jenu gives a 60 DAY full return. That tells you something!!

BUT - what is the MHz? I'm still not sure. I've emailed them again. I also asked if it can be used over the entire face. Which I'm sure the answer is yes as it is also for the lips. Their serums are not expensive either. There is a video review of it here >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcNX_seM8g
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNHBsadAUDw

Also check out the reviews of the Opal on Amazon. The only people who didn't give 4-5 was because the unit broke! Smile
http://www.amazon.com/Clarisonic-Sonic-Infusion-System-Aging/dp/B004VJ56AK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378064633&sr=8-1&keywords=clarisonic+opal

I would recommend starting a new thread for the Jenu, since that device is not the same as the Sqoom...it is ultrasound only, and Sqoom is galvanic/ultrasound. I think an Opal thread already exists if you want to bump that too so that we can stay on topic here. Thanks!

5% products discount

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
OK

But I find that these posts get too confusing. There doesn't seem to be one post on here to get 99% of the info. You have to jump around, try to find it and if you ask something slightly different. Start a new post.

Very disjointed.

But I guess that's the rule here! I get it! Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Rapunzell wrote:
OK

But I find that these posts get too confusing. There doesn't seem to be one post on here to get 99% of the info. You have to jump around, try to find it and if you ask something slightly different. Start a new post.

Very disjointed.

It's the difference between a general discussion thread, and a specific product discussion thread. Unfortunately someone is going to view it as disjointed either way, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Rapunzell wrote:
OK

Very disjointed.

Hi Rapunzell, I think by either starting a new post or finding a thread about the topic that has already been started, helps keep all the information about that one particular gadget/product all in one place. Otherwise people will not be able to find a review or information about something without going through 20 or 100 pages of information they have no interest in. It is kind of what you mention you what in your post above. That way if someone googles JeNu review your post will come up and they can find the information. Otherwise a person doesn't know to google Squoom and hope some information about the JeNu comes up. Do you see the point in this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, thanks for the snippets of different protocols - I've just done the lip one (2 min M and 2 min N) and my lips look great! (I guess it's like the pump your muscles get for a short while right after doing weight training). Nice to do just before going out.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
So who just bought the super cheap Fyola on ebay? What a steal!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
From the Sqoom.Global facebook page:

Quote:
As well as stocking up on lip balm, you can use SQOOM to heal your lips - simply treat them with xcential hyaGel - 2 minutes programme M (Massage) and 2 minutes progamme N (Nutrition). Soon your lips will regain their usual moisture and look great again.

Quote:
SUN KISSSED? SUNBURNED? ALWAYS SQOOM AFTER THE SUN!

We’ve already told you that too much sun exposure can severely affect the aging process. Your skin ages faster, but then again you were having so much fun at the beach or pool, you lost track of time, so here you are sun kissed? Sunburned?

SQOOM together with xcential hyaGel have a super moisturizing effect which results from its low molecular bi-hyaluronic acid and aloe inner – leaf gel in a glycerol matrix, which is a very intensive and long lasting moisture optimization for the skin. Xcential hyaGel is also packed with dittrichia viscosa extract which has a very protective and repairing effect in case of cell damage, specifically caused by UV radiation.

So sun kissed? Sun burned? Here is our advice!
1. Apply a generous amount of xcential hyaGel on the affected area.
2. Treat first with program M (Massage) for 4-8 minutes then N (Nutrition) for 4-8 minutes.
3. Leave the leftover gel as a mask.

Quote:
SQOOM for botox lovers

Botox users can look unnatural and expressionless. SQOOM concept allows you to show all your facial emotions but smoothes wrinkles when your face is in a relaxed state. Regular botox users can extend botox effectiveness if they SQOOM their faces after botox treatments (wait three days after treatment before using).

Bethany, does your Merbe unit have equivalent settings for these functions? And has a consensus been reached regarding whether or not regular HA will work well with these, or is that still up in the air?

(I actually did read the thread, but my poor brain is having a hard time keeping up... if only there was a device to raise one's IQ Neutral )

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

(I actually did read the thread, but my poor brain is having a hard time keeping up... if only there was a device to raise one's IQ Neutral )

Sometimes I wonder if all the electrical current zapping into my brain from all the gadgets I use isn't equal to a frontal lobotomy!! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if all the electrical current zapping into my brain from all the gadgets I use isn't equal to a frontal lobotomy!! Bad Grin

OMG - I think you might be right.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

If it makes life more tolerable, I am all for it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Bethany, does your Merbe unit have equivalent settings for these functions? And has a consensus been reached regarding whether or not regular HA will work well with these, or is that still up in the air?

Yes it does. Fyola = Sqoom M1 = Merbe (with maybe the exception of a titanium transducer and a diff battery).

Regular HA does not penetrate as deeply as LMW or ULMW HA (as used by Sqoom). Sqoom advertises that their gel penetrates more deeply at the dermis level and fills gaps between cells to minimize wrinkles. I believe we can create similar gels, but to Kassy's point via PM do we want HA (which attracts 1,000 times it's weight in water) to pull moisture internally. Something to think about.

But at this point I am thinking that pulling moisture internally is better than pulling from the skin surface since the goal is to replace lost HA in our aging skin that was previously there anyway?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

If it makes life more tolerable, I am all for it!

The Merbe has officially been bumped to the top of my wishlist... Smile

ETA: Thank you, Bethany, for clarifying re: the devices, and the issues with different types of HA. This is sounding like a pretty solid purchase.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have lost my post 2 different times and I am not going to rewrite it. Below is a very interesting study about the different HA weights and whether they induce inflammation, get absorbed by the skin and which weight works best on wrinkles.

Botton line 50 kDa seems to be the best. I suggest you read the study if you are interested.

http://personal-care.evonik.com/product/personal-care/en/media-center/downloads/publications/Documents/sofw-hyacare-50.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I have lost my post 2 different times and I am not going to rewrite it. Below is a very interesting study about the different HA weights and whether they induce inflammation, get absorbed by the skin and which weight works best on wrinkles.

Botton line 50 kDa seems to be the best. I suggest you read the study if you are interested.

http://personal-care.evonik.com/product/personal-care/en/media-center/downloads/publications/Documents/sofw-hyacare-50.pdf

lotioncrafters LMW HA is way smaller than 20K dalton, it's only 3 to 5 K dalton! Acoording to the above study anything smaller than 20 K dalton should not be applied.

I made the above mentioned statement assuming 1 k dalton= 1000 daltons , does it?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Further to the discussion on MHz - I found this on a website discussing the new Fyola Lite:

Quote:
Currently in USA, Ultherapy is the only FDA approved US device for non-surgical facelift procedures.
Of course this for use in a cosmetic/clinic setting and energy fluences are much higher than the one used in Fyola device only 1 MHz to 3 MHz, which is significantly smaller and is being used by beauticians for many years now.
This will obviously not cause a significant improvement as the clinical device, but will help clear the skin, will improve fine lines, may reduce inflammation and acne, and might have minimal effects on melanocytes (i.e. evening out skin tone). It may have beneficial effects on lymph circulation, since US waves create a tissue massaging effect, so this might help eye circles, it remains to seen. Unfortunately no studies have been conducted on such devices like Fyola, and one can expect mild improvement. I don’t expect a lot of deep benefits like helping stretch marks, and improve sagging skin since you need a much higher energy output to produce significant thermal damage and hence colllagen production.
http://www.chiactivate.com/products/skincareproduct/whyfyola-facialmassager.shtml

I wonder if the statement about 1-3 MHz is correct and if it also applies to the other Fyola/Merbe/SQOOM devices. I tend to agree with the comments regarding sagging skin needing a higher energy output to see lifting.

ETA: Just found this on the Fyola website:

Quote:
3MHz is the most common treatment mode for the facial area.
http://www.fyola.com/facialtreatment/ultrasound-facial.shtml

All very confusing!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I see the fyola is back on ebay $159 this time and still only one left!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |