Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
How much do you share with friends re your skincare regime?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am sure this question has been asked before perhaps even by me years ago but I am very curious about how much people share with others regarding your skincare, anti-aging regime?

My close family and friends do know I am a bit of a skincare geek but probably not to the extent that I am or the amount of money I spend on my hobby (habit). For example my partners jaw would hit the floor if he knew I just dropped £70 on an essential dermatology related text book.

I did have a couple of friends I used to be able to discuss these things with but the last time mentioned a device I bought to them one girlfriend was unable to hide her horror at what I had spent and so now I keep my mouth shut. I in no way use high end products but instead I DIY or use french pharmacy but I have been made to feel excessive for spending £30 on a serum or eye cream. Skincare is my thing I'm not big on fashion, make up, jewellery or hair I spend all my spare money on books and skincare.

I also find that for the most part when you are asked about skincare and you start talking about changes to diet, facial exercise and massage, devices etc people just aren't all that interested but would just rather you told them a skincare brand so these days I really say very little unless I get some clear indication they are as into all this as me.

What about the rest of you?
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think I ever talk about skin stuff with anyone these days. It just never comes up in that context. Well, sometimes it does at work, but I don't engage anymore because it never went beyond scent selection for scrubs and such things, I once tried to explain why I don't like physical exfoliators and polyethylene beads in particular, but they just stared at me. Embarassed They just look at you and pronounce the judgement, whether they think you slept well or not. Because where I work everyone seems to believe that one's appearance is related to sleep quality and nothing else (not entirely wrong, but they miss a thing or two there).
Other social circles are so not interested in anything beyond mundane items like lotion from supermarket and toothpaste, and I'm not superficial enough to unfriend people just because they don't moisturize enough. But when I'm mad a them I secretly think that their scoffing at sunscreen will bite them back years later. Or has already, depending on the individual. Laughing
Other than that, my mother knows about my skin stuff, because I tried and failed to introduce her to all this. Failed because she still doesn't realise the subtle difference between a make-up remover and a cleanser.
Anyone else would have to dig deep in my cupboards because I honestly don't have that much skin stuff laying around that I use daily. I mean compared to people who post their collections and such where I wonder what one does with 6 cleansers, and who pays for all that and how many faces they have. I already do have a serious talk with myself when I think about getting a second shower gel bottle, been training myself not to hoard. And in the cupboard graveyard there is one box of makeup, half of it brushes and tools. Other box is gadgets that no one uses because they are too much of a hussle or simply don't have any effect. That's it.
I mean, when people ask why my this or that looks like it looks, I have no problem of explaining or showing, but I never start with that, you would have to ask me. For example, a friend wanted to know what mascara I use because she liked my lashes. I was like, sorry, those are false lashes, mascara had nothing to do with that. And we passionately chatted about lash glue for 10 minutes straight.
Aside all that, to notice the abnormal behevior you would have to live with me and the madness would make itself noticable. With me it's less about potions and lotions or gadgets, it's about what I do with the stuff. Because most people I know don't spend like 1/2 h each day massaging their faces or sticking masks on, or slapping themselves on end, or whatever else. Only a Japanese/South Korean skin addict could embrace my approach. Not that would give up anything. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
NO,NO, not anymore!!! Although I've really pared my products down, the ones I do use are either DIY or stem cell products. I spend way less than my friends do on much more effective products. The AnteAGE is pricy but it works for me. I've learned not to share too much with commoners. I would get responses like " I'm going to age gracefully" then found out she just spent 100 bucks on an ineffect petroleum derivative to use on her eyes!! I got tired of everyone asking about my great skin or younger appearance only to have them tell me I'm a diva afraid to age or that it's all vanity( yes, I take pride in my appearance ) I never thought I was excessive, just hyper aware .
I do have a nice selection of machinery but if I miss a day of using something I don't freak out...much. I know they would never understand my Derminator so I keep that dirty little secret between us beauties.
The ones who know that I diy Botox and fillers light candles for me in church or hold up a crucifix when they see me, so to avoid those reactions , I only share info with other injectors anonymously, on private sites, dark doorways and opium dens !

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies interesting that you also feel it is best to keep discussion of such matters to yourself unless you are talking to a fellow skincare nut!

Jazzi it sounds like you have really worked out what works for you and that you stick to it, that is where I hope to be, I am getting there.
fmarc

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Many of my friends and family ask me about my skin care routine. I am very open about it and tell them EVERYTHING! I love skin care so sometimes I even recommend products or ingredients they could use if they mention something they're unhappy about with their skin. If I was just younger, I would've been a derm for sure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2015 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
It never comes up in discussion and I no longer bring up the subject. I think it is hard to find someone with common interest and most to have interest in makeup, which is not bad, but all of that cover great skin

I come here and I made a friend who is a member here and we stay in touch often. We don't discuss skin care that often anymore because we both found what we really love.
I have gone though changes and switched brands, but it is all regular routine with some added mix of trying a mask and always searching for reasonable price sun protection that is excellent quality of coverage and great for reapplying without bad buildup and great under makeup.

As I have gotten older, I have more interest in clothes and developed my own style and don't feel the need to shop to find a new look. Shoes and sunglassess are my thing now Very Happy
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I get asked a lot what I use but I don't get into the fine details.

Recently, my mum had these skin rash that just wouldn't go away. I told her what to use and she wouldn't listen. So I just gave up and let her suffer. People rarely listen.
MaxineDanko

Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Mee too. I do not get into fine details regarding my skin with anyone.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |