Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Loulou's Butt Exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sally565
5% products discount

Fri May 10, 2013 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I remember Loulou posting a butt exercise which she said was amazing for her butt.

Did anyone try it and get good results?- Also do you remember what you actually do?

Thanks
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Sally565!
Yes, I actually did it for over four years with excellent results, considering I haven't been doing any other exercise specifically for the butt. Have only neglected it in the last few months, but I am determined to re-start it.

The way I have been doing it is stand, kick one leg backwards and then to the side. Repeat 20 times. Then the same with the other leg.
Let's see if anybody else chimes in, maybe they can give a better description.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes! I still do this every night at the bathroom sink. Here's what I do:

1. Stand on left leg, bend right leg and bring up and hold at 90 degree angle (the dog pee stance). Hold foot pretty rigid (versus relaxed) and with heel leading, kick leg back behind you and return to 90 degree hold.

2. After return, kick leg out to the side, again with heel leading.

That is just one "rotation." No need to hold a few seconds after the return, just immediately kick out to the side.

I hope this makes sense. It really is a nice butt firming exercise. I usually do 30 kicks on each leg.
sally565
5% products discount

Thu May 16, 2013 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys!

Sorry for the late reply, sounds great, I am definately going to start...

Can I just ask, what benefit does it give to your butt- does it lift it?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 16, 2013 9:48 am      Reply with quote
JenJ is right on with the explanation. Great exercise. I try to do 40 each side. It really lifts the booty.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 16, 2013 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot JenJ,

I think i just discovered a new muscle in my butt Smile

But i am having difficulties too keep my pasture straight.

Can i hold onto something while doing this? Or it will decrease the effect of this exercise?

Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 16, 2013 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
YB you definitely hold onto something. I use a barre at the gym but I'm sure JenJ is using her sink by the sounds of things. LouLou as I recall used a chair. Holding onto something is really important to get the power you need for kicking the legs.
Try to keep posture somewhat upright - a little leaning is okay and will improve with practice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 17, 2013 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing these, 40 reps per side, for years. I have a very tight rear because of it, amazing for my age but it took work.
Now if I could just rid of a little inner thigh cellulite. Been doing lunges and squats for years too, but that is a hard place to target!
Any type of ballet/barre work will also help, along with squats and lunges. You also want to target the quad and hamstring to get a good lean line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 17, 2013 7:29 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have been doing these, 40 reps per side, for years. I have a very tight rear because of it, amazing for my age but it took work.
Now if I could just rid of a little inner thigh cellulite. Been doing lunges and squats for years too, but that is a hard place to target!
Any type of ballet/barre work will also help, along with squats and lunges. You also want to target the quad and hamstring to get a good lean line.

AnnieR toned inner thighs with a gap have been a dream of mine since I developed thunder thighs as a teen. The ONLY program that showed me you could go from overlapping thighs to having a gap was Quick Callanetics Legs, and trust me I tried just about everything. Most inner thigh exercise firm but don't tighten. Callanetics will.

In the image below, you can see how tighter my inner thighs look (right) when I do Callanetics even without a remarkable loss in weight (ironically, the tighter my inner thighs, the more nipped my waist. Go figure):

The program works so well that I stop doing it as soon as I start to feel my thighs not rubbing as I walk Rolling Eyes . But this year I am determined to stick with it till my legs look like Callan's. You can get the program from Amazon.

Dry brushing and eating clean (lots of raw veggies) is supposed to help with getting rid of cellulite.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 17, 2013 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Nonie I had the original Callenetics way back when. This is the first I have heard of one specifically for legs. Sounds awesome. What I always liked about Callanetics was the streamlined look ~ lean tone it gives.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 18, 2013 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Nonie I had the original Callenetics way back when. This is the first I have heard of one specifically for legs. Sounds awesome. What I always liked about Callanetics was the streamlined look ~ lean tone it gives.

Hi sister sweets *wave*

I too owned the original book and video but I found back then it was the leg workout I liked best. (I was on a mission to transform my shape and create curves where none existed thus defying everyone who said it could not be done.) I was testing many workouts and selecting the exercises in each that I found most effective for the results I was seeking.

Callanetics tightens everything but there were areas on my body I wanted firmed up but not tightened (ie not made smaller) so I didn't do the whole workout. I loved the leg workouts and the results promised and foreseen that I memorized it and did it from memory whenever I thought of it. I found out about the Quick Callanetics Legs (only) DVD in the last 10 years and since I couldn't tell you where my original vid is, I got it--plus I wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing out a vital exercise that is part of the leg workout.

If you still have the original, you don't really need to get the leg DVD since it's the leg exercises from the complete workouts isolated in the QCL, but getting the QCL book might be a good addition as it does give tips that help fine-tune the leg workout--tips that you don't get from the DVD workout. Also I got the book second-hand for under a Sterling Pound so it was well worth the money.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 18, 2013 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nonie wave
My old Callanetics tape is pushing up daisies somewhere so I'm off to find the CQL dvd/and or book. Thanks much
Sis

Wed May 22, 2013 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
can someone post a picture of how exactly this exercise is done? I am really bad at following written instruccions Sad I tried googling and youtubing it but couldn't find anything.

Thanks
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nonie!I will look that up. I do dry brush, when I remember. Crying or Very sad Good reminder!
I make myself do butt squeezes throughout the day and they do add up. But that inner thigh is definitely a hard one to take care of!
My SIL says that some girls in her hometown swear by the preparation H and saran wrap on their thighs and tummy's. May have to try it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - preparation H and Saran wrap on the thighs..

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Thanks Nonie!I will look that up. I do dry brush, when I remember. Crying or Very sad Good reminder!
I make myself do butt squeezes throughout the day and they do add up. But that inner thigh is definitely a hard one to take care of!
My SIL says that some girls in her hometown swear by the preparation H and saran wrap on their thighs and tummy's. May have to try it!

AnnieR I personally don't believe in squeezing the butt when I work it. I believe that isolating the butt engages the muscles without any need for me to voluntarily squeeze the cheeks. In fact, I think squeezing the cheeks like you are trying to crack a nut between them will create a narrow butt like this:

...as opposed to a round one like this (which is my preference):

I suppose it all depends on the shape you are going for. But I do think doing low squats with weights which engage your legs and then squeezing your but can lead to a look of narrow hips and legs that balloon out like one sees on bodybuilders. JMHO
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 25, 2013 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Hey, I know! Ready to give that wrap a try although they say it is temporary.
Nonie, too late for me! I grew up in ballet and all that squeezing has taken its toll. Narrow on for me I am afraid, haha. Still, I will take it any day compared to what it could be. Now just to work on those thighs! Mother Nature and genetics!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 26, 2013 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting that info Nonie, very helpful. I'd never thought about the difference different types of exercises could make on the shape of my butt before!

I'd like to echo the other person's request for someone to possibly link to some diagrams or video? I sit all day and my once round & perky pride and joy (lol!) is starting to flatten a bit.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 27, 2013 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA, I don't know about a video for Loulou's Butt exercise, but maybe if you look up fire hydrant workouts or donkey kick workouts on Youtube, you can get a visual that can help you interpret the description of the exercise.

More butt exercises can be found at the following link. They really have butt sculpting down to a science, but you do have to mute your PC and scroll past the crazy videos to focus on the useful info:

http://www.assmatrix.com/buildabooty2.htm
beauty_on_the_inside

Tue May 28, 2013 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I've found the best butt exercise to be the stair climber. My gym has free wifi so I go on the stair climber and watch music videos. Great way to keep myself entertained for 45 minutes!
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have to echo what I've read a lot of people here say Nonie, your posts are remarkable. Very thought-provoking and helpful. Thank you so much for the link, it was hilarious!! But exactly what I wanted.

I'm a slim, small boned person, and have always wanted a bigger butt. I'm gonna see if I can build that dream booty, lol!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 30, 2013 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:

More butt exercises can be found at the following link. They really have butt sculpting down to a science, but you do have to mute your PC and scroll past the crazy videos to focus on the useful info:

http://www.assmatrix.com/buildabooty2.htm

Lol @ that site. I especially enjoyed the "Move Bitch Curl Kicks". That cracked me up.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 30, 2013 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
How did I miss that Cora? Darn! Laughing I did make it to the exercises that are intended to work the top, bottom and/or sides of your butt. I am narrow hipped and wouldn't mind a little more 'on the side'.
Anyway -....THAT is quite an interesting site... Build that booty everyone!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 30, 2013 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Cora wrote:

Lol @ that site. I especially enjoyed the "Move Bitch Curl Kicks". That cracked me up.

I don't even know what that is.

sister sweets wrote:
How did I miss that Cora? Darn! Laughing I did make it to the exercises that are intended to work the top, bottom and/or sides of your butt. I am narrow hipped and wouldn't mind a little more 'on the side'.
Anyway -....THAT is quite an interesting site... Build that booty everyone!!!!

Like you sister sweets I have just read the article and then moved on to the exercises. Now Cora's got me intrigued....

Is that in a video Cora? I have little patience for the videos so never play or watch them and I scroll fast past the active GIFs as if they might bite. Laughing
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 30, 2013 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
No, it's not in the video, the "Move Bitch Curl Kicks" (I like to say the whole name Laughing ) is the next to last exercise on the side booty page.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |