Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stubborn fat on inner and outer thighs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I have this one http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Callanetics-Official-Callan-Pinckney/dp/B00BD6JX8U/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1380479786&sr=8-8&keywords=dvd+callanetics& covers all 3 "quick" DVD's for a nice price!

Also have the Callanetics Evolution & really like that one as well. To me is much easier on the back/neck for the hips & butt exercises!

Been a bit slack lately but thanks to this thread have done 3 sessions this wk!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, especially to Nonie, but also to everyone else who responded! I really appreciate all the insights.

So, Nonie, it sounds like you definitely prefer the older Callentics, and that the 2 newer DVDs are a "pass". Do other people have similar experiences?

Also, I have one more question:

Should I get the Beginner's workout first? Just wondering how helpful it is to use the Beginner's DVD first, and whether I am missing anything if I don't purchase it.

Thanks Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
When I first started, I had the 10 years in 10 hours tape. Not sure if it had beginner's on it, but it did have an advanced section. Also a daily maintenance workout. But the basic exercises have served me well and at this point I'm not interested in any new "routines" since I've developed my own.

So, I would start with the first one. Here it is on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Callanetics-Official-DVD-Callan-Pinckney/dp/B00B835Y36/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1380498292&sr=1-1&keywords=Callanetics

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Thank you so much, especially to Nonie, but also to everyone else who responded! I really appreciate all the insights.

So, Nonie, it sounds like you definitely prefer the older Callentics, and that the 2 newer DVDs are a "pass". Do other people have similar experiences?

Also, I have one more question:

Should I get the Beginner's workout first? Just wondering how helpful it is to use the Beginner's DVD first, and whether I am missing anything if I don't purchase it.

Thanks Smile

I would get the original Callanetics workout - you can do what you are able to do and build and add from there. You won't need to purchase a second dvd to add on. This one is great. It is from the 80's but helped me get in shape after my first two babies - it is really amazing how quickly it works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I don't have a lot of time so I am wondering if anyone has used the Quick Callentics and had good results?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BD6JX8U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A89DTQ908P54G
It looked like it might be a good add-on for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Reading the reviews, it looks like all the exercises in the Quick Callanetics are the same as on the 10 years younger CD. You might as well get the original program.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, Immacolata and Sister Sweets!! This is very helpful Smile

5% products discount

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
Quote:
FAT BURNING FORMULA FOR THIGHS

Research shows that thigh fat is less metabolically active than fat on other parts of the body. To burn fat in this stubborn area, your body needs a metabolic boost.

Try increasing your metabolism to burn fat stores in your thighs with:

*1000mg calcium pyruvate before each meal
*Swap all meat for meat substitutes

Pyruvic acid is found naturally in the body, helps convert sugar and starches into energy, and has been shown to boost metabolism. However, to actually help burn thigh fat, you need more pyruvic acid than the body can provide. A calcium pyruvate supplement combines pyruvic acid and calcium to aid weight loss by working to minimize fat storage in areas like your thighs. Take 1000mg of calcium pyruvate before each meal for 1 week. 

Animal fat has a high-saturated fat content that can get stored in your thighs. Don’t eat meat for 1 week. Instead, choose protein from plant sources: veggie burgers, soy hot dogs and tofu bacon.

Taken from Dr Oz's Fat Busters For Your Biggest Problem Areas:

Hello Noni!
Did the calcium pyruvate work for you? Have you had any side effects. It sound quite natural... and I would definitely like to try if there is merit in it?
How are the long-term effects?
Does one need to take it ongoing - for just for a short spell on/off?
THANK YOU ALL FOR THESE GREAT IDEAS!
MaxineDanko

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:14 am      Reply with quote
That's really great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:43 am      Reply with quote
The supplement did work for me along with my workout. I have been taking 1000mg for about 4 months. I lost at least an inch, maybe more, so far on my thighs.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Annie! I'm going to try this.

I was also reading about Callanetics further up the thread and noticed that their website offers unlimited streaming of their entire library:

https://www.callanetics.tv

There are mobile apps available also....
adward_evans

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:30 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Nonie,
Thanks for sharing your tips.
I just have to say... you have such a beautiful figure!
WOW, something to aspire to! Smile

Thanks for sharing.I like your tips
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |