Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
wishee wrote:
Rapunzell wrote:
Then there is this one -

http://www.truthinaging.com/ultra-renew-plus

Does anyone have an opinion on this one? I'm looking for a cheap version!

I just posted an information about this on the other "Ultrasound" thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45731&start=75

It seems that it has "ultrasound+ ions" functions.
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
That's right Chiqui, you can use both U/S and galvanic, and it has variable intensity also. Both devices feel completely different as far as treatment goes, and I like them both for different reasons. I thought I was going to get rid of my Chinese one when I got the Fyola, but I still find it useful for those puffy days. I find the fyola much better as a general treatment device. It is much more sturdily built, the treatment head is waterproofed (important with the serums etc), and the programs are set to do particular things. It also has a more soothing feel, and I like that it is cordless. I do prefer the size and shape of the treatment head of the TIA U/S for around the eyes in particular, and believe it is effective. For some reason I feel more safe with the Fyola, although I don't have any particular reason why I should be afraid to use the Chinese one. However, I do feel like limiting my time with it. It is very strong (although it can be adjusted), and probably fine.

I did read that some research found that 1mhz was better, I think a lot also has to do with other specs, like the strength. There are quite a few good choices on eBay now for ultrasound. There are a couple of devices I would now choose over the TIA one if looking for a cheaper one. If going for a top quality one without the sqoom prices, I would be looking at the Rex Kara, which I was very much attracted to before I decided on fyola.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the comparison, Idealist, that's very useful information. Smile
mariposa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
What I meant to ask is where did those of you in the States who have the Sqoom purchase it?
I don't see any on Ebay these days.
And I can't find a place in the States that sells the gel.

I would like to buy the Sqoom gel but don't know
where to get it.
Can one not get it in the States?
Also, for those of you in the States who have bought the Sqoom,
Mariposa
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
wishee wrote:
Rapunzell wrote:
Then there is this one -

http://www.truthinaging.com/ultra-renew-plus

Does anyone have an opinion on this one? I'm looking for a cheap version!

That is very close to the same price ($149 vs $159) for the refurb Fyola on ebay.

The advantage though is that it's brand new and has a warranty! Right?
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
The TIA one is 3mhz though - as I understand it we need the 1mhz to get products deep enough?

TIA also has one that is 1MHz that they sell for the body but can be used on the face. I've asked them all about the MHz and new research - they still believe that 1 MHz is better for the face.

Confusing.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the routine I am using for now with my Merbe. I have just started using some of these products. I plan on doing a treatment 2 to 3 times a week depending on my schedule and face condition.

Products

Le Mieux RX complex serum or TGF-B booster

Le Mieux serums are HA based instead of water based. They have some good ingredients that I feel will do well on my skin. I also think because they are HA based they will not dry out as quickly as other products. I am using these serums under another HA product.

Or DermaPen pigment stabilizer

HA product- I am testing out a few and will see which one I like best.

Babyface pure HA
DermaPen HA boost
Le Mieux O2 calming gel
DIY HA

I am going to be doing the Massage program for 8 minutes and follow with the N program for 4 minutes. I was doing the Cleaning program but felt it was too drying on my skin.

I am going to hold off on doing the Lifting or Wrinkle program for a few weeks or more. These 2 programs were what I was using exclusively up until a few weeks ago. I want to see what kind of results I get with the other programs before I add them back in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Great question, and I'm wondering if I could use LAA with it.

You can definitely use LAA - my UP5 model had a Vitamin C programme especially to aid with penetration.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
This information is very straightforward - with diagrammes:

http://www.bestalternativeskincareproducts.com/fyola-ultrasonic-facial-massager

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Quote:

Apologies if this post is drifting off topic a bit -- Moon, at the very least, it looks like a low dose of SA might work really well with a Sqoom.

Agreed on the LOW DOSAGE salicylic, which is a BHA. But notice that they applied the glycolic (AHA) after a treatment and did not use ultrasound to penetrate it...possibly because glycolic already penetrates better on it's own?

I think ultrasound is similar to needling in that you need to be careful in what you apply...anything too strong, of the wrong pH, etc. could possibly cause problems. (which reminds me of the EDS person years ago who needled in a TCA peel and ended up with severe PIH Shock Shock Shock )

Yes, better to err on the side of safety, for sure! The study also specified that in addition to the SA being a low dose it was a higher pH than what's usually used for peels. So, definitely a gentle touch...

Keliu wrote:
You can definitely use LAA - my UP5 model had a Vitamin C programme especially to aid with penetration.

Keliu, thanks for the info! Might be worth experimenting with a really low concentration LAA and my 2 mhz. At this point I'll probably opt for one of the water-soluble non-acid versions if I ever get the Merbe, since it penetrates deeper than the 2mhz. Keeping an eye out for new info, though... LAA is so inexpensive and easy to use, it would be a nice addition to a Merbe routine!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrow - I posted this on the other ultrasound thread, it might interest you too:

This is the new version of the Fyola - the Fyola Lite.

http://www.fyola.com/facialtreatment/what-fyola-lite.shtml

It's $249.00 but you can buy it on Ebay for $189.00 (or offer).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
If I was in the market for a new ultrasound, I would buy this one:

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/Item.aspx?goodscode=331578576&pos_shop_cd=EN&pos_class_cd=90000001&pos_class_kind=T&keyword_order=rex+kara

I think the RK11 or 1 look nice, but even the cheaper Punic ($119) seems like it would do everything you need.

http://www.ahrong.com/eng/product/view.htm?category=001&goodsno=1142652

The Rex Kara's are beautifully made Korean ultrasounds, that have the titanium head, different programs, and beautiful design. I was looking at buying this one (it was closer to $400) until I found the too good to pass up deal on the fyola. The Rex Kara's seem to be quite popular in Germany. If I had found the deal above, I would have bought it instead. Check out the post on the 'which ultrasound do you use' for more good links on the Rex Kara.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist,

I posted some info of Rex-Kara; you can buy it below USD 200.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6511842&highlight=#6511842
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, thanks Summer your great links are the ones I was referring to. What a great find! I had only found the site that sells them in Germany before you posted those links.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding the titanium head - my Korean made UP5 (which was quite expensive) had a titanium head, but the coating eventually wore off to leave a brown coloured metal. Just putting that out there for what it's worth!

5% products discount

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Idealist,

I posted some info of Rex-Kara; you can buy it below USD 200.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6511842&highlight=#6511842

It's a Korean site and with shipping is going to be above $200!
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Wow this thread is moving swiftly now. Probably thanks to PhotoQueens positive review no?

Quote:
Great question, and I'm wondering if I could use LAA with it.

Keliu posted this link earlier to a study that showed positive results using 2.5% salicylic acid followed by 10 minutes with a 2 mhz US treatment.

Thanks for your reply Lowbrowscientist and for the link to Keliu's previosuly linked site.

Quote:
This information is very straightforward - with diagrammes:

http://www.bestalternativeskincareproducts.com/fyola-ultrasonic-facial-massager

Also Keliu thank you for the other link.

Am thinking I will use The Sqoom and then AHAs afterwards just to be safe. As still not sure i'm comfortable with using it at the same time. I know it is powerful because whenever I apply aloe gel on my face and then use the Sqoom under my eye, my eye starts stinging because the Sqoom has pushed the Aloe gel through the skin to my eye.

Anyway I want to push AHAs and Copper Peptides in to the stretch marks on my tummy that I got from pregnancy but as much as I want them to go, I do not want to damage my womb or something! I can't use a dermaroller for penetration because I am using it every 6 weeks for heavy-duty stretch mark stabbing instead so need to give the collagen time to build.

What do you think about applying Copper Peptides afterwards?(On a different day to the AHAs of course)
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great link Keliu. Finally I understand the modes properly. Now it makes sense why the massage and lifting modes make a deep warming sensation in the skin, while nutrition and wrinkle modes do not. I will now tailor my treatment to include usage of both modes (instead of massage and lifting, I will include either of those with nutrition or wrinkle).

I believe the Rex Kara will be a very well made device, but I await reviews. Certainly the specs are what I would look for. Otherwise, if you cannot find a fyola/merbe/sqoom on eBay, you are left paying exorbitant prices for it at Harrods or on the European website (unless someone knows something I don't?).

Reviews on the new fyola lite have not been good so far. Apparently it is not of the same build quality of the original Korean made fyola's (sold to sqoom). I am not sure where they a produced.

As far as aloe being pushed right through your skin into your eye Moon, I find that anything I use around my eye, particularly this moist that I am massaging with the fairly large head of the sqoom actually gets pushed *into* my eye. I need to keep a damp cloth handy to wipe my eye. Perhaps you are experiencing the same thing? The eye skin is well known to 'wick' product up to absorb, oftentimes getting into the eye itself (which is why we are told not to put eye cream right up to the lashes). Aloe can sting a bit. I have used all kinds of strong actives on my eye skin with the sqoom, including the multivitamin power mask (dermalogica), and nothing has ever been pushed through it. So long as I wipe my eye to prevent any product getting pushed into it, I have been fine - and I use it around my eye a lot as that is my problem area. I truly think if that was a possibility there would be warnings. People could push acids and things into their eyes, which would be damaging. Hopefully nothing is penetrating further than the dermis where it can be of value.
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Just posted that I bought the Rex Kari II on the other thread - got it for $160 off!! And a warranty.

Happy about that but not thrilled with the gel ingredient list!

Has there been any sort of consensus on the best gel? This one seems to be full of chemicals >

INGREDIENTS (INCI):
Aqua, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Betaine, Sodium Acrylate Acryloyldimethyl Taurate/Acrylamide Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Carbomer, Triethanolamine,
Phenoxyethanol, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Parfum, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Certainly don't want to drive Parfum deep into my skin!

I like that the Fyola has organic ingredients but no hyaluronic acid, which I guess I could add.

Ideas? Thank you!
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:02 am      Reply with quote
As promised, here are my B&A pics of this round of Sqooming my chest:

You can see that although my V wrinkle has returned I don't think it's as bad as the original pics, my shoulders are not as creased.

After one week... now tell me, what other gadget gives these kind of results? I took this pic this morning after waking up. I have not yet done my routine. (Note - there are still very fine sleep lines there, they are just too fine for the camera to pick up. I anticipate by next week those too will be gone.)
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Impressive, Karenlee.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:02 am      Reply with quote
karenlee - those results are from the squoom? wheres the best place to get one?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Karenlee, those pics look great! I can't wait until my gels get here!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:12 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Impressive, Karenlee.

Thanks - the device is indeed impressive!

DebM wrote:
karenlee - those results are from the squoom? wheres the best place to get one?

Yes, 100% Sqoom. Where are you located? I'm in the UK and got mine from Harrods. There are cheaper alternatives, though, read through the rest of this thread.

bethany wrote:
Karenlee, those pics look great! I can't wait until my gels get here!

I can't wait to get the new formula gels - the tracking site said they were out for delivery yesterday, so I hung around work all day (because I had anticipated them during the week I gave my work address for delivery) but they never turned up! Sad Should be there tomorrow, though. I ordered the spray and the new booster gel.
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that there was an Italian seller offering the sqoom on ebay for what looked like a lower price and selling the gels separately - sorry cant post a link
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |