Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Devita Skin Care & Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Devita is a natural eco friendly company. I look for no parabens/animal testing/good company so this line meets these but I know it's so much more....I'm just not that knowledgeable...I just know their products are great quality and work great.

Devita Whipped Mineral Foundation- I have been looking for a liquid mineral foundation for a long time and have finally found one that I really like. The texture is a dream and it feels like nothing on the skin. Does not break me out either. I wish it had a bit more coverage but my skin is goo right now and I have a great concealer so it's fine.

Devita age reversal moisturizer- LOVE this stuff!!! It super light and even has a Oil controlling effect which I love!!! I have not been using moisturizer during the day for years because they all feel heavy and do not look good under my but this one is a winner. Only bad hung is it can ball up if you rub too hard while applying mu.

Body block SPF 30- great feel on the skin and no breakouts...this is a first for me. I will be using this everyday...I have post acne marks and super light skin and the only thing that lightens them is SPF and I can't wear it bc they all break me out which puts me back to square 1...frustrating!!! So happy I have found this!!

Aloe scrub- nice gentle scrub with the beads. Mixes great with cleanser but I prefer something more abrasive.

I have not posted in years but felt I should tell my peeps about these Great products.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I love their face and body sunscreen. It just sinks right in. I'm getting ready to replenish as I am almost out. I give this product ten stars.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto on the sunscreen. Its the one I buy over and over again despite the price tag. Money well spent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Their Moisture Tints looked very interesting! I may have to try one....

http://www.devitaskincare.com/store/moisture-tints-light-25-oz75-ml-p-17529.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

http://www.devitaskincare.com/store/moisture-tints-light-25-oz75-ml-p-17529.html

Looks like these are offered through EDS as well:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/devita-moisture-tints-p_15821.htm

I might have to try this. Wish it was higher than SPF 15 though.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Looks like these are offered through EDS as well:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/devita-moisture-tints-p_15821.htm

I might have to try this. Wish it was higher than SPF 15 though.

Ugh..I thought it was SPF 30. Thanks for pointing that out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I did order this. Figured I could use it on days when I am mostly inside in place of foundation.

Once I get it, I'll give an update.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I've used the Devita Moisture Tints for about a week now. I like it, it goes on smooth and blends in. I got the Light color and it is perfect (I'm fair - blond hair, blue eyes).

It's only SPF 15, so I'm only going to use it on the days I'm in the office. I've not been outside much with it, so I can't comment on whether you'll get color with it. It is more dense than the regular Devita sunscreen, so that may help.

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Zinc oxide 9%. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Aloe barbadensis* (certified organic aloe vera gel), Purified Water (aqua), Capric/caprylic triglycerides (derived from coconut oil), Glycerin (vegetable), Pomegranate extract, Japanese green tea, Hyaluronic acid (vegan source), Glyceryl stearate SE (derived from vegetable oil), Stearic acid, Lecithin phospholipid, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Allantoin*, Vitis vinifera* (grape) seed extract. May contain: Iron oxides, Chromium green oxide. Ingredient labeling adheres to international INCI standards.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking at these too. I'm addicted to face makeup.
IWantFlawlessSkin
5% products discount

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that Devita just recently changed their formula (according to them, they changed their zinc manufacturer) and now the face and boyd sunblock do not go on clear as they used to but now leave a white cast. Has anyone experienced this? I wanted to find out before I re order any.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I thought I was crazy, the last tube I got did leave a cast to it and balled up. I assumed its because I let it freeze in my car overnight till now. It's still better than anything else on the market in my opinion.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I've always had my suspicions about their sunblock being as effective as they claim so I only use it in the winter. It is the only sunblock I have ever used that goes on completely, completely clear with such a high zinc %. Maybe now the product is more effective, I will order the new formula and see how it goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Cancel my comment about the balling up, it was Nuderm Exfoderm that was making it do that. The white cast is still there though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I recently ordered the Devita sunscreen. I read that the formula has changed. I haven't received my shipment yet. According to the reviews the new formula has a white cast and pieces come off when its rubbed into the skin. Anyone tried the new formula and had this experience?

5% products discount

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Cat Eyes, I have not tried it yet, please let us know how it goes for you I am very curious about this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I've been looking for a new C serum for some time, and I'm really, really liking the Devita 17%, so much so I recently re-ordered.

Previously I tried the Devita Rx C serum, the 20% one, but it didn't seem to agree with my skin. Not sure why, I've used 20% before in other brands with no problems, but I found it somewhat irritating, and my skin is not easily irritated.

Anyway, am liking the Devita 17% C a lot. Which means of course it will probably be discontinued....
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I feel it's a lot oil in summer.But I like to use it in winter.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Devita Solar Body Block. I like the Solar Protective Moisturizer for my face, but it doesn't provide enough protection if I"m going to be outside for any period of time. Even though the SPF is higher, it doesn't seem to last on me.

My husband loves the Gentle Aloe Facial Scrub. He uses it after shaving.

I find it too harsh for my sensitive skin.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:12 am      Reply with quote
the face sunblock is too oil
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Purchased two tubes of Body block SPF 30 - I like that it leaves no white cast. However, it is the most face drying zinc sunscreen I have ever tried and it causes my eyes to burn and water even though I don't use it on the eye area. Dries up my neck skin too.

I wore this sunscreen a few time outdoors just running errands with no prolonged sun exposure. Did not protect and my melasma returned. I applied double layers of this sunscreen and wore a hat. Never had any problems with my melasma coming back until this sunscreen. What took six months of effort with aggressive Obagi NuDerm to eradicate was wiped out in a few days by Devita Sunscreen. Incredibly frustrating.

I use this on my body only and will not repurchase. If you have melasma, stay away from Devita!
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Woah... I got all excited at your first sentence. All I want is for Devita to bring back the old formula, light & gentle with no white cast. I don't even care if it reportedly gave less than stellar sun protection. But it doesn't sound like its the same thing if it dried your face and made your eyes burn.

I'm so sorry to hear of your melasma returning. I hate Devita now. Sad

Cat_eyes, there are other threads confirming that the new sunscreen sucks in all the ways that you mentioned.

appletini wrote:

Anyway, am liking the Devita 17% C a lot. Which means of course it will probably be discontinued....

Yep, my Devita Google searches seemed to confirm that they make changes often with their best selling products.

I don't enjoy being so bitter, but there it is. hmph.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Woah... I got all excited at your first sentence. All I want is for Devita to bring back the old formula, light & gentle with no white cast. I don't even care if it reportedly gave less than stellar sun protection. But it doesn't sound like its the same thing if it dried your face and made your eyes burn.

I was so excited to try Devita after reading all the positive reviews on EDS that I ordered it online when the local Whole Foods was sold out. Couldn't believe how badly the product performed. Also tried the Face Sunscreen when Whole Foods had stock and had the same issues.

Wrote to Devita sharing my concerns and describing my experience with Obagi and melasma. The company replied over a week later with a form letter basically listing their testing process to meet the standards for SPF 30 and that the customer should reapply every 90 minutes. Any company that makes sunscreen should know that a customer who is aware of melasma is vigilant about adequate sunscreen application.

When I pressed them to check my batch codes, the company finally admitted changes in the products were made and that I could return them. This appalled me. I consider sunscreen to be like a medication, it must work and do the job as described or else it is a fraud to the detriment of the user's health. Sunscreen is not like a topical cosmetic cream such as a moisturizer, which may or not work depending on the user's skin condition.

I am going back to Skinceuticals and Shiseido sunscreens for now.
l1982222
5% products discount

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
their face sunscreen is so nice
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:

Cat_eyes, there are other threads confirming that the new sunscreen sucks in all the ways that you mentioned.

appletini wrote:

Yep, my Devita Google searches seemed to confirm that they make changes often with their best selling products.

I don't enjoy being so bitter, but there it is. hmph.

I wonder if you could make a DIY suncreen?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I used to think Devita was the hot too until I saw that they use aloe vera in their sunscreen in a very high %. Causes free radical generation in UV light. Na-ah.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |