Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I hope everyone has some before-and-after photos!

I will post some at week 3!

I hope people will do that to see which is most effective!
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
There are 2 units...M1 and M2. M1 is reflected in both manuals. If you look at the device numbers, series number, and tech specs you will see that they are all the same but one manual has more tech details.

Sorry for being obtuse Bethany - I was referring to were there 2 versions of the M1! I knew there is a M2.

Reason for that is that in one manual they claim the h/l is for US frequency (0.9/1.Cool (& somehow the power intensity & in the other there is no mention of US frequency only intensity (power).

Also in the final specs - 1 says 1mhz (was 0.9 earlier in the manual - LOL) & 1.8mhz US & the other is simply 1mhz. To me that is very confusing & different.

Curious then - the H/M/L settings can be used on the Ion (as you pted out)- & also on the US alone & all of the combo (US/Ion) settings?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Quote:
There are 2 units...M1 and M2. M1 is reflected in both manuals. If you look at the device numbers, series number, and tech specs you will see that they are all the same but one manual has more tech details.

Sorry for being obtuse Bethany - I was referring to were there 2 versions of the M1! I knew there is a M2.

Reason for that is that in one manual they claim the h/l is for US frequency (0.9/1.Cool (& somehow the power intensity & in the other there is no mention of US frequency only intensity (power).

Also in the final specs - 1 says 1mhz (was 0.9 earlier in the manual - LOL) & 1.8mhz US & the other is simply 1mhz. To me that is very confusing & different.

Curious then - the H/M/L settings can be used on the Ion (as you pted out)- & also on the US alone & all of the combo (US/Ion) settings?

Correct...the H/M/L settings are available on all 3 options (ion, US, and combo), which is referenced in the original Fyola manual I think.

I think a lot of the documentation differences encompass rounding and inclusion/exclusion of details...the less they have to share, the better it is for them from a competitive standpoint. But as you can see from the device and series numbers (typically near the last page of the brochure), they are the same device.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:

I commend you, bethany, for your fortitude in being able to succinctly address the questions so thoroughly.

I sure try, but may not always succeed, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
bethany wrote:

I am surprised you didn't see any immediate effects, but hopefully you will in the near future!

I'm sure I will - I'm a slow responder to everything, whether topicals or devices. I did another treatment the following night and I do think there was some improvement to my lips with the lips protocol! I'm holding off any further treatments until the LMW HA comes in from SEA.

I have to admit that with all the debate over whether LMW HA hurts or helps, the sqoom gel is sounding better and better, even at the crazy price point Neutral

Were you able to confirm that your Fyola gel definitely has HA?

This is the gel he sent me. I've been Googling, but I can't find it listed or described anywhere - only the "Skin Food" or the "Toning gel" in the purple bottle. The ingredient list is in Korean, of course, so I have no way to tell what's in it.

I've had my Merbe for a week now. I'm not seeing any results either, unfortunately.

I received the same gray tube of the Fyola "Aesthetic gel". I searched all over and couldn't find an ingredient list in English.

Could you point me to the "lips protocol"? I'd like to try that.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

Could you point me to the "lips protocol"? I'd like to try that.

See 2nd section below...

bethany wrote:
From the Sqoom.Global facebook page:

Quote:
Plunging necklines are a must this spring. For a smoother, crease free decolletage, you can treat your skin with SQOOM.
SQOOM M1: 12 min 3/N with xcential hyaGel.
SQOOM M2: 12 min 3/W with xcential hyaGel

Quote:
As well as stocking up on lip balm, you can use SQOOM to heal your lips - simply treat them with xcential hyaGel - 2 minutes programme M (Massage) and 2 minutes progamme N (Nutrition). Soon your lips will regain their usual moisture and look great again.

Quote:
SUN KISSSED? SUNBURNED? ALWAYS SQOOM AFTER THE SUN!

We’ve already told you that too much sun exposure can severely affect the aging process. Your skin ages faster, but then again you were having so much fun at the beach or pool, you lost track of time, so here you are sun kissed? Sunburned?

SQOOM together with xcential hyaGel have a super moisturizing effect which results from its low molecular bi-hyaluronic acid and aloe inner – leaf gel in a glycerol matrix, which is a very intensive and long lasting moisture optimization for the skin. Xcential hyaGel is also packed with dittrichia viscosa extract which has a very protective and repairing effect in case of cell damage, specifically caused by UV radiation.

So sun kissed? Sun burned? Here is our advice!
1. Apply a generous amount of xcential hyaGel on the affected area.
2. Treat first with program M (Massage) for 4-8 minutes then N (Nutrition) for 4-8 minutes.
3. Leave the leftover gel as a mask.

Quote:
SQOOM for botox lovers

Botox users can look unnatural and expressionless. SQOOM concept allows you to show all your facial emotions but smoothes wrinkles when your face is in a relaxed state. Regular botox users can extend botox effectiveness if they SQOOM their faces after botox treatments (wait three days after treatment before using).

Quote:
SQOOM for acne - (use medgel GelComplexAK)

A holistic acne solution. SQOOM is the first breakthrough product to use ultrasound with a targeted specific frequency to totally unblock ducts, while gels combat scarring and pigmentation. Many products treat acne by drying the skin. This works in the short-term, but is not a good idea long term because dried-up cells exfoliate and die, then block ducts, which results in sebum accumulation, stagnation and inflammation (acne). This acne treatment opens up ducts and rehydrates the skin. Follow it up with GelComplexNA (a medgel), which reduces scar appearance, and DeSpot Gel, which reduces pigmentation. One of the few acne treatments which doesn’t make your skin sun sensitive and has no side effects. Will treat the spectrum of acne disorders from mild to the most severe.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany for clarifying regarding the H/L settings!

Yes they certainly are the same device so I am more perplexed than ever! The H/L is either power or US frequency or possibly both depending on which mode you are in perhaps. (Ion - power/ US - frequency/ combo - US frequency)

I think I will email Sqoom & see what I can find out. I like the idea of the 1.8mhz frequency option if in fact this is one!
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Is the merbe as close a deal to the sqoom as can be. I mean should I save my pennies to get the sqoom or is the merbe which is a lot more affordable comparable to the sqoom and just as good. Can anyone enlighten me please!! I get soo close to purchasing the merbe then will read someone is not getting any results.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
Is the merbe as close a deal to the sqoom as can be. I mean should I save my pennies to get the sqoom or is the merbe which is a lot more affordable comparable to the sqoom and just as good. Can anyone enlighten me please!! I get soo close to purchasing the merbe then will read someone is not getting any results.

Zizi, you are going to find that is the case with every device, since not everyone sees results in every case. And to complicate things, every one of us is using different topicals, and that could definitely cause different outcomes as well. Sqoom says their gels are very critical to their results.

If I were you, I would wait to see what happens when I get my Sqoom gels...we can then see if my Merbe results rival Karenlee's (she is using the Sqoom gels and the Sqoom device). However, I have already seen results when using the Fyola HA gel that came with mine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, the slight marionette lines we talked about before starting this?

Going, going, nearly gone! Wow.

I posted a question on the other thread on "At-home Ultrasound" - hope you guys will check it out and lend me your smarts!

Appreciate it!
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:04 am      Reply with quote
thanks Bethany. I really do appreciate your help and honesty. I will wait and see your results with the sqoom gels. It will be an interesting experiement... Smile Please keep us updated. And on your results with the merbe and fyola gels.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 am      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
thanks Bethany. I really do appreciate your help and honesty. I will wait and see your results with the sqoom gels. It will be an interesting experiement... Smile Please keep us updated. And on your results with the merbe and fyola gels.

Will do!

The gels arrived and are just waiting for me to pick them up at the post office. I will be trying them out Monday night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:44 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
zizi wrote:

Will do!

The gels arrived and are just waiting for me to pick them up at the post office. I will be trying them out Monday night.

I can't wait to hear what you think of the gel. I've been on the verge of pushing the "buy" button.
havana8

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:03 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
zizi wrote:

Will do!

I can't wait to hear what you think of the gel. I've been on the verge of pushing the "buy" button.

Me too as my Merbe is on its way here... Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:15 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Me too as my Merbe is on its way here... Smile

Congrats!

Shastagirl, I have even give up my Safetox after starting this (which I never thought I would do) because the impact on my forehead lines is about the same. However, I am not seeing results comparable to Karenlee's, which is why I went for the Sqoom gels.

FYI that this is very boring to use, but I now do it while watching tv...much more tolerable than doing it in my bathroom.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Questions for Merbe owners: Karenlee posted the following a while ago in reference to the Sqoom Booster (Q & A with Sqoom) :

Quote:
The secial hyaluronic acid is oil-pre-dispersed. And this oil matrix could prevent the contact. You can see and test it with the red blinking light on the backside of the handheld. If there’s no light, there’s no contact. In this case simply 1-2-3 pumps of the acqua+ ….. and continue.

I am wondering if the Merbe also has this red blinking light on backside when there is contact. (I presume it does if in fact these 2 devices are functionally identical)

She also posted (from same Q & A):

(a) Why do we use M with this gel and not N?

M is our program M=Massage. With the physical power of 50 % push and 50 % pull = strengthening (micro-massage of the skin tissues) and in the same time a middle power of transport in the upper skinlayers) . N=Nutrition. With the physical power of 80 % push and 20 % pull = main work transporting in deeper skinlayers.

The 50/50 on the massage setting makes sense to me - since there are alternating + & - ions but I am perplexed regarding the 80/20 for the nutrition setting - since this is only - ions. Any ideas? Or perhaps they meant to say Lifting?

Does anyone have the full ingredient listing for the Booster?

Bethany - I see you say you have now stopped the Safetox due to not needing for forehead lines - has the Merbe also helped with the 11's? I have only very fine forehead lines but started getting 11's at 50 (never had 'em before that - go figure!) & the Safetox works very well for keeping them at bay!

Am also wondering if users are seeing decreased overall fine lines? I do not have any deep ones but I sure would like to eradicate the fine ones!

Thanks for any info/feedback! Smile Smile
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
My Merbe does have the blinking red light on the back. Otherwise I can't tell that it's doing anything since there is nothing to feel.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a list of all the DIY sites that sell HA and the weights of the HA they sell. If anyone knows any others fell free to add to the list.

Lotion Crafters
HA- 1000kDA
SLMW HA- <50kDA (avg. batch is 17kDA)
ULMW HA- 3-5 kDA

Garden of Wisdom
HA- 1000 kDA

BulkActives
HA- 1,320 kDA
ULMW- 5kDA

Making Cosmetics
HA- 800-1200 kDA
SLMW- <50kDa

SkinActives
HA- doesn't state but says by definition molecular weight of HA is in the millions

Skin Essential Actives
HA- 1500kDa
SLMW- .10x10-6 I take this to mean to the power of 6 which would make it 100kDa

Sell HA but don't state the molecular weight

Ingredients to die for
The Personal formulator

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:

Bethany - I see you say you have now stopped the Safetox due to not needing for forehead lines - has the Merbe also helped with the 11's? I have only very fine forehead lines but started getting 11's at 50 (never had 'em before that - go figure!) & the Safetox works very well for keeping them at bay!

Am also wondering if users are seeing decreased overall fine lines? I do not have any deep ones but I sure would like to eradicate the fine ones!

I am seeing improvement in my glabellas (11's), forehead lines, neck lines, and also somewhat on some minor chest lines.

I am completely out of Fyola gel and HA serum, and am actually bummed that I can't do a full treatment tonight. Sad. Maybe I'll try it with my regular serums and some skin fix.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am seeing a reduction in my neck ring lines, fine lines under my eye and some reduction in forehead lines and chest wrinkles.

It is still helping with lymph reduction in my under eye and jowl area.

Last Monday I did a treatment with my serums under some HA I got from DermaPen. My face looked lifted and pretty good the next day. The problem was my face muscles felt like I had done a bunch of facial exercises. They were kind of sore. I didn't know what to think about this, so I waited till last night to do another treatment. I also did the treatment on medium instead of high. I didn't get this soreness today. Has anybody else experienced this? I did 8 min. on M and 4 min. on N, both using the high setting.

Also my face tends to look better the day after then the night I do my treatment. Does anyone else find this to be true?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies for your responses. Sounding encouraging overall.

Curious how long that Fyola tube lasted you Bethany & were you only using it on the cleansing/massage settings or on all of them. (trying to decide whether or not to order extra if/when I order the Merbe - I know you have sensitive skin so I'm sure I would be able to tolerate it also)

Quote:
The problem was my face muscles felt like I had done a bunch of facial exercises. They were kind of sore. I didn't know what to think about this, so I waited till last night to do another treatment. I also did the treatment on medium instead of high. I didn't get this soreness today. Has anybody else experienced this? I did 8 min. on M and 4 min. on N, both using the high setting.

I'm still wondering about the hi/med/low settings as to whether this is regarding the US &/or the Ion. (I do think if has to do with power intensity at least tho & perhaps your skin cannot tolerate the highest setting) I did send Sqoom's CS a list of questions including this one & also why they are suggesting ion only for eyes on the M2. (maybe due to depth penetration of 1mhz &/or perhaps the combo +/- ions on some settings?)

I am waiting for Beauly's response to my power question - but I "think" it is 1.5W/cm2 - at least on likely the highest setting - BUT this sounds quite powerful & your comment Cookie may have brought me over to the Merbe camp. Especially since 1.5W/cm2 might be destructive ultimately ! Shock Shock (although this could be good on fat cells !)
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:05 am      Reply with quote
The Sqoom has been out for a long time, at least since 2009.

I can't seem to find many reviews on it though - has anyone? From regular people, in large numbers?

Would like to read. Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:37 am      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:

Curious how long that Fyola tube lasted you Bethany & were you only using it on the cleansing/massage settings or on all of them. (trying to decide whether or not to order extra if/when I order the Merbe - I know you have sensitive skin so I'm sure I would be able to tolerate it also)

It lasted slightly less than a month, and I was using it on my face, neck, and chest. I also used it on all modes...I am not sure why they list it for just cleansing/massage?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:42 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I am seeing a reduction in my neck ring lines, fine lines under my eye and some reduction in forehead lines and chest wrinkles.

It is still helping with lymph reduction in my under eye and jowl area.

Last Monday I did a treatment with my serums under some HA I got from DermaPen. My face looked lifted and pretty good the next day. The problem was my face muscles felt like I had done a bunch of facial exercises. They were kind of sore. I didn't know what to think about this, so I waited till last night to do another treatment. I also did the treatment on medium instead of high. I didn't get this soreness today. Has anybody else experienced this? I did 8 min. on M and 4 min. on N, both using the high setting.

Also my face tends to look better the day after then the night I do my treatment. Does anyone else find this to be true?

I did Lifting on high once, and my face definitely felt weird the next day. I'm sticking with medium!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
The Sqoom has been out for a long time, at least since 2009.

I can't seem to find many reviews on it though - has anyone? From regular people, in large numbers?

Would like to read. Thanks!

Considering the price point, I don't think we are going to find a ton of regular people....there are only 5 here on EDS with the actual Sqoom that have weighed in (including PQ).

I am wondering what % of their sales are to salons vs consumers, since I have seen them in their marketing videos.

But I haven't really seen many reviews for any of these type of devices.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |