Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
If you had known..what product would you have used earlier?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I soak my feet in a bath of apple cider vinegar diluted with water - about 30 min to an hour. Then I buff my feet - and the skin just rolls off. I used to by expensive foot creams and pedicure tools - since finding the ACV, I don't need them anymore.

I use the coconut oil as a mask for deep conditioning once a week.

I am amazed at how nature's products have been manmade hands down!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I soak my feet in a bath of apple cider vinegar diluted with water - about 30 min to an hour. Then I buff my feet - and the skin just rolls off. I used to by expensive foot creams and pedicure tools - since finding the ACV, I don't need them anymore.

what is the dilution ratio of vinegar to water?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely sunscreen--so glad I didn't enjoy laying out when I was younger! But I got some horrible sunburns as a kid on vacation in Florida. It hurt to bend my knees!

So a good high PPD sunscreen would have been great if it had existed at that time.

Also, my mom just found out she has the beginning of cataracts. She found out that not all sunglasses block both UVA and UVB, most aren't dark enough, and the small frames don't provide enough protection. So since inadequate sunglasses is her regret, that is something I'm going to make sure to avoid.
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
sunscreen lotion and eye cream...
turkey1022
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I don't like to wear sunscreen because I'm so lazy to use makeup remover every night, although I definitely know how harmful UV is. After reading the posts, I think I should start to use it now.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
vit c serum and mild strength BHA and AHA lotions
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Yes - like to know the dilution ratio - Thanks.
lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
If I had known about the NaturDerm products, I could have saved myself probably into the thousands! No other product line has made such a difference in my skin, or my appearance. These products took easy 15 years off of my face and neck. I look at pictures and can't believe that in my 50's my skin looks better than when I was in my 30's. I like that it is a smart skin care line, natural and organic, silicone free and the products multi task, and are concentrated. Everything is anti aging pH so there are no toners. It is so fast, it takes me maybe 2 minutes twice a day. It is hard to say what my favorite is, I can't do without the Epidermx II, but I love the Triple Lavender Face Foam and the Chrysalyx smells so incredible, and leaves my face glowy and tight, which I love because it was starting to sag! I have noticed lines that were around my eyes and mouth are flattening since I started to use the Naturdermx non botox. I like that they use the pure AH3 instead of the paraben loaded Argireline. EDS has them orwww.greatnewskin.com
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
barefootgirl, hv you tried to apply the diluted vinegar to face? my friend told me that she also use vinegar on her foot for peeling and she hv tried to apply on her face once and the effect is same as the facial scrub and not irritated!
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I suggest everyone use sunscreen products as earlier as possible, since these products are very very essential in our life.
With sunscreen, our skin may suffer sun shine for whole day long, therefore wrinkles, spots would come to our face when we are so young...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen; Retin-A; Emu Oil; Tamanu Oil

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen + ReVive products + Facial Exercises

Recently after doing the wonderful Ageless program for 2 months, it probably makes me look 3-5
years younger... Smile
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
eye cream.i start to use eye cream when the first fine line appeared,but it's too late.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
cait2k3 wrote:
oh yes..sunblock is my friend. i'm a natural red head. not bright red..more like redish brown..but i have the sensitive, semi freckly, burns quite easy skin so i've always been a fan of sunblock. although last year i moved to los angeles for college and i've never felt so self consious about my pale skin! i started going to a tanning bed every other day for about 2 months and got my skin to a normal persons color (nothing you would call tan but i didnt feel as self consious). i always put a lot of lotion on right after that so it wouldnt dry out, and i never peeled at all last year..but i suppose i'm still doing damage. i can get away with being pale during the winter months because everyone else is..but during the summer i just want to feel okay in shorts! do you think a month (every other day) at a tanning salon will do a lot of damage? or is it more like 5 months outside in the sun with baby oil that will really do damage? i know i'm more prone to skin cancer..but cmon..los angeles..theres not another city in this country where people make such a deal about tan skin! thanks a lot for your reply..so what do you think, am i okay with a month at the salon or should i just give it up?

Your response reminded me of another "if I knew then what I know now" kind of moment...I wish that when I was in college, I loved my looks as much as I do now! I was *so* concerned with having a tan in high school and college (I wanted to be Heather Locklear Sad ) - Needless to say, it never happened - I am of Irish background - naturally dark hair (that I tried to bleach for years) with blue eyes and milk bottle skin!! I encourage you to ditch the suntan studio and just be a glorious, unique, kinda freckly redhead!! Never mind the L.A.look....three cheers for the Cait look, rather the "Cait in LA look!"
Pudoodles Very Happy

Oh yes, she should quit tanning. Pale skin on a redhed is beautiful and unique. Learn to love who you are Cait!

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
i will use the sun block 15 years earlier.i bought my first cream with 15spf when i was 25.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
You do not have the use of advanced products, only the necessary and basic moisturizing sunscreen can be a

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
sun protection! sunblock, hats, umbrella etc
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Prevage eye cream (finally, a cream I can apply all over my eyes) and I would not have foregone sunscreen that one summer for an SPF 15 tinted moisturizer--big mistake. So, I guess add my DDF Photo Age spf 30 to that list, too!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
LUMIGAN!!!!

kidding!
Sunscreen with high SPF/PPD. All we had was the PABA crap growing up and it burned and produced rashes in me so I avoided it like the plague. I did wear a thick coat of Pancake (remember that?) though which may have saved me from the California sun somewhat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen and a hat for my entire life. Vitamin C years and years ago. Retin-A earlier in my 30's.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Most definitely SUNCREEN from an early age (and never started smoking!) and last but not least I would have started using retin-a from 30 onward...I would've had a very nice head start on this aging thing.. But, hindsight is 20/20 and luckily I am still at an age where I can ward off any more damage and I don't have any wrinkles yet....wish I could say the same for the droopies! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
sunscreen as well as the olive oil....it's so surprised to me that olive oil really improve my oily skin~
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
If I had known I definitely would've started eyecream at 18.But in fact I start to use it at 22,I think it is too later.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Rejuvenating Mask of Dr. Hauschka.
Pan
5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sun protection, sunscreen I only start it when i see my skin getting bad I'm so regret Sad not using it early.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |