Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stubborn fat on inner and outer thighs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I dont know anything about this. I'm posting to suggest that you also ask this question over at MAkeUpAlley fitness board. The women there are super helpful and knowledgeable.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
whitneymariah I am the queen of thunder thighs. When I was overweight and size 14/16 (which doesn't sound like much but for a 5' 2" squirt like me, I looked like Humpty Dumpty), my thighs used to rub so much from walking I'd bruise so badly I'd have liquid seeping out of raw wounds. I have been size 4/6 since 1991 but even after losing weight, my thighs continued to rub and the inner thighs got really dark. And I have proof: only a handful of all the pants I own don't have holes on the inside of the thighs from friction. I still wear the religious pants (holy pants, get it? Laughing) because you can't see the holes since my thighs make certain of that. Besides, what's the point of buying new pants only to have them get holy after a few wears. You get the picture.

Anyway, I hate working out. I did work out to lose weight and changed my lifestyle to maintain the weight loss but since my new lifestyle makes it easy to maintain my weight, I get complacent and go for months without really working out. Embarassed That means I'm pretty flabby and yes, I am 10-15 lbs heavier than my ideal weight but still the same size in clothes and you wouldn't really call me fat if you saw me.

Anyway, all my life, having a gap seemed a dream that was out of reach until I discovered the leg workout in Callanetics. I have done so many other inner thigh workouts in my life and while they did firm inner thighs, they didn't tighten them. Callanetics was the first program to actually prove to me that a gap was possible even for me. I just have allowed my laziness to get the better of me which is why I have more holy than not. But every time I get on a Callanetics regimen, I always end up with a hint of a gap.

I'm sure if I stuck with it, I'd get a permanent gap. I am hoping this is the year I don't drop the ball....

Here are more examples of the results Callanetics gives that can be found online:

These results IIRC are from a month of Callanetics:

I no longer own the full body Callanetic programs because there are parts of my body I don't want made smaller--and Callanetics tightens everything. But I do own Quick Callanetics Legs and Quick Callanetics Stomach. You can learn more about Callanetics here: http://www.callanetics.com/

Sadly, Callan Pinckney, to whom we owe our gratitude for creating this wonderful program, died in March last year at the age of 72. Here's a glimpse into some of the movements of this wonderful program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqe6o1nzPY
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
You sounds like a pear shape, which is why your body is programmed to deposit fat on your thighs instead of your abs, like an apple shape would get.

Lipo is the only thing to get rid of it. There is no such thing as spot reducing. You can reshape the muscles underneath or diet away the fat.

You could try Tracy Anderson's DVDs. People on the videofitness.com forum swear by them. Maybe first look at youtube to see if you can spot a couple of her workouts for free.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Callanetics years ago and found it terribly boring. I prefer Margaret Richard's DVDs. She's been exercising on PBS TV for over twenty-five years. Her workouts gave me better results than using heavier weights.

The two workouts on the home page are a DVD version of two very old tape workouts that she just discovered and is re-issuing. Go to her Store -- there are lots of DVDs from the past up until the present and you can watch clips.
http://www.bodyelectrictv.com//

Everyone has to find what works for them.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
ha! Very Happy

I'm posting here while I take a little breather, almost at the end of my first attempt - this time round - at the callanetics workout. I'm doing 10 in 10.

phew!

I love it! And its hard.

Deep stretching going on, feels intensely relaxing to me, I feel more lengthened already, and I havent even quite finished the first hour.

I have taken regular breathers though, its too fast/hard for me on this the first attempt to do it straight through at the dvd speed.I'm a wimp. I do pilates and cycling and some weights, but... yeah, this is challenging me.

I would LOVE to be proficient at doing this workout, it is brilliant.

Thanks, Nonie, for the inspiration.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Big up Nonie! thanks so much for sharing your awesomeeee pictures. What a great body you have.

*digs out Callenetics videos*

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Ps I forgot to mention.. your photo's are great and your body is gorgeously shaped! Congrats!
Anubii

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Woooooowee!!

Nonie shut down all doubt with plenty of receipts!! Laughing

Looking lovely, Nonie! You are an inspiration! *Claps*
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Wow great results Nonie! I just purchased 3 videos and was wondering how well these exercises work for tightening? I really want to reshape my legs!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:31 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
So, if I wanted to try Callanetics, which DVDs do people recommend purchasing?

So I think I would get the "Quick Callanetics legs" and "Quick Callanetics hips and behind", but which other Callanetics DVDs are worth getting? Can someone with experience with the Callanetics DVDs give me some advice on which ones are worth getting for the legs and thighs area?

Thanks!

If legs/thighs are all you want to tighten, then Quick Callanetics Legs will suffice. All you need to know is Callanetics makes your body svelte so if you want to tighten everything, then you get the full body workouts like 10 in 10. I personally do not want a smaller butt or smaller hips so the Hips and Behind would not work for me. Of course you could get one of the full workouts and just pick and choose the body parts you want to work--which is what I did initially after realizing that doing the whole program was magnifying my cone shape and that the leg exercises were the one thing from the workout that was helping me toward my goal. I already had other body specific exercises for other areas that I had memorized from magazines, other workouts...so I only needed the leg exercises from Callanetics. It was only years later that I learned about QCL and got it. Which was just as well as I learned that I had only been doing my favorite leg exercises and not all of them so it was nice to have the full leg workout. I also got QCStomach because having tight abs is something I would like and I love that Callan had a flat tummy without the boxy torso you see in other athletic bodies.

Someone with a pear shape who wants to make hips and butt smaller and thus look more hourglass may benefit from the Hips and Behind. But if shape training isn't really your thing or you are happy with your shape and just want a lean, long body like that of a dancer than any of the full programs would be a great buy. You can see the 7 workouts by Callan at the bottom of the page linked to below: the last 3 are self-explanatory, while the 4 before them are the full workouts:
http://www.callanetics.com/products.php

There are other Callanetics programs not by Callan like the first two on that page or South African Callanetics which are probably good too but I personally prefer the originals. One thing I noticed in the SA Callanetics is for the ab workout, you are asked to hold your tummy in. But that isn't a requirement in QCStomach by Callan. In fact she clearly tells you not to, and I believe her technique is why you keep a nipped waist even as your tummy flattens.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a Callanetics believer too! I've done them on and off since the 80s. I've been doing the original program (this time) for about 3 weeks, still building up to an hour since I was quite out of shape. Still am, but things are improving.

I haven't added in the pelvic scoops or circles yet, and won't until my legs are strong enough. They're just not strong enough right now!

I love Callanetics - it's the only program that ever worked for me. In 3 weeks I've seen a significant difference in my legs and hips, the butt is coming along (but still needs A LOT of work) and my stomach is starting to pull in a little, finally. When you first start the program, it will poke out more - or appear to, because your hips have pulled in and become narrower.

Great pics, Nonie!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Great post Immaculata - Very helpful for the newbie.

And Nonie Rocks

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |