Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
help: ugly, dry feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I'll admit it, I have ugly, dry feet (am I the only one?).
I can't seem to get into the habit of putting lotion on them before bed (and then I worry about oily sheets) Exclamation
Does anyone have any great product recommendation or an easy home-made solution? My toe nails are looking a bit rough also, dry, dry, dry. I'm not a pedicure gal. Just can't find the time, so an at-home treatment suggestion would be great. I'm in a warm climate and it's almost open shoe season. Thanks everyone, Joani
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Use olive oil for the dryness. I just rub it right in and use socks....but that can lead to greasy sheets.

I wonder if you'd get similar results if you use an oil spray or soak in an olive oil/water mixture?

I also like avon's foot works products. Their lotions are non greasy so I can use it in the daytime as well. The foot soak is nice too...feels moisturizing afterwards, but is a light treatment...that alone wouldn't be enough.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I love L'Occitane foot cream and foot scrub.

I normally have a bath, smoother my feet in the cream put on socks and go to bed...In the morning feet are soft as silk!

Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Here's what I like to do to make sure that my feet are super smooth and moisturised as well.

In the evening, have a long bath (or foot soak) and use a pumice scrub on your feet. After your feet have soaked long enough, dry them off and use one of those Tweezerman (or similar, I've found the Tweezerman to be great) foot files that looks like a mini-grater. After you're done, slather vaseline (or something equally rich) all over your feet, wrap them in glad wrap, put on some socks and head off to bed (carefully! it's hard to walk in glad wrapped feet!). Wake up in the morning and use the foot file again on the softened skin. Voila! This has always worked well for me whenever I have neglected my feet. I'm pretty good these days, mainly because I have a whole range of foot creams lined up by my bed that I need to finish off Embarassed
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
I'm having an image of myself with glad wrap in my feet Laughing Laughing flying on the tile floor of my bathroom. Husband, "is something wrong in there? no honey it's just a new beauty procedure I'm trying...now you just go back to sleep" Laughing
Of course I'm going to try it thought. It sounds great. How can your feet not be smooth after that! I have also been wondering about that Tweezerman foot file. Now I have an excuse to go out an purchase one. Thanks for all of the great tips! Joani
Stretch
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Try Diamancel foot files. They are incredibly effecient. They are a bit pricey, but you will never have to buy another (and you will never want to!!)
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion the Dimancel is better than the tweezerman.
schatze
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here, but I actually may be able to offer a remedy. A tube of Kerasal from the drug store will help. I had a hard, rough bit of skin on my tailbone, the result of a blister I got on a canoe trip. That sucker was there for years and wouldn't soften no matter what I put on it. Kerasal did the trick and quickly. Next canoe trip, I bring a cushion. Laughing
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
schatze, welcome and thanks for the tip. Isn't Kerasal quite inexpensive? Now that is a good recommendation!
Also gals, I've heard about the Dimancel files but thought they were expensive? I'll check them out locally. I could be thinking of another item. joani
schatze
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Kerasal is reasonably priced. For feet, I would put socks over it, it is pretty greasy.
Stretch
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have the #11 and #20 foot files and I have a nail file making its way to me now. Here is a link so that you can check them out.

http://www.blissworld.com/shop/for/bodycare/feet/

I bought both of my files off of ebay and was able to get them for a little less, but you have to watch for them because they usually don't have very many up for auction.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
My heels are really dry, it's gross! Before I turned 30 though, I had not one problem with my feet, never used a pumice or 'grater' on them, never had to, just light exfoliation and Gehwol cream. I'm eagerly reading this thread, have no advise or help, except that I hope you have good luck getting rid of it too!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:42 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Burt's bees for a while now and it has worked well at keeping my feet smooth.

schatze-Thanks for the suggestion about the Kerasal. I'm always looking for something new to try and will add this to my list. Smile

Stephanie
Mabsy

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Looks like I'm going to have to give Dimancel a try then! Geez, it seems like I can never login to EDS without logging off with something additional on my "to try" list Rolling Eyes
Mabsy

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Looks like I'm going to have to give Dimancel a try then! Geez, it seems like I can never login to EDS without logging off with something additional on my "to try" list Rolling Eyes

I take that back, I just saw the price! Speak to the hand Shock
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Diamancle is worth its weight in gold!...can use it any time(on dry feet)...and then put some heavy cream(i use burts bees coconut foot cream)...put on socks.Done.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Mabsy, you have to get one of these...they are like the Cellcosmet Eye Cream of footfiles. Laughing They really are awesome. you can do your feet in a third of the time it takes with a normal file and it does the best job of anything that I have ever tried! It will be the last foot file that you ever purchase.

liz
Mabsy

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:37 am      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
Oh Mabsy, you have to get one of these...they are like the Cellcosmet Eye Cream of footfiles. Laughing They really are awesome. you can do your feet in a third of the time it takes with a normal file and it does the best job of anything that I have ever tried! It will be the last foot file that you ever purchase.

Well, that comparison makes it more tempting. Still.... that's a lot of $! I'll have to sleep on this one... Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
So I've been avidly reading all of the advice on this thread. First, I was all set to go buy a Tweezerman foot file/rasp based on Mabsy's recommendation (actually, I got my first foot rasp thanks to Mabsy, an el cheapo version from Sallys Beauty which did a great job but the handle broke off of it...) I'd seen foot rasps before but I was always a little afraid of them, but since the pumice stones were useless I decided to give it a shot -- couldn't believe the difference it made in scuffing off all that nasty dead skin!!!...then I saw the talk about the Diamancel file and was all set to go off and buy one when I went to the Beauty Store during my lunch hour today to pick up my Pureology shampoo/conditioner -- until I saw the price. Great hopping fleas!!!! $120USD for a foot rasp???? Geez, I don't think even I could justify something like that (says the woman who happily paid $36USD for Gatineau lip balm/cream!!!), I don't care how long it lasts...although I might change my mind if the handle breaks off my new el cheapo foot file again!!

Anyway, while I was at the store I found a "Luxor Professional Diamond Pedicure Wand" for $7.99 -- I zeroed in on the word "diamond," figuring it could be a poor man's version of the Diamancel. I'm probably completely wrong and they have nothing in common, but at least it made my pocketbook happier than dropping $120 in order to have smooth feet!!

So what makes the Diamancel so special anyway to justify that kind of price tag??
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
man!!! Remind me not to go shopping where you went!! $120?? Shock I have two of the diamancel foot files and I think I paid $80 total for them. All of their foot files that I looked at are between $30 and $50USD.

The files are just really efficient and last forever. I have used other files and my arm would start hurting before I would finish one foot. These files take about a third of the time. They also last forever and can be easily cleaned.

Liz
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I realized that just now when I was reading the MUA reviews (which are very high, I might add!). Now less than 50 bucks is a different kettle of fish altogether....
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just love the expression of carekate, "Great hopping fleas!!!!" I'm still laughing Laughing

I guess it's time to buy a Diamancel.

I love having found this forum with junkies that are worse than I am (which I didn't think was possible Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation )
BUT, I already know I'm going to go broke (with smooth feet thought!).

It's sort of like when I first found eBay Wink Joani
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
It's sort of like when I first found eBay Joani

LOL...I can relate. Very Happy Although I haven't tried the Diamancel (of course, now I want to Shock ) I have been using the Tweezerman for quite a while and have been happy with my results.

Stephanie
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, the best product I have used for feet is Pedikur. Its German and you put cotton wool over your feet, pour on the lotion, cover in cling film or some kind of plastic bag and leave for 10 to 20 minutes. Trust me, after this time, you can scrape the dead skin off your feet like butter out of a pack. It truly is amazing. You can also get a Pedikur herbal foot cream which you use afterwards. Its like discovering a new pair of soles..... Shock
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Diamanl\cle at luxbeauty.com...they are the cheapest...as they charge the same no of dollars but in Canadian dollars and the international shipping was reasonable too. I have #11. HTH
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |