Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
That's great Bethany! Any before and after pics? Marionette lines are my biggest concern so any tightening and lifting in that area would be great.

Doodles, I haven't taken any after photos yet, but may down the road. However, based on the proclivity of certain members to dissect people's photo's to the nth degree, I am really rather reluctant to do so these days.

However, I have no issues with posting Visia results simply because I won't have to listen to lighting and positioning concerns (it is all standardized with the Visia machine, thank goodness). I will be doing another Visia analysis in the next few months, and will certainly share those results since there is a wrinkle category.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
doodles wrote:

I'm thinking of using aloe leaf juice, xylitol - it's supposed to have moisturizing properties and my skin can't handle glycerin, and maybe a couple of water soluble actives. I'm not going to use LMW HA either,

Hi Doodles, any reason you don't want to use just regular weight HA instead of aloe? I am thinking that using HA is an important part of the treatment.

Hi Cookie, I guess I didn't word that very well. What I meant to say is that I was going to use regular HA in an aloe base. From everything I've read, I would have to agree that HA is a very important part of the equation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Doodles, I haven't taken any after photos yet, but may down the road. However, based on the proclivity of certain members to dissect people's photo's to the nth degree, I am really rather reluctant to do so these days.

Bethany, totally understandable! Glad to see that you are getting good results with it. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your comparison between the Sqoom gels and the Fyola gel as there is a bit of a difference in price Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany, totally understandable! Glad to see that you are getting good results with it. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your comparison between the Sqoom gels and the Fyola gel as there is a bit of a difference in price Smile

I'll keep you posted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BTW, since I couldn't use the Skin fix, I ordered some more of the Fyola cleansing/massage gel that contains HA. I have not been able to get the complete ingredient list, but since they specialize in this device and are constantly warning what not to penetrate, I am not overly worried about it.

$15 for a big tube...I ordered 3, and with fast shipping (3-6 days from Korea) it was $65.

bethany wrote:
cabrita wrote:
Bethany - do you have a link to where you purchased the cleansing/massage gel? Only thing I can come up with is the facial toner. THANKS! Smile

I purchased from the ebay seller where I bought my Merbe. He does not list it separately, but if you email him he will sell it to you. (apparently this is not sold outside of Korea) Very good communications and fast shipping.

FYI that it is the beginning of Korea's thanksgiving-type holiday, so you may not hear back from him until Monday. (I only know this because he can't ship until Monday for me)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190849168061&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

FYI that he shipped on Monday from Korea, and I picked it up today (Wednesday) from the office. Super fast shipping!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Night 3 of the Sqoom gels, and I am already 1/3 of the way through the Hyagel and unfortunately am not blown away yet. Let's hope those HA tanks fill up quickly! Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:06 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Night 3 of the Sqoom gels, and I am already 1/3 of the way through the Hyagel and unfortunately am not blown away yet.

Sorry to hear that Sad but maybe it means the (expensive) gels are not necessary and can be replaced by something else which would be good news. Very Happy
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:29 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
bethany wrote:

I am surprised you didn't see any immediate effects, but hopefully you will in the near future!

I'm sure I will - I'm a slow responder to everything, whether topicals or devices......

I've had my Merbe for a week now. I'm not seeing any results either, unfortunately......

LBS & ShastaGirl,

Have you seen any improvement?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Have to say that I really like the MedGel RO, assuming it eventually works in reducing redness of course. But the texture and usability with the device is really nice. I actually like it much better than the HyaGel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:

LBS & ShastaGirl,

No, not really. I see a very slight improvement around the eye area, but I was really hoping for some results in the lower face (lip lines, marionettes, sag).

I'm planning to re-read the threads and protocol this weekend to see if I am doing anything wrong with duration, frequency or something.

Also have been debating on whether to spring for the Sqoom gel. Anyone know if Harrods still carries it? I'll be in London in October. They don't show it online.
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I think Harrods stopped selling them - it's selfridges now or you can order from sqoom and get them sent - I also noticed there's an ebay seller from Italy selling them at a lower price - shipping is free to the UK - if that helps
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:22 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
summer2004 wrote:

LBS & ShastaGirl,

No, not really. I see a very slight improvement around the eye area, but I was really hoping for some results in the lower face (lip lines, marionettes, sag).

I'm planning to re-read the threads and protocol this weekend to see if I am doing anything wrong with duration, frequency or something.

Also have been debating on whether to spring for the Sqoom gel. Anyone know if Harrods still carries it? I'll be in London in October. They don't show it online.

Shasta, I have not seen significant lasting improvement yet with lines, which is why I decided to try the Sqoom gels. (Though I have some definite softening of them)

I have seen some improvement on the marionette lines using the Lift mode and using slow strokes up toward my ears. I am doing 8 mins massage and 8 mins Lift. I was doing the Nutrition mode, but figured it might not be as beneficial for sag so I cut that our for now.

FYI that the Massage mode is for skin tightening per the Sqoom people,

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:00 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Oops...I forgot to finish that sentence!

The Massage mode is for skin tightening per the Sqoom people, so I think it is important to do both that and the Lifting modes to best conquer the sag. (I was previously doing Nutrition and Lifting)

BTW, I just did an "inspection" in the 10x mirror, and I *think* my forehead lines are looking better since adding the Sqoom gels. But I am NOT ready to give them a thumbs up yet....based on the high price, I have pretty high expectations to go along with them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh...less than a full week and I have already used half a bottle of HyaGel. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - so appreciate your candor and honest descriptions! We all need that so that we don't waste our hard earned money!

I really like the Le Mieux Calming gel. It stays slick, I'm not worried about the ingredients and any left over - I just rub into my hands and arms.

So far all is going well! Will update on the other thread!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:02 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:
summer2004 wrote:

LBS & ShastaGirl,

Shasta, I have not seen significant lasting improvement yet with lines, which is why I decided to try the Sqoom gels. (Though I have some definite softening of them)

I have seen some improvement on the marionette lines using the Lift mode and using slow strokes up toward my ears. I am doing 8 mins massage and 8 mins Lift. I was doing the Nutrition mode, but figured it might not be as beneficial for sag so I cut that our for now.

Thanks Bethany. I was doing 4 min Massage and 4-8 min on Nutrition and then 8 on Lift. I think I'll do 8 min on Massage and 8 min on Lift and see how that goes.

I did the first week every day. And then dropped to 3-4 times a week after that. Is that the frequency others are using?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:44 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

I did the first week every day. And then dropped to 3-4 times a week after that. Is that the frequency others are using?

I was actually dong 2-3x a week, but bumped it up to daily for a week when I got the gels. I will probably cut back once the newness wears off and I have a conclusion on the effectiveness of the gels.

Sqoom says you can do it daily, but I think my skin actually looked better when I was doing it less frequently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I am doing 2 treatments a week. 8 minute on Massage and 4 minutes on Nutrition each session.
The most treatments I have done in a week as been 4. I think my skin looks better with less treatments a week not more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:25 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I am doing 2 treatments a week. 8 minute on Massage and 4 minutes on Nutrition each session.
The most treatments I have done in a week as been 4. I think my skin looks better with less treatments a week not more.

What exactly are you seeing from your treatments? Are you seeing something more positive than from the microcurrent treatments?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
CookieD wrote:

What exactly are you seeing from your treatments? Are you seeing something more positive than from the microcurrent treatments?

Unfortunately my microcurrent results haven't been that positive. I do think the Beautiful Image machine does a better job on my neck rings. The Merbe helps on those but BI gets rid of them although only temporarily. I see more lifting in the brow area with BI also.

I think the Merbe does a much better job on lymph drainage. I have done all kind of massage, Vaculift etc. over the years and haven't gotten the under eye and jaw area to drain like I have with the Merbe.

The Merbe does a better job on fine under eye lines and on NL lines.

What I am most excited about is I think I finally see some lifting on the corners of my mouth. It is in the very early stages so I don't want to say much until I am sure it is the Merbe that is doing this and it is not just temporary. I saw a line last week at the corner of my mouth that was not there before. At first I was pissed but I think the line has always been there it is just that the corner of my mouth was attached to it. Now the corner of my mouth is starting to lift and I can see this line more. This has been the hardest area for me to see any progress in. I am very hesitant to mention this because it is just starting to happen and I want to make sure what I am seeing continues to get better. Please don't rush out and get a Sqoom/Merbe based upon this. I'll need at least a month to feel comfortable saying that it is the Merbe and of course I will need to continue to see lifting in that area also.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
A couple of quick observations....it looks like the gels are finally kicking in!

- I am no longer using quite as much gel on my cheeks when doing a treatment (thank goodness), but my forehead is still sucking it up, sigh
- My cheeks are actually looking a bit less red, so the MedGel RO must be working
- Lines on my forehead and my glabellas are much softer Very Happy
- Oddly, my forehead feels a bit frozen Confused

I am going to keep plugging away, but am going to change up my usage a bit. I will now use the HyaGel ONLY on the problem areas with lines (my forehead and maybe crowsfeet area), and will do my cheeks only with the MedGel since it seems to last a lot longer during the treatment and also contains HA. This should hopefully be a bit more cost effective because while the MedGel is marginally more expensive, you get double the quantity. (Wish I had thought of that earlier!)

Haven't decided what I am going to use on my neck/chest yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany- do you know if the MedGel has the same amount of HA in it as the HyaGel? Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Hi Bethany- do you know if the MedGel has the same amount of HA in it as the HyaGel? Thanks

I think the HyaGel has more than the MedGel. I'll see if I can track down some info.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Beth - do you really think you need to apply more and more gel throughout the treatment? I would be inclined to apply a reasonable amount of gel, then spray with water (Avene, Rose Water etc) to get the slippage needed. This would be far more cost effective.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Beth - do you really think you need to apply more and more gel throughout the treatment? I would be inclined to apply a reasonable amount of gel, then spray with water (Avene, Rose Water etc) to get the slippage needed. This would be far more cost effective.

Keliu, I have been spritzing with Avene as well. But when I first started using it the first pump would disappear almost immediately, and water still wasn't enough to keep it going unless I drenched myself. So I decided to limit myself to 2 pumps, then add the Fyola gel and water as needed. (I am still having to do all 3 steps there to get through the treatment).

On my cheeks I can get away with one pump of the MedGel, and maybe a little water. On my chest it takes the HyaGel, Fyola gel, and water.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |