Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Cross posting this in case it is helpful to anyone:

bethany wrote:
FYI that I have a Sqoom presentation that says:

Quote:
Physiological effects of our SQOOM Concept devices:

Low frequency ultrasound waves (0.6MHz-2MHz) increase the intercellular space

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:00 am      Reply with quote
So are they going to start selling this item in the US? Sometimes I do wonder about these gadgets from abroad...if they are so good, why aren't they being sold in the United States? Surely there would be a large market here for that kind of thing.
JLSqoom

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I've been using sqoom for 4 nights now on S mode (without ion, I believe, correct me if I am wrong) for sensitive skin with good result right afterwards but by morning it's back to normal. Anyone with sensitive skin try the regular M mode, instead of S, and get good result without irritation? Also, how effective is sqoom on puffy/baggy under eyes?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:41 am      Reply with quote
bellabambiiina wrote:
So are they going to start selling this item in the US? Sometimes I do wonder about these gadgets from abroad...if they are so good, why aren't they being sold in the United States? Surely there would be a large market here for that kind of thing.

FDA approval takes 3-5 years and there is a also a huge expense associated with it. I am sure they will be here eventually!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:43 am      Reply with quote
JLSqoom wrote:
I've been using sqoom for 4 nights now on S mode (without ion, I believe, correct me if I am wrong) for sensitive skin with good result right afterwards but by morning it's back to normal. Anyone with sensitive skin try the regular M mode, instead of S, and get good result without irritation? Also, how effective is sqoom on puffy/baggy under eyes?

I have sensitive skin and have had no issues at all with the regular modes. I do make sure to keep the settings on Medium and not high though.

I find it to be very effective on puffy under eyes, but have seen no improvement on upper lids.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:03 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I find it to be very effective on puffy under eyes, but have seen no improvement on upper lids.

Bethany, do you use the device directly on your upper lids?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Chiqui65 wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany, do you use the device directly on your upper lids?

Not directly on top of my eye, but I do use it right under my brows. I was hoping to see some lift that way, but it hasn't materialized yet.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Bethany. I have sqoom's latest model, without the option of "high/low" setting. I tried the M setting and haven't had any problem (the result seems to last with this mode). Do you use the circular motion for all of your treatment (Cleaning, Massage, etc) or follow the manual's movement direction? Also, what exactly were the result on your under eyes? I've avoided using it for under eyes in fear of puffing them up more by pushing (ion) the gel into them. Kind of stupid I know, but as I've said, I don't have the "low" setting option. Lastly, how often did you use your sqoom in the beginning? Daily?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I bought a Merbe last weekend. It arrived yesterday and I used it last night.

First impression: I noticed no particular immediate changes, good or bad, and if anything my skin seemed dehydrated and "tired" this morning Neutral No particular lifting or tightening, but I might be a slow responder for that sort of thing, so we'll see what happens over time.

This was my routine:

-- "Cleansing" mode, with the Fyola "Aesthetic Gel" (came in a big silver/gray tube)

-- "Massage" mode, done with straight up Sea Kelp Bioferment. The SKB is at the very end of, or just past its shelf life - something to keep in mind.

-- "Nutrition" and "Lift" modes, which I used a 50/50 split of SKB and Skin Fix, with a bit of Niacinamide mixed in.

Considerations:

--Both aloe vera and SKB have always had an astringent effect on my skin. Others may find them moisturizing, but that's never been the case for me, so the dryness may very well be from the gel itself.

--I added niacinamide because it's known to help barrier repair, but if I recall correctly, it can also have a drying effect and cause irritation for some people. So, again, this could be why my skin seemed drier and more crepey this morning.

I have LMW HA on the way, and we'll see if the addition of HA makes a positive difference.

Bethany, so sorry the Skin Fix didn't work well for you Sad Do you have any Medium Chain Triglyceride oil? MCT oil emulsifies with water, and it's really lovely for most water-based gels. I love using a small amount of Skin Fix, mixed with a few drops of MCT oil (and sometimes a very tiny dab of liquid crystals), as a gentle, no-fuss facial moisturizer. Maybe you can get some use out of it that way.

Oh, and MCT oil also has transdermal properties, similar to Emu oil, but it's less expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Low, no big deal on the Skin Fix....I will find some use for it!

I am surprised you didn't see any immediate effects, but hopefully you will in the near future!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Still waiting on my Sqoom gels to be delivered, sigh.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Bethany and other sqoom/merbe users, how are you combining use of the device and gels with your current skincare? Are you using device and gels at night and epionce etc in the am?
Are you following the sqoom protocol that suggested every day for the first 7 weeks?
Thanks!
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Sorry one more question! Bethany, is the rosacea gel supposed to be used in place of the hyagel?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:00 am      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
Bethany and other sqoom/merbe users, how are you combining use of the device and gels with your current skincare? Are you using device and gels at night and epionce etc in the am?
Are you following the sqoom protocol that suggested every day for the first 7 weeks?
Thanks!

I am following my usual Epionce AM routine, and then in the PM I do the Merbe a few times a week. I am layering on the Epionce MelanoLyte or IDS, followed by the gel. Sometimes I may use my cheapie BioWave microcurent quickly while the gel is still on my face. I may or may not follow with the Epionce moisturizer.

Overall my forehead, glabella, and neck lines are looking softer and I have had some marionette line lift as well. I am hoping the Sqoom gels take things to the next level, but we'll have to see.

BTW, since I couldn't use the Skin fix, I ordered some more of the Fyola cleansing/massage gel that contains HA. I have not been able to get the complete ingredient list, but since they specialize in this device and are constantly warning what not to penetrate, I am not overly worried about it.

$15 for a big tube...I ordered 3, and with fast shipping (3-6 days from Korea) it was $65.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Bethany - do you have a link to where you purchased the cleansing/massage gel? Only thing I can come up with is the facial toner. THANKS! Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:32 am      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Bethany - do you have a link to where you purchased the cleansing/massage gel? Only thing I can come up with is the facial toner. THANKS! Smile

I purchased from the ebay seller where I bought my Merbe. He does not list it separately, but if you email him he will sell it to you. (apparently this is not sold outside of Korea) Very good communications and fast shipping.

FYI that it is the beginning of Korea's thanksgiving-type holiday, so you may not hear back from him until Monday. (I only know this because he can't ship until Monday for me)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190849168061&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I am surprised you didn't see any immediate effects, but hopefully you will in the near future!

I'm sure I will - I'm a slow responder to everything, whether topicals or devices. I did another treatment the following night and I do think there was some improvement to my lips with the lips protocol! I'm holding off any further treatments until the LMW HA comes in from SEA.

I have to admit that with all the debate over whether LMW HA hurts or helps, the sqoom gel is sounding better and better, even at the crazy price point Neutral

Were you able to confirm that your Fyola gel definitely has HA?

This is the gel he sent me. I've been Googling, but I can't find it listed or described anywhere - only the "Skin Food" or the "Toning gel" in the purple bottle. The ingredient list is in Korean, of course, so I have no way to tell what's in it.

I tried to get a macro shot of what I *think* is the ingredient list, in case anyone wants to try to translate...

If it's confirmed that these gels definitely contain HA, I'll probably just use those, while occasionally experimenting with DIY HA gels.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Were you able to confirm that your Fyola gel definitely has HA?

This is all I was able to find:

Quote:
Gel skin manager (Skin Massager - Merbe) step of cleansing and massage steps when managing Fyola gel.

Sebum, dead skin cells and moisturize the skin's moisture resilient management, waste management and products that help.

Excellent skin affinity hyaluronic acid and water-soluble polysaccharides (CM-Glucan) give skin moist and elastic cultivate.

Aloe extract ingredients calm the skin and protects the skin from the external environment.

Radiance and vitality to the skin and silicone oil to improve the finish of the skin like silk, to prevent the formation of skin, enhances skin moisturizing effect lasting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Merbe-Ultrasound-Fyola-Cleansing-Massage-Gel-200ml-/281093285795?nma=true&si=Lite1fHgs46xvAnF7F%252FMQBrmGic%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Radiance and vitality to the skin and silicone oil to improve the finish of the skin like silk, to prevent the formation of skin, enhances skin moisturizing effect lasting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Merbe-Ultrasound-Fyola-Cleansing-Massage-Gel-200ml-/281093285795?nma=true&si=Lite1fHgs46xvAnF7F%252FMQBrmGic%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Interesting.. karenlee did say that the new Sqoom "Booster" gel has silicone in it, and I believe she was referring to that very product when she said the plumping action was impressive, and that she could see why it was comparable to fillers.

I might order some of that. I'll specify to the seller that I want the one in the purple tube, though, in case he just randomly selects a gel.

Thank you for the info! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I might order some of that. I'll specify to the seller that I want the one in the purple tube, though, in case he just randomly selects a gel.

For all we know, your tube may have the same ingredients! I wish we had someone that could read the bottle, or that we could find it online and try to translate it. But no such luck so far.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany!

I know this is in here somewhere - LOL - but I just wanted to confirm that the Merbe is identical to the Sqoom with the exception of the battery & the titanium transducer.

Could one of you owners tell me what the adaptor is? (very hard to see on ebay listing! Rolling Eyes )

Also is the battery replaceable? (& type) I know the original Fyola directions say that one is/was.

Finally are ppl using the H or Low setting for their treatments?

Thanks muchisimo! Smile Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Thanks Bethany!

I know this is in here somewhere - LOL - but I just wanted to confirm that the Merbe is identical to the Sqoom with the exception of the battery & the titanium transducer.

Could one of you owners tell me what the adaptor is? (very hard to see on ebay listing! Rolling Eyes )

Also is the battery replaceable? (& type) I know the original Fyola directions say that one is/was.

Finally are ppl using the H or Low setting for their treatments?

Thanks muchisimo! Smile Smile

Lotts did not respond to my emails asking the difference between the Merbe/Fyola/Sqoom. However, Sqoom responded to someone else earlier in this thread and said the titanium head, battery, and gels were different.

I have no idea if the battery is really replaceable, but I had read on the Fyola specs that it was. Now who you would contact for the new battery I have no idea, since Lotts does not respond! But the Merbe and Fyola (old model) buttons are definitely identical to the Sqoom M1 unit, and Lott's manufactures all 3 units.

My unit came with a Korean plug...two round tubes that plug into the wall. I used an international adaptor kit I already had, but you can get an adaptor at Radio Shack or on Amazon for a few bucks.

Here is some info I PM'd to someone else:

Quote:
You can get adaptors at Radio Shack or Amazon, but I ordered a world-wide set many years ago for a work trip to London, and have used it far more than I ever expected just with EDS gadgets, lol. (the STOP required the UK adaptor, the Merbe required the Asian adaptor, etc.)

http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-AC5-World-Travel-Adapter/dp/B00013BL18/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1379020134&sr=8-5&keywords=electrical+adapter

http://www.amazon.com/VCT-VP7-Adapter-Plug-USA/dp/B001EAYAUQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1379717221&sr=8-14&keywords=electric+adapter+for+asia

I follow the guidelines in the Sqoom manual and do my treatments on Medium (both low and high are lit up).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Bethany.

I am now wondering : was the sqoom 1 a single model or did they come out with 2?

The reason I ask is because 2 different user manuals describe the H L buttons in 2 different ways.

One states that these buttons switch US frequency from Hi to Low (& on opposite side also says intensity range ?!)- Activate the LOW/HIGH
(0.9 MHz) frequency by
pressing this button once
or select the highest fre-
quency HIGH (1.8 MHz) by
pressing this button twice

Here's the link : (near the beginning)

http://www.sqoom.at/cms/upload/downloads/SQOOM-Bedienanleitung_English.pdf

The next manual makes no mention of US frequency only intensity.

http://www.sqoom.com/uploads/media/105.201303.EN-SQOOM_antiAge_manual-portrait.pdf

Will the real (accurate) manual please stand up!!

Shock Rolling Eyes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:

Shock Rolling Eyes

There are 2 units...M1 and M2. M1 is reflected in both manuals. If you look at the device numbers, series number, and tech specs you will see that they are all the same but one manual has more tech details.

I am betting that one country might require more info to be disclosed than an other country, or one manual is newer than the other. One of the manuals was also focused on the Sqoom Woman, and referred to the medical gels as the "dermachic" line.

Regardless of the Intensity button documentation just mentioning the ultrasound intensity, I just checked my unit and even if you just select the Ion option, you can still select an intensity level (low, medium, high). They pretty much recommend the medium intensity on everything except the cleaning mode which is high.

FYI that on the M2 model they did away with the intensity and Ion vs US options....you can only pick the modes and everything else is preprogrammed for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
cabrita wrote:

Shock Rolling Eyes

There are 2 units...M1 and M2. M1 is reflected in both manuals. If you look at the device numbers, series number, and tech specs you will see that they are all the same but one manual has more tech details.

I am betting that one country might require more info to be disclosed than an other country, or one manual is newer than the other. One of the manuals was also focused on the Sqoom Woman, and referred to the medical gels as the "dermachic" line.

Regardless of the Intensity button documentation just mentioning the ultrasound intensity, I just checked my unit and even if you just select the Ion option, you can still select an intensity level (low, medium, high). They pretty much recommend the medium intensity on everything except the cleaning mode which is high.

FYI that on the M2 model they did away with the intensity and Ion vs US options....you can only pick the modes and everything else is preprogrammed for you.

Bethany, just wanted to click you *a-thank-you* while reading this.

I have no idea what you (et al) are talking about...But it's still so interesting....
I am trying so hard to follow along with all this info.

I commend you, bethany, for your fortitude in being able to succinctly address the questions so thoroughly.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |