Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
JaeBlue wrote:
bethany wrote:
Why would a Rex-Kara person post on the Sqoom thread?

This is a Sqoom thread and yet Merbe and Fyola and Rex Kara and serums of all kinds are all being talked about at great length.

Fyola, Merbe and Sqoom are variations of the same product. It would be helpful if this Sqoom thread was limited to Sqoom/Merbe/Fyola discussion/results.

I'd love to see one of the new Rex Kara owners start a dedicated Rex Kara thread (and have the RK rep contribute over there) so I can read about your results, and what products you find work best, etc Smile

The Sqoom/Merbe/Fyola have identical buttons and are basically the same machine. RK is a similar concept, but not the same from a device standpoint.

I definitely want to hear all about the RK, and I am sure others do too. But what if we had a Sqoom person come and post here too? I am sure they would not want to be posting with an RK person, so it is best to have dedicated threads in those instances. (just like the Dermajet vs DermaPen threads).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Since I'm the only Rex-Kara user here - it would be a very sparse thread.

OK - I'm going to keep following all of your wonderful ideas. If anyone wants to hear about the results of the RK2 you can message me in a few weeks!

Looking forward to trying this!

I guarantee others will chime in on your conversation, and it is a great way to document your experience. I was the only one posting on the Epionce thread for ages, and actually posted that I was essentially talking to myself, lol. But in your case I seriously doubt that will be the case because far more people are interested in gadgets, you have found a cool one, and people will be especially interested if you have a vendor come and post too!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Idealist, this is for you!

She did want me to add > "This company focuses on selling the device more than the gel. The founding theory of Ahrong Eltech was to utilize the advanced technologies built in the device to enhance and maximize results from user's own daily skin care products that are suitable for their own skins. This is also why the German partner saw the potential of our device and bundled it with their own line of skin care products."

And sells if for a lot more.

OK back to Sqoom for all of you! Smile

Love this!!!! This is the exact opposite thing that sqoom said in emails to a member who wrote trying to find out the differences between fyola sqoom. In the end it was confirmed by Lotts (and Sqoom) that the only real difference was titanium head and battery life, but in emails Sqoom kept saying that their gels were absolutely essential to the success of the device. Obviously they make a lot of money by saying this, and if you look at the gels, they look good, but the formulations are not particularly difficult (although we are yet to find out the Dalton's of their HA that they claim is the lowest on the market in some of their materials). That leads me to think that the device is as effective as we hope, even with a very simple conductive agent, and so long as it is coupled with a good product that is not harmful, we should have a great device on our hands! I am very excited about your RK (sorry!! I'll shift to the new thread when I find it) mainly because the specs are closer in line with the latest studies, and the price is so much more reasonable. I can't wait to hear more. I love that they are not trying to capitalize on it with expensive add ons. It may seem easier for the buyer not to have to think about what to use it with, but I really agree with RK: use it with your favorite antiaging products that contains ingredients you want to penetrate into the skin. Forgo unnecessary chems with the focus on natural. I am not as impressed by these studies on HA and aloe's harmfulness as some are, because I think more needs to be done before this is declared. I mean the one for aloe was particularly umimpressive. There are hundreds of studies showing the exact opposite. I think taking things with a grain of salt is good. Rotating products might be helpful, too. Hopefully some of us will start reporting on what we like to use as more people begin using their devices.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Personally, I think it would be better if all of this conversation was taking place on the other ultrasound thread - it's annoying having two threads basically discussing the same thing. Also, only one person here, Karen, is using the actual SQOOM with the SQOOM gels.

In so far as the titanium head is concerned, it's recommended for sensitive skin because, apparently, that particular metal causes least allergic reactions. I just don't think this is an important issue - more of a marketing ploy in that it sounds "impressive". As I said earlier, the titanium coating on my UP5 eventually rubbed off - whether that was due to the topicals I used, I don't know. But for me, I would just prefer a stainless steel head. I think the battery is an important issue though - I hate it when rechargeable devices die due to battery failure.

I think it was JaeBlue who said that we have to be careful what we penetrate into the skin because topicals end up in the blood stream. I'm pretty sure that this isn't correct - I think it was Dr. Mercola that started this whole furfy off.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone probably knows that we can rub a natural progesterone or estrogen cream on our skin and it is detected in our bodies very quickly! I've used both and also a liquid transdermal magnesium serum this way. It's one the quickest ways to get an ingredient effectively into our body.

I'm with Idealist and it's what's I'm doing. This morning I simply used vegetable glycerine as the gel and it worked wonderfully.

Then will add a very tiny, miniscule amount of product that is natural and as safe as possible. Starting very slowly.

I know with my LED it works whether I use a serum or not - hope this is the same.
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Personally, I think it would be better if all of this conversation was taking place on the other ultrasound thread - it's annoying having two threads basically discussing the same thing. Also, only one person here, Karen, is using the actual SQOOM with the SQOOM gels.

In so far as the titanium head is concerned, it's recommended for sensitive skin because, apparently, that particular metal causes least allergic reactions. I just don't think this is an important issue - more of a marketing ploy in that it sounds "impressive". As I said earlier, the titanium coating on my UP5 eventually rubbed off - whether that was due to the topicals I used, I don't know. But for me, I would just prefer a stainless steel head. I think the battery is an important issue though - I hate it when rechargeable devices die due to battery failure.

I think it was JaeBlue who said that we have to be careful what we penetrate into the skin because topicals end up in the blood stream. I'm pretty sure that this isn't correct - I think it was Dr. Mercola that started this whole furfy off.

I agree with you re. The thread Keliu, so I will respond to you there.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Everyone probably knows that we can rub a natural progesterone or estrogen cream on our skin and it is detected in our bodies very quickly! I've used both and also a liquid transdermal magnesium serum this way. It's one the quickest ways to get an ingredient effectively into our body.

I think transdermal drug delivery is a different issue. This is an interesting read:

http://personalcaretruth.com/2011/01/skin-is-our-largest-organ/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:

I'm with Idealist and it's what's I'm doing. This morning I simply used vegetable glycerine as the gel and it worked wonderfully.

I think there's been some confusion as to the purpose of the gel in terms of slip and conductivity. Glycerine will provide slip, but it won't provide conductivity - which is needed with US. To provide conductivity you need a water based gel so it would be best to dilute the glyercine with water.

And in terms of the fancy gels, such as the SQOOM - I think you'd be better off just applying a good serum to the skin then penetrating that with a water based gel rather than paying for or formulating a "nutritious" gel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
And in terms of the fancy gels, such as the SQOOM - I think you'd be better off just applying a good serum to the skin then penetrating that with a water based gel rather than paying for or formulating a "nutritious" gel.

I am going to try out the Sqoom gels so that I have a basis for comparison, but sure nope to not have to use them forever.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I don't think glycerine alone would make a good gel at all. It can add a bit of slip for a little longer to a plain gel such as HA, aloe, SKB, or even a nice sclerotium gum gel mix, but you need something thick for the ultrasound to make a good connection to the skin through. I do what Keliu just said and apply my active serum, and use a gel over top. Lately my 'gel' has been plain homemade HA, or HA mixed with glycerine. But I have used many other things that were fine too. I also use the gel as an ultrasound medium, and like to have the actives directly on my skin. Why water them down?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I think you'd be better off just applying a good serum to the skin then penetrating that with a water based gel rather than paying for or formulating a "nutritious" gel.

I agree. Which serum do you use or recommend?

What I did was apply the plant based glycerin (which is very thick), with a touch of hyaluronic acid and then used a light rose water spray on top. Easy.

Can't let this all make me nuts, there is no perfect! Only had this one day. Also think that the gel this came with is not that bad - will be experimenting.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:27 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Keliu wrote:
I think you'd be better off just applying a good serum to the skin then penetrating that with a water based gel rather than paying for or formulating a "nutritious" gel.

I agree. Which serum do you use or recommend?

I'm not the best person to ask because I chop and change so much. The only things I stick with are Retin-A, Vitamin C and various oils. At the moment I'm on to a new product from SkinActives called Antioxidant Day Cream - it's more of a serum than a cream - and into that I've added some Matrixyl 3000.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
......At the moment I'm on to a new product from SkinActives called Antioxidant Day Cream - it's more of a serum than a cream......

Keliu,

I am interested in it; is it greasy, tacky, easily absorbed?

I want to hear bad things about it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:50 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:

It is all of the above - that is why I like it. It has a very nice feel to it and sinks right in, no tackiness, it's very light - quite runny really. In fact, I wouldn't recommend this as a moisturiser on its own - it's really more of a serum. I follow it up with SkinActives Every Lipid Serum. I'm going to try and stick with this combo because I feel the ingredients in both products are just right. Although, as I said above, I did add the SA Matrixyl 3000 because I wanted a peptide in there as well. I did ask them at SA if this was a good idea - and they said it was fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
summer2004 wrote:

It is all of the above - that is why I like it. It has a very nice feel to it and sinks right in, no tackiness, it's very light - quite runny really. In fact, I wouldn't recommend this as a moisturiser on its own - it's really more of a serum. I follow it up with SkinActives Every Lipid Serum. I'm going to try and stick with this combo because I feel the ingredients in both products are just right. Although, as I said above, I did add the SA Matrixyl 3000 because I wanted a peptide in there as well. I did ask them at SA if this was a good idea - and they said it was fine.

HI Keliu, Skinactives does not sell Matrixyl 3000 but the real original Matrixyl, the good stuff...
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

Question: do you think applying a serum under or mixed with the gel will interfere with the HA getting to the lower layers? If the HA is low molecular, I would imagine that an ordinary serum under/mixed with it would bind to it and thus make the molecules too big again? (I have tried mixing a few drops of SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic with the gel, and have wondered if it's actually counter-productive).

Anyway, I got the new water spray and booster gel on Monday. I had to hold myself back from posting a rave review with one hand while Sqooming my face with other! Laughing I don't want to start any kind of frenzy, I know how many times I've got sucked in and ended up buying stuff that did nothing for me at all.

But, here is my early take. The booster certainly is a booster. My skin looked amazing after, all plumped out. I had said earlier in this thread that I didn't think the Sqoom could replace fillers; I may change that opinion, but I wan't to give it a bit longer to see how well the results hold.

The bad news is that the new gel has silicon in it. The good news is that the slip is amazing. I spritz with the water beforehand, put a small amount of gel on the Sqoom, and usually I only need one more light spritz around minute 3 of my 4 minute session. The gel sinks in beautifully leaving a soft, matt finish.

Lately, I've been hating the way my moisturiser leaves my skin looking shiny, as if the cream hasn't sunk in (even though my skin is dry to the touch). My face looks shiny and polished. Now, with this gel, it looks lovely, just like normal skin. I think I may end up chucking out my moisturisers. If this is all I use, then it wouldn't work out all that expensive.

I have stated before that I've loathed all the products that come with gadgets in the past (the STOP gel and moisturiser were particularly horrific), and I generally use upscale products (currently using Valmont, have used LifeLine etc), so I'm quite fussy that way, and I can't say how much I like these Sqoom gels - enough to perhaps use them as my only product line.

Anyway, I had some concerns about the silicon, so here is the email I sent to them:

Quote:

1. The instructions for the new booster are that you choose M with Ultra and High selected.

(a) Why do we use M with this gel and not N?

M is our program M=Massage. With the physical power of 50 % push and 50 % pull = strengthening (micro-massage of the skin tissues) and in the same time a middle power of transport in the upper skinlayers) . N=Nutrition. With the physical power of 80 % push and 20 % pull = main work transporting in deeper skinlayers.

We don’t want to transport the booster in deep skinlayers. So we created the booster ingredients, above all the silicon, with a special molecular size, that it’s nit possible for these to reach the deep skinlayers. As mentioned: this is a ‘immediate effect-Gel’.

Even though there’s silicon included, you could use it every second day or even every day, because the silicon can’t reach the depth. Conscious. To prevent deposits.

As descripted in our manual, use additional our acqua+. To reach, respectively hold the contact between transducer head and skin.

The secial hyaluronic acid is oil-pre-dispersed. And this oil matrix could prevent the contact. You can see and test it with the red blinking light on the backside of the handheld. If there’s no light, there’s no contact. In this case simply 1-2-3 pumps of the acqua+ ….. and continue.

(b) Why do we use Ultra and High, when previous documentation states that ION+Ultra and Medium is the most effective for absorption (77%)?

There’s no danger to us ULTRA + ION, but out of our research and experiences the IONisation causes a feeling of little pinpricks (this is the case in 50 % of the users)

So we decided to recommend to use only ULTRA, because there are clients they don’t love this feeling. They can’t differentiate is it a risk or not.

But test it yourself. There’s no danger.

Concerning HIGH: with the button L/H you can choose LOW for low intensity for Ionisation, HIGH for high intensity and LOW+HIGH for a middle intensity.

In case only using ULTRA it doesn’t matter, because IONisation is switched off.

If you want to test the treatment booster with ION, it plays a role. You can feel a little difference.

2. There are silicons in the booster - is this not bad for the skin?

See 1.a). Our created silicon doesn’t harm. We use it only on the upper skin layers, so there’s no danger at all.

3. Do you have a full ingredients list for both these new products?

See attached.

4. What are the differences between the M1 and M2? It looks like you no longer have the ION/Ultra and Low/High settings? In this case, if you had the M2, how would you use the new booster - or is the M2 M setting are set to the configuration of M+Ultra+High?

On our additional M2 the programs are all preprogrammed. So you only need to switch on and choose your program …. and start the treatment.

With M1 you can choose more individual cobinatiions.

M2 In case of using only ULTRAsound (booster) you should use program S = soft = only Sound (here’s no IONisation included)

I=Ionisation=here’s no ULTRAsound included.

In all other programs the preprogrmmed situation is ION+ULTRA.

5. I have always used (as per the manual) the settings of ION+Ultra and Medium for all treatments except cleansing - is there new information to suggest the Ultra+High is more effective? For example, would one use that configuration with N or L?

Ultrasound is responsible for opening the cellwalls/intercellular space/the barrier and transport. And Ionisation is responsible for the transport in the deep skinlayers. So the combination and synchronical power of both is the worldwide patented and unique and above all successful way of SQOOM concept.

So, after the above information, last night I first did a normal N treatment with the normal gel, to get the HA to deeper layers, and then I finished with the Booster gel and settings. Loved it!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:20 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

HI Keliu, Skinactives does not sell Matrixyl 3000 but the real original Matrixyl, the good stuff...

Yes, thank you for clearing that up - this is what I bought:
http://www.skinactives.com/Palmitoyl-Pentapeptide-3-Matrixyl.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a Sqoom on ebay (Germany)!!! Very Happy
It's used but they say only a few times for demonstration purposes. I paid 150 Euro (200 USD). Last week, I watched two auctions and they went for 202 Euro (without gels) and about 250 Euros (with unused gels), so I think I paid a fair price.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Wow...that is a great deal!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Did you have to ask them to post outside of Germany? I just had a look and I can't read German but the shipping bit looked like it only went to Germany
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:53 am      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
Did you have to ask them to post outside of Germany? I just had a look and I can't read German but the shipping bit looked like it only went to Germany

Lizzie, I live in Europe and have it shipped to my Mum in Germany. Smile
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:01 am      Reply with quote
You are so lucky!!
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:22 am      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
You are so lucky!!

Yeah, in this case I am. But very often I read about products and items on EDS I CAN'T get. Wink

By the way, did you know you can buy a NEW Rex Kara for 239 USD (if not, have a look on the other ultrasound thread).
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - thank you I did but I'm not in the us and they didn't ship to Canada!!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if these have been posted but they
are the specs for the Sqoom. I think someone was interested in them.

Ultrasound Frequency 1MHz

Intensity levels from 0,1 W/cm2 to 0,5 W/cm2

Ionisation 1 Hz/150 usec pulse range

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |