Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Newbie here, in need :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Erica S.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I am a newbie here and a bit overwhelmed by all the topics.

I'm 47, and have been in surgical menopause for over 10 years, which really does a number on your face and bod! Laughing

Is there a quick and dirty way to find the most effective products/tools/exercises to freshen up a wrinkly, dull, and saggy face?

Or would anyone be willing to offer their "top 3" skin care products or techniques for aging skin?

Thanks much!
Erica
Confused
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Topicals:

1. Tretinoin: Retin A
2. Vitamin C (L Ascorbic Acid): Skinceuticals C & Ferulic or Drunk Elephant C Firma Serums
3. Exfoliation (AHAs or manual): P50, PTR Peel Pads or Dr. Dennis Gross Peel Pads; and Clarisonic. For the body: Salux CLoth and Amlactin Lotion.

Must always use sunscreen on face and body if you're using the above products

Devices:

1. Microneedling: Derminator
2. LED light: Baby Quasar MD Plus
3. Laser: Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser
4. Microcurrent: Pico Toner or NuFace

YMMV with devices and you'll have to trial and error to see what works for your skin.

There is excellent information on these boards (especially on some of the older longer threads) on all of the above items.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Erica S.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks much denisiel!

May I assume the threads that are "on fire" are regarding effective products...?

Erica
Smile
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Erica S. wrote:
Thanks much denisiel!

May I assume the threads that are "on fire" are regarding effective products...?

Erica
Smile

Hi Erica,

Yes, the long threads detail a multitude of experiences and methods and are worth reading to see if the technique suits you.

The topicals work for everyone (unless you have an allergy or skin sensitivity and then would need to look for milder products) For example, I would start off with an over the counter retinol before prescription tretinoin or you could use tretinoin in the lowest dose and buffer it with moisturizer for a few months before progressing in dosage. There are lots of methods to acclimate your skin to tretinoin and it depends on how your skin reacts to know which method is best for you.

Regarding the devices, it depends on what you want to accomplish. They all take a lot of time, especially at the beginning, and some people don't see any results (especially with LED). But I find they all work to different degrees and I know this is true when I take a few months break now and then due to not having time and my face becomes dull and saggy.

I learned so much from EDS boards, there is a wealth of info on here not found anywhere else. Many of the main posters no longer comment here but their knowledge is invaluable on the threads.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
chrishrojer

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello Friends,
My name is Chrish Rojer, I am new to this forum!
ko6kin.
5% products discount

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Is this actually working for meno problems?
I mean is this list from personal experience?
denisiel wrote:
Topicals:

1. Tretinoin: Retin A
2. Vitamin C (L Ascorbic Acid): Skinceuticals C & Ferulic or Drunk Elephant C Firma Serums
3. Exfoliation (AHAs or manual): P50, PTR Peel Pads or Dr. Dennis Gross Peel Pads; and Clarisonic. For the body: Salux CLoth and Amlactin Lotion.

Must always use sunscreen on face and body if you're using the above products

Devices:

1. Microneedling: Derminator
2. LED light: Baby Quasar MD Plus
3. Laser: Iluminage Skin Smoothing Laser
4. Microcurrent: Pico Toner or NuFace

YMMV with devices and you'll have to trial and error to see what works for your skin.

There is excellent information on these boards (especially on some of the older longer threads) on all of the above items.
Aimeloi
5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Erica S. wrote:
Hi all,

I am a newbie here and a bit overwhelmed by all the topics.

I'm 47, and have been in surgical menopause for over 10 years, which really does a number on your face and bod! Laughing

Is there a quick and dirty way to find the most effective products/tools/exercises to freshen up a wrinkly, dull, and saggy face?

Or would anyone be willing to offer their "top 3" skin care products or techniques for aging skin?

Thanks much!
Erica
Confused

Hi Erica,

Here is what i suggest,

1. Retinol serum- i suggest either peter thomas roth's retinol fusion pm or Topix Replenix Retinol smoothing serum 5x and to use it just twice a week for few weeks and to work it up to every other day or every day in the evening. I have used both of them in the past, I think my preference is for the latter.

2. Vitamin C serum- i highly recommend Vivier 10 serum or Vivier C E peptides. Both are really great and not at all irritating.

3. I have used Creme la mer cream as my moisturizer and really loved it in the past but i can understand not many people wanting to invest in it as it costs fortune so I guess its just matter of finding moisturizer that works. I tend to like to use something soothig as the actives above can be irritating especially for sensitive skin types like myself. I also liked dermatologica intensive moisturizer as it is highly moisturizing and non-greasy at the same time.

4. I also like to do facial massage once a week with good massage cream. I use shiseido massage cream for that.

So that's it, I hope it helps. Smile
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Another ingredient to consider is Niacinamide. I read that Olay Regenerist Serum has about 4% (Future Derm) if you want to try it out.

I am still looking for a Vitamin C that I like. My skin feels dry with many. The one by Revision might work out. I've only used it a couple of times so far. Someone mentioned Vivier so I might check those out if Revision doesn't work for me.

Resveratrol and Green Tea are other ingredients that might be beneficial.

A good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated is critical. Sometimes I use a facial oil and a moisturizer on top of that after it sinks in.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
Another ingredient to consider is Niacinamide. I read that Olay Regenerist Serum has about 4% (Future Derm) if you want to try it out.

I am still looking for a Vitamin C that I like. My skin feels dry with many. The one by Revision might work out. I've only used it a couple of times so far. Someone mentioned Vivier so I might check those out if Revision doesn't work for me.

Resveratrol and Green Tea are other ingredients that might be beneficial.

A good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated is critical. Sometimes I use a facial oil and a moisturizer on top of that after it sinks in.

Marie, that is great point about Niacinamide, green tea and resveratrol.

Aside from vitamin c and vitamin a, the above ingredients I believe is really important in protecting from free radicals. I've actually recent bought Celluarskin RX Antioxidant Defense Complex which I believe has green tea and white tea polypherals along with many other antioxidants for extra protection and can be used together with any routine or prodcut, so when I receive it and test it out, I will do a review here.
MaryLetson
5% products discount

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Aimeloi wrote:

Hi Erica,

Here is what i suggest,

1. Retinol serum- i suggest either peter thomas roth's retinol fusion pm or Topix Replenix Retinol smoothing serum 5x and to use it just twice a week for few weeks and to work it up to every other day or every day in the evening. I have used both of them in the past, I think my preference is for the latter.

2. Vitamin C serum- i highly recommend Vivier 10 serum or Vivier C E peptides. Both are really great and not at all irritating.

3. I have used Creme la mer cream as my moisturizer and really loved it in the past but i can understand not many people wanting to invest in it as it costs fortune so I guess its just matter of finding moisturizer that works. I tend to like to use something soothig as the actives above can be irritating especially for sensitive skin types like myself. I also liked dermatologica intensive moisturizer as it is highly moisturizing and non-greasy at the same time.

4. I also like to do facial massage once a week with good massage cream. I use shiseido massage cream for that.

So that's it, I hope it helps. Smile

My friend did the same things. It helps a lot.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:53 am      Reply with quote
A couple of other products with Niacinamide:

CeraVe PM lotion
Some of the La Roche Posay (I have Toleraine)

I am also looking for a vitamin c serum.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:57 am      Reply with quote
If you do not have money for a circular facelift, then use facebuilding video sessions on YouTube. This is a longer way, but they say it is also effective.
  Give up salt and change your way of life for the better. And more antioxidants than in green tea. That's all the advice from me for today)
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I say NO Tretinoin/ Retin A

That's so 1980s, not worth the "pain"

Go with Peptides, Peptides, Peptides. Try the Hydropeptide Range of Skincare

Only a minute amount of topical vitamins is actually absorbed. Therefore, go for a course of salon infusion vitamin facials such as ENVIRON. Make sure they use the infusion rollers AND the plasticised mask that's connected to the machine. It's a gentle, effective and safe treatment, non intrusive unlike needling.

Home LED devices are weak and useless. OMNILUX Led treatments from salons will give some noticeable results but will need 6-8 treatments that can get expensive.

In short, go with a course of Environ facials. Home care with a combo if Environ and Hydropeptide products. Omnilux is optional because LED technology like this is designed to accelerate healing after traumatic procedures.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |