Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Stubborn fat on inner and outer thighs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I bought Super Callanetics since it has Abs, Legs and butt/hips .. I'll do it in sections. I remember all of the exercises you mention Nonie and agree they do make you sweat and I remember once you get the positioning right ---all bets are off. The exercises Work. I recall the pelvic ones on the knees are killer when don'e right.

I'm off to look at the waist whittler and other recs.
Wow - thanks everyone.

You go Girl! Super Callanetics eh? You sure aren't joking around! I have seen the workout and it's hardcore. I end up cussing in tongues unheard on earth from just 20 minutes of legs or abs so I take my hat off to all you full program chicks (and guys) and I bow down to the Super Callanetics freaks. Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie I was thinking of you when I did the dvd tonight - cussing in tongues Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Nonie I was thinking of you when I did the dvd tonight - cussing in tongues Laughing

Who...me? Don't know whatchutawkin'bout. Image
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
FAT BURNING FORMULA FOR THIGHS

Research shows that thigh fat is less metabolically active than fat on other parts of the body. To burn fat in this stubborn area, your body needs a metabolic boost.

Try increasing your metabolism to burn fat stores in your thighs with:

*1000mg calcium pyruvate before each meal
*Swap all meat for meat substitutes

Pyruvic acid is found naturally in the body, helps convert sugar and starches into energy, and has been shown to boost metabolism. However, to actually help burn thigh fat, you need more pyruvic acid than the body can provide. A calcium pyruvate supplement combines pyruvic acid and calcium to aid weight loss by working to minimize fat storage in areas like your thighs. Take 1000mg of calcium pyruvate before each meal for 1 week. 

Animal fat has a high-saturated fat content that can get stored in your thighs. Don’t eat meat for 1 week. Instead, choose protein from plant sources: veggie burgers, soy hot dogs and tofu bacon.

Taken from Dr Oz's Fat Busters For Your Biggest Problem Areas: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/fat-busters-your-problem-areas?page=3#copy
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I know a couple of vegetarians who have fat thighs. Laughing I have always had thin thighs whether I ate meat or soy or candy. I'd like to build them up.

You can't spot reduce. You are genetically programmed as to where you store fat in your body. The last place you gain extra fat is the first place you will lose it. The "last hired, first fired" theory of fat loss!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Anyone try cool sculpting?? It cools fat cells to a cold temp until they get dissolved in your body as waste. You won't gain the fat back to the area once you've done this treatment!

http://www.coolsculpting.com/#sthash.rO1fjJi8.dpbs

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:39 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
Anyone try cool sculpting?? It cools fat cells to a cold temp until they get dissolved in your body as waste. You won't gain the fat back to the area once you've done this treatment!

http://www.coolsculpting.com/#sthash.rO1fjJi8.dpbs

BCgirl is coolsculpting now FDA approved for thighs? I seem to recall it was only approved for abs and love handles.

Dr Oz had a segment showing how it's done for anyone interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSGbSZqqys0

There's also a clip that actually shows you immediate results at this link that I looked up to see if there was any info on thighs. Seems some docs do recommend it, some say it's not approved or not necessarily effective on thighs: http://www.realself.com/question/coolsculping-work-thighs

I must admit that as much as I hate exercising, I am more inclined to pick working out over these other easy methods. Just something about the satisfaction of achieving results from hard work makes me feel really good about the accomplishments. Plus exercise doesn't just get rid of fat, it strengthens and conditions the body and improves circulation as well as reduces stress. Way more benefits than the quickies, I say!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:54 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I know a couple of vegetarians who have fat thighs. Laughing I have always had thin thighs whether I ate meat or soy or candy. I'd like to build them up.

You can't spot reduce. You are genetically programmed as to where you store fat in your body. The last place you gain extra fat is the first place you will lose it. The "last hired, first fired" theory of fat loss!

SoftSkin you seem to equate "reducing" with "burning fat". What about the fact that body sculpting means you can REDUCE areas you want to reduce IN SIZE and not those you don't want to by SELECTIVE EXERCISES aka SHAPE TRAINING. Wouldn't that be considered "spot reducing" too? I mean, what would you call what I did below, where only two spots got reduced (waist and thighs)?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I can't see much of a difference. A bikini or solid colored leotard (wearing the same one in both photos) would have been better, in my opinion. If you are happy with the results, that is all that matters.

With the CoolSculpt, you'd still have the same problem of liposuction because, while the fat cells in that area are destroyed, next time you eat more than you burn, you could wind up with a double chin or fat upper arms or... Unless you are diligent with diet afterwards to maintain a stable weight.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't see much of a difference. A bikini or solid colored leotard (wearing the same one in both photos) would have been better, in my opinion. If you are happy with the results, that is all that matters.

Really? You don't see a difference? Well, my waist was about 28 inches in the first photo and was 25.5 inches in the second photo. I am wearing the same top in both photos

Here are some lines along my sides and you can see that in the first set of pics the red lines highlight a boxy shape in the first pic while in the one below it the red lines show a nipped waist--hips didn't change in size; waist did. And again the the curved white line in the top pic is closer to the vertical that is at hips width in the first pic but it curves inward and further from the hip width in the second pic. My hips didn't change in size and the vertical lines are actually the same line continued from the top pic to the bottom one:

And here's the second photo enlarged so you can see that my inner thighs are tighter creating a gap I didn't have in the first photo (this always happens when my waist gets small):

You asked for photos in a leotard so here goes before and after in leotards and the side views of the same dimensions in jeans and a fitting top:

And thanks to spot reduction (aka shape training), no one would ever guess, looking at me today

...that my natural shape is very similar to Sherri Shepherd's:

In fact, unlike Sherri who didn't look like a cone when she was overweight, my cone shape was evident even when I was overweight:

And even when I first lost weight, I still looked wider up top than below:

But by the end of 2004, I had changed that look to this:

A long time ago I owned a book by Denise Austin called Hit the Spot in which you could pick and choose what exercises to do depending on your sculpting goals. So clearly the idea of spot reduction has been around and working for folks long before 2004/2005 when I accomplished my goal of transforming my body from a cone to an hourglass. So don't believe the rumor that it cannot be done.

And spot reduction is not the same thing as burning or losing fat. If you can reduce the size of one part of your body relative to another, then you've spot reduced. So if when losing weight you do targeted weight-training to bulk up areas you want to keep large so that only those you want small continue reducing in size, IMO you're spot reducing.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
^^^ yes you can do coolsculpting to the inner thighs

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Woooooowee!!

Nonie shut down all doubt with plenty of receipts!! Laughing

Looking lovely, Nonie! You are an inspiration! *Claps*
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Wow great results Nonie! I just purchased 3 videos and was wondering how well these exercises work for tightening? I really want to reshape my legs!
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I have done 11 sessions of "10 days 10 years younger" since July 13 and I can attest that it will tighten up your legs, your butt, your stomach. My legs used to tremble for a while after I finished the session. I think it was the 'big squeeze' at the end.

I especially like how she makes you stretch out your thigh muscles so that they get longer not bulkier.

The pelvic thrusts are a whole lotta work! Can't move that bottom in circular motions like I could when I was a whole lot younger.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
I have done 11 sessions of "10 days 10 years younger" since July 13 and I can attest that it will tighten up your legs, your butt, your stomach. My legs used to tremble for a while after I finished the session. I think it was the 'big squeeze' at the end.

I especially like how she makes you stretch out your thigh muscles so that they get longer not bulkier.

The pelvic thrusts are a whole lotta work! Can't move that bottom in circular motions like I could when I was a whole lot younger.

Thanks for your response! Before this forum discussion I have never heard of Callanetics. You mentioned that you used "10 days 10 years younger", the one I purchased is the "Quick Callanetics: Stomach, Legs, Hips & Behind" is that similar to the "10 days 10 years younger"? There were a few different videos on ebay and I was wasn't sure what to purchase.TIA!
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD, I just wanted to thank you for posting the info on Tracey's waist exercise. I have wanted to find a spot reducing exercise and have tried various things over past months with little noticeable change. I started it a couple of weeks ago, 3 x week, and have noticed a definite firming up - I have now added in some stomach crunches and am firming up all round and feel slimmer (although haven't measured yet). But even if I haven't lost much, having firmness instead of flabbiness makes a huge difference - bikinis, here I come.... Very Happy
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Tyger wrote:
Nonie aka AD, I just wanted to thank you for posting the info on Tracey's waist exercise. I have wanted to find a spot reducing exercise and have tried various things over past months with little noticeable change. I started it a couple of weeks ago, 3 x week, and have noticed a definite firming up - I have now added in some stomach crunches and am firming up all round and feel slimmer (although haven't measured yet). But even if I haven't lost much, having firmness instead of flabbiness makes a huge difference - bikinis, here I come.... Very Happy

Tyger, hate to be the bearer of bad news but crunches will undo the progress you have achieved with the waist whittler. Crunches give you a boxy torso which is why many people with very defined abs tend to not have a nipped waist. If I were you, I would do Yoga or Quick Callanetics Stomach. I think tensing the abs--which is necessary when crunching in order to not build a protruding belly--is to blame for the wide waist. Callanetics stomach specifically tells you not to tense your abs and yet in its magical way, works so deeply and pulls in and flattens your abs without widening your waist.
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:

Tyger, hate to be the bearer of bad news but crunches will undo the progress you have achieved with the waist whittler. Crunches give you a boxy torso which is why many people with very defined abs tend to not have a nipped waist. If I were you, I would do Yoga or Quick Callanetics Stomach. I think tensing the abs--which is necessary when crunching in order to not build a protruding belly--is to blame for the wide waist. Callanetics stomach specifically tells you not to tense your abs and yet in its magical way, works so deeply and pulls in and flattens your abs without widening your waist.

Nonie aka AD - Thanks so very much for your advice - in fact I am doing something similar/same as the Callanetics stomach exercise, lifting up just a short way, not tensing my abs etc. (I think I just called it by the wrong name Embarassed as I am not into floor exercises much these days). But I will double-check it though, as I don't want to undo my progress thus far!

I was always puzzled why young women with defined abs had no waist - you've just explained it! I am an 'apple' so most fat/cellulite goes to my waist - I have basically an hourglass shape, but even more defined when my waist is slimmer - and the bottom of my rib cage is becoming well defined again - so whatever I've been doing, it is working Smile !
Lynxette
5% products discount

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say thank you, Nonie, you're an inspiration. I've been doing some intense muscle training which did shape my body and really strenghtened my back muscles. Also gave me a big, but pretty firm butt, and I'm fine with that. After seeing your pictures I took out my old Callanetics tapes and started doing the exercises again. I can do some of them easier than before cause the muscles in my legs are quite strong now. I could feel and see an effect after 2 one hour sessions! My muscles training bulks me up, and Callanetics slims and softens my figure. I'll keep it up and will post how things turn out.
Thanks again.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:19 am      Reply with quote
It sounds like I need to find that callentics stomach exercise. I definitely need to define my waist and the crunches don't do it. The explanation makes sense!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:15 am      Reply with quote
So, if I wanted to try Callanetics, which DVDs do people recommend purchasing?

So I think I would get the "Quick Callanetics legs" and "Quick Callanetics hips and behind", but which other Callanetics DVDs are worth getting? Can someone with experience with the Callanetics DVDs give me some advice on which ones are worth getting for the legs and thighs area?

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:31 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
So, if I wanted to try Callanetics, which DVDs do people recommend purchasing?

So I think I would get the "Quick Callanetics legs" and "Quick Callanetics hips and behind", but which other Callanetics DVDs are worth getting? Can someone with experience with the Callanetics DVDs give me some advice on which ones are worth getting for the legs and thighs area?

Thanks!

If legs/thighs are all you want to tighten, then Quick Callanetics Legs will suffice. All you need to know is Callanetics makes your body svelte so if you want to tighten everything, then you get the full body workouts like 10 in 10. I personally do not want a smaller butt or smaller hips so the Hips and Behind would not work for me. Of course you could get one of the full workouts and just pick and choose the body parts you want to work--which is what I did initially after realizing that doing the whole program was magnifying my cone shape and that the leg exercises were the one thing from the workout that was helping me toward my goal. I already had other body specific exercises for other areas that I had memorized from magazines, other workouts...so I only needed the leg exercises from Callanetics. It was only years later that I learned about QCL and got it. Which was just as well as I learned that I had only been doing my favorite leg exercises and not all of them so it was nice to have the full leg workout. I also got QCStomach because having tight abs is something I would like and I love that Callan had a flat tummy without the boxy torso you see in other athletic bodies.

Someone with a pear shape who wants to make hips and butt smaller and thus look more hourglass may benefit from the Hips and Behind. But if shape training isn't really your thing or you are happy with your shape and just want a lean, long body like that of a dancer than any of the full programs would be a great buy. You can see the 7 workouts by Callan at the bottom of the page linked to below: the last 3 are self-explanatory, while the 4 before them are the full workouts:
http://www.callanetics.com/products.php

There are other Callanetics programs not by Callan like the first two on that page or South African Callanetics which are probably good too but I personally prefer the originals. One thing I noticed in the SA Callanetics is for the ab workout, you are asked to hold your tummy in. But that isn't a requirement in QCStomach by Callan. In fact she clearly tells you not to, and I believe her technique is why you keep a nipped waist even as your tummy flattens.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:

Totally agree!!! I've been using my dvd faithfully and it works. My legs used to tremble also - you know it's working. And the pelvic rotations - the whole section is a killer - It has changed my inner and outer things in such a nice way. Very firm and more sleek. Love it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a Callanetics believer too! I've done them on and off since the 80s. I've been doing the original program (this time) for about 3 weeks, still building up to an hour since I was quite out of shape. Still am, but things are improving.

I haven't added in the pelvic scoops or circles yet, and won't until my legs are strong enough. They're just not strong enough right now!

I love Callanetics - it's the only program that ever worked for me. In 3 weeks I've seen a significant difference in my legs and hips, the butt is coming along (but still needs A LOT of work) and my stomach is starting to pull in a little, finally. When you first start the program, it will poke out more - or appear to, because your hips have pulled in and become narrower.

Great pics, Nonie!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Great post Immaculata - Very helpful for the newbie.

And Nonie Rocks

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |