Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
damp beauty blender
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like the idea of applying bb cream with a damp beauty blender, as opposed to stippling with a brush because it's easy to wash. But if I use a physical sunscreen, will a damp application bb cream take off my sunscreen below?
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Pratima Neem Rose physical sunscreen under my makeup. Blend my eye concealer with a damp mini-Beauty Blender and do not find it removes the sunscreen (or eye cream). That said, I lightly blot the Beauty Blender (and do not drag it over my skin) similar to how you would tap in concealer or bb cream with your finger to blend it. I have not had any additional sun-damage spots, freckles or skintone change show up since using the blender and am using that as my basis in saying the sunscreen is staying put.

I really like the mini-Beauty Blender for getting in the corner of the eyes and underneath, though it would be too small to do an entire face in my experience. Its been one of my best purchases in terms of saving time, and a better application overall look.

Hope this helps!
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing. So you think if you've had luck with the concealer, doing a bb cream on the entire face would be fine too, no? Just to blot and make sure it's really well wrung out?? Thanks for sharing again.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I do think it would be fine - my concealer (Amazing Cosmetics) is a highly pigmented one that I am able to 'dab' at with the damp Beauty Blender, so a bb cream will have more slip and do very well I would expect. People use them for foundation application as well, and that seems like it would be closer in texture to your bb cream.

I wet my Beauty Blender and squish/squeeze the water out with my hand or wrap the blender in the corner of a hand towel (the ones hanging in my bathroom - very easy to access) and squeeze. Very quick and easy to use.
I really like the mini one for concealer (don't wear liquid foundation or bb/cc creams so I cannot rate the bigger one) and its one of those items I wish I would have purchased years ago...its that much better than a brush!
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
two more questions
maybe three
do you wash yours daily??
Also, do you find it works with powders, like powder blush too?
Are you able to use various products with it without having blush mix with setting powder, for example??
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
mamaherrera wrote:
two more questions
maybe three
do you wash yours daily??
Also, do you find it works with powders, like powder blush too?
Are you able to use various products with it without having blush mix with setting powder, for example??

I don't wash mine daily - perhaps 1/week? Have not tried it with powder however. I do know some use it with their face powders, but I don't wear a setting powder so I cannot speak to that.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for that. So you just use it, let it dry and use it the next day and then wash it once a week with a shampoo of some sort?? I want to try a cream blush with it, curious. I tried powder blush, but it's like it turned out more concentrated where the first "tap" was on my cheek. and it was kind of hard to blend and get it to move.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I like applying my makeup with my fingers for cream makeup-unless it is liners then I use super tiny nail brushes as reg makeup brushes are too big for my liking.

for lashes I like Mavala eyelash conditioner-it makes your lashes stronger and break less if you use mascara.
-haven't tried too much other lash stuff as I really liked the Mavala one and there is no crazy prescription ingredients in it.

-for powder blush I use a small, tiny fan brush. My cheeks are naturally very pink and somewhat tan so too much blush looks super fake on me.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |