Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany or anyone else please.. have u used your merbe/sqoom only with HA serums or otherwise as well? I was wondering if merbe/sqoom would be effective if used without HA. I would like to achieve long term benefits n not just short term ones as would be provided by deeper penetration of HA. Like lotusesther mentioned in the HA thread that peri n post menopausal skin lacks HA, I dont think mine would at this time and may be this is the reason why I didnt notice any difference when I used HA ( i didnt use any ultrasound with it).

Cookie, u did mention the LeMieux O2 calming gel , sorry I was not able to find it's ingredient list , does it contain HA? TIA!
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
More from Harrods...

Quote:
I would like to advise you the SQOOM has also been on the Market in Germany since 2009. The idea for the product came from Schick Medical and was developed with the company in Korea who manufacture the product. Schick Medical decided not to take their SQOOM product to North America so the manufacturer produced a slightly different version (Fyola) using cheaper materials and sold it in the US. Fyola looks exactly the same but is of a lesser quality so the results will not be as effective – SQOOM is the only company making and selling the gels. The technique we use is called Synchron Technology – it is a unique mix of ultrasound and ionisation. Fyola uses a similar technology but not at the same intensity and also not with the range of waves per second. You have bought a skin treatment system, that when used together will give you the optimum treatment for anti-ageing or skin complaints. You currently have the best product on the market providing the best level of treatment. There is a lesser model, which of course you could use, but you will not get the same treatment. As always, if you buy a cheaper product you get a cheaper quality which in this case means a reduced level of treatment.

If this is true does it mean we'd have to use the merbe/fyola more often or for longer to get the same results or that we just wouldn't get the same results?

I posted this on the skindream thread by mistake - that's where the quote came from
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lizzie, Have you heard of the 80/20 rule? While I haven't used the Sqoom, I am impressed enough with the Merbe to doubt that they can be THAT much different. Plus I think the tool is only part of the Sqoom's success...the gels are also a huge piece of it.

Last night I was thinking about what I would do if my Merbe broke...would I buy a Merbe, or upgrade to a Sqoom? I had a tough time answering that question, because I am just not sure the Sqoom is worth so much more money.

Cookie - do you have the specs from the Merbe manual? I have no idea since mine is in Korean.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Bethany or anyone else please.. have u used your merbe/sqoom only with HA serums or otherwise as well? I was wondering if merbe/sqoom would be effective if used without HA. I would like to achieve long term benefits n not just short term ones as would be provided by deeper penetration of HA. Like lotusesther mentioned in the HA thread that peri n post menopausal skin lacks HA, I dont think mine would at this time and may be this is the reason why I didnt notice any difference when I used HA ( i didnt use any ultrasound with it).

I have only used mine with the HA gel that came with it (as well as other actives under it).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've been thinking about the sqoom too but don't think I can pay that much - and im encouraged by your early results. I was thinking of maybe getting a merbe and trying it with the sqoom gel. What do you mean by 80/20 rule? Also won't the specs for the merbe be the same for the fyola?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
I've been thinking about the sqoom too but don't think I can pay that much - and im encouraged by your early results. I was thinking of maybe getting a merbe and trying it with the sqoom gel. What do you mean by 80/20 rule? Also won't the specs for the merbe be the same for the fyola?

The specs should be the same, but I would like to know what the current specs...I found where the published Sqoom specs changed over time and the other devices may have as well.

There are many versions of the 80/20 rule, but in this case I would guess that X amount of research and effort went into creating the Fyola (which I think came BEFORE Sqoom) and delivering 80% of the possible results. Sqoom may have tweaked the tool a bit, but you are probably only going to get an additional 20% (at most) more...so does that justify the significantly higher price tag? In my personal case right now the answer is no...the Merbe fit into my budget way better than the sqoom did. (Though I may end up using their gels)

However, unless we have research that shows the differences, we really don't know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, the only specs in my Merbe manual are for the charging unit. I did look on the bottom of my charger and it has a date. 3-26-13 I assume this was the date it was made and also says made in Korea.

Daler, the LeMieux calming gel does have HA in it but it doesn't say the weight. I am assuming it is regular HA. I haven't been using the massage mode until now so it will be interesting if I start seeing a "filling out of my face". I haven't always used it with HA though. I think it would work on lymph drainage regardless. I do think I am seeing better results now that I have started using other programs. I will have to keep an eye on it.

I have read that we lose HA as we get older. I don't remember the specifics but you definitely have less as you get older. Daler I don't think you have to be peri or post menopausal. I think you start losing HA in your 30's. I will see if I can find the link that I read.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany and Cookie...

btw, I read either somewhere on eds or on some other site that ultrasound devcies help break up scar tissue, any comments on it? Thanks
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

btw, I read either somewhere on eds or on some other site that ultrasound devcies help break up scar tissue, any comments on it? Thanks

I know when my DH dislocated his shoulder the PT used ultrasound on his shoulder for the scar tissue. I don't know the strength/rating of the ultrasound that was used.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

Richard Huber said something similar in the 302 thread, that US devices can break up scar tissue and the crosslinked proteins that make up wrinkles.

I will be perfectly honest here: one of my biggest fears with US devices is that with regular use, they might cause facial fat atrophy. This fear is probably unwarranted, I admit that, but I can't seem to stop worrying about it anyway.

The idea of adding HA to the inner layers of the skin is intriguing, though, and I do think I would benefit from that quite a bit. So I'll be paying close attention to this thread, and everyone's results. Fingers crossed that Merbe/Sqoom users find (or learn how to DIY) high-quality but cost effective gels, and see prolonged and sustainable benefits.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
OMG 'Low'... I'm so happy to see you back..

xox Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

I have read that we lose HA as we get older. I don't remember the specifics but you definitely have less as you get older. Daler I don't think you have to be peri or post menopausal. I think you start losing HA in your 30's. I will see if I can find the link that I read.

I just posted this in the HA thread, but I think it would be of interest to all here as well..

How the structure & function of skin changes throughout our life time:

http://manu.edu.mk/prilozi/7k.pdf

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
OMG 'Low'... I'm so happy to see you back..

xox Very Happy

wave You too, Kassy! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

I will be perfectly honest here: one of my biggest fears with US devices is that with regular use, they might cause facial fat atrophy. This fear is probably unwarranted, I admit that, but I can't seem to stop worrying about it anyway.

I'm happy to see you back here too!!

As far as concerns over fat loss - you may be thinking of Ultherapy - this is a type of ultrasound which uses extreme heat to heat the dermis and tighten the skin. I have read of some concerns over fat loss with this, but don't know whether they are really justified or not. One thing seems evident though, results don't seem to be that great - which is why I wonder how these home-use devices can tighten skin. However, I wouldn't be worrying about fat loss with them.

http://www.realself.com/question/new-york-ny-ultherapy-cause-natural-face-volume-loss-from-fat-graft-fillersbut

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

How the structure & function of skin changes throughout our life time:

http://manu.edu.mk/prilozi/7k.pdf

This is what we're battling: Confused

Quote:
Through certain research it was shown that in the second decade of life the collagen, collagen fibres and bundles participate with 70% of a total dermis and after the 60th year of the life they go down to the value of 40%.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to share a little story, which may or may not be related to this device. TMI perhaps, but just an FYI in case anyone else experiences this.

I am not overly acne prone at all. At 47 I have an occasional monthly pimple in the chin area, but nothing major. In the past I did have outbreaks related to certain products, but I have made sure to eliminate those ingredients that triggered the outbreak. Anyone remember the Remergent DNA line? The silicones in that line made me break out so badly on the sides on my face that it looked like a shark had bitten the sides of my face, lol. I think 17 mega zits at one time was the record for me, lol.

But fast forward to the last few years where I have limited my products to primarily Environ, and you could count my zits on one hand. Though I did have a few minor breakouts around my nose when I started the Epionce, but they passed very quickly.

Enter the Merbe, which I used for 5 days in a row. Zero outbreaks on my face, but I have been doing lots of swipes toward the ears as part of my lymphatic fluid movement efforts. No big deal, right? Except I just developed a mega zit INSIDE my ear. Shock Embarassed Shock The swelling was so bad that it actually ruptured and bled. Embarassed Nothing like this ever happens to me, so I attribute it most likely to increased circulation from the Merbe.

Morale of the story...be prepared for a little purging just in case it happens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I found this FAQ for Squoom today. It has some information about gel usage I hadn't seen before.
They claim a 50 ml gel will last 25-30 treatments. I don't know but that seems like a long time to me. Of course this is after you have been using it for awhile.

It also talks about the 1 MHz vs 3 MHz and some other things.

Bethany, it mentions a 20 power program to do if you are not seeing results. Do you know what this is?

The price is fairly high for the device and gels. The gels need to be purchased on a regular basis, too.

One gel (50 ml) if sufficient for approximately 25-30 treatments. When you decide to treat once a week the gel will last for up to five months. If you want to achieve faster results and decide to treat more often in the early stages of use in order to fill up the hyaluronic acid reserves in the dermis more quickly then the gels will last approximately one month.Your skin will need the most gel in the first few weeks of use and you will then notice from week to week that your skin absorbs less gel.With a normal and consistent treatment the gel will last about 2 months.

I have heard that devices with 1 MHz ultrasound frequency shouldn’t be used on the face, 3 MHz are better and won’t do any harm.

Concerning the ultrasound frequency, we are talking about an average of 1 MHz (1.000.000 vibrations per second). This frequency is adjusted to reach the promised deep layers of the skin (in our case: the dermis).This frequency is perfectly coordinated in its intensity so that there is no risk of endangering the skin on the face or anywhere else on the body – as long as the operating instructions are obeyed. The common recommendation of a 3 MHz frequency is rather confusing as this frequency is simply not sufficient to reach the necessary depth of the dermis.SQOOM concept has been developed against a medical background, and so it can provide reliable medical basics.

I have been treating myself for some time and do not see any improvement.

If you are sure you have been carrying out the treatment correctly and you do not have sensitive skin, we suggest you use a ”power programme“ (this is different from the treatments outlined in the manual which are always based on the treatment of sensitive skin). If you do not have a sensitive skin you can treat more intensively.Smoking, not enough sleep, excess alcohol, etc. can increase this effect.

http://www.sqoom.com/en/meta/faq/

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

I purchased my Sqoom in 2011 - I have had no facial fat loss whatsover. Sadly. Laughing
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I read either somewhere on eds or on some other site that ultrasound devcies help break up scar tissue, any comments on it? Thanks

You may have read my ancedote (see the link posted on the first page of this thread) where I cured my husbands extremely painful shin splint in 3 days, using the Sqoom with the medical gel.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
The idea of adding HA to the inner layers of the skin is intriguing, though, and I do think I would benefit from that quite a bit. So I'll be paying close attention to this thread, and everyone's results. Fingers crossed that Merbe/Sqoom users find (or learn how to DIY) high-quality but cost effective gels, and see prolonged and sustainable benefits.

The moisure-plumping this device + gel gives is nothing short of amazing.

Like getting flabby when you give up on gym and diet for a while, so your skin will regress if you stop pampering (I'm always amazed at people looking for that thing that will make them look good permanently with no upkeep - no such thing, we are all dying, slowly). I - being a lazy cow - gave up on Sqooming my chest; slowly, my ugly V wrinkles came back, but I was so busy and besides, the weather was so bad I didn't care.

But now, in prep for my holiday, I've been Sqooming there again. I swear, all it takes is 3 days of concentrated action (8 minutes N in the morning and 8 minutes N again in the evening) to completely (and I mean *completely*) smooth that area.

BTW - I did mention this before - I tried to use the Environ moisturising gel and colustrum gel with the Sqoom, and actually got good results. However, I couldn't bear the stickiness of those products, so I went back to the Sqoom gel, but someone else may want to try those.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I read through the Sqoom links today, and somewhere either on the website or in the manual, they claim that the Sqoom can eliminate the need for fillers.

Sqoom/Merbe users, what do you think? Is there merit to that claim? If it can truly give a comparable result to fillers, that combined with the benefits to the skin in general would make it a good investment, and for those getting fillers injected on a regular basis, even the expensive Sqoom gels might be a better value.

karenlee wrote:
I purchased my Sqoom in 2011 - I have had no facial fat loss whatsover. Sadly. Laughing

I'm sorry (and relieved) to hear that Smile That does make me feel better - thank you!

5% products discount

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
All very confusing!

I'll second that. I'm lost!

But ready to get something . . .
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Rapunzell wrote:
Keliu wrote:
All very confusing!

I'll second that. I'm lost!

But ready to get something . . .

I'm happy with the reassurance by SQOOM re the MHz issue that Cookie posted above. I'm sure the Fyola/Fyola Lite/Merbe/SQOOM would all be good choices.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:30 am      Reply with quote
I found this device (galvanic + ultrasound) of which the ultrasound frequency was 1.7 mhz; so it might be good those people who found 1 mhz too strong and too weak of 3 mhz.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6511842#6511842
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Having a hard time finding the Sqoom website with info, photos and a price!

Can someone post it? Thanks!

Bethany I just found all the info you had left for me, that I've never seen. It's on the link above this post.

THANK YOU!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |