Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

hyperpigmentation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
My issue is that all of a sudden, I'm finding new sunspots every week. Like all of a sudden, bam, they're coming on in numbers and I'm wondering if it's not products, misuse or overuse.
First I want to give my routine, to see if I'm exfoliating too much. I use in the morning, before I was using vitamin C 20% to start, then my moisturizer and spf zinc sunscreen. I'll be honest, some days when I don't leave my house, I forget. At night, I wash and do retinol 2.0%, moisturizer and a skin brightening balm from 100% pure or I use their super fruits balm. Both have vitamin c in them, citrus stuff, you can check them out online. But . .. heres' my thing. do you think I"m using too much exfoliation/making me too hypersensitive? And then how can i get rid of all these new spots without making myself sensitive to the sun? I have also been dry brushing once a week. Thanks for any help. I"m a bit concerned and upset.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Okay as they are sunspots, I'd suspect that the zinc sun protection you are using needs to either be reapplied or stronger. You see sunspots are usually when people don't wear sunscreen. You need both UVA and UVB protection. Retinol makes the skin more sensitive to light damage, and so its a must for you if you are using it. Now sunscreen is a must even if you don't leave the house because UVA and UVB rays can penetrate glass. It is a big misunderstanding by many people that if they are indoors they don't need sun protection.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
In the meantime, what can I do, any suggestions on leaving out exfoliation, doing less, using something to help battle with these sun spots?? Would appreciate!
Terry Carrico

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:49 am      Reply with quote
You can get rid of hyperpigmentation naturally with the help of some simple and easy home remedies.
Lemon
Raw Potato
Aloe Vera
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:06 am      Reply with quote
There are a few things I've found that work well at fading hyperpigmentation and they're both good for your skin..

It would be Niacinamide and N-A-G (N'Acetyl Glucosamine) (there are some recipes in our menu section)

And another is frankincense essential oil mixed with a carrier (I use rosehip and pomegranate seed oil)..

Both do work but take time (although the niacinamide and NAG began to lighten my skin overall more than I wanted over time) but both are healthy choices and pomegranate and rosehip don't break me out and have many other anti aging benefits.

Also, it bears mentioning that some of the spots that pop up could be from previous damage years ago (especially due to your exfoliating so much)..I had some spots appear in my 30s that I know were from my late teens and early 20s because of their location. Sometimes it takes years to discover the damage.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using niacinamide and glucosamine actually. That gives me hope then. Although I"ve been putting it on my whole face so maybe I"ll just do the spots so I don't get any lighter. if you know of any good "number of drops" of that oil mixture with frankincense please do share. Also, what do you think is a good number of times per week to exfoliate, so that I"m not doing overkill?? Right now my exfoliations that I have available to me are retinol, vitamin c exfoliation and a glycolic acid. It's funny because if you look at these companies, they tell you to exfoliate daily. Like mad hippie recommends you use either their exfoliation or their vitamin a serum daily. So that's where I started thinking you needed to do it daily. But if you could recommend a good "exfoliation" routine, that would help me too. Thanks
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
mamaherrera wrote:
I'm using niacinamide and glucosamine actually. That gives me hope then. Although I"ve been putting it on my whole face so maybe I"ll just do the spots so I don't get any lighter. if you know of any good "number of drops" of that oil mixture with frankincense please do share. Also, what do you think is a good number of times per week to exfoliate, so that I"m not doing overkill?? Right now my exfoliations that I have available to me are retinol, vitamin c exfoliation and a glycolic acid. It's funny because if you look at these companies, they tell you to exfoliate daily. Like mad hippie recommends you use either their exfoliation or their vitamin a serum daily. So that's where I started thinking you needed to do it daily. But if you could recommend a good "exfoliation" routine, that would help me too. Thanks

I don't really think it appears that you're exfoliating too much from what you've mentioned...unless the glycolic acid is very high. I do think some people go overboard with manual exfoliation and high AHA but Vit C serum and some kind of retinoid is usually recommended to use daily for cell turnover.
But when using things like retinol and retin-a you do need to remember to use that sunscreen.

Here's a thread where we talked about frankincense
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=54237

Frankincense is one of those essential oils that you can use "neat" (straight) but it probably works better day to day with a good carrier oil with maybe only occasionally using it to spot treat undiluted.
Always test these oils before jumping in because everyone has different sensitivities.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
The Tria home laser device is amazing for removing hyperpigmentation. A bit of an investment but well worth it.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:59 am      Reply with quote
so I started using frankincense in my oil and toner at the right concentration of 1%. And I"m using this skin brightening cream http://www.skinactives.com/Skin-Brightening-Cream-with-Arbutin.html
Also I"m using squalane oil, juice beauty spf 30 and that's it. And smashbox photo finish primer was what I had on my face today on top of it all. This one: https://www.smashbox.com/product/6038/48118/face/primers/photo-finish-radiance-primer
and some blush/bronzer
By the end of the night, I had burning on my cheeks, (slight) red spots. . . . too and itching on my chin with redness. Any suggestions on how to start figuring out what product is causing it would be very helpful. Thanks
Andrea
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Topical applications can only do so much.

I laugh when somebody tells me stuff like
Lemon
Raw Potato
Aloe Vera
would work.

It's time, love, to get Laser. Look for Laser operator who use Q switch Laser.
Only go to operators who use reputable AMERICAN MADE machines such as FOTONA, CYNOSURE, ALMA, CANDELA, SYNERON.

Please do further research and make your own judgement. A course of laser will get rid of pigments, broken capillaries, shrink pores and overall firming.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |