Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Where are you buying Retin A from online now?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:44 am      Reply with quote
You didn’t say it was bad, you said “If Renova has mineral oil, I am pretty sure the rest of the tretinoin creams have it too” – and so if someone has the idea that mineral oil is bad do you think after reading that they will use or want to use tretinoin?

I am not against mineral oil but have read much about people who have experienced bad reactions from it – which is why I corrected you in that not all forms of tretinoin are containing mineral oils.
preciousia wrote:
I did not say mineral oil is bad. What gave you that idea. I actually recommended Renova in several posts. Renova has mineral oil. So does La Mer, one of the most ridiculously priced famous moisturiser brand.
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:19 am      Reply with quote
preciousia wrote:
I am not sure about shipping to Europe. You need to check with Reliablerxpharmacy.

If your skin can tolerate it. I think the Gel is better than the cream as the creme may contain mineral oil. 6 tubes may work out alright because each tube may only last you 2weeks-1 month if applied daily.

It's probably good to start at a lower concentration of Tretinoin if you have not tried before and work your way up from 0.025 0.05 to 0.1% (strongest)

If you are getting the strongest, try Supatret or A Ret Gel. Suprat is Retin A Micro. A Ret Gel is Retin-A. There is also Tazarotene & Differin.

I always prefer Retin-A Micro to Retin-A.
Retin-A Micro is simply better than Retin-A – the sustained Microsponge® systems technology enables the retinoid to be active in your skin for a longer time.
How does it work? The Microsponge® system prevents the accumulation of excessive medication within the surface layers of the skin. Each Microsponge® is less than one-thousandth of an inch of diameter, holding a small amount of tretinoin in reserve and introducing only small amounts of tretinoin to the skin over time.
The Microsponge® is the reason why Retin-A Micro has higher efficacy and lower irritation rates than Retin-A. Your skin never gets more vitamin A than it can handle at one time.
Retin-A Micro is superior for those with oily and sensitive skin types, due to there being more shine reduction and less irritation potential than with traditional Retin-A.

Whitle Retin-A and Retin-A are great for anti-aging. Differin is milder and better for acne. Tazarotene is better for psoriasis.

TheresaMary wrote:
You didn’t say it was bad, you said “If Renova has mineral oil, I am pretty sure the rest of the tretinoin creams have it too” – and so if someone has the idea that mineral oil is bad do you think after reading that they will use or want to use tretinoin?

I am not against mineral oil but have read much about people who have experienced bad reactions from it – which is why I corrected you in that not all forms of tretinoin are containing mineral oils.
preciousia wrote:
I did not say mineral oil is bad. What gave you that idea. I actually recommended Renova in several posts. Renova has mineral oil. So does La Mer, one of the most ridiculously priced famous moisturiser brand.

i said i prefer GEL versions of Tretinoin over cream.
No where did i say not to use Tretinoin altogether.

As you can see from my initial content. All the retinoid/tretinoin variation referred to are the ones sold on ADC/RXP. No information is available to whether mineral oil is one of the ingredients in the cream.

I did not say ALL Tretinoin creams contain mineral oil.

Based on the low prices, i am guessing that mineral oil (low cost) is used in the tretinoin creams used by ADC/RXP. As they are not cosmetics, but precripton drugs, they are not required to provide the full ingredient list.

Again, please do not take it out of context!

if your intention is indeed to warn people. The biggest warning of all would be that it is not suitable for pregnant ladies as it may cause birth defects.
http://www.drugs.com/pregnancy/tretinoin-topical.html

ALL PLEASE NOTE (repeat):
Tretinoin is a very effective product and medically proven to help anti-age. More information is available here: http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/tretin.html

Retinoids may not be suitable for everyone, please seek your doctor's advice before proceeding.

More discussions on Retin A here:

Tretinoin Cream Vs Tretinoin Gel
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33943&highlight=tretinoin

tretinoin/retin-a
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30482&highlight=tretinoin

Is Tretinoin (Retin-A, Renova, etc) unsafe?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31401&highlight=tretinoin

Need prescription retenoid/tretinoin advice
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10877&highlight=tretinoin
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
This is a pointless discussion that is going no where.

I have just shown you how your message could be interpreted not to use Tretinoin by what you said re it containing mineral oil.

I have a friend who purchases the Johnson and Johnson Retino cream and is against using mineral oils - and gets it from ADC in a large quantity. Whilst I don't have her number to phone her and ask her for the ingredients - that alone suggests to me that not all tretinoin creams contain mineral oil. You implied all tretinoin creams contain mineral oil - it is here for everyone to see and I've quoted that part several times.

You say about taking things out of context yet you do the very thing you are accusing me of - which is remarkable.

This is a discussion thats going nowhere and not helpful to anyone. The evidence stands for what it is in this thread - and you can edit your messages as much as you want because I know for a fact people view threads and notice these things.
rmn
5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, to bring the discussion back to topic. Wink

Has anyone done Wire Transfer to ADC/RXP via Western Union? I'd really like to use it, because I don't have to give out my CC details. I asked ADC and they said they don't accept from WU, but how would they know? What is the difference to a wire transfer from my bank? I mean, they get the money on their bank account, right?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
rmn wrote:
Ok, to bring the discussion back to topic. Wink

Has anyone done Wire Transfer to ADC/RXP via Western Union? I'd really like to use it, because I don't have to give out my CC details. I asked ADC and they said they don't accept from WU, but how would they know? What is the difference to a wire transfer from my bank? I mean, they get the money on their bank account, right?

A telegraphic transfer from your bank may incur fees, here in australia approx $30. You need to check with your bank & make sure you get the full bank, account name, account number & SWIFT code prior to the transfer. Telegraphic transfers may take longer too compared to credit cards.

I use a debit VISA card with them.
No issue so far.

They accept VISA only.

You could get those one time credit cards online.
Like https://www.entropay.com/ or https://www.usunlocked.com/

I have not used the companies above before but you are able to do a search for similar companies for your needs.

Hope this helps.
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyone reading your original statement may think mineral oil is bad and now avoid tretinoin based on what you have said above.

If someone don't like mineral oil. First, find out if the tretinoin product they are buying contains mineral oil like rmn did. The patents held for tretinoin contain mineral oil (including companies like Johnson & Johnson).
https://www.google.com.au/patents/US5037655

As I have suggested in my previous threads, They can always get the gel version which is water based. The other alternative is to get a compounding chemist to formulate for them a customised formulae.

I don't know how you can jump to the conclusion that all tretinoin creams have mineral oil, mineral oil is bad thus don't buy Tretinoin. Totally out of context!

Quote:
you can edit your messages as much as you want

I will comment on this no more Theresa, it is beginning to feel repetitive & personal. All the text are clearly available on the threads. I have clarified any misunderstanding. And contrary to what you are implying, I am unable to edit any past messages.
Thank you for your input & making things clearer.

------

Now, if you are willing to share.
I think the rest of us would love to hear your 35 year experience with tretinoin & how it has helped you look young. I think some of us may not even be 35 years old or have the same experience to boast of as the minimum age for Tretinoin is 18.
kitty_el

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, can I ask have you ever experienced fake Retin a? I purchased some 0.5% Retin A from Pharmacy Geoff about 6 weeks ago and I am sure that it is fake - I have used Retin a for the past 3 years so I have experience using it.
My skin just doesn't look as good, it looks dull and dehydrated & the packaging looks different.
I am tempted to throw it away and order some from all day chemist but I am worried I will get the same stuff. I have never used ADC - do you find that they are genuine, I have read lots of good reviews about them but I don't think you can ever be sure.

Thank you
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've posted multiple times on various threads that Tara Skin Care carries retin-A tretinoin at a very reasonable price and fast shipping. They also carry the gel. I've ordered multiple times. And if you sign up for their emails, they'll send you notice of sales and discounts. Why go through the hassle of buying from a seller in India where you have to use a prepaid debit card because you don't trust them, they have minimum purchase amounts and they charge a lot for delivery? Tara Skin Care has fast, free delivery. I usually have my products in 2 to 3 days. They also carry Careprost.
kitty_el

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Deb - does Tara Skin Care post to the UK?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:18 am      Reply with quote
my order came recently. all good.
http://www.reliablerxpharmacy.com/?mw_aref=12270e70736270f9d11d1de3ec541f87
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
kitty_el wrote:
Deb - does Tara Skin Care post to the UK?

Sorry I am so late getting back to your question. I checked their website and they only shop within the US, Puerto Rico, Guam & US Virgin Islands. I'm sorry!
Madalynblue

Wed May 11, 2016 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi I am in the Uk and wanting to buy retin-a and careprost - i have been on the ADC website but it requests that you send a copy of your prescription which I don't have - does anybody know of anywhere that doesn't ask for a prescription that ships to the UK?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2016 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Madalynblue wrote:
Hi I am in the Uk and wanting to buy retin-a and careprost - i have been on the ADC website but it requests that you send a copy of your prescription which I don't have - does anybody know of anywhere that doesn't ask for a prescription that ships to the UK?

the website i got from don't require a prescription. see previous post.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2016 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Madalynblue, I have ordered from ADC 5 or 6 times. Although the website requests an RX,I have never sent one and that's fine(perhaps they require an RX from some countries? I am just speculating).I am in the US.

As for payment,you can get one of those use once and throw away credit cards if you wish. I have used my debit card each time without a problem.

Not to upset anyone: I am speaking about my personal experiences only.
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2016 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Angelcat47 wrote:
Madalynblue, I have ordered from ADC 5 or 6 times. Although the website requests an RX,I have never sent one and that's fine(perhaps they require an RX from some countries? I am just speculating).I am in the US.

As for payment,you can get one of those use once and throw away credit cards if you wish. I have used my debit card each time without a problem.

Not to upset anyone: I am speaking about my personal experiences only.

Yes i use a debit card with ADC and Reliablerxpharmcy too due to the reviews i read online. No prescriptions needed for both. I like Reliablerxpharmacy as they have cheaper postage and the same company as ADC.
Madalynblue

Thu May 19, 2016 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your responses - I'll put an order in and see if they come back to me requesting a prescription Very Happy
nick850914
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2016 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I was able to get a prescription from my dermatologist but the price is $35 for a 20g, .05% tube.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2016 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
nick850914,why don't you buy from one of the aforementioned sites? You don't even need a prescription.
Dee2016

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I thought Tretinoin could only be purchased with a doctor's prescription. I got a script from my doctor and purchased from a Canadian co. as it's cheaper there ($55 vs $130 from my doc).
If you buy so cheap and without a script, how can you be sure it isn't fake?
Tankeryanker
5% products discount

Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I have been shopping at ADC for years for my Tretinoin and hydroquinone.

Thanks for the heads up for the sister site with the cheaper shipping.

Unfortunately, Reliablerxpharmcy has higher prices and could end up costing more.

The price difference in six tubes of A Ret Gel - 0.1% (20gm):
Reliablerxpharmcy= US$ 39.01
ADC = US$ 26.97

I would use the cheaper shipping only if I was going to get one tube of something. If you buy in bulk like I do, ADC is the way to go.

I just placed a yearly order with ADC and my total was US$ 75.12 to my door and Reliablerxpharmcy US$75.41 without it being processed and finalized.
Lightshox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Dee2016 wrote:
I thought Tretinoin could only be purchased with a doctor's prescription. I got a script from my doctor and purchased from a Canadian co. as it's cheaper there ($55 vs $130 from my doc).
If you buy so cheap and without a script, how can you be sure it isn't fake?

Taraskincare is legit. The product works as I am peeling and my skin is so smooth underneath. Interestingly, some places in Asia apparently sell Tretinoin as an OTC medication. It is my impression that sellers purchase it in bulk from the manufacturers in places like Asia and then sell it online to customers across the globe. They make a lot of money from the shipping cost.
Pinkie
5% products discount

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm purchasing my retin a from ADC. Very happy with their service and products.

What results have you been seeing? I stopped using for a few years, but just started up again 7 days ago. I'm in the "uglies" with red peelie skin, but looking forward to a rejuvenated look in about 3 - 6 months.
kring

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been getting my Retin a from a store in Bangkok. It is very cheap and quick shipping. It's also 100% authentic and expiry date is usually good for 1-2 years. It's actually ran by a girl from Canada who used to use Retin a and saw how easy and inexpensive it was to get in Bangkok (she lives there). No regrets and I am loving Retin a. I will link to it here.
www(dot)pimplebyebye(dot)com
bsouthe1

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi--I'm 31 and just looking for people's opinions on the best anti-aging cream or gel. My aesthetician mentioned Retin A, and I used to use it when I was younger for acne. Based on what I've read, I was leaning toward RetinA Micro (whatever generic that is). Any yay or nay in that regard? Also, best/reliable place to buy? Thanks!
treatlkr

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I am getting my retin a supplies from
facebook [dot] com / buyretinacream

We can use PayPal Payment is best thing!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |