Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Laser treatment for wrinkles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mary230

Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am      Reply with quote
I am 55 years old. I have wrinkles on my face and I am looking old now. My friends have clear skin without any wrinkles. I tried wrinkle patches, but there was no use of it. Finally, my friend recommended me to do the laser treatment. Can you please suggest some alternative solutions for wrinkles? Or what you people think about laser treatment? Does it have any side effects? Shall I proceed further with the laser treatment? Any advice in this concern will be highly appreciated.
Mary230

Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:19 am      Reply with quote
I wish to do ProFractional laser treatment from Port Coquitlam-based Beauty MED skin care center. I would like to know your views about laser treatment for wrinkles and its side effects. If you have any reviews about Beauty MED skin care center, kindly share with me.
Camouflage
5% products discount

Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mary! I don't mean to be a downer, but I've read quite a few horror stories about people undergoing orange peel texture, fat loss, sagging and whatnot after having a laser procedure. There's even a forum called IPL and Laser Damage. You really want to consider that carefully before you decide if it's worth the risk.

Which are the wrinkles that concern you and how is your current skincare routine? Maybe an exfoliant or a filler might be more suitable options.
Bijou_Beauty

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Specific lasers target particular problem areas of the skin. For example, pigment-specific lasers (e.g., Q-switched ruby, Q-switched Nd-YAG and Q-switched alexandrite) remove brown spots. Broken blood vessels are treated with vascular-specific lasers, such as the Pulse Dye Laser (PDL).

There are also many lasers that are highly effective for treating wrinkles. These lasers can be ablative (i.e., they vaporize the top layer of the skin), such as the CO2 or erbium laser, or nonablative (i.e., a resurfacing laser that eliminates wrinkles without any peeling of the skin).

The use of either ablative or many of the nonablative lasers increases collagen formation, which translates into an improvement in fine lines and wrinkles.

None of the aforementioned lasers increase the chances of developing skin cancer — in fact, some of the lasers are useful in treating pre-cancerous lesions, thus reducing the risk of developing skin cancer.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Keep your skin wet. It's good
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Laser treatments should be done by a Dr or at least under supervision. I would never go to one of those clinics. Beautiful-med is no longer and been bought by someone else more current and younger thankfully! I have had Fraxel by Diana, she's great but I prefer project skin in Vancouver.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Your skin is dry?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
The type of laser treatment that you would need depends upon the depth and amount of wrinkles that you have. You could also choose between treatments that are more aggressive, you would get faster results but have more downtime and more pain. These cost more of course. You could choose a treatment plan that requires more treatments but have less downtime. Have a consultation.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:40 am      Reply with quote
For wrinkles you can try out some home remedies as well as you can also prefer for anti-aging creams that really work well on wrinkles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the tripollar Stop and used it for the first time last night, you can use it around your eyes. I like this tool. My face is definitely fuller today.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Do you know how much it would cost to get a laser treatment?
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:39 am      Reply with quote
The cost of laser treatments varies greatly depending on where you live, what kind of facility you have it done in and what type of laser treatment you get. I have seen prices range from $500 to $3000+. You should visit realself.com There is a wealth of info on it about different laser treatments (and most other treatments.) You can do a search for different laser treatments, search specific doctors/facilities for reviews and also ask doctors questions on that site. There are now so, so many lasers available. Do a lot of research and read reviews about the treatment and the facility before you make a choice. Many people have amazing results, some have very little improvement and some have skin damage. Do a lot of homework!
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I, too, am looking into laser resurfacing for deep wrinkles and dark spots. It is very confusing. The doctor I had a consult with recommended I do a "CO2 fractional ablative erbium laser treatment" or a "pixel laser treatment." The pixel being milder with less downtime. Both lasers are manufactured by Alma. I researched "CO2 erbium" and "pixel" and it is really confusing. I found that a pixel laser IS a CO2 laser and the word "erbium" is associated with the pixel. So I have no idea what the the difference is between the CO2 laser and the pixel laser the doctor recommended. I have heard the CO2 treatment is very painful and the recovery can be 7+ days. Does anyone know how painful the CO2 is? This doc only uses numbing cream. The pixel treatment is not supposed to be painful and has a shorter recovery. I am wondering if 3 pixel treatments would give the same result as one CO2 treatment (in other words, would 3 pixel treatments eliminate or radically reduce perioral lines? Also, if anyone can clarify the difference in these 2 lasers I would appreciate it.
ying0101
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:28 am      Reply with quote
different laser treatments can target different desires required. I've done different laser treatments before. The one that treats the brown spots did lighten and/or remove my brown spots. However, the one that is supposed to treat my redness and minor roseacea has the opposite effect, and makes my skin even more sensitive.
Overall I think it works differently on different persons. It's better to consult the doctor and sometimes we just have to try and see

Mary230 wrote:
I am 55 years old. I have wrinkles on my face and I am looking old now. My friends have clear skin without any wrinkles. I tried wrinkle patches, but there was no use of it. Finally, my friend recommended me to do the laser treatment. Can you please suggest some alternative solutions for wrinkles? Or what you people think about laser treatment? Does it have any side effects? Shall I proceed further with the laser treatment? Any advice in this concern will be highly appreciated.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I have had the CO2 laser. I had a local and numbing cream bc they said it would be extremely painful without. The cost was 1000.00 at a discount bc I had my upper and lower bleph at the same time.
I didn't have any brown spots, just light sundamage and wrinkles. It didn't do anything for the wrinkles and I lost volume in some areas.
The immediate downtime was around 7-10 days of oozing and peeling skin and then residual redness and skin sensitivity for about 3 months.The results were unremarkable at best.
I have also had the Fraxel, EXCEL, Cool Touch and tons of IPLS. The IPLS always give me the best results for the money. But I have rosacea and broken caps so that is my main concern in what I am looking to have fixed. CO2 Laser can make those worse.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:17 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have had the CO2 laser. I had a local and numbing cream bc they said it would be extremely painful without. The cost was 1000.00 at a discount bc I had my upper and lower bleph at the same time.
I didn't have any brown spots, just light sundamage and wrinkles. It didn't do anything for the wrinkles and I lost volume in some areas.
The immediate downtime was around 7-10 days of oozing and peeling skin and then residual redness and skin sensitivity for about 3 months.The results were unremarkable at best.
I have also had the Fraxel, EXCEL, Cool Touch and tons of IPLS. The IPLS always give me the best results for the money. But I have rosacea and broken caps so that is my main concern in what I am looking to have fixed. CO2 Laser can make those worse.

It is so discouraging. My doc said the CO2 laser would greatly improve moderate to deep perioral lines. Most reviews agree with what you said - that the CO2 doesn't do much in the way of deep wrinkles. My doc does no local (I assume you mean numbing shots); he just uses a topical numbing cream. I'm not sure what to do - I was hoping for permanent/long term results vs. fillers. Some people say RF works great, others say they lost a lot of volume in the face and look like skeletons after RF treatment. Then there is the pixel laser that some claim (after 3 treatments) would give the same result as a CO2 laser treatment. Most reviews state that Pixel does only very, very superficial resurfacing. One doc tried to sell me a package of all Inmode treatments from Clear and Brilliant through Facetite (about 15-20 treatments in all) for a whopping $15,000. At the present time, all I really want is a few perioral lines diminished-lightened brown spots would be a bonus. I cannot afford to lose money. I have only done 1 treatment ever (Voluma) and it did nothing and was a huge waste of hard earned money. I guess I will keep researching.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:10 am      Reply with quote
For deep wrinkles, possibly a fraxel or deep peel and then filler. It make take a few syringes. Maybe Botox to make sure you eliminate the source of the wrinkles as well.
Other than having a face lift to pull the skin back in place, its going to be a step by step work in progress to get strong results.
Let us know what you decide and how the progress goes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I would look into Thermage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Thermage is for skin tightening, not wrinkles. And it is not a form of Laser.
bugaboo wrote:
I would look into Thermage.
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:25 am      Reply with quote
There are also many lasers that are highly effective for treating wrinkles. Some of the lasers are useful in treating pre-cancerous lesions, thus reducing the risk of developing skin cancer.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 am      Reply with quote
hautcosmetics wrote:
There are also many lasers that are highly effective for treating wrinkles. Some of the lasers are useful in treating pre-cancerous lesions, thus reducing the risk of developing skin cancer.

Are you referring IPL? I've had 3 trtments for minor skin cancer. I think I need more....
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you are not serious! IPL to treat cancer! If that's true, that operator needs to be put in jail....

DebM wrote:
hautcosmetics wrote:

Are you referring IPL? I've had 3 trtments for minor skin cancer. I think I need more....
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I don't know much about laser treatments, however, I've heard that it can cause burns or scarring and can even cause some bacterial infection. I might be wrong. But i would suggest you to go for Botox instead of a laser treatment to reduce wrinkles.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:35 am      Reply with quote
arielstar08 wrote:
I hope you are not serious! IPL to treat cancer! If that's true, that operator needs to be put in jail....

DebM wrote:
hautcosmetics wrote:

Not necessarily skin cancer but actinic ker whatever they are. To stimulate collagen possibly to heal from within with new skin. I have heard of it and the "famous" dermatologist is the one who prescribed it.
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I would not recommend you laser treatment because it is not safe in my opinion and may cause various side effects like redness, itching, acne and many more. Instead of this, you can use home made remedies to reduce wrinkles from your face like mixture of lemon juice and honey. It works really good and also without any side effect.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |