Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Do you guys drink milk?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I had horrible skin for over 10 years starting in college. The week I completely stopped drinking milk - my skin started to clear up and has not gone back to that state.

I even tried milk again at one point.. just to test and yes I started to break out again.

It is also very inhumane if that matters.. it does to me.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2016 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Inhumane does matter very much to me. But what's the big picture on this? If using cows as milk cows is inhumane then what of eating them or using them for coats?
I guess the point sort of is that cows, like chickens, are so domesticated that their future otherwise seems pretty dim. Hear of many wild cows or chickens running around?
I don't eat mammals because of my beliefs but do allow for poultry and fish so I'm not truly vegetarian and not vegan. That's not to say that poultry and fish don't deserve humane treatment. I insist on that too. But to me there's a difference.
The only thing I know of to do for their sake is to petition and insist on humane treatment of all animals we raise as food. It used to be the norm but technology has made monsters out of us.
This is what we need to do for their sake.
A milk cow on a farm was treated very well and considered pretty lucky.
vil
5% products discount

Sun May 01, 2016 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
This almost looks like an I milk thread Very Happy

I used to grow up on dairy and loved it. I enjoyed all kinds of food too. Then about 8 years ago, developed all kinds of weird chronic conditions, allergies and infections from extreme amounts of stress from life situations and exposure to excessive secondhand smoke (and likely made worse by all the prescription medication)... My body was all messed up and could barely tolerate any food, let alone dairy.

I have since met some helpful TCM practitioners, and after almost 2 years of regular treatments, herbal remedies and dietary changes, I am in much better condition, and my body can hold down more foods.

Still intolerant of regular dairy, but I found my way to a regular supply of raw milk (from pastured cows). It definitely helped with my poor appetite and digestion. My overall health feels better when I drink it daily, compared to the occasional week(s) when I do not have time to get my supply.

I really hope there is more awareness and education on the difference between factory-farmed pasteurized milk (even organic), and raw milk that is from real farms where cows graze on grass.
vil
5% products discount

Sun May 01, 2016 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
From some of these posts, it sounds pretty encouraging that drinking milk CAN contribute to good health.. As mentioned in my previous post, from my experience I think raw, pastured (i.e. grass-fed) milk makes a world of difference to my health. That is supposed to be how milk was traditionally produced, is that right?

Here is a link to what I mean:
http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/milk-it-does-a-body-good/

On the other hand, I believe in moderation. Milk, after all, is produced when the cow just had her newborn. Even without artificially introduced hormones, there must be natural hormones in it, which has an effect on the body.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2016 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I don't. Nature created it for cow's babies, not for humans. That is probably why a lot of people are allergic to it.
nene
5% products discount

Wed May 11, 2016 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I will drink Flax, Almond or Cashew Milk. I stopped drinking cow's milk after I found out what happens to the calves. I heard someone say once that if you are over the age of 3 you have no business drinking milk out of a mammals breast.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Some say do While some say don't. It's hard to say. I think drinking milk can bright skin. It is my experience. For me drink milk years later my skin really become good.
wkw1203
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
No l don't like the taste
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Almond mild 30 calories is the best for your skin and digestive system. I gave up milk 20 years ago.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Only in my Starbuck's latte's, otherwise I think it is gross. Sometime's I substitute with coconut milk but that has its own sugar and binder additives and doesn't taste as good.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
it's different for anyone. I don't think it's bad for you. I think good milk is good for us.
Albeechan

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
2-3times a week , but my skin is so sensitive
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I try to limit my dairy intake. I have oily skin, and milk tends to make the greasiness worse.

I think it has a lot to do with individual body chemistry. Some people look awful when they drink milk and others get baby smooth. You just have to experiment and see which camp you're in.
AshleySawyer
5% products discount

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Drinking milk will make you look younger, will make your skin so smooth and even whiter. That is proven because I have a friend whose secret for her great skin is by drinking milk. I am drinking milk also but then I drink tea as well.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
radhika rohith wrote:
Hello guys, so as i mentioned I drink milk regularly(1 glass at night) and everyone says i look younger than my age.But then after reading all the negative reports i got scared and stopped.I felt I looked lil gaunt and old when I stopped it.So i did some research, met some ayurvedic doctors and discussed and started drinking it again.According to ayurveda, milk is extremely good and is infact a beauty elixir when drunk in the right way.For milk to get digested properly we have to boil it and drink it warm.And while boiling add a pinch of turmeric powder.Always drink it warm.Super anti oxidant boost.Try it guys, I am doing it for past 2 weeks and already feel a difference in the way i look. pls give a try and report back Smile

Well, many of the Europeans saw that it is good to drink milk with cocoa powder added to it also.
Milk or for the non dairy- rice milk with cocoa powder that is hot or cold and refreshing during the summer is just as tasty and good for you.
Cocoa beans or powder is also considered an antioxidant.

Is there any scientific study stating that milk is better absorbed when hot instead of cold.
Or is that a kind of Dr Oz theory?

I usually get cheese and dairy from a local sheep farmer or the farm food co-op.
The local grocer I go to sells mostly local meats,milk and cheese.
I actually do not eat that much dairy- maybe twice a week.

Most of the time I make my own rice milk, as I could not find the one I used to buy at the store near me.
And then they offered to get it for me, if I buy a case of 12....so just getting rice and making my own is much cheaper and fresher too.
nene
5% products discount

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I don't drink cow's milk. I do drink Almond, Coconut and Cashew Milk. I am 64 and my family doctor has commented how good my skin is and how fast it heals ( after face plant to sidewalk and severe abrasions on forehead, underneath nose and chin, I now have a small red spot between my nose and mouth where they had to use surgical glue to pull it back together). Aside from the saturated fat in milk and the fact that the calves are cruelly taken from their mothers when just a few days old and sold for veal,I just don't think there is a reason for a grown human to be drinking milk from any animals mammary gland. I also don't eat meat or wear fur or leather.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Its not really proven as such, because your friend is different genetically to you or I. So what works for her, like most things, may not work for another.

With milk, I’ve heard that there are drastic differences in qualities. For example in local supermarket the milk you get there is different than that say fresh from a cow. Now also if the cow has been fed on natural grasses, that is different to one that eats chemical laden grasses etc. All of these things have a factor in the persons ability to absorb the nutrients. Likewise, if someone has dairy intolerances, then the idea that they should drink milk is pure crazy. There are alternatives like nut milks or even hemp milk that are just as good if not better!
AshleySawyer wrote:
Drinking milk will make you look younger, will make your skin so smooth and even whiter. That is proven because I have a friend whose secret for her great skin is by drinking milk. I am drinking milk also but then I drink tea as well.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
The problem comes from the fact that cows are fed grain and are supposed to eat grass. Then we wouldn't have all the allergies. Cows fed grass become healthier and so do we when we eat it. Fat from grass fed is a healthy essential fat. The US puts all sorts of growth hormones in cows and chickens. These things are banned in most of the world.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
radhika rohith wrote:
I totally understand you. Even I was skeptic. All I would like to say is that, if someone wants a youthful look again pls give a try.I am getting results and I just thought to share it..Smile
great. Drinking milk is so great for us. For your bones your skin. If you drink more. You will become younger and younger
NostalgicGirl
5% products discount

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:55 am      Reply with quote
In the early 30s our bones stops absorbing calcium, additionally 50 gm. /day is what body requires if extra it will not been used. However pregnant women requires milk for healthy babies. The purity of milk we are having is also questionable since processed milk is only a mixture of chemicals Sad
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I love milk and milk products. My sis is vegan and so are many of her friends they are 7-8 years younger than I and look older.

Also kefir and yogurt as long as they are not sugar vehicles have many positive impacts on skin including tone and protection from cancers.

Milk also contains butyrates which are good for gut bacteria and help mitochondrial activity (making skin better).

You can be allergic but this is primarily for those of East Asian or african decent.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I will have the occaisonal Latte which doesn't taste that good with coconut or almond milk. I also eat meat, wear leather of course and wear fur in the winter. It's beautiful, natural, re-newable and bio-degradable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Not true in all cases. Some cows eat grass ladened with chemicals. That is just as unhealthy as those that eat grain. Chemicals of any sort are transferred from the grass to the cow to the milk. There isn't really anything gout there nowadays that can be classed as 100% organic unless it is milk you are getting from a cow in your back yard and even then - its somewhat disturbing what can turn up.

Even ricemilk and nutmilks that are mass produced can contain chemicals.
bugaboo wrote:
The problem comes from the fact that cows are fed grain and are supposed to eat grass. Then we wouldn't have all the allergies. Cows fed grass become healthier and so do we when we eat it. Fat from grass fed is a healthy essential fat. The US puts all sorts of growth hormones in cows and chickens. These things are banned in most of the world.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:29 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:

What about sheep or goat milk-I know a farmer that only gives his sheep grass from his field outside, not sure if he also has goats.

But he does make cheese out of the milk from his sheep and sells that at the farmer's market.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
bugaboo wrote:

What about sheep or goat milk-I know a farmer that only gives his sheep grass from his field outside, not sure if he also has goats.

But he does make cheese out of the milk from his sheep and sells that at the farmer's market.

I believe even more healthier than cows milk.

sheeps milk Feta cheese is the most healthy.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |