Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Do you guys drink milk?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
We are some of the few in the world who drink cow's milk, as it does not come naturally to most humans, the majority around the world are lactose intolerant.

Just having been to a major company-owned farm, I could never eat or drink milk again, though I say this not to come off self-righteous, but only to mention my own reasons to avoid drinking it. Those I know who DO drink milk are hipsters who drink it unpasteurized, which really freaks me out. I'll keep the almond milk.

I would like to mention my best friend's mother is 65 and has been a vegan all of her life, and I swear she looks maybe 46. It's insane.

There has also been a lot of studies produced in the last 20 years that shows that drinking milk is actually BAD for your bones. Those milk campaigns from the 90s really were propaganda of the highest degree.

Just use Lactic Acid (either Good Genes or a peel) Smile
ulli64

Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I am vegan since 4 years now.
My reason to become vegan was the cruelty agains animal and ecologigal reasons.
Step by step i recogniced that my health improved more and more and so my skin does.

Does anybody knows the film "forkes over Knifes"
abt. Dr Esselstyn and Prof.Cambell and the Chinastudy?
I can recomment this film.

I appologize my bad English,cause i am from Germany.

Many Greetings Smile
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:41 am      Reply with quote
It is fine to be veggie/vegan for ethical reasons.

BUT I just did a survey of milk research on the MEDLINE reviewed article database and nearly all of the info is very positive on milk. Cancer fighting benefits, weight benefits, immune benefits (esp from whey protein). There are of course the allergy and mucus thickening problems but these are most pronounced for particular ethnic groups.

Anyone can access real articles from medical databases at their public libraries. The WEB information even from reputable sites is probably at least 50% pure garbage and the rest is questionable. You do not know the mind set of the source. I am a researcher at a major university and every year have a class evaluate information on a range of WEBsites and it is frightening how much is incorrect. By the way several years ago NY times did an article about the second most used "lawyer" on lawyers.com who turned out to be a teen whose opinions were based on TV shows.
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:26 am      Reply with quote
No! only almond milk for the last 20 years. Regular milk ferment in the body and give bloating.
AshleySawyer
5% products discount

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I don't think drinking milk has any issues with the skin. I am 25 and I drink milk every morning. My mum says that every lady should drink milk in order to maintain physical strength and prevent ageing. Buttermilk is also good for skin, I take that in summers.
Alinn Smith
5% products discount

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Milk is very important whether you are young or old. Those who don't drink milk , suffer from from deficiency like weak bones because the natural way of getting calcium is this only and not from the Gemcal - D3 tablets. These tablets should be avoided as it can produce stone in the kidney which is really very dangerous. So,be careful. Take it any form if it is difficult in taking directly like in curd form, egg, lassi, shakes and so on. Main motive remains the same whether the form changes.
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Calcium and Milk. Calcium is important. But milk isn't the only, or even best, source. ... Good, non-dairy sources of calcium include collards, bok choy, fortified soy milk, baked beans, and supplements that contain both calcium and vitamin D (a better choice than taking calcium alone).
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Did you know if you feed calves that milk that we drink, they will die from malnutriction in a week?
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:07 am      Reply with quote
If you going to drink milk than buy ORGANIC the others are loaded with antibiotics. Really unhealthy. But I would stick to Almond milk if I wear you!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Isn’t soy though one of those things that can interrupt hormones big time? I am sure I read about it being a no go food for some reason but can’t recall the full story now.
bigsmilebigdreams wrote:
Calcium and Milk. Calcium is important. But milk isn't the only, or even best, source. ... Good, non-dairy sources of calcium include collards, bok choy, fortified soy milk, baked beans, and supplements that contain both calcium and vitamin D (a better choice than taking calcium alone).

I didn’t know of that – are you sure that’s factually true? I can believe it based on whats been said already but still its hard to believe.
arielstar08 wrote:
Did you know if you feed calves that milk that we drink, they will die from malnutriction in a week?

Almond milk though just doesn’t have the same consistency or taste. I tried rice milk too and that was disgusting flavor wise and consistency wise it was so watery.
bigsmilebigdreams wrote:
If you going to drink milk than buy ORGANIC the others are loaded with antibiotics. Really unhealthy. But I would stick to Almond milk if I wear you!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Every. Single. Day. A full glass every evening, sometimes two a day and I have for every day of my life.
Plus I eat yogurt and tons of cheese.
I grew up on a ranch, milked cows and value the commodity it is and the benefits it brings.
I have strong teeth, strong bones (never had a broken bone knock on wood) and my scan for bone density speaks for itself.
I think it is just like everything else, a choice and a belief.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I don't drink milk very often because I feel uncomfortable after drinking milk.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
YES.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:40 am      Reply with quote
I feel sick in my stomach when I drink milk. I think I'm sensitive to some ingredient in milk, which makes my body feel sick. Especially fresh milk without heating, I feel abdominal pain after drinking it. I am very unlucky.
Emma2019

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:21 am      Reply with quote
bigsmilebigdreams wrote:
No! only almond milk for the last 20 years. Regular milk ferment in the body and give bloating.

Absolutely agree! It useful only for children.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:26 am      Reply with quote
It also depends on your lactose tolerance. I never experience any bloating with it, although my granddaughter drinks Lactaid instead occasionally due to slight reflux when she was a baby.
Just had my latest bone density scan in December and it was very good and above average for my age.
I don't take any calcium supplements at all, no need too.
If I don't have a glass or more a day I really miss it!

5% products discount

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Cow's milk is NOT good for everyone.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |