Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acne,So depressed... Please Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I am so depressed Sad Sad Sad

I have never had any acne/breakouts, until I went to go get a facial about 2 months and also started using new products.

I get new spots EVERY DAY no matter what I do with my skin.

2 weeks after the facial I started using Dr H Cleansing Cream and Vit C Serum, later on I also added Decleor Essential Balm to help clean up my skin.

Nothing has worked Sad

I stopped using Dr H CC and Vit C and I am using my old Origins Cleanser and my moisturizer/SPF. At night I use 2% Salycilic Acid Treatment.
I also havent been eating any dairy for the last 2 weeks to see if that can help as well, but no luck.

It seems crazy to me that all of the sudden my skin has gone ACNE wild! I dunno what is the cause for that, both facial + the new products?

Why isnt the Acne clearing up when I stopped the new products and went back to my old routine which never gave me any breakouts?

I am terribly unhappy and depressed. I dont know what to do, nothing works. And I dont understand why the acne wont go away since I used to never have it until facial/new products...

Can anyone give me any advice?
Aga
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I remember reading somewhere that if you are going to change any products in your routine then you have to wait for at least a month for your skin to get used to them.
If you keep changing products (even if it means going back to your old ones) then you're probably confusing your skin. It may be that your skin is complaining by breaking out in spots.
I know that whenever I try chopping and changing with my skin routine my skin goes haywire and spots start sprouting all over the place.
I imagine the same goes for your diet. Your system needs to sort itself out and so it may take a month or so for you to notice anything. Then again, maybe you are not affected by dairy. It will be hard for you to tell if dairy is an issue for your skin at the moment as the introduction of new skin products into your routine will affect any results you may or may not have. It will be hard to figure out if it is the new products causing the breakouts or your diet. The best thing is to try and introduce one new product at a time, that way if you get a sudden breakout you will know which product it is.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello Toe,

Thanks for your post.

It all makes sense what you say. I just am at a loss and I dont know what to do now Confused

Should I stick with my old routine for now and see what happens?
am
origins cleanser
moisturizer/spf
pm
origns
2% salycilic acid

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aga, sorry to hear you are still suffering, its a nightmare for you. Why dont you try Yonka Juvenil, alot of people swear by it and I havent had a spot while I have been using it. Also the Yonka Creme 15 is good for spots. It might be worth a try or at least trying to get some samples. Good luck.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I would probably go back to using your old routine until your skin sorts itself out and the spots have cleared up. Then, you could introduce one of your new products into your routine. Just stick with that for a month and see if it causes any breakouts. Chances are your skin may change due to the introduction of a new product but if it does cause any spots they should disappear within the month.
Then, the next month you could introduce another new product. Use it for a month and if there are no breakouts then you can continue to use it.
I would introduce one new product per month. That way you can tell if it is that one particular product affecting your skin. If you introduce too many new products all at once it makes it very hard to figure out which one is causing the problem.
Also, I know it's really hard but do try not to stress out too much about your skin. All that stress will just cause more spots!
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cindi,

I have already tried Yonka Juve and it didnt help any with the spots, sadly it only made them bigger and left me with huge red/dark marks Confused as if Juve was too strong ...I still use the Emulsion Pure though cuz it seems to help a little with the resness and inflamation

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Wow Aga, Im sorry to hear that, maybe stick with Toe's advice or search the spa for acne products, Im sure there is some there you wont have tried. SOMETHING has to help you.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Toe,

Thanks for the advice Wink

I am going to try not to worry and just keep my routine really simple for a month and see what happens. Just using my 3 old products ..
It just really sucks that I keep on getting more and more breakouts and more spots....

I hope its as simple as my skin getting stable again...sniff sniff

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Aga, a link to some acne products that might help
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=acne

Sending you good vibes
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cindi!

I am going to try and be strong and just do the old routine and hope thats going to help.

If nothing changes within a month then I'll have to figure out what to do next, if I need some Acne Treatment Kit.

I just hope that it wont keep on getting worse and worse like it has so far...

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Have you seen anyone lately re your skin. You know maybe a mild medicated skin wash may just settle you down and dont use anything else. Australian Bodycare do a very popular skin wash with tea tree oil. Good luck Aga, I hope it settles soon.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Cindi Smile

Right now I should probably stear clear from new products and see if I can get my skin back to normal on my own.
If nothing changes Ill definaltey need to get some serious acne skin care.

Aga
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aga

Sorry to hear that you are feeling down Sad

I was also going to suggest the same as Cindi with the Australian Body Care Tea Tree.

Also have you been to see your Doctor ref this breakout? It seems to me that something is triggering these breakouts as it has only happened since your facial?

Sending you a hug

T x
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheeks,

Thankies!

I have never had acne before and it all started after I had my facial and started using a few new products...

I would like to try the Tea Tree Oil, but for now I am scared of using any new products, so just to be safe I'll try to take it easy for a month and use my old cleanser and 2% salycilic acid at night. Then I will go and see a derm Wink

Aga
Mabsy

Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Aga - sorry to hear you're having problems. It sounds like the facial was a trigger but I'm at a loss to explain why this has not cleared up. If I were you I would go back to the old routine and use the BHA product as well. So basically, IMO you're doing the right thing at the moment and you just need to ride it out. Has *anything* else changed? This could be hormonal or due to stress as well....
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy,

It seems to me that the facial is the casue as well.
I remember the esthetician poking my skin with a "needle" thingy in places I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY SPOTS/BIG PORES and now these places are all broken out.
I am going to use my old cleanser , dunno if its even safe to use moisturizers or a BHA product? IF nothing changes, I will ask a derm to give me an oral antibiotic, maybe that will help clear this mess up Sad

Aga
Sherri

Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Aga,

If the problem persists, I would see a dermatologist. I am not against having facials done by a practitioner, but I do know that sometimes bacteria can be spread in that way, much like people sometimes get a nail fungus from going to have their nails done.

I would consider that as a possibility, especially since you've never had acne before, and cannot seem to get rid of it. Much like a nail fungus, some bacterias require prescription medicines, and over-the-counter products are just not enough.

Sherri
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Aga,

weren't you saying last month that the zits came when you stopped using tanning beds?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Aga, strikes me you should go back to the spa that gave you the facial and tell them your spots are as a result and get them to try and sort it out, or at least offer you some compensation in the way of free treatment - but not a facial. Whats happened to you is a disgrace.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that you should get an oral antibiotic. Sounds like your facial put some bacteria on/in your skin and now you haven't been able to "kill" it...You might also want to think about oral BCP's to clear your skin up. Supposedly the Yasmin brand was developed with this in mind. Sorry you are having to suffer through this. It's not fun. Good luck!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I feel for you, Aga. Have you tried benzoyl peroxide? Neutrogena makes one with a low percentage, 2.5 I think. I've read that the lower percentage is just as effective but not as irritating, the same goes for tretinoin where effectancy is concerned. My doc told me though that tretinoin is to control oil and reduce pore size and blackheads, not for whiteheads so much.

I've also taken an oral antibiotic, tetracycline. It worked well but I became pregnant and stopped. I haven't had so many whiteheads since so I decided to work on my scarring and blackheads with tretinoin. Maybe tetracycline would help?

edited to add this link:

http://dermatology.about.com/od/antibiotics/

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

Thanks for all your kind words! Smile Really makes me feel a little better.

Yes, this is so strange because I havent had any problem with acne on my face and I went to get the facial just to get rid some of blackheads on my nose.
I did get some spots on my back after I went off birth control, but that never had any impact on my face.

I am going to call the dermatologist office which I had the facial done at and explain the situation. I already went and saw their dermatologist, spent $40 copay plus $100 for topical medicine which didnt help at all...I dont really want to go and spend another $40 to be seen again...maybe they can just give me the prescription for the antibiotic?

Aga
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I had a Q I forgot to ask,
Is the antibiotic treatment for the bacterial infection on the skin something that you take for a week like with a flu? Or is it like taking birth control, every day forever ? Wink

Aga
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Im actually back on my BCP but it doesnt have any effect on my skin though.

I am taking Cilest btw.

Thanks for the link Wink

Aga
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I called the derm office and explained the situation but they havent offered any kind of compensation, they just kept asking, " so do you want to make an appointment? "
And they wouldnt give me a prescription without having me come in at an app and obviously paying another copay....This is frustrating!
You guys think its ok in this situation?

Aga
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |