Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help: ugly, dry feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:34 am      Reply with quote
red77 wrote:
Pedi-file Shock
OMG, at first at couldn't figure out what you were shocked about, then I read it again...I agree. Sad

5% products discount

Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Milk added to your foot bath along with oils and essential oils is supposed to be great to soften feet.
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, probably not the best way to introduce myself to the forum, but anyway...
My feet are just horrible at the moment - I would be too embarrassed to get a pedicure. I hate filing them, I get bored, I never feel that they are perfect afterwards, and the results only last so long (whch I know is true for anything).
Anyhow, I was at the drug store this evening and I saw a Vichy product - Podexine Callus Corrector - so I decided to give it a try. It apparently contains salicylic acid and "anti-rubbing spheres to limit friction between the skin of the feet and shoes" (whatever those are, I'm suspicious). So, if I am dedicated enough to use it every day for a week, and if the results are impressive, I will let you know.
I wish I could get my hands on the pedikur product someone mentioned upthread - nearly instant results is exactly what I am looking for.
Louise Clemson
5% products discount

Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I have horrible feet due to work and standing on them for hours on end. The one thing that has really helped is Pedikur. I get it from QVC in England. It's originally from Germany and it melts dead skin cells. You soak some cotton wool in this liquid put it on the affected areas of your feet and wrap them in clingfilm. Leave your feet like this for 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the severity of your feet and then with the plastic knife scrap your dead skin cells away!! It's fab as it can't hurt your feet like some of the grater style files. It also comes with a repair cream which prevents skin rehardening!
I'm down to using it twice a month now but when I started my feet wouldn't see summer because they looked so horrible.
This is a highly rec product - even my pedicurist can't believe it and has ordered some for use in the salon!!
If anyone really wants some I could order from QVC and send it on - I'll only charge whatever the postage is. Let me know!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased the Geligne Moisturizing Gel Terry Booties from the Shopping Channel for $15. It's so moisturizing. I noticed a difference after the first use. Very Happy

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/product_detail.asp?departmentId=4051&itemId=268831&Nz=0
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I read raves on MUA about Avon's Cracked Heel Cream and mine just came in - picking it up Sunday. I'll let you know how it works. If it works well it's definitely probably the cheapest foot cream at the cost of 2.99CDN a tube!
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I didn't read all the posts on this thread, so if this has been mentioned, overlook it Very Happy

I have used, ( and this reminds me to dig mine out again 0 ) some 70% Glycolic Acid I bought off Ebay very cheap, and it worked very well on that tough foot skin. I just experiment on the time, usually about 5 mins. the first time, with a good moisurizer afterwards, then work your way up next time. About once a week.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I've never taken care of my feet nor used any foot file nor got a pedicure, which means my total expense spent on my feet in the past 20+ years is 0. Why should anyone on earth dig up this thread and let it catch my attention???? Mad

Ok, can anyone tell me where I can get this Diamancel thing CHEAPEST (somewhere ships internationally)? Please help!! Laughing
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I just checked. It should be our new fellow member Emma_Jane who dug up this thread.

Emma_Jane, I didn't mean to blame you. Wink It may be high time for me to start taking care of my feet. Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Recently, I've been using candessence body polish on my feet while I'm in the shower, and it makes my feet look incredible! It exfoliates and moisturizes, so by the time I get out of the shower I don't need another moisturizer, I just put on my sandals and go! You can get the body polish at candessence.com for $5, and you can choose from a lot of yummy scents. (I always go for chocolate...^-^)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Recently, I've been using candessence body polish on my feet while I'm in the shower, and it makes my feet look incredible! It exfoliates and moisturizes, so by the time I get out of the shower I don't need another moisturizer, I just put on my sandals and go! You can get the body polish at candessence.com for $5, and you can choose from a lot of yummy scents. (I always go for chocolate...^-^)

Ok I'll bear this in mind to include in my order when the new scent is done! Very Happy
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I usually don't want to spend time with a scrub and then wiping it off and washing/drying, AFTER a bath. So, two products I absolutely love, I just rub the cream in after my bath, on dry feet, and then apply cotton socks. Hours later, smooth as silk!!! NO cracked dry rough spots anywhere!
BBW Heel of Approval, and philosophy Sole Owner. I switch these off, rotate using them, they are both terrific. BBW on sale is $6 and will last forever. philosophy is $14 and will last forever, too.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
I recently purchased the Geligne Moisturizing Gel Terry Booties from the Shopping Channel for $15.

Yen- those sound just like the ones I got from SDM, but you paid a lot less ($35 at SDM).
Aren't they great! I just love how soft my feet feel after wearing them!
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have the diamencel #11 also and think it's great. i used to see a podiatrist about once a month. now i only see her occasionally (3-4 times a year)-- usually because i haven't been using my foot file regularly and let the callouses build up and I don't have the patience to work at them Smile

i would have been interested in trying the luxor that Carrie mentioned because of the second coarser side, but the site has discontinued carrying them...

someone (sorry forgot who) wanted to know the cheapest place to buy. the cheapest price i found was at a large SDM (or pharmaprix for us Quebecers Smile ) -- think it was $42 (this was about 4 years ago). and i used my optimum points so it was actually free -- my favorite price Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:

Thanks Liz! I'm glad it's helping! I wear work boots 8+ hours a day & the polish is really making a difference for me too ( Embarassed suppose I shouldn't rave about my own stuff should I? Laughing )
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
HI, I haven't read through all of the responses but someone posted a review on mua for flexitol? (I think that's what it's called) she seemed to have good results with it. the full name was flexitol heel balm.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
kls wrote:

Yen- those sound just like the ones I got from SDM, but you paid a lot less ($35 at SDM).
Aren't they great! I just love how soft my feet feel after wearing them!

Yeah, they are great. I often forget or is too busy to moisturize my feet. Now I can just slip those booties and my feet feel amazing afterwards. Smile
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Great thread! Very Happy
smilekate
5% products discount

Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
1. L'Occitane foot cream is good.
2. Wear socks before you go to bed.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
I recently purchased the Geligne Moisturizing Gel Terry Booties from the Shopping Channel for $15. It's so moisturizing. I noticed a difference after the first use. Very Happy

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/product_detail.asp?departmentId=4051&itemId=268831&Nz=0

Yen, is this the canadian shopping channel? i think i want a pair of these babies after reading your and kls's reviews!

i have never bought from them...

is there anything else worth buying /checking out from them? they have this thing where s&h is suppose to be cheaper if you buy 2 or more items(?)
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi montrealgal, it was me who asked about the cheapest place to buy Diamencel. Thanks for your info but unfortunately I don't live in Canada....Hope your information will be useful to others. Wink
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Wow, you girls are taking good care of your feet! I should be ashamed of myself..... Embarassed
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi CK
Beauty.com & drugstore.com carry diamacel files, but I don't know if they're the cheapest. Ebay is always worth a try. HTH.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks kls. I think I'll try ebay. Very Happy

I'm thinking of getting Classic Buffer #10 or Tough Buffer #11. How are they different? Which one works better? Confused
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:

I'm thinking of getting Classic Buffer #10 or Tough Buffer #11. How are they different? Which one works better? Confused

I have 2 diamancel files. One is a #10 which is a buffer, the other one is a #20 which is a lot coarser & used to get rid of callouses. HTH.
While we're on the topic of products for feet, I wanted to tell everyone about some cool socks I found at Walmart. They're called MedPeds & they have aloe vera moisturizer right in the sock! In the wintertime I wear these under my regular socks (when wearing a heavy shoe or boot). They're not miracle workers, but I found my feet feel softer at the end of the day than if I wore a cotton sock by itself.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |