Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your best ENERGY secrets (fighting fatigue)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
egyptianpharmacist
5% products discount

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody else feel like they are ready to pass out as soon as they get home from work? I stand on my feet all day at work so by the time I'm home I just feel like laying on the couch and not exercising Confused

I'm always on the hunt for new tips on how to boost one's energy, what do you guys do to keep going during the "second shift" (making dinner, taking care of the kids, exercising, etc)?

So far I have tried a ginseng tea, it helps a bit but tastes pretty bad haha. I also tried these raspberry ketone & green coffee bean chews, which initially gave me AMAZING energy, but then pooped out after a couple weeks of daily use Confused That was so depressing haha, I felt like I had finally found the KEY to unlimited energy, but then alas, no...

Maybe forcing myself to exercise would give more energy/stamina over time? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, I can sympathize. I don't have any real words of advice, but exercise does help me somewhat. But there are some days when it is soooo tough to get started.

I've tried a number of supplements in the past (ginseng, green tea, etc), but nothing helped me much.

I look forward to any suggestions the group may have.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Liposomal Vitamin C is the BEST thing I have ever taken for fatigue. (and I was on hydrocortisone for 4 yrs for severe adrenal fatigue)

I was taking 2-3 gms/day but when I doubled it the result was near immediate & has continued.

I am thinking about going to 10gms/day.

I do think adequate Magnesium is also key but I never felt a boost with it as I have Lipo C.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Paleo diet works for me. Eliminating processed junk foods, coffee, grains, gluten etc makes my body run more efficiently. (Why put cheap economy grade fuel in a high performance engine?) You get all the nutrients you need if you eat whole foods, not processed.

Drinking plenty of pure water helps eliminate the buildup of garbage.

If you dread exercising, find something you enjoy doing! Even a walk around the neighborhood to nosy around looking at the neighbors can get you moving and off that couch. Take longer and longer walks until you walk an hour a day. Explore! If you dont have time to walk, swim or do SOMETHING! join a zumba class!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I agree with fawnie about eliminating junk food and grains. Junk food (even refined oils like in salad dressing) lower my energy. And I find that with the exception of things like quinoa, I find grains zap my energy.

I take a little bit of a different approach in that I do eat lots of fruit and vegetables. About 70% of my calories come from only fruit and vegetables, which means about 2-3 of my meals every day are just fruit or fruit plus greens. I feel amazing eating so much fruit, and of all the food groups, I feel best on fruits and vegetables, next best on root vegetables, third best on legumes/beans, and everything else is below that...this is just for me personally. I really think that improving your diet will make a big difference.

HTH Smile

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Carbs (from fruit, milk, or white sugar)- 150 grams a day minimum
Caffeine
Thyroid hormone, T3
Sleep
Avoidance of blue light (phone, TV etc.) at night
Light exercise (walking, chores, housework)
Full spectrum light (UVA+ UVB- direct sunlight) before noon
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:56 am      Reply with quote
claire97 wrote:
Carbs (from fruit, milk, or white sugar)- 150 grams a day minimum
Caffeine
Thyroid hormone, T3

Sleep
Avoidance of blue light (phone, TV etc.) at night
Light exercise (walking, chores, housework)
Full spectrum light (UVA+ UVB- direct sunlight) before noon

Claire:

Were you diagnosed with a hormone problem? Is the T3 prescription or from a health food store?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:01 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
I agree with fawnie about eliminating junk food and grains. Junk food (even refined oils like in salad dressing) lower my energy. And I find that with the exception of things like quinoa, I find grains zap my energy.

I take a little bit of a different approach in that I do eat lots of fruit and vegetables. About 70% of my calories come from only fruit and vegetables, which means about 2-3 of my meals every day are just fruit or fruit plus greens. I feel amazing eating so much fruit, and of all the food groups, I feel best on fruits and vegetables, next best on root vegetables, third best on legumes/beans, and everything else is below that...this is just for me personally. I really think that improving your diet will make a big difference.

HTH Smile

I just wanted to add my observation about my former supervisor. She ate very clean and appeared to be a low maintenance type in regards to makeup and hair. (Her hair style could have been updated as she had '80's hair.)

But her skin was amazing! Great skin and I am sure her diet had a lot to do with it. She was mid '50's.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I like to pop a 250 mg. tablet of Vit. B12 when I need energy.

I work out five days a week, eat well, etc., so I'm in good physical shape to start with, but the B12 really gives me that extra boost.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I have been through a few tough challenges in the past few years, that included some major losses of loved ones and my own health problem. And I am still under stresses taking care of family. Thus, other than mental fatigue, I find my energy draining day by day. I have been trying whatever I know that can boost my energy-tea, coffee...and that will put your health at expense eventually for the caffein. Anyway, now what I am taking is some super food such as chia sees and all kinds of nuts along with potent vitamin B. I think they work somehow to me to certain degree. Not like I can be very energetic, but I can carry myself go through the day till I am able to go to bed. That's how I deal with it.
shooterfish
5% products discount

Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I hydrate myself as much as possible I carry my water bottle all the time.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Drinking more water will help to keep me uplifted and boost my energy.
Gypsy_Red

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
The Candida Diet and regular exercise really helps me. Exercise first thing in the a.m. really starts your day in the right direction--energetically and emotionally.

Have you considered getting your levels(Cortisol, Thyroid, Hormones..)checked,to rule anything out?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Get enough sleep. Take a nap. Walk outside for half an hour.
havana8

Sun May 24, 2015 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Judy Chen wrote:
Drinking more water will help to keep me uplifted and boost my energy.

This helps me also as I find many, myself included, simply don't drink enough water.

Also I find lemon water in the morning helps boost energy.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Heard that all the wifi in the air is making more people tired and short tempered.
caringpal

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, first my best energy booster is drinking a lot of liquids water preferably. I also do some dancing exercises with my kids and it really keeps me going Very Happy
oceanwild

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
best energy secret? eat much and have enough rest.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Visit your doctor and have a blood test to make sure there are no medical issues.
If there are no medical issues then eat a balanced diet (forget all the fads) and exercise. Try to attain the ideal weight for your height.
You don't need to spend a lot of money. Walking/running in the fresh air is free.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Energy: how can we have enough for so much we do!!!

What worked for me, and this is only my private experience, not advise. It took two years of very heavy periods for me to realize, that i am not reproducing enough iron. Doctor was useless. i started taking full vitamin agenda, with iron, multi, co Q 10, ginseng, and tripled fish oils. I do eat healthy and not over weight, i watch my sugars, so the rest of the diet remained the same. Added B 12, for sure. Withing two month felt better. Added sea kelp as well, as i thought I needed it, and my mental fog was lifted in two days.

I feel back to normal. Find a medical doctor you can talk to, do the tests, blood is obviously will tell you what is going on.

The best to you.
Allysanchez

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I take a 30min nap and right after I feel a little bit dizzy then I take a coffee but one hour later, I feel really better!
shooterfish
5% products discount

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really have any advice to get you since I don't do anything special. I just get the right amount of quality sleep, exercise, drink lots of water and eat balanced meals. Especially breakfast. Don't skip it.
lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:02 am      Reply with quote
egyptianpharmacist wrote:
Anybody else feel like they are ready to pass out as soon as they get home from work? I stand on my feet all day at work so by the time I'm home I just feel like laying on the couch and not exercising Confused

I'm always on the hunt for new tips on how to boost one's energy, what do you guys do to keep going during the "second shift" (making dinner, taking care of the kids, exercising, etc)?

So far I have tried a ginseng tea, it helps a bit but tastes pretty bad haha. I also tried these raspberry ketone & green coffee bean chews, which initially gave me AMAZING energy, but then pooped out after a couple weeks of daily use Confused That was so depressing haha, I felt like I had finally found the KEY to unlimited energy, but then alas, no...

Maybe forcing myself to exercise would give more energy/stamina over time? Smile

Hot yoga is my choice now! It makes me feel exhausted but it also helps me restore my energy after a sleep. Tried different detox drinks...never worked for me
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Cabrita - do you make your own liposomal Vit C or is there a particular brand you would recommend?
cabrita wrote:
Liposomal Vitamin C is the BEST thing I have ever taken for fatigue. (and I was on hydrocortisone for 4 yrs for severe adrenal fatigue)

I was taking 2-3 gms/day but when I doubled it the result was near immediate & has continued.

I am thinking about going to 10gms/day.

I do think adequate Magnesium is also key but I never felt a boost with it as I have Lipo C.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 am      Reply with quote
egyptianpharmacist wrote:

I don't particularly like it but Green Tea gives me energy as does drinking apple cider vinegar (about a tablespoon..preferably organic) in water.
Both of these never fail me when I'm feeling sluggish or trying to get motivated... although sometimes I'll forget on my off work days. Until I feel tired.
The extra energy leads me to work out or be more active which also ends up giving me even more energy.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |