Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
junerosemac
5% products discount

Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I am no expert, but on reading these forums I've heard of more skin damage coming from lasers
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank You! Even the newest and most advanced laser damage and thin the skin in the long term?
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:59 am      Reply with quote
This thread is short and gives good info on treating undereye bags with dermarolling:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=52534&highlight=bags

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Just clicked the back button and accidentally posted twice...

5% products discount

Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:29 am      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:
Does the Derminator give better results than laser?treatments?

Not sure if to invest in one instead of visiting the derm to get several laser treatments.

I have heard some lasers can thin the skin in the long run? What about the derminator and treating eye bags?

Guys, I need help as I need to make a quick decision.

Thank You!

You sure you wanna treat bags under the eyes with needles or anything else? Bags under the eyes are coming from stress, to much salt, and bad diet, no?
maybe im wrong.. Parten me if I am..
AlanMGriffith

Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:56 am      Reply with quote
piscesgirlrenee wrote:
This thread is short and gives good info on treating undereye bags with dermarolling

Thank you!
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone seriously into microneedling should watch and read the following Dr Des video and article: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN40mdO3HbM

http://www.spabeauty.co.nz/Beauty+Articles/x_post/the-evolution-of-skin-needling-00260.html

His main point seems to be that we get the same or even better results by using 1mm rolling (I use the Derminator) 6 times within a certain timeframe (his maximum wait time: one week, but he thinks 2 or 3 days wait time might be even better). His reasoning: "I believe that the reason for this is that one builds up the concentrations of TGF-beta-3 to levels unattainable by even the most intensive needling because each needling experience adds to the previous levels of TGF-beta-3." He dismisses concerns about weekly treatments, says the concerns have "no clinical evidence at all".

If you are considering 3mm needling, perhaps this is the safer way to go? I'm going to try this (am up to third 1mm treatment today). Until now, I've done very intense (2mm, 2.5mm) needling every few months, with quite a lot of teeth-gritting and about three days hiding in the house, but if this can work *better* and I can fit it in without looking too scary, I'm all for it.

As usual: this is just something I'm trying. I have no medical background and anyone trying needling must do so at their own risk.
J273

Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I recieved my derminator a few weeks back and plan on using it on my face for scar and sun damage.

Ive used a 1.5 roller and stamp before but thought id get this as it seems easier to use

For those of you who have used it do you use the timer function? Ive had a look at it today at it asks for the length and width in cm. So say i plan on doing the forehead which is roughly 10cm length by 4cm width. The unit tells me it will take 6min 44 seconds to complete in slow and only 44 seconds on fast to complete the whole area.

Does that seem correct?

Thanks
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that seems about right. The timer is really useful once you get used to it. BTW fast is also less painful.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
J27.. I wouldn't try such a great area timed at once, because I always need breaks. I'd divide it into several smaller areas.
neeona

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I just received my dermanator yesterday. My face has NEVER been needled. Does anyone recommend if I should do .25 or .50 for my first treatment? Also, I have 2 acne scars on my face, do I use the 9 all over my face and the single needle on my acne scars? I also have very small clusters of acne scars on the other side of my face, (not as visible). Any other advice for me would be greatly appreciated, since I am 100% new to all of this.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, read all of the needling instructions on Owndoc's website (they apply to Derminator too). Also the forums on that site - search 'acne', there's a lot of advice and experiences.

My experience for wrinkles/troughs is: I need to get into them more often than the rest of my skin. People with acne scars sometimes are disappointed by the visual outcome when they roll the whole skin, and I suspect it's because all of their skin responds well, thus not visually lifting the bottom of the scar any further out. I'm old enough to now also need my whole face needled, but if I were still young and had acne scars, I'd just focus on getting those scars filled by needling.

As for the needle depth, do that reading on the site. Lots of experience there Smile.
Photopro
5% products discount

Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Xandria asked: why is taking so long?

Because it takes about six months for your skin to generate new collagen.

A while ago, I was reading Thomas Hardy's "Return of the Native." One of the main characters was a reedleman. Back in old England, Reedleman dyed their skin red in order to advertise that they dyed sheep for farmers. In the novel, the reedleman carefully explained that it would take six months for his skin to go back to its normal color once he stopped dying it. Even then, they knew. Wink
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Brilliant, Photopro Smile
jiidea
5% products discount

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:09 am      Reply with quote
First off, Thanks @imma for the last replay.. a while back..

And @Needl... Amazing post! Thanks for sharing ..

Stuff comes to my mind.. I have some light acne scarring that id like to minimize .. And just needling once a month seems not enough in my view.. and the Dr Des seems to have the same opinion..

I think i'll try to go for the needling once a week now.. With 0,5 to 1 mm lengths.. Maybe every 5th day even..
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm, I'm going to start doing my face once a week on 1.0.

Also, while watching the video, I also saw this one, which I think is a good example of how to use the Derminator.

https://youtu.be/EGi2arpAkcs

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think she is moving much too fast for the Derminator at least. Sarah recommends pretty slow movements to get enough needling in each area.
neeona

Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am for the first time ever trying to use my machine and It will not work. It says magnet stuck or missing check! Nothing I do is working. I am assuming they did not send me a magnet? What to do? Please help.
neeona

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:53 am      Reply with quote
FYI, In response to my last post...
I emailed the company last night. First thing this morning I received a message from Sarah. I am beyond please by her quick response and the top notch customer service I have received by the way she handled my issue.
junerosemac
5% products discount

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:09 am      Reply with quote
J273 wrote that a 10cm x 4cm area done with the timer, showed up as 6min 44 secs on slow, and 44 secs on fast. I just checked my Derminator with the same criteria, and it showed up as 6mins 44 secs on fast, and 1 hour on slow. Does this mean my Derminator is faulty. Will someone else check to see which is right before I shoot off a message to Owndoc.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
I think she is moving much too fast for the Derminator at least. Sarah recommends pretty slow movements to get enough needling in each area.

And they recommend circular motions and not straight lines. Dr. Setterfield also recommends not to use sunscreen the day of medical needling.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
No sunscreen before needling? I try and get a decent-sized walk in (with sunscreen) before going into hiding. Certainly, I don't put anything on my skin that day after needling.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
No sunscreen before needling? I try and get a decent-sized walk in (with sunscreen) before going into hiding. Certainly, I don't put anything on my skin that day after needling.

Sorry, I meant after needling as I believe the doc in the video applied ss after the procedure.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
jiidea
5% products discount

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
neeona wrote:
I am for the first time ever trying to use my machine and It will not work. It says magnet stuck or missing check! Nothing I do is working. I am assuming they did not send me a magnet? What to do? Please help.

Hey there Neeona.. I dont know if you fixed the problem.. But I had the same experience as you just mentioned the 2nd time i used mine.. I read on the online manual, that to just detach the needle head and pop out the magnet, it came out easy with a stomp, and i put it back in, and it worked again.. Anyway..
jiidea
5% products discount

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
junerosemac wrote:
J273 wrote that a 10cm x 4cm area done with the timer, showed up as 6min 44 secs on slow, and 44 secs on fast. I just checked my Derminator with the same criteria, and it showed up as 6mins 44 secs on fast, and 1 hour on slow. Does this mean my Derminator is faulty. Will someone else check to see which is right before I shoot off a message to Owndoc.

I just tried to check the same 10 x 4 cm2 and mine said 6 min and 44 sec on slow.. just for info Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |