Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Which sunscreen do you use and love?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Like a few others have mentioned I have always hated putting all those chemicals on my skin but I do use Revision Intellshade on my face and neck ...but at least it has some good ingredients and checks other boxes (make-up and moisturizer and SPf)
On my body I'm not partial to any brand..
ananyakirmani

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use Derma Essentia Advanced SPF 50 sunscreen. I really love the texture and the texture of this. This is the first sunscreen, I've found to be non tacky and so smooth I would recommend it to everyone as it is suitable for every skin type.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love Elta MD tinted spf 41. Especially good over moisturizer in the winter. No moisturizer needed in summer. Beautiful finish.
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I wear a Mecca cosmetica tinted and illuminating moisturiser that is also spf 30. I love it.
TinaRobertz

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use Kaplan MD Skincare products, which contains organic products and cause no harm to skin. Their sunscreen products, lipstick with SPF are great beauty products that keeps our skin and lips healthy and younger looking.
kagura
5% products discount

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I have used up my CPB sunscreen but I have to say I don’t like it very much. And now I have got a Estée Lauder sunscreen but I have not used it,i
I will share with you after I use it
Phatwitch
5% products discount

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I love Skinceuticals matte mineral sunscreen, based on zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. SPF 50, lightly tinted and it glides beautifully without chalky residues. No make up needed. I bike in summertime for about 60 km daily and it never failed me.
pallavi_gupta

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Loreal or vaseline
ProductMan
5% products discount

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Coola Mineral Face SPF 30 Matte Finish. It's white but blends in. It comes in tinted as well.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Perfectly Posh spf 30 - love, love it - great ingredients and doesn't make my skin white and chalky
joyknights
5% products discount

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am using a Neogen Dermalogy Sunscreen SPF 50. It is a lightweight, hydrating sunscreen that won't clog pores
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Phatwitch wrote:
I love Skinceuticals matte mineral sunscreen, based on zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. SPF 50, lightly tinted and it glides beautifully without chalky residues. No make up needed. I bike in summertime for about 60 km daily and it never failed me.

I bought this over Black Friday. So far I like it. I also like Paula's Choice Resist spf 30 (tinted zinc). The PC is heavier and the tint is more pink.

Skinceuticals is thinner and the tint is more neutral.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
pallavi_gupta wrote:
Loreal or vaseline

This is not helpful. If Vaseline has a sunscreen product; can you specify the actual name?

L'Oreal has many.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I bought NEOVA DNA Damage Control Silc Sheer 2.0 Facial Treatment, SPF 40, about a month ago as I wanted to try something with DNA repair ingredients.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by it. Feels light on, has a bit of tint, but it’s not orange or heavily colored. No scent. My skin looks good a couple hours later as it doesn’t cake or settle in pores.

https://www.neova.com/products/dna-damage-control-silc-sheer-2-0-broad-spectrum-spf-40-existing

I found walmart.com to have the best price in the US.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:29 am      Reply with quote
EltaMD is now my go-to sunscreen brand. They are economical. Do not smell like sunscreen. Spread on easily and do not feel greasy.

I also like Filorga UV Defence as well if for the convenience of a 3-in-1 product (moisturizer-sunscreen-whitening).
skincarejunkie2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I love the LA ROCHE-POSEY ANTHELIOS 60SPF. Fragrance and paraben free sunscreen.
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I love Avene tinted mineral sun protection Idea

compact and fluid format Cool
Qiwi

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I use 20 SPF, it's good for me.
WCoast Deb

Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
If folks don't mind, I have an adjunct to this -

What do you use to WASH OFF your sunscreen?

I have various brands of mineral sunscreen (e.g. Suntegrity) but resist using them because they are soo hard to remove completely. Any suggestions appreciated. (And if this is inappropriate here, I apologise, will move.)

Thank you,
D
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
WCoast Deb wrote:

I have various brands of mineral sunscreen (e.g. Suntegrity) but resist using them because they are soo hard to remove completely. Any suggestions appreciated. (And if this is inappropriate here, I apologise, will move.)

Thank you,
D

I would look for a cleanser that is oil based. Many choices.

I have sensitive skin and like the Avene Tolerance cleansing Lotion. Seven ingredients. Removes sunscreen, makeup completely and gentle. No fungal triggers (important for those with seb. derm or prone to fungal acne.)

https://www.aveneusa.com/tolerance-extreme-cleansing-lotion

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
My favs:

Bioderma Aquafluid Tinted SPF 50
Olay SPF 15 for oily/combo skin
CeraVe Hydrating Tinted SPF 30
Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 30

The Neutrogena sunscreens are all the new versions without Oxybenzone
WCoast Deb

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
WCoast Deb wrote:

Thank you,
D

I would look for a cleanser that is oil based. Many choices.

I have sensitive skin and like the Avene Tolerance cleansing Lotion. Seven ingredients. Removes sunscreen, makeup completely and gentle. No fungal triggers (important for those with seb. derm or prone to fungal acne.)

Thank you Autumn!
D
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I like ultrasun, not too dry, won’t make you look like wearing a mask Laughing
More important, it does its work.
AmberP
5% products discount

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:38 am      Reply with quote
My problem with this kind of cream is that I don't get it right. I have already read many articles on how to do it, but the fact is that I can't find those. I have combination skin, so some creams dry it out a lot. I'll see what they wrote in the comments.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil 15 spf

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |