Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
The idea of adding HA to the inner layers of the skin is intriguing, though, and I do think I would benefit from that quite a bit. So I'll be paying close attention to this thread, and everyone's results. Fingers crossed that Merbe/Sqoom users find (or learn how to DIY) high-quality but cost effective gels, and see prolonged and sustainable benefits.

The moisure-plumping this device + gel gives is nothing short of amazing.

Like getting flabby when you give up on gym and diet for a while, so your skin will regress if you stop pampering (I'm always amazed at people looking for that thing that will make them look good permanently with no upkeep - no such thing, we are all dying, slowly). I - being a lazy cow - gave up on Sqooming my chest; slowly, my ugly V wrinkles came back, but I was so busy and besides, the weather was so bad I didn't care.

But now, in prep for my holiday, I've been Sqooming there again. I swear, all it takes is 3 days of concentrated action (8 minutes N in the morning and 8 minutes N again in the evening) to completely (and I mean *completely*) smooth that area.

BTW - I did mention this before - I tried to use the Environ moisturising gel and colustrum gel with the Sqoom, and actually got good results. However, I couldn't bear the stickiness of those products, so I went back to the Sqoom gel, but someone else may want to try those.

Karenlee, I have been thinking about your comment above.

Do you think it is fair to say that the Sqoom helps hide aging through moisturization, or do you think it has physically reversed skin aging at all for you? (Meaning would your skin still look better if you stopped the Sqoom vs not using it at all?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like the Squoom helped but in stopping it all came back. The good news in when she picked it up again the positive results showed up quickly.

Someone else posted this - was it Catski who said she looked worse when she stopped.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Are there any good before and after photos for any of these ultrasound devices?
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Am I missing something?

Sqoom DeSpot Ingredients:

Doesn't seem to contain any ingredients that are a "big deal"??
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:32 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
It sounds like the Squoom helped but in stopping it all came back. The good news in when she picked it up again the positive results showed up quickly.

Someone else posted this - was it Catski who said she looked worse when she stopped.

That was for the UP5, not the Sqoom.

catski wrote:
Thanks keliu.

I havent used my up5 very much. I found that in the lifting mode, it gave a great effect..but a few days later, if I didnt continue to use it, I looked awful..which scared me, rather. My skin looked saggy. I stopped altogether and my skin returned to normal.

I am wondering if the Sqoom (and the actives) actually assists with any collagen/elastin generation, or if the temporary HA plumping is really all that happens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:14 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I am wondering if the Sqoom (and the actives) actually assists with any collagen/elastin generation, or if the temporary HA plumping is really all that happens.

Don't know whether this study has been linked to before - it recommends using acids such as glycolic or salicylic in adjunct to the ultrasound:

http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/effects-low-frequency.html

Quote:
Therapeutic ultrasound frequency ranges from 1-3 MHz. At 1 MHz, ultrasound waves may extend down beyond 2 cm reaching the musculoskeletal soft tissues. At the higher frequency, 3 MHz range, ultrasound energy is subject to much more friction and is attenuated by dermal and subcutaneous collagen therefore penetrating less than 2 cm.1 Ultrasound generated heat has been shown to increase collagen tissue extensibility, alter blood flow, and increase enzymatic activity.1 Many of the benefits of ultrasound energy may also be attributed to its non-thermal mechanisms.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, very interesting! I will check that out further. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Don't know whether this study has been linked to before - it recommends using acids such as glycolic or salicylic in adjunct to the ultrasound:

That's a well done study. Thanks Keliu.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

That was for the UP5, not the Sqoom.

catski wrote:
Thanks keliu.

I havent used my up5 very much. I found that in the lifting mode, it gave a great effect..but a few days later, if I didnt continue to use it, I looked awful..which scared me, rather. My skin looked saggy. I stopped altogether and my skin returned to normal.

Maybe so if you just used the hyaluronic gel. Dr Serene said (in her face exercise thread) that she doesn't do fillers anymore because of her sqoom results. I wouldn't mind a device that gives that kind of results, even if they are temporary. It's cheaper and less stressful than getting fillers.

But what about if you use certain collagen building actives, pushing them deep into the skin. I would guess that the results might be more than temporary plumping, and you would get some regeneration of collagen/elastin, eventually. It's all in your hands! (ps anyone know what helps build elastin?)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:42 am      Reply with quote
wishee wrote:
bethany wrote:

Maybe so if you just used the hyaluronic gel. Dr Serene said (in her face exercise thread) that she doesn't do fillers anymore because of her sqoom results. I wouldn't mind a device that gives that kind of results, even if they are temporary. It's cheaper and less stressful than getting fillers.

But what about if you use certain collagen building actives, pushing them deep into the skin. I would guess that the results might be more than temporary plumping, and you would get some regeneration of collagen/elastin, eventually. It's all in your hands! (ps anyone know what helps build elastin?)

Wishee - very well said!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:22 am      Reply with quote
wishee wrote:
(ps anyone know what helps build elastin?)

Hi wishee, I dont think there are any actives which can build elastin but betulinic acid, Phloretin, ceramides helps to prevent it's degradation.

I think skin needling and reaura laser n like may promote new elastin.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Karenlee, I have been thinking about your comment above.

Do you think it is fair to say that the Sqoom helps hide aging through moisturization, or do you think it has physically reversed skin aging at all for you? (Meaning would your skin still look better if you stopped the Sqoom vs not using it at all?)

I think it's the moisturization - on my chest, I get almost instant elimination of what looks like deep wrinkles; these are obviously just the result of neglect and dehydration. On my forehead, however, I have a severe frown which I have inherited from my mother and which I believe to have genetic roots. It gets miniscully softer, but the Sqoom has definitely never replicated the effect of fillers in this area.

However, that is on *my* face, and someone else may find that their frown is mostly down to dehydration and the Sqoom may almost completely eliminate this. So yes, I believe the results I've seen are from deep hydration.

On the other hand, while my chest did regress from my first set of results, it never went back to how it was in the 'before' pics I posted on the Skindream site.

But honestly, all this talk of rebuilding collagen etc - ladies, NOTHING is going to turn back the clock. As I said, if I go to gym regularly I will build *new* muscle - but that muscle won't just hang around if I stop gym - it will wither. It requires maintenance to keep the new muscle. So, if you have a gadget that triggers collagen, it will probably be the same concept - that collagen will only stay topped up for as long as you gadget. Stop, and soon things will revert, like a lovely lawn you stop caring for will revert back to weeds. It's just what it is - we are all decomposing, and there's absolutely nothing we can do to stop that happening, nothing is going to permanently reverse the process. I think someone people are looking for the holy grail of doing 10 treatments of x and voila, their skin has been triggered into being 20 forever. Not gonna happen.

You pretty much have to commit to life-long slavery over your gadget of choice, and for me it's the Sqoom. Because of the deep hydrating effect, it is (as I've already stated) the best ever thing for the morning after when you're looking a little rough - it gives an instant freshness.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:

But honestly, all this talk of rebuilding collagen etc - ladies, NOTHING is going to turn back the clock. As I said, if I go to gym regularly I will build *new* muscle - but that muscle won't just hang around if I stop gym - it will wither. It requires maintenance to keep the new muscle. So, if you have a gadget that triggers collagen, it will probably be the same concept - that collagen will only stay topped up for as long as you gadget. Stop, and soon things will revert, like a lovely lawn you stop caring for will revert back to weeds. It's just what it is - we are all decomposing, and there's absolutely nothing we can do to stop that happening, nothing is going to permanently reverse the process. I think someone people are looking for the holy grail of doing 10 treatments of x and voila, their skin has been triggered into being 20 forever. Not gonna happen.

so well said!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
On the other hand, while my chest did regress from my first set of results, it never went back to how it was in the 'before' pics I posted on the Skindream site.

This was exactly what I was looking for.

And I definitely agree that no tool is the holy grail, and we have to keep our expectations realistic.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
If I can find the time in the w/end I will post my latest B-A pics of my chest. Amazing what can happen in a week.

Bethany I'm loving the lips routine you posted. Have you tried it? The Massage which gives an ugly red face after makes my lips beautifully vivid, and the Nutrition plumps them out. I love the effect!
wishee
5% products discount

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
wishee wrote:

Hi wishee, I dont think there are any actives which can build elastin but betulinic acid, Phloretin, ceramides helps to prevent it's degradation.

thanks for the info, no wonder I couldn't find an answer to this.
karenlee wrote:

Absolutely agree with you here! That's why I'm trying to find out what really helps, so I'm not wasting my time for nothing. I like that the sqoom/merbe/fyola don't take a huge time investment in my day.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:

Bethany I'm loving the lips routine you posted. Have you tried it? The Massage which gives an ugly red face after makes my lips beautifully vivid, and the Nutrition plumps them out. I love the effect!

How long does that effect last, Karenlee?

If I were to do that a couple hours before a big event, for instance, would the results linger throughout the evening (or day)?

Thanks, Bethany, for the great questions, and thank you Karenlee for giving us the scoop Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
If I can find the time in the w/end I will post my latest B-A pics of my chest. Amazing what can happen in a week.

I would love to see the pics! And no I have not yet tried the lip treatment, but will next time!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
LBS, yes, the results definitely last. I started off being quite aggressive, doing treatments in the am and again in the pm, and got good results quite quickly. After a week or two, doing 2 treatments a day was keeping my skin topped up. I eventually got lazy and went on to one treatment a day, then a treatment every other day, and things were fine. But of course you get used to the change so you don't appreciate it, so you get slack again. Then we had some home renovations and I didn't do anything at all for about 4 months, and I looked tired (probably because I was tired ). Laughing

My chest regressed very slowly I think - it got expensive and time consuming so I stopped for a long time, maybe 8 months or more.

I think this is a gadget where you can get to the point of once per week maintenance - but I haven't proved it because I'm either all or nothing Rolling Eyes Laughing
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
LBS, I just thought of an example - my chest really crinkles when I sleep. When I wake up, I Sqoom, and see instant improvement. That improvement lasts all day.

I Sqoom again before bed. The next morning, the crinkling is there, but not as bad. I Sqoom again, and see further improvement. These new improvements last all day.

Wash, rinse and repeat for a week, and I'm now on one chest Sqoom per day (at night) and my chest is smooth when I wake up and for all of the next day.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
karenlee wrote:

so well said!

Totally agree

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
wishee wrote:

Actually, I believe that copper peptides are noted for helping to 'increase synthesis' of elastin & collegen(among other things). It's a nice topical that is not too expensive to try, wishee ,if you want to look into that. It helped firm up my skin quite a bit when I first started using it. You can PM me for more info if you like.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
LBS, I just thought of an example - my chest really crinkles when I sleep. When I wake up, I Sqoom, and see instant improvement. That improvement lasts all day.

I Sqoom again before bed. The next morning, the crinkling is there, but not as bad. I Sqoom again, and see further improvement. These new improvements last all day.

Wash, rinse and repeat for a week, and I'm now on one chest Sqoom per day (at night) and my chest is smooth when I wake up and for all of the next day.

My chest could definitely use this...I have lines from sleeping on my side (which will never change, sigh).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Some interesting info on the Sqoom gels:

http://drserene.com/files/SQOOM_anti-age-studies.pdf

FYI...10% off this week at Drserene.com.

Quote:
Spring is here! To celebrate - 10% off all products on my drserene.com shop. Just put drserene in the Agent's code-offer expires Sept7th.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

Quote:
Therapeutic ultrasound frequency ranges from 1-3 MHz. At 1 MHz, ultrasound waves may extend down beyond 2 cm reaching the musculoskeletal soft tissues. At the higher frequency, 3 MHz range, ultrasound energy is subject to much more friction and is attenuated by dermal and subcutaneous collagen therefore penetrating less than 2 cm.1 Ultrasound generated heat has been shown to increase collagen tissue extensibility, alter blood flow, and increase enzymatic activity.1 Many of the benefits of ultrasound energy may also be attributed to its non-thermal mechanisms.

This is great thanks Keliu. I have been hoping to read some studies on ultrasound. Cavitation is very interesting, as is the ability for enhanced penetration of actives as this has been the age old problem. If this can be achieved minus the inflammation that I get from short length dermarolling, than it is great.

I have been using my fyola/merbe/sqoom since May, and can happily say wrinkles I have had for ten years have completely gone bye bye. I also did two dermapen treatments that I found highly effective, but my parenthesis lines (smile lines?) around my mouth have been there for ten years, one side quite deeply, and there is not so much as a faint reminder of it now. Literally zilch (just reviewed on the 'what do you use thread'). The rest of my face has been rid of any wrinkles also, which I put down mainly to the combo of these two devices. I am thrilled people are catching on to this wonderful modality. It is my favorite. Although I love dermapen results, I hate doing it, and I am about to start reaura which I imagine will also cause inflammation for me. For me using U/S is not boring but relaxing. I can read while doing it, and I use the head like a massage 'knob' and get deep under cheek muscles etc to release tension, as well as just using it in a lymphatic drainage technique, working towards the nodes by the ears, frequently clearing down the neck.

By the way, the cheaper device I bought, the 3mhz TIA model from eBay does a far better job at lymph drainage, and actually feels quite strong, but I use my fyola for general product penetration, skin care, and bring out the 3mhz when I am puffy. It drains my eye bags and face within minutes. The fyola is a different beast entirely as far as how it feels and seems to act on the skin. Also for those interested, I bought a refurbished model, and was thrilled with both the price and the quality. It may as well be brand new. Customer service is fantastic also.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |