Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2015 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Everyone, Where are you buying your Derminator? Thank you.

There is only one place to buy it, at owndoc:

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-list.php?Derminator-pg1-cid61.html

They may be sold out, but it's well worth the wait to get one. I would keep an eye on the site and grab one when they become available.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2015 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Looks like back in stock on June 3. I really want one of these suckers, it'll be my next device. I have a manual derma-needle that rolls, something electric sounds more my style and probably overall more effective.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2015 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Now it says the US Derminator is back in stock June 1, they say they will have 36 units and they will probably sell out in 24 hours, crazy. Maybe I'll get ready and buy on Monday, I really want one of these. Also, another possibility, if they sell out, you can also just purchase a UK or European plug and get an adapter.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2015 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I sent my picture to owndoc. It's somewhere there on the website . I started using it in December along with my Anteage .I'm going to send a 6 month update that will be taken with my husbands Nikon professional camera. We also took some befores. The ones on own doc were taken with my iPad and give you some idea but aren't too good. I love both the derminator and the Anteage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2015 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
The US plug Derminator is in stock! I just bought one.

Sat May 30, 2015 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up Tonia.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Would someone post how they do their product penetration rolls with the derminator?

After you clean your face with cleanser and alcohol free witch hazel do you:

Apply product to penetrate.
use derminator.

or do you:

spritz with nasal spray for slip
use derminator
apply product

or does it make a difference to the product you're trying to penetrate?

Thanks!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
If you are using 1.0 - 2.00 mm needles (medical rolling) then it is better to use alcohol after a cleanser. Then you apply your HA gel and then use the Derminator.

It's not recommended to use anything but a simple HA gel for a medical rolling.

MaryClaire wrote:
Would someone post how they do their product penetration rolls with the derminator?

After you clean your face with cleanser and alcohol free witch hazel do you:

Apply product to penetrate.
use derminator.

or do you:

spritz with nasal spray for slip
use derminator
apply product

or does it make a difference to the product you're trying to penetrate?

Thanks!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
i bought as US one also the other night.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I have done several medical rolls but I'm trying to incorporate product penetration rolls several times a week starting a week after my medical roll.

I think I'm going to apply the products after rolling with a .25 for several minutes.

Regarding medical rolls: I keep my face covered with saran wrap until I get to the part of my face/neck that I want to roll. Then I have to wipe off the numbing cream with alcohol. I hate waiting for the alcohol to dry but I don't want to roll the alcohol into my skin. Does alcohol need time on your skin to disinfect? I would love to wipe it dry and then put on the slipping agent.

Thanks!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm gonna try to grab one of these when they're back in stock! I feel like it will really help some pitted scars on my face. I have used manual rolling dermaneedles before but never got into a good routine and forgot to use it. I feel the derminator is the answer to that.
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Rmc7, I saw your photos on Own Doc and I am blown away! What was your protocol over the past 6 months to get such dramatic results? How often did you use the Derminator and at what length? You mentioned anteage, but did you use anything else? You must be thrilled. If you keep it up your going to be 20 again before you know it. Lol.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Derminator is back in stock!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Ahhh, I'm hesitating to order. I should probably wait for my tax return to come back haha. But I want one, what to do, what to do!?
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Well, $200 and no tax... Sounds like a great device to hold onto your 30's Smile . I was on the fence, too, but I don't want to have to hope they'll be in stock again when I'm sure. Plus, you can always sell it if you don't like it 'cause you know they'll run out again. Think

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:17 am      Reply with quote
EC413, I just read above that you want it for pitted scars... In my research, needling is hands down the best DIY treatment for scars, and the electronic needles make it so much easier and less painful, for me anyway (I've been using the knock-off Dermapen). Good luck Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:36 am      Reply with quote
piscesgirlrenee wrote:
Well, $200 and no tax... Sounds like a great device to hold onto your 30's Smile . I was on the fence, too, but I don't want to have to hope they'll be in stock again when I'm sure. Plus, you can always sell it if you don't like it 'cause you know they'll run out again. Think

Haha, you're making me want to order one! I should! Did you order one, did you receive it yet? I wonder how long it would take to arrive to the US?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:39 am      Reply with quote
piscesgirlrenee wrote:
EC413, I just read above that you want it for pitted scars... In my research, needling is hands down the best DIY treatment for scars, and the electronic needles make it so much easier and less painful, for me anyway (I've been using the knock-off Dermapen). Good luck Very Happy

That's what I found in my research too, that dermaneedling was one of the best treatments for scars, and I have almost accepted that the scars will be there forever, but I bet with the derminator, I can make them so much lesser in appearance. When I did a manual roll, I wasn't able to keep up and ended up leaving it in my bathroom drawer. I remember the skin did look better immediately after rolling, just from the inflammation, but I would like to think that an electric derma roller would be so much more beneficial. I just added it to my cart, still havent checked out haha.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I remember the before and afters for pitted scars on the site are pretty amazing. I don't work for Owndoc, obviously, but think of all the time and research and cover up you've put into those scars. I did the same for stretch marks, so I just went for it. I knew because when they sold out again, 2 days ago, I kicked myself for hesitating. Now I can move on with my life Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered one early this morning. I kind of forgot I wanted one since they never had them in stock, or they weren't shipping to the USA. Then I got an email from a local medspa advertising their latest special: ONE Dermaneedling treatment and a small bottle of HA serum for only $199! I looked again at Owndoc and they were sold out, again. I have friends who drop $200 on highlights every few months. Also, if I remember correctly, there's a lifetime or longtime guarantee on this device. After receiving a faulty RF device in April from ebay ( and the hassle with getting that sorted, especially with the language challenge on their end), I feel way better about this purchase.
Also, the site says normal transit time to the US is 14 days. Time to get prepping with Vitamins A and C...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing medical rolls for about 5 years. I started with rollers, then moved on to the my-m. Now I am waiting for the Derminator that I ordered. I have done a ridiculous amount of research over the years, and I have no idea what a "slip agent" is. lol Is this something new with the Derminator? I read something about nose spray. Is that for real?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I really can't wait to order one and it's sold out again for the US. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to order one for the UK and then buy an adapter for the plug that works for the US.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
I really can't wait to order one and it's sold out again for the US. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to order one for the UK and then buy an adapter for the plug that works for the US.

I'm sorry you missed it!

I had hours and hours to order today, they mustve ran out of stock around 3pm PST because I had been checking all day, but held off. I'm moving in July and would rather wait until I move to get the package sent to me (in case there is some sort of hold up). But will definitely order a Derminator next time they're in stock (mid June according to Owndoc) or the time after that, lol!

I really want one of these, but I also figured since I am doing microdermabrasion right now, I can hold off on a new microneedle machine. Until then, I can do some light rolling with a manual 1mm roller that I have (brand new from eBay).

Wrinklefree, pretty sure you should be 100% okay with buying a UK one and just using an adapter. Someone please correct me if I am wrong!
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Skin Care Boards has a derminator thread under AntiAging and they talk about one of the derma rolling docs, Dr. Setterfield. He has a course and a couple of books on derma needling.

He recommends using the nasal spray to get the 'slip' on your skin because granulomas were formed in a (very) few people when using a Vitamin C serum. So he changed his recommendation to eliminate using anything but saline before needles.

He thinks that both the cosmetic and medical rolls are necessary to combat aging.

From (not mine) notes taken from the Setterfield course, he recommends:

"2 min 2xweek at first, gradually increasing your tolerance until you reach the goal of 5-10 min per day"

I need to give credit to Fawnie on Skin Care Boards for sharing her notes.

There are so many methods/views/products about derma needling that it is hard for me to pick the best one.

rmc7, are you doing product penetration rolls?

Loved your progress and pictures on owndoc!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Owndoc site was updated.

Now says 20 units will be available June 10. Maybe I'll order this time around, again though since I am moving at the end of this month, maybe it's best to wait. I definitely want a derminator though!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |