Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help: ugly, dry feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qichunyan711
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I like this post.My feet is very dry.It is time to get it better.Moisture Therapy Socks,I like it. Very Happy
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Try parrafin wax treatment and foot massage. I love it since my heels get quite dry and cracked. Since I've been getting this done I said goodbye to dry feet and hello to open toe shoes.
tish
5% products discount

Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Skin brushing, pedi-egg followed by a good, emollient cream.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I guess I just never knew feet were such a big deal. $80 for a foot rasp? Mine that I get at Sally Beauty Supply, can't remember how much but probably not over $15, works beautifully. I give myself a pedicure once or twice a month, using a warm massage foot bath, and the only professional pedicure I ever had, the young Vietnamese tech remarked how soft my skin was. I must be doing something right.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

Smile I forgot to mention that, when I'm putting my various creams and makeup on in the morning, I use Yogatoes. These things rock, I tell you! Just be sure to slip them on after running them in hot water for a couple of seconds, while they are still wet, and stretch them to insert between the toes. They are also great for use as toe separators when applying nailpolish.

I've been thinking about getting some yogatoes. Does anyone else here use them?
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, catski -
I have not been willing to spring the bucks for the yogatoes, so I've been playing around with some cheap knockoffs that I found at the drugstore here in the U.S. They were cheap foam thingies similar to the stuff they use between your toes when you get a pedicure. A bit flimsy, and did not stay in place well.

Today, I found a product called "Pampered Toes", created by the Ped Egg people. It's made of a plastic gel type material, so it's stretchy, yet stable enough to stay in place. The down side for me is that I have fat toes (and a bit swollen these past few days from alcohol, salty food, and alot of walking), so they throbbed a bit on my first try; my toes felt a bit constricted, almost as if the circulation was getting cut off. Still, I did appreciate the stretch that I got, and I will continue to use them. The best part: these were only $9.99 in the US! The last time I checked, the Yogatoes were around $25.

HTH!
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
do ya'll know about the Jota Sox? It is a way to do a moisturizing foot treatment. I have used it, and its great if you use a lotion, but not really designed for use with moisturizing oils, which are my preference. Check this out:

Jota Sox consist of disposable latex socks and outer cotton socks. When used in conjunction with prescribed or over the counter creams, lotions or ointments, the moisturizer becomes much more effective. The latex socks lock in moisture and the cotton socks retain the position of the latex socks, providing heat. Therefore, the feet sweat and the moisturizer penetrates deeper- in turn, healing feet faster. This product is especially helpful in treating skin conditions including psoriasis and eczema, as well as dry skin and calluses. Should you wish to request additional infoamtion, please visit our website atwww.jotasox.com.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Sabrinafr
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
do ya'll know about the Jota Sox? It is a way to do a moisturizing foot treatment. I have used it, and its great if you use a lotion, but not really designed for use with moisturizing oils, which are my preference. Check this out:

Jota Sox consist of disposable latex socks and outer cotton socks. When used in conjunction with prescribed or over the counter creams, lotions or ointments, the moisturizer becomes much more effective. The latex socks lock in moisture and the cotton socks retain the position of the latex socks, providing heat. Therefore, the feet sweat and the moisturizer penetrates deeper- in turn, healing feet faster. This product is especially helpful in treating skin conditions including psoriasis and eczema, as well as dry skin and calluses. Should you wish to request additional infoamtion, please visit our website atwww.jotasox.com.

Thanks for your info, I'm interested in this product.
uglyducking
5% products discount

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum. This is my first post.
I have a very very ugly dry feet too. During the winter my feet is very dry I can just peel the skin around the heel. The skin even crack open and it hurt when i walk sometime. I put on vaseline and wear socks all the time. It only getting better when it summer time. I'm so glad I found this thread with lot of advises and experience from you all. Thanks Smile
lilpil
5% products discount

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:38 am      Reply with quote
I had pretty cracked heels, very thick though skin, and at one stage, I peeled off some of that tough skin, and cause my heel to bleed and even when healed, it would go back to hard thickened skin and crack and bleed again.

The main reason I think I've got this condition is that I wear sandals or heel-less shoes everyday, giving it no real moisture protection what-so-ever.

I have to say that ped eggs, although great, wear out far too quickly for my liking (used every second or third day, the blades on mine was blunt within 2 weeks), and replacements, started to get pretty costly.

What I have found helpful now is when I go to shower, I make sure that my feet are soaked in the running water washing off my body so that the skin is softened and before finishing up, would use my nails to scrap off all the dead skin layer. I know it sounds gross but I haven't really found a scraping tool that is as effective as my nails. Afterwards I would moisturise with Lucas Papaw ointment (an Australian papaya ointment). You can use vaseline as well and I'm sure you will get similar results.

This hasn't completely cured my dry heels as I think I would have to start wearing socks with my shoes to achieve that but it has definitely softened my feet and I don' have to scrap my feet as often over time (this result is after about 3-4mths of following above procedure).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
search the threads for tips on the best treatment of all for ugly feet - apple cider vinegar.

BF
ishay
5% products discount

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I also have same dry feet. I think I could also use some of your tips. Thanks. Smile
dongss_1999
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Here's what I like to do to make sure that my feet are super smooth and moisturised as well.

In the evening, have a long bath (or foot soak) and use a pumice scrub on your feet. After your feet have soaked long enough, dry them off and use one of those Tweezerman (or similar, I've found the Tweezerman to be great) foot files that looks like a mini-grater. After you're done, slather vaseline (or something equally rich) all over your feet, wrap them in glad wrap, put on some socks and head off to bed (carefully! it's hard to walk in glad wrapped feet!). Wake up in the morning and use the foot file again on the softened skin. Voila! This has always worked well for me whenever I have neglected my feet. I'm pretty good these days, mainly because I have a whole range of foot creams lined up by my bed that I need to finish off Embarassed

My way is familiar with Mabsy but I used my cheaper body lotion or Moisturising Cream instead.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I put on thick layer of Glaxo Base before bed and it works.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Use body lotion every and make foot scrub once a week~

5% products discount

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I use pure and unrefined shea butter together with coconut oil, they can improved my rough, hard feet, but it must put on them everyday continuously.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Soak feet for at least 30 mins then shave them to remove hard skin repeat every few days use emoliante ...it doesn't hurt
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I had this problem for years...until I discovered the Emjoi Micro Pedi.It uses mineral rollers that gently but effectively buff away hardcore tough skin.It's battery operated, so it does the work.I think the best deal is at QVC( and it costs about 30.00).
lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Try to exfoliate with olive oil and fine sugar. Then, apply a thick layer of lotion and put the socks on. Overnight, magic!
marys235
5% products discount

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:39 am      Reply with quote
AmLactin Foot Cream Therapy is the best thing I've ever found. I used to get very dry, cracked skin on my heels, I could literally peel chunks of skin off my feet. This cream really works.
DemiWatson
5% products discount

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:55 am      Reply with quote
A combination of olive oil and lemon or lavender oil will do. It acts as a moisturizer cream.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Use coconut oil for body. It can be absored quickly snd keep uour dry foot smooth.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |