Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where are you buying Retin A from online now?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I've not used any Retin A in the past year & 1/2. Where are you all getting it online at a decent price? I need to get back on it. Smile
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased a tube from tarasc.com. They offer a 15% coupon and I think I paid around $25-$30. No questions asked. HTH
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:17 am      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
I just purchased a tube from tarasc.com. They offer a 15% coupon and I think I paid around $25-$30. No questions asked. HTH

Thanks! Checking the site out now.
Xenalady
5% products discount

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds like a great price. Can you tell me the size and strength of the product. I was able to get a prescription from my dermatologist but the price is $35 for a 20g, .05% tube.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
At alldaychemist.com, a 20 gr tube of .05 is $3.30. Shipping is $25 per order so make it worth your while and stock up. You do not need the prescription.
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:23 am      Reply with quote
i get mine at a ADC sister website. Reliable but cheaper postage at $10 Smile
Laura72
5% products discount

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:24 am      Reply with quote
If your curious this is reliable site where I buy Retin-a cream and they sent it to me without a prescription
http://www.reliablewebs.net/go/Retin-a
Three orders for me and no prob.
Lightshox
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a tube from Tara Skin Care based out of California.

Quick, easy, and no prescription required!
kaiqing
5% products discount

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on which brand and which product you want to buy. I will firstly go to the counter, then the brand's official website, lastly a website such as essentialdayspa.
summerphlox

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Any recommendations on who will ship to Canada?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:15 am      Reply with quote
The chemist i get it from that does not require any prescription. i feel comfortable to share the link now that i have received my items have tested the products are authentic. postage is USD10 each
They are a sister company of AllDayChemist.

http://www.reliablerxpharmacy.com/?mw_aref=12270e70736270f9d11d1de3ec541f87

They post to anywhere in the world.
rmn
5% products discount

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
@preciousa

Did you buy the Retino products? What is the shelflife?

And why does ADC have a sister site that sells with cheaper shipping?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
i bought Adapalene gel, which is a milder form of vitamin A compared to Tretinoin. I have tried everything i bought so far (except the silver nitrate which is for emergencies like cuts/burns) and they are all authentic and there is no issues using it so far.

This is what i got

As with all internet based companies, it is not uncommon for them to have several other websites. You will see a few similarities with the 2 websites too.

I only found out when i was talking to customer service online and the guy gave me ADC link instead of the reliablerxpharmacy link. When i asked him, he said that they were the same company. ADC has been around for longer and i guess that's why they get away with charging USD25 for shipping. Reliablerxpharmacy is newer and charge a flat rate of USD10 for shipping. Free shipping for orders over $150. I did not have a large order so USD$10 worked great for me.

The only downside is that the postage is cheaper but maybe slower? I bought and paid on 18 February. They shipped it out on 24 February. Received 10 March 2016. It was sent by registered post with tracking details and i had to sign for it. No issues with customs here in Australia.

Have checked the adapalene expiry for you. It expires March 2018.
rmn
5% products discount

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Awesome, thank you.

I think I will go with the Retino A cream. I guess it's very close to the original Retin A?

Hope the shelf life is that long as well, because I will buy 6 at once. Smile

Also hope there is no custom issue shipping to Europe. ADC doesn't ship to the EU because of that, wonder why RLP does?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure about shipping to Europe. You need to check with Reliablerxpharmacy.

If your skin can tolerate it. I think the Gel is better than the cream as the creme may contain mineral oil. 6 tubes may work out alright because each tube may only last you 2weeks-1 month if applied daily.

It's probably good to start at a lower concentration of Tretinoin if you have not tried before and work your way up from 0.025 0.05 to 0.1% (strongest)

If you are getting the strongest, try Supatret or A Ret Gel. Suprat is Retin A Micro. A Ret Gel is Retin-A. There is also Tazarotene & Differin.

I always prefer Retin-A Micro to Retin-A.
Retin-A Micro is simply better than Retin-A – the sustained Microsponge® systems technology enables the retinoid to be active in your skin for a longer time.
How does it work? The Microsponge® system prevents the accumulation of excessive medication within the surface layers of the skin. Each Microsponge® is less than one-thousandth of an inch of diameter, holding a small amount of tretinoin in reserve and introducing only small amounts of tretinoin to the skin over time.
The Microsponge® is the reason why Retin-A Micro has higher efficacy and lower irritation rates than Retin-A. Your skin never gets more vitamin A than it can handle at one time.
Retin-A Micro is superior for those with oily and sensitive skin types, due to there being more shine reduction and less irritation potential than with traditional Retin-A.

Whitle Retin-A and Retin-A are great for anti-aging. Differin is milder and better for acne. Tazarotene is better for psoriasis.
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
If I remember correctly, I've used Retino and it was comparable with all other brands of tretinoin I've used (including Retin A)
rmn
5% products discount

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
preciousia wrote:

If your skin can tolerate it. I think the Gel is better than the cream as the creme may contain mineral oil.

I always thought that the creme is better, because the gel druies out the skin more? Some dermatologist even recommended to go for the 0,05% creme because that's what the anti-aging trials where done with.

preciousia wrote:

6 tubes may work out alright because each tube may only last you 2weeks-1 month if applied daily.

Really? Arent you supposed to only apply a pea-sized amount?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
This is a prescription product & obviously should be followed by your skins concerns. Please consult a doctor for your individual needs.

For anti-Aging, the cream based may be better. In that case, you should buy the original Renova. It cost more but is better formulated.

Personally I prefer the gel. I don't know exactly what the 99.9% of the product contains. Gel is is water based. I am guessing generics use mineral oil which are cheap.

If you are not sure which variant of retinol to get and you have not tried the products before, I suggest you get 1 instead of 6. Postage is only USD10 instead of USD25. That's what I have done. Remember more is not better so don't just get the strongest strength. If your skin were to react adversely, it will be counterproductive. Start with the lowest. The skin may only require 0.01% of Tretinon.

Note that ADC & reliablerxpharmacy carry mainly generics. The Differin I used is the original Galderma made in France, not generic.

Anyone tried the generics Retin-A sold by ADC & can comment of their products?

Usage will vary person to person. Mine last 2 weeks- 1 month. Each tube is 15-20grams. Smaller than the ones I get here in Australia.
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
rmn wrote:

Also hope there is no custom issue shipping to Europe. ADC doesn't ship to the EU because of that, wonder why RLP does?

I got this reply from Reliablerxpharmacy
http://www.reliablerxpharmacy.com/?mw_aref=12270e70736270f9d11d1de3ec541f87

"We deliver in US, Australia and some part of Europe (Esp. UK)

I hope this will help."
rmn
5% products discount

Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:36 am      Reply with quote
It's no use asking my doctor, because in my country the only cream with tretinoin is a uric acid cream.

Thanks, I will check them out.
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:48 am      Reply with quote
rmn wrote:
It's no use asking my doctor, because in my country the only cream with tretinoin is a uric acid cream.

All the best in your endeavours.
See if you can get a referral to a dermatologist?
rmn
5% products discount

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:22 am      Reply with quote
preciousia wrote:
rmn wrote:

Thanks!

I don't think a derm would be of any use, because as I said there is not really a genuine tretinoin product avalaible in my country.

I will order the cremes starting from 0,025% up to 0,1% and work my way up. I'm currently using Retinol 1% which I tolerate very well, so I hope that it will be similar with tretinoin.
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:43 am      Reply with quote
rmn wrote:
preciousia wrote:
rmn wrote:

Thanks!

I don't think a derm would be of any use, because as I said there is not really a genuine tretinoin product avalaible in my country.

I will order the cremes starting from 0,025% up to 0,1% and work my way up. I'm currently using Retinol 1% which I tolerate very well, so I hope that it will be similar with tretinoin.

Sorry to hear you don't have the Tretinoin in your country.

This advice was given by Dr Todorov fromwww.smartskincare.com/ He was advising more is always better. Enough is good.

For retinol:
"I've seen products with concentrations up to 1% but in many if not most people that causes some degree of irritation whereas much lower concentrations can still be effective."

"For anti-aging, tretinoin concentrations more than 0.025% are usually counter-productive, and even 0.01% is often effective (and for some people optimal). Effectiveness ratio of tretinoin to retinol tends to be more like 10:1 (rather than 20:1 as you suggested), and even that varies from person to person as conversion rates are not the same for all people.

Therefore, to roughly approximate the effect of 0.025% tretinoin, one might need, 0.25% retinol or less"

Glad that your skin can tolerate 1% Retinol and is not sensitive. You are on the right track.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you go. Will love to hear your updates.
rmn
5% products discount

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:48 am      Reply with quote
preciousia wrote:

Personally I prefer the gel. I don't know exactly what the 99.9% of the product contains. Gel is is water based. I am guessing generics use mineral oil which are cheap..

He, I just found the links where I read that the gel is less recommended for AA:

drbaileyskincareDOTcom/blog/5-skin-care-tips-for-retin-a-users/#comment-49063

DOTdrbaileyskincareDOTcom/blog/5-skin-care-tips-for-retin-a-users/#comment-51605

Sorry, I can't link them.

As far as I know there's no 0,1% cream, right?

Also, doesn't mineral oil clog your pores? It says so here:
realselfDOTcom/question/when-apply-aha-in-my-skin-care-routine-already-vitamin-in-the-and-renova-night (last comment from Dr.Buchanan)

Does it list mineral oil in the INCIs for the generics you have?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:26 am      Reply with quote
rmn wrote:
preciousia wrote:

Personally I prefer the gel. I don't know exactly what the 99.9% of the product contains. Gel is is water based. I am guessing generics use mineral oil which are cheap..

He, I just found the links where I read that the gel is less recommended for AA:

drbaileyskincareDOTcom/blog/5-skin-care-tips-for-retin-a-users/#comment-49063

DOTdrbaileyskincareDOTcom/blog/5-skin-care-tips-for-retin-a-users/#comment-51605

Sorry, I can't link them.

As far as I know there's no 0,1% cream, right?

Also, doesn't mineral oil clog your pores? It says so here:
realselfDOTcom/question/when-apply-aha-in-my-skin-care-routine-already-vitamin-in-the-and-renova-night (last comment from Dr.Buchanan)

Does it list mineral oil in the INCIs for the generics you have?

No, have not seen 0.1% Tretinoin in cream on ADC or Reliablepharmacy. There is 0.1% Renova (Retinol equivalent) which is the best recommendation for ageing skin. There is a generic version of Renova but the original is better.

Generally cream is recommended as retinol not well tolerated especially in higher concentration and in dry skin. Delivered in cream form, they cause less irritation. If you do not have any issues in the gel, why not?

A 0.05% gel is always more effective than a 0.05% cream anyways. Remember more is not always better. Enough is good. Many use 0.025% only. If the skin reacts badly to the high strength retinol, it may be counter productive.

Drugs are not required to list the full ingredients generally unlike cosmetics, only active ingredients are listed.

And yes, mineral oil isn't the best. If mineral oil is listed, i will not buy the product.

I have seen complaints from users for generics (creams versions) thus the recommendation for gel or Renova the original for aging skin. Renova costs a little more but still a bargain if you compare it to luxury brands.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |